Toyota LandCruiser 200

Toyota LandCruiser 200 (2008-2019)

VDJ200R (2008-2019) and UZJ200R (2008-2012)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent 200 Sahara 2018

Have done 24 ks in 12mths with not one ounce of worry other than still showing 12.1 lts per 100ks and not 9.5 as Toyota states which all makes of cars claim

Purchased in July 2018 at Toyota Dealers for $120.00.

Year2018

Best on the road

These cars are yes a little expensive but it will outlast most things on the road if you look after it and would also even with neglecting I think also

Purchased in November 2014.

Year2014
Comfort

Extremely high quality - best car I have owned.

Use the 200 for commuting, family transport & towing a 3700KG boat. (I had a second stage mfg increase the BTC to 4T). The vehicle is more solid than anything else I have seen designed & built today. Comfortable for long trips, large car that is easy to handle. I will have a very hard time letting go of this one when the time comes.

Purchased in April 2017.

Year2017

Great car

You really pay for what you get with these cars. Fairly expensive so you get the best possible ride with it. Very comfortable even with standard suspension. Great car straight of the factory floor.

Purchased in October 2017.

BoughtUsed
Year2010

Dusted engine

70000 km in and engine showed signs of dusting ( dust getting past the air filter and causing wear on the internals eg pistons and turbos ) left turbo blew and was told was a problem with the injectors . Replaced them at my own cost and problems continued .

Purchased in April 2011 for $90,000.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2010

Dusted motor 200 series

My 200 series got a dusted motor at 145000 km I replaced the motor no help from Toyota said it was fine for some dust to pass the filter
The new motor has been in for 20000 km and dust problem continued I had to replace the air box with an aftermarket one and also put a snorkel on glad to say that 100% solved the problem

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Big car big budget

I'm unusual here as I have the 2012 petrol V8. I must say I'm quite impressed with the refinement I have only had the car 3 months but travels over 7000kms thus far over the holiday break. I was a bit worried about the petrol motor being very thirsty, but I really should not have been I can easily get 12L per 100 on freeways and city I think around the 15L which is only 2L more per 100 kms than the diesel.

Overall the car feels solid and the petrol engine is renowned for its reliability so should get 300,000 to 400,000kms without major expense.

Engine SizeUZ 4.7L V8 Petrol
Date PurchasedOct 2018
Drive4WD

New Batteries - No navigation

We recently replaced our batteries in our Landcruiser, and now the factory fitted navigation system is not picking up GPS signal, and has gone to a default map of Canberra. Is there a anyway that we can fix this ourselves, or is this a trip to our local dealer?
Thanks in advance, Tania

Date PurchasedSep 2014

good and is better

the best 200 series to date with a major upgrade to the cruise control and audio.
the cruise control is now far more intelligent in that it can handle undulating roads without becoming totally confused like our 2013 model .
there is still room for improvement with the auto transmission torque converter lockup locking at to higher speed (105kph) this may be fixed when and if we get the 8 speed auto trans they have over seas.
The KDSS suspension system works well and minimises body roll through corners very well.
Fuel consumption appears to be slightly better with under 13ltr a hundred klm. around Adelaide easily obtained.
The dash board layout is better but still has some switches which are dangerous to operate when driving because of there position being hidden behind the steering wheel.
the digital screen and screen operation is very good.
overall the best 200 series yet but still room for improvement.
Kingsley

BadgeVX

Great vehicle great staff

I search for two years before I found a vehicle I wanted to buy, it had to have accessories, low is and be able to do what was required in a four wheel drive. Towing etc. I selected a GX 200 series landcruiser 2013. This vehicle is to tow my off road van for extended trips outback as well as a daily drive.

