Toyota Kluger MCU28R

Toyota Kluger MCU28R (2001-2007)

4.1

• Comfort
Melissa

MelissaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love love love this car

Reliable, easy on the juice, comfortable and safe.
I have fallen in love with this car, I have never had a bit of trouble with this car.
I love how comfortable it is, the 7 seats often come in handy for me a mum of 4 little munchie seems.
I love how it grips to the road, and you feel so safe, particularly when your transporting your most precious possessions, your kiddies.
It efficient on fuel and travels distance extremely well.

Would highly recommend this car, it’s been amazing for our family.

Purchased in September 2012 at Cricks Highway.

Noise Level
Features
Comfort
whufcray

whufcrayPerth

Had this car from new and love it

This is a great family car. I have owned it from new and although I am now looking at replacing this I just cant bring myself to sell this car. Its been a real workhorse and has provided heaps of fun holiday activities. The 7 seats have come in handy when relatives come to visit although its now getting a bit cramped for my two children (16 and 13). Travelling around though is easy. Fuel economy is not great but its not terrible either. We have travelled all around WA and surrounds in this car and its never let us down. Battery failed once but it had done over 100K on this same battery so no real complaints. Servicing is OK and reasonably priced but avoid the Toyota dealerships, total rip off. I use automasters and they have been awesome.

Date PurchasedNov 2006
Shaun  Marriott

Shaun MarriottCessnock, NSW

Toyota Kluger 3.3

My wife and I recently bought a Toyota Kluger petrol and it is an amazing car, it's a 3.3 litre petrol V6 engine, auto, the performance of the car is amazing and great on petrol, plus all the comforts you need, I would highly recommend anyone after a great family car to consider the toyota kluger.

BadgeCV Sport
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Sam ADAM

Sam ADAMNowra

Family owned

We have owned this car for two years by now; the 7-seater set up does not allow for that much boot space. However, the vehicle overall operated well except when it needed a new starter and a battery both cost less than $500 combined. I would recommend it for families who are looking for seven-seaters cars under 9k, but I would warn them about the bad fuel consumption which averages at 15L per 100 KM that our car has been getting

BadgeCV
Date PurchasedMay 2016
Samcoz05

Samcoz05Northern Region, NSW

Great

Upgraded to Kluger as needed 7 seater good space nice leather seats good room in the third row only issue experienced is accessing third row when having 2 car seats in 2nd row as can't fold seat down to get in back so have to climb over back seat to get in other than that great 5 stars

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Mumof4

Mumof4Northern Region, NSW

Great

Had to upgrade our car to a 7 seater due to baby number 4 and found the Toyota Kluger. Found it to be a great vehicle love Toyota. Bit i found that once we had 2 car seats in the middle row the other kids have to climb over back to use back seats 3rd row as you can't pull middle row seat forward any more to access. Tried to find smallest car seats but still no luck.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$7,500.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2005
Moe

Moe

Big car and easy to drive

The car drives well and easy to handle it does take a lot of petrol which can be a bit dull. The interior is spaced out to fit 7 people however the back is a bit crowded but suitable for kids. It's still running till this day and would see how long it can go.

Date PurchasedMay 2008
ranimum

ranimumAU

Dependable

Despite the Kluger being almost 10 years old , it looks stylish and drives very well with good acceleration. I like the 7 seat option ( although the second row passenger middle seat is not that big and better for a child passenger ), rear reverse view camera and glass window on back opening separately of the door if required . Toyota should have good customer service too. Only issue I read and have on this model is that the 6 disc CD stacker doesn't work , we purchased it used and it's never been working . I read on some toyota car consumers online forums that this is a fairly common issue ? Anyone else have this or other known common issues on this car ?! Apart from this I would recommend .

BadgeKX-S
Date PurchasedMay 2016
JMK Brisbane

JMK Brisbane

2007 Kluger Terrific!

BadgeKX-R

Find out how Toyota Kluger MCU28R compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

we love it & so do our Grandsons, very comfy & roomy:)

I purchased a used 2004 Kluger Grande in Oct 2015. We chose this model because of the seating arrangements as we do Fostering & the extra seats are fantastic to fall back on. The running costs are good & have had one service so far & all good.Great car BUT the rear demister, fresh/recycled air switch indicator lights are not working. Any suggestions please? Also not happy about having to buy the disc for the Sat Nav!

BadgeGrande
niloc79

niloc79South Australia

Great car

I have a 2004 kluger grande which I have owned for about a year now. Great car with no major problems. Love the power especially since the car weighs almost 2 tonne! Build quality is excellent and so is the ride. Heaps of standard features. I also have concerns with the transmission and the lack of response of accelaration on occasion. Have since been told using premium fuel will help with acceleration problem.
Build quality, power, rear leg room, features
Gear changes on occasion

BadgeGrande

Totally love it

Ian

An update now the Kluger has passed 260,000 km and still going strong only fault has been an oxygen sensor that needed replacement

Intermediate steering shaft

Boris5926
Boris5926
Becca85

Becca85

Great car!

phoenix

phoenixTasmania, 7260

Hi, I have reviewed my Kluger before but i just thaught i would offer a bit of sdvice to all having gear change problems.... i just had a 50 000 km service and explained to the service tech guy about the gear change and seemingly lack of power and they found that the fuel filter under the rear seat was incorrectly installed from the factory and was sucking air as well as fuel. They made temporary repairs until the new part arrives, also the air flow sensor had issues. repairs made and the car runs better than ever... no problems. just a bit of advice

Transission

Nick-P
pjw304

pjw304Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Good

Our Toyota has been a terrific vehicle. We are pleased with the interior spaciousness and with the overall fit and finish. What can I say, it's a Toyota.
Plenty of power. Nice interior.
Transmission can be jerky.

as8871

as8871

Good

Overall its a great car, however if you budget conscious about petrol this is not the car for you. However its a great quality car.
Great car, smooth with the reliable toyota brand
uses a hell of a lot of petrol

Glenn S

Glenn Sasked

What year klugers have a timing chain?

melanierslade

melaniersladeasked

Does the 2004 kluger CBC have vacuum lines/ ducts for the air conditioner? I ask because the air con has started to work only through the defrost vents.

Ryan H

Ryan Hasked

Does anyone know how many kilometers you get to a tank for a kluger cv 2003 awd model? We are planning to drive from Perth to Queensland at the end of the year and trying to sort out fuel cost? Not sure which size tank is but to fill is around $60.00 atm perth fuel prices being what they are which is terrible!! Lol, any body that can help would be appreciated, thanks Rh

New Dad
New Dad

i can say that i get 520kms highway driving on my 2010 kluger's 72 litre tank. but yours have a different engine than mine so your one might be different.

Ian

The 2003 to 2007 model is a 72 lt tank , the low fuel light will come on at 60lt used, at 11 lts per 100km if well serviced ie good spark plugs and a 5-30w engine oil ,you will get about 550km to fuel light and about 650 km if you run the tank to empty.
The first model Kluger is lighter than the new models so gets better fuel range

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives