Toyota LandCruiser 200

Toyota LandCruiser 200 (2008-2019)

Also referred to as: Toyota LandCruiser 200 2018 and Toyota LandCruiser 200 2020. VDJ200R, UZJ200R

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best landcruiser ever

Ive owned a 40, 45, 55, 60, 75, 80, 100 and now a 200 series. Every model was legendary and every model was better than the one before it. They arent cheap but they outlast the rest. Great tow car, awesome offroad.

Purchased in June 2015 at Motorama Toyota for $82,000.00.

Year2015

Parth Sharma

Parth SharmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would like to aim the Toyota Land Cruiser 200 VDJ200R VX8 Cylinder

I use my car very often almost 2-300 kms a day. Everyday, every time i get my car serviced when its due, there are no issues with the car its amazing.

Purchased in August 2017 for $12,000.00.

TransmissionManual
Year2001
Comfort

comfortable highway cruiser and excellent tow vehicle BUT

comfortable highway cruiser and excellent tow vehicle. have to pay way too much for way too little. basic inclusions - no seat heaters, accessory plug in rear ,lumber support adjustment, stereo controls steering wheel and poor standard insulation. high depreciation
I would rather go off road in my old 75 troopy

Purchased in May 2015 for $44,000.00.

Year2008
jojo

jojoSouth West, WA

Beautiful car - expensive and USELESS GPS

I use the vehicle for off road 4WD, commuting. I Live in the bush so require a good GPS system and good robust car that is comfortable. The GPS system keeps wanting to take you back to the bitumen, often it tries to take me miles out of the way. Out of 10 I would rate the GPS system 3. Lift your game toyota, you pay good money for a nice vehicle, don't cheapen it by putting a 2nd rate GPS system in a 4WD! Other than that it is a nice car.....Expensive but nice!

Purchased in June 2016.

Year2016

mtreister

mtreisterNew South Wales

The leather seats are falling apart and the service from Toyota and Toyota Sutherland has been atrocious

These photos tell it all the car is only 4 years old and Toyota has just walked away I will never buy another Toyota or one from Toyota Sutherland they are happy to take your money not have no interest in fixing there products

Purchased for $115,000.00.

Year2016

Darryl  Hill

Darryl HillMelb

Excellent 200 Sahara