Toyota LandCruiser 200

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Darryl H.Melb

Still happy with the vehicle as a whole

On the 4th 200 and second Sahara and still happy with the overall performance having done 16ks but still waiting for the 9.5lts per 100ks and am sure it won't happen, i think the extra horsepower was gained by increasing revs to get it to 200kw by an extra 200rpm at 3600rpm where as my older ones were 195kw at 3400rpm so what would you think, safe wise i feel better being in something which is solid and reliable like the old saying you can take a Landrover into the scrub but you need a Toyota to get back.

Purchased for $138.00.

Continual reliability

Purchased in June 2020 at Minh Ha Pharmacy Werribee for $135.00.

Andrew Hughes

Andrew HughesSydney, NSW

Engine seized unexpectedly

My 2008 Landcruiser Sahara with 170,000 kms Engine Seized unexpectedly, still unsure why but not happy. Engine just stoped going up steep hill loaded only with family and luggage. After reading another review here it sounds a lot the same that the oil pump may have failed.
Anyway new Engine (long motor) is just over $17,000 plus labour. So looking at probably $20-22k to have repaired.
Will update cause later

Purchased in September 2015 at Buckle Up Baby Australian for $70,000.00.

PerthPhil

PerthPhilPerth, WA

Dinosaur with terrible after sales service.

Purchased in October 2018 for $105,000.00.

Mazzab

MazzabSouth East Queensland, QLD

2016 VX Cruiser - right hand drive shaft broken.

Bought this vehicle new to tow caravan. Overrated and over priced! However worst of all, (hence the rating) with just 36000 km on the clock, the right-hand drive shaft broke, the rubber seal was split and the vehicle was not going anywhere, other than, on the back of a tilt tray truck! This is definitely a "not happy Jan" moment! I am given to understand that we are not the only owners to have this problem recently! Are there any other disillusioned owners who have had a similar experience with the right-hand drive shaft on their cruiser?

Purchased in July 2016.

berengSouthwest, VIC

I love the vehicle. Hate the GPS.

I live in the bush and bought 2016 200 Sahara to be legal towing our van. It does everything with ease.
The GPS map is 20 years out of date with the road names around here. I have been checking for updates only to find they are still out of date. All other maps including Toyota link have the road names correct.
Why is Toyota wasting theirs and our money on this supplier. Tom Tom.

Purchased in May 2017 for $115,000.00.

bereng

Sorry that was $115K bereng.

bereng

I have paid a lot to have my GPS updated by Toyota May 2020. My road name and some other are still wrong.
It's not a good feeling.

AussieOffroad N.

AussieOffroad N.South East Queensland, QLD

Electrical problems, ABS sensor issues, weak CVs, dust issues...

Purchased in September 2010 for $97,500.00.

all terrain driver

all terrain driverPerth, WA

Large SUV

Used most days around city with regular trips to the Southwest and across paddocks. Standard tyres useless in an slippery conditions, should be offered selection of tyres at purchase. Tows medium sized camper trailer without effort or noticeable steering affect with good braking (assisted by Electric trailer brakes). Limited legroom in second row and third row has your knees up fairly high although almost as much thigh room as the second row. Fuel consumption climbs steeply above 90kph. Should have Android and apple carplay as well as a better Gps which was out of date on purchase.
A very easy mechanism to remove the Third row of seats would be valuable.

Purchased in July 2018 for $105,000.00.

Tom

TomIllawarra, NSW

What a fantastic beast. Tows like you would not believe. Leaves everything else in the rear vision. Mirror.

Have the current 200 series GXL. Expensive but worth every cent. Tows our 2.8 ton van with ease. Have not had any problems or warranty claims in 4 years and over 60,000 kilometres. It is a dream to drive and perfect in comfort and performance. We hummed and harred about the cost but they hold their resale value better than anything else in the market.

Purchased in November 2015 at Bega Valley Motors.

Best landcruiser ever

Ive owned a 40, 45, 55, 60, 75, 80, 100 and now a 200 series. Every model was legendary and every model was better than the one before it. They arent cheap but they outlast the rest. Great tow car, awesome offroad.

Purchased in June 2015 at Motorama Toyota for $82,000.00.

Parth Sharma

Parth SharmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would like to aim the Toyota Land Cruiser 200 VDJ200R VX8 Cylinder

I use my car very often almost 2-300 kms a day. Everyday, every time i get my car serviced when its due, there are no issues with the car its amazing.

Purchased in August 2017 for $12,000.00.

comfortable highway cruiser and excellent tow vehicle BUT

comfortable highway cruiser and excellent tow vehicle. have to pay way too much for way too little. basic inclusions - no seat heaters, accessory plug in rear ,lumber support adjustment, stereo controls steering wheel and poor standard insulation. high depreciation
I would rather go off road in my old 75 troopy

Purchased in May 2015 for $44,000.00.

jojo

jojoSouth West, WA

Beautiful car - expensive and USELESS GPS

I use the vehicle for off road 4WD, commuting. I Live in the bush so require a good GPS system and good robust car that is comfortable. The GPS system keeps wanting to take you back to the bitumen, often it tries to take me miles out of the way. Out of 10 I would rate the GPS system 3. Lift your game toyota, you pay good money for a nice vehicle, don't cheapen it by putting a 2nd rate GPS system in a 4WD! Other than that it is a nice car.....Expensive but nice!

