Toro 22" Personal Pace All Wheel Drive 20353

• Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
dael

daelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

not terrible as a lawnmower but design could be better.

Purchased in March 2013 for $900.00.

Diggavf124Sydney, NSW

Its excellent for large lawns..the mulch is like tea leaves...but hard to manoeuvre

Its always started after a couple of pulls, use fuel preserver. The "pace" setting thing just works...you'll get used to it in about 30 secs. The 4wd on my yard is overkill. The height settings are 2nd to none. The mulch is about the size of chopped parsley and tea leaves. If you go in a straight line, you will see NOTHING!!

Negatives:
VERY hard to manoeuvre other than a straight line or slow curve.
On long grass..(6" high!!) it will stall....I know you shouldn't let your grass get this long!!!

Conclusion:
With the knowledge I have now, I would get the 2wd drive smaller unit...only cause my lawn isn't as big to need a 22".

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunninings for $700.00.

TraeMackay

Disappointed.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $800.00.

Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Toro 22" Personal Pace All Wheel Drive 20353 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Davey

DaveyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not a great mower for Australian grass, moving it around is a pain

Hi All, had a victa and decided to move to a self propelled - this one came highly recommended but on 1st use it conked out requiring a restart at least 4-5 times mowing medium length Sir Walter grass.. i suspect the blades are too long for the powerplant and even though the grass was around 6cm high, it couldn't cope, so i had to lift it..
having said that my old mower did it too but it was 1/2 the cost. the self propel is also really goofy - pulling the mower backwards is a pain and moving/pushing it around (from backyard to front on a concrete driveway) when it's not started is really really painful. i couldn't find any release mechanism.

it's on ebay at the moment - i regret buying it and wouldn't again.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $800.00.

EssentailitisnotMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I’ll never be buying anything from Toro again !!!

Purchased in April 2018 at Aldinga mowers for $900.00.

Mike

MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Mows well, but needs better belt protection.

This lawn mower mows very well. It does not like thick wet grass and will stall because you can't adjust the revs. The AWD system is great when it is working. Due to the lack of protection for the belts, it will throw any small sticks into the V drive pulleys causing the belts to jam or break. My rear belt snapped on the fourth time I used the mower. It would pay to make sure that the lawn is completely debris free prior to mowing and then you probably will not have a problem.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $834.00.

Pickles Jones

Pickles JonesPerth

Good Buy

This is a top lawn mower and the 4WD is really good feature.

I use only the mulcher option as it does this well.

This would be be a heavy mower to push around if it didn't have the 4WD feature but it has. Keep in mind it does a 22 inch cut and gets the job done with ease.

I would have no hesitation in buying the mower again but I would look at the new one which has power reverse also.

This would be the best mower I have owned.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Milo

MiloSydney Surrounds, NSW

Its not a lawnmower, its a beast of a lawnmower.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Perfect for what I was after

I hadn't heard about this mower but was looking for a self-propelled model and was only considering a 2-wheel drive system. I have a steep block so when I got on to the AWD model I was keen to look at it. Having since purchased one I'm absolutely stoked with it! I didn't want a ride-on for safety reasons but the area I cover with this mower is quite large and I do it with ease.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Petrol Lawn Mowers

Trevor

TrevorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Second one in 12 years

Having had a 2006 self pacer 22 inch recycler for over 11, trouble free years, I didnt hestiate to update.my old model with the new AWD. Briggs & Stratton motor. Smaller than the Tecumche motor but just as powerful, if not more. The new model is excellent and has several better features than the older model;better catching capability, lever operating mulcher, better cables. One thing in common though, they start first time. Looking forward to another 11 plus years of trouble free mowing

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Alex

AlexAU

Great buy.

Hi, I've recently sold my personal pace Toro as I've moved to a smaller block of land that's flat ,But when I was living up in the hills I would never have mowed the lawn if it wasn't for the self propelled personal pace Toro . Briggs and Stratton motor, very quiet for the amount of power and and inlet for a water hose for convenience of cleaning the blades.. it had a slasher option and a huge canvas catcher that folds to save on storage.wish I hadn't sold it now but it went to a good home...

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Ruby

RubyNewcastle, NSW

Excellent Mower, important that you keep fuel fresh, but well worth the effort.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Best mower I've ever used

Wade H.

Wade H.asked

Hi Guys
I just brought this new Toro Mower. However if the lawn is just a little wet and long it clogs up instantly, yesterday it stopped every 10 seconds. Is there anything I can do to improve the power. I also noticed the rear discharge is only half the size of standard mowers, wouldn't it perform better if it were fully open to the catcher?
Cheers

Essentailitisnot

Sadly you mistake was buying one...

Diggavf124

Not many mowers will handle long wet grass as it just sticks to the side. Sometimes I leave my grass too long...this mower has the most height settings I have ever seen. Go with the highest setting and take "half a bite" at a time...good luck.

Christhian B.

Christhian B.asked

I have a TORO recycle 22, every 5 min stop and i have to pull it to start again, i dont have long grass and it doesn't matter what setting i have it , it needs to be pull to start again

Gary M.

Gary M.asked

Why do the Early reviews how glowing recommendations yet recent ones are extremely poor.
Has Manufacturingfh moved offshore? E.g.
Gary

Trae

It seems to be the way with a lot of reviews. I think the quality is just not what it used to be and getting worse with most products these days.

Diggavf124

I got mine about a year ago. It works great!!....but it is a very specific mower....if you need something easily moveable....search elsewhere I can recommend. If I had my time again i would get a smaller cut..

CategoryPetrol Lawn Mowers