BadgeGX
Date PurchasedNov 2018
Drive4WD

Happy So Far

We've had our LandCruiser 200 series since June, and don't think we'll ever turn back. Has a spacious interior, fits 3 car seats along the middle row nicely, drives well a perfect family car from school runs to off-roading. Has only been taken for one service (which was complimentary) the local dealer offers a complimentary detail along with the service. The dealer was extremely busy on the day our car was booked in - so could not complete the detail - although offered for us to bring the vehicle back at a later date for the detail.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

King of the Road

Look I love my Landcruiser Sahara 200series as a car, BUT, as a caravan tow vehicle it leaves a lot to be desired. At this time there is a lot of talk regarding tow weights of vehicles and caravans, eg. Landcruiser kerb weight 2680kg (with 10lts of fuel) GVM 3350kg (Max weight fully loaded).
This is a 7 seater vehicle with a tow capacity of 3500kg and static ball weight of 350kg these are the facts.
Hello Toyota ....... 7 average persons at 75kg = 525kg, a full tank of fuel 135lts at .83kg /lt = 112.05kg, a genuine toyota alloy bull bar 85kg, all adds up to 3290kg that doesn't include any luggage for the passengers, how do I hitch up a 2500kg caravan with a static ball weight of 250kg? I am now illegal by 190kg, that's a $300 fine and 3 demerit points. Come on Toyota, I pay you $124k for a vehicle to do a job and I get booked. Or I pay an extra $4k to up grade my GVM to 3800kg to make that car legal, I don't think that's very fair. Toyota could manufacture the vehicle with a GVM of 3800kg from the out-set. Lots of Landcruiser owners are starting to question weather it is the King of the Road or a mouse with a plastic crown.
Lets hear from other LC200 owners if you feel this way, or are you going to suffer in silence.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Since writing the above comments, I have contacted Toyota and they have come to the party. If I purchase a new Sahara cruiser, Toyota will upgrade the suspension for me (free of charge) to 3800kg prior to the initial registration. Thanks Toyota your back on my Christmas card list again. ☆☆☆☆☆

The best family 4x4 vehicle

Toyota landcruiser 200 vx very comfortable vehicle my kids loves it in every trip. Quite cabin and torquey engine. The stock suspension is amazing. Drive it off road and it will just take it easy with the help of its traction control you don't need differential locker in my opinion.

BadgeVX
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Comfortable car

This is a really comfortable 4wd to drive around. Lots of really good things about it. Some frustrations with the navigation unit being poor, as is toyota form it seems, and some of the alarms and bells can't be turned off, which is annoying. Good long distance tourer. Second major issue is the payload capacity. Toyota need to look at this and address it. Considering so many buy the car as a tourer, tow vehicle, the 650kg capacity is no-where near enough.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Best Family Car

We recently bought a 2011 altitude 200 series. It is amazing to drive. I couldn't believe how comfortable they are on the road. It does love it's fuel. Getting around 14.7L per 100km in town. So looking for better economy when doing more driving which we will be doing next year on our big lap of Oz. We will be towing a 22.6 foot Jayco around and we can't wait!

BadgeAltitude
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Happy enough

The car is a great drive and tows well, the kids have grown up now so its the cook and I, you could argue its an overstated vehicle for two people which it is but is bought for towing and long trips into central and western Queensland etc
I am a little disappointed in the lack of features for the driver: reversing sensor, fuel management, retracting mirrors etc. all of this was standard with my previous Prado GXL
considering the significant cost its disappointing, I wish I had of bought the VX
never the less a great vehicle.
The dealer is excellent to deal with and would recommend talking to them before purchasing elsewhere.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Power and the glory

Had my 2013 Sahara since new, 100,000km of trouble free luxury and hauling tools for work. A great machine to cover large distances easily and comfortably. Economical diesel albeit a twin turbo V8 powerhouse. Love the chiller box and dvd for children in the rear. Plenty of room for the larger framed folk! Reliability is first class.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Good car except for a very annoying vibration from 1800 to 2100 rpm through steering wheel, feels li