Purchased in June 2016.

mtreister

mtreisterNew South Wales

The leather seats are falling apart and the service from Toyota and Toyota Sutherland has been atrocious

These photos tell it all the car is only 4 years old and Toyota has just walked away I will never buy another Toyota or one from Toyota Sutherland they are happy to take your money not have no interest in fixing there products

Purchased for $115,000.00.

Excellent 200 Sahara 2018

Have done 24 ks in 12mths with not one ounce of worry other than still showing 12.1 lts per 100ks and not 9.5 as Toyota states which all makes of cars claim

Purchased in July 2018 at Toyota Dealers for $120.00.

DukeMG

DukeMGSydney, NSW

Extremely high quality - best car I have owned.

Use the 200 for commuting, family transport & towing a 3700KG boat. (I had a second stage mfg increase the BTC to 4T). The vehicle is more solid than anything else I have seen designed & built today. Comfortable for long trips, large car that is easy to handle. I will have a very hard time letting go of this one when the time comes.

Purchased in April 2017.

ROLLA

ROLLACentral Queensland, QLD

Great car

You really pay for what you get with these cars. Fairly expensive so you get the best possible ride with it. Very comfortable even with standard suspension. Great car straight of the factory floor.

Purchased in October 2017.

Craig

CraigPerth, WA

Dusted engine

70000 km in and engine showed signs of dusting ( dust getting past the air filter and causing wear on the internals eg pistons and turbos ) left turbo blew and was told was a problem with the injectors . Replaced them at my own cost and problems continued .

Purchased in April 2011 for $90,000.00.

Dusted motor 200 series

My 200 series got a dusted motor at 145000 km I replaced the motor no help from Toyota said it was fine for some dust to pass the filter
The new motor has been in for 20000 km and dust problem continued I had to replace the air box with an aftermarket one and also put a snorkel on glad to say that 100% solved the problem

BadgeGXL
Engine SizeVD 4.5L Twin Turbo V8 Diesel
Date PurchasedDec 2013

Big car big budget

I'm unusual here as I have the 2012 petrol V8. I must say I'm quite impressed with the refinement I have only had the car 3 months but travels over 7000kms thus far over the holiday break. I was a bit worried about the petrol motor being very thirsty, but I really should not have been I can easily get 12L per 100 on freeways and city I think around the 15L which is only 2L more per 100 kms than the diesel.

Overall the car feels solid and the petrol engine is renowned for its reliability so should get 300,000 to 400,000kms without major expense.

BadgeGXL
Engine SizeUZ 4.7L V8 Petrol
Date PurchasedOct 2018
Drive4WD

Peter W.asked

LandCruiser 200

I have lost audio, reverse camera and navigation. When i try to do anything, it tells me "external systems not connected" Bluetooth and phone works, but no use of the main speakers. I have a 2008 200 series sahara Landcruiser. Any ideas? It cut out, then came back next day till i turned it off in town. From then nothing! It sucks.

Darryl H.

Peter it,s a 13 year old car and probably done a lot of hard ks,only Toyota could reboot the entire system to find the fault in my opinion

thanks bro!

Johnasked

LandCruiser 200

I have a 2000 L/C saraha. My front camera won't come on anymore. They used to. Works ok when in 4WD. Is there a setting that I've changed somewhere along the way?

Darryl H.

I presume you mean 2020 Sahara!!,if so its under warranty John take it back to your dealer but read your book first on the operation of those cameras on the front and your side mirrors,plus check your spelling a bit!!!!

John

Hi Darryl, sorry I meant it a 200 series 2017 L/C saraha. And out of warranty. [ Spelling is a bit rough] Have you ever tried reading the BOOK?

Dave L

Dave Lasked

can I enter town’s & address in my 2020 VX using voice commands

I have a 2020 Sahara Horizon and cannot so i doubt your V X will

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Compare all 13 Toyota LandCruiser 200
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $99,483$132,768$110,718$87,198
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselDieselDieselDiesel
Wheels17" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy17" Steel
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 138 L138 L138 L138 L
Engine8 Cylinder 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel8 Cylinder 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel8 Cylinder 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel8 Cylinder 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel
Engine Code1VD-FTV1VD-FTV1VD-FTV1VD-FTV
Max Power200 @ 3600rpm200kW @ 3000rpm200kW @ 3600rpm200W @ 3600rpm
Max Torque650-1600Nm @ 2600650-1600Nm @ 2600rpm650-1600Nm @ 2600rpm650Nm @ 1600-2600rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Ground Clearance235 mm235 mm235 mm235 mm
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateMar 2012Mar 2012Mar 2012Mar 2012