Toyo Open Country A/T

Purchased in April 2020.

Dave

DaveSydney Surrounds, NSW

Dangerous wet weather performance

I would have to agree fully with Daz6966. I have them on a rear wheel drive dual cab ute, and as soon as it starts raining I cannot get traction from a standstill on a tar road. Highly dangerous! Sometimes I've had to switch to 4WD H to get home

Purchased in March 2019 for $200.00.

Daz6966

Daz6966South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing wet weather performance

Purchased in September 2018, 235/60R18 fitted to 2017 Z71 Holden Colorado. With 30K on them now, the Toyo A/T Open Country tyres have worn well with still a lot of life left. They handle well off road and in dry conditions, also quite good in muddy conditions. They also seem to be fairly tough tyre as far as cut and abrasions go with little to no damage during the time I’ve run them. Unfortunately they would have to be right up there with the worst tyres I’ve ever owned on wet bitumen, almost undrivable and quite dangerous. Due to this, I wouldn’t recommend.

Purchased in September 2018 at Tyresales.com.au.

Ezza

EzzaMelbourne

Solid reliable tyre

I've had the open country tyres on my Subaru for three years. They're a good compromise between on road performance and off road grip. They've performed well in sand, gravel and snow while being quiet on the highway. They're not a mud tyre certainly, but for getting off the bitumen sometimes they're great. Wear seems good too.

Purchased in July 2016.

Keith

KeithNgunnawal 2913, ACT

Great tyres

I’ve had toyo 265/65R17 at2 on my pajero for nearly three years now fast approaching 80000 have never had a puncture have used on nearly every type of terrain never been a problem will definitely be buying again but recon I’ve still got another 10000 klms left in them if not more

Purchased in February 2016 at Tyrepower .

Willi

WilliNorth West, QLD

Rubber on the road

I have driven these on bitumen (thousands of Km) and taken them on dirt roads (scores to hundreds of Km) including some low range hard core 4x4. Great in both wet and dry conditions, got fantastic control on rough as guts dirt roads in the NT, Knowing how to drive under the conditions is a primary skill set for safe travel, but when you can feel the contact with the road, very satisfying sensation.

Car2006 Mazda Bravo SDX

jools59Canberra

Couldn't be happier definitely up their tyres

We have these on our Prado put on in April 2018.@ 58,000 km we are Now showing 76,600km. I'm not into tyres but I do know I look for value and the all important safety and longevity sofar I have no complaints - made in Japan These are 17 inch. tread has barely worn comfortable on bitumen no noise on dirt a really great ride so that is my review nothing bad to say we will continue to use these they really are the business. purchased for a great price @220each but as of December 2018 my son could only get them for 280 a tyre. Purchased in Tuggeranong at transtate tyres.

CarToyota 2024 Prado
Capnbazza

CapnbazzaPerth, WA

Found these tyres were a great replacement to the standard tyre.

We replaced our standard tyres on our Ford Ranger for the Tokyo a/t11 tyre after checking out most other brands. Having had BFGs before on a Patrol and being a little unhappy with them I decided on the Toyos. Great tyre, after covering 12,000ks on mainly unsealed roads across the Great Central Road, Birdsville track and then around Tassy they have barely a chip in them and no sign of wear. No punctures and pretty quiet to boot. I would definitely buy them again.

Car2014 Ford Ranger PX diesel
Macca

MaccaKatherine East

Love my Toyo's!!

I have Open Country AT2's (265/65R17) on my Prado, and I live in the Top End of the Northern Territory. I have found these tyres to be very good on rough/rocky bush tracks requiring low range 4WD. Nil punctures, good stability, comfortable ride and seemingly good in the wet. Of course, when driving off-road, any tyre is only as good as the driver. There's no such thing as a completely puncture-proof tyre. 40.000km and counting, with heaps of meat still remaining.

Car2004 Toyota Prado GXl 4.0L Petrol

rod

rodCampbelltown

dangerous on the wet

I found them okay in the dry, but I nearly lost it in the wet, I was going around a round about, and accelerated at the finish of nit, the road was wet. Well next thing the vehicle's back went from me, I didn't tromp my foot just normal, a very slow trip the rest of the way home

CarNT Pajero 3.2 Diesel
Jane A

Jane ALismore

Very happy :)

I switched to these tyres around 5 months ago and so far I'm more than happy with their road holding and rate of wear. That said, I drive around town predominantly with a trip over much rougher roads (sealed but potholed) every weekend. For their price they've been good value so far.

CarNissan X Trail
Sharon

SharonBlacktown

Good

These tyres are good for the price. It's on the lower end of the price scale however i got a good 60,000km so far and I have no problems. Would recommend it for a car that isnt a daily as it probably wont last as long on a car thats being driven everyday .

Carsuburu wrx

90000km

Used the tyres on my Toyota. Probably not the best road holding tyres you can get but I bought them when working on the Gunbarrel Highway and having three punctures in a day. Since then they have done 90000km, never had a puncture and still look good! I am changing them due to age rather than wear and will use the casings for spares.

CarToyota Hilux
NP300 STX fan!

NP300 STX fan!North West, QLD

Utter rubbish

Got 255/60R18 A25's as factory tyres on my Nissan Navara ST-X and they are RUBBISH! Drove to Birdsville and back to Isa (about 700kms each way with 80kms of dirt each way) on new tyres and staked 2 tyres with rocks through tread. Another 3 have had nails or screws picked up on road & 1 which just disintergrated on the highway. ALL Non-repairable due to the crap build of the tyre. They wear very quickly and just destroy themselves with nay punctures and cannot be repaired. Have gone through 6 tyres in less than 40 000kms (95% on road) at over $400 each. Toyo used to make a good tyres but the A25 is garbage!

Car2016 Nissan Navara STX 4x4
GiMi

GiMiQueensland

Great tyres, no issues

I've so far driven 20,000Km on both dirt (35%) and paved roads (65%) since buying these tyres, and am quite happy with them. They are positively sturdy, given that I've had no rock damage/slashing that is not uncommon on the graded roads around where I live. I have them on a Holden Rodeo 4WD dual cab ute and the car performs normally, including no difference in fuel consumption since previous tyres (MAXXIS).

CarHolden Rodeo 4WD dual cab ute

No Fault

I've had toyo's a/t on nearly 12 mths driven to Birdsville 4 times n they havn't chopped out and still plenty of tread. The Shires are using them, Coopers, BF's, Mickey etc dont handle the terrain out west. I keep services on my tyres n definately will buy them again

Car2010 Prado

No real signs of wear at 20k 50% towing 3500kg van these are LT version

Have had regular rotation at 7500 intervals have not needed a balance yet. Very quiet for the open tread design. Very hard to beat. On LC 200 series Sahara.
It would take a lot to get me to change from these. I think they will be good for 80,000 Klm.

CarToyota LC 200 Sahara

wanders

Fitted set of open country AT to Hilux. Wanders all over the dry road and steering feels unresponsive compared to old Federals
Dealer says its not anything he can help with and I need to hope they improve after they wear in.
Had these before without this issue.
Dealer gave good deal and service.

CarToyota hilux

Bad in the Wet

Good tyre in the dry...but look out if there is any moisture on the road!!.
I have them on a Mazda Bounty and they are do not hold the road and slip on bends if the road is damp/wet. Took them to get rotated at 10,000kms - Pressures set to 38 psi by the tyre dealer (I do not tow anything). First bit of light rain, we start slipping and sliding around corners again. Will look to drop the pressure to see if that helps.

CarMazda Bounty BT50
Sam

SamCanberra

Can't fault them

Purchased in March 2016 at transtate for $880.00.