Beautiful comfy & quiet car for touring & towing, plenty of grunt when towing our 3 ton caravan with reasonable economy (14 to 17 LP 100 kl ).
Interior is plane but functional, comfy seating for long distances , very quiet interior with very little road noise. GPS rather difficult to negotiate as is the radio especially when driving as the screen is too small as are the icons on the screen.
The steering tends to wander slightly so driver has to concentrate more to keep car on track.
This is my 3rd Landcruiser & reliability has been good ( I do look after my cars & have them serviced regularly even before they are due ).
My biggest COMPLAINT with my present GXL diesel 200 is a very very annoying vibration through the steering wheel at 1800 to 2100 rpm which the dealers & Toyota don’t seem to be interested in fixing apart from saying it’s a trait with this model, I have numerous friends with Landcruisers both old & new & talked with many owners of Landcruiser 200 diesels with non of them reporting this fault but have read of quite a few other
owners with the exact same problem as my Landcruiser.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

awesome

Awsome driving experience, quiter than I thought, great steering, excellent on and off road, plenty of space inside, there is nothing to dislike about the interior, easy to clean, and very comfortable for the whole family, it fits everything we need for everyday life or when we go for trips and very affordable running costs, i wish I bought it earlier.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Great driving experience

BadgeGX
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Hi , how do I remove the glove box.

How to change Fahrenheit to Celsius in AC control on Land Cruiser GRX 2019?

Hi, I own a 2015 Sahara and I’ve lost all audio, even when I select different options on screen it doesn’t beep . Have I pressed something by accident maybe

Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R VX 8 Cylinder, 4.5 L Twin Turbo (2008-2019)Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R VX 8 Cylinder, 4.6 L (2008-2019)Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R Sahara 8 Cylinder, 4.5 L Twin Turbo (2008-2019)Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R Sahara 8 Cylinder, 4.6 L (2008-2019)Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R GXL 8 Cylinder, 4.5 L Twin Turbo (2008-2019)Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R GXL 8 Cylinder, 4.6 L (2008-2019)Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R GX (2008-2019)Toyota LandCruiser 200 UZJ200R VX (2008-2012)Toyota LandCruiser 200 UZJ200R Sahara (2008-2012)Toyota LandCruiser 200 UZJ200R GXL (2008-2012)Toyota LandCruiser 200 UZJ200R Altitude (2008-2012)Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R Altitude (2011-2017)
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $107,972$102,617$129,327$123,927$97,042$91,687$85,082
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselPetrolDieselPetrolDieselPetrolDieselPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolDiesel
Wheels18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Steel18" Alloy18" Alloy17" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars4 Stars4 Stars5 Stars
Doors555555555555
Seats787888555558
Fuel Consumption9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km14.5 L/100km14.5 L/100km14.5 L/100km14.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 138 L138 L138 L138 L138 L138 L138 L138 L138 L138 L138 L138 L
Engine8 Cylinder 4.5 L8 Cylinder 4.6 L8 Cylinder 4.5 L8 Cylinder 4.6 L8 Cylinder 4.5 L8 Cylinder 4.6 L8 Cylinder 4.5 L8 Cylinder 4.7 L8 Cylinder 4.7 L8 Cylinder 4.7 L8 Cylinder 4.7 L8 Cylinder 4.5 L
Max Power200kW @ 3600rpm200kW @ 3600rpm200kW @ 3600rpm200kW @ 3600rpm200kW @ 3600rpm200kW @ 3600rpm200kW @ 3600rpm202kW @ 5400rpm202kW @ 5400rpm202kW @ 5400rpm202kW @ 5400rpm200kW @ 3600rpm
Max Torque650Nm @ 1600-2600rpm650Nm @ 1600-2600rpm650Nm @ 1600-2600rpm650Nm @ 1600-2600rpm650Nm @ 1600-2600rpm650Nm @ 1600-2600rpm650Nm @ 1600-2600rpm410Nm @ 3400rpm410Nm @ 3400rpm410Nm @ 3400rpm410Nm @ 3400rpm650Nm @ 1600-2600rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapan
Safety Features
Extra Features
  • Backseat Screen
  • Backseat Screen
  • USB Port
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2008Jan 2008Jan 2008Jan 2008Jan 2008Jan 2008Jan 2008Jan 2008Jan 2008Jan 2008Jan 2008Jan 2011
Discontinuation dateDec 2012Dec 2012Dec 2012Dec 2012Jan 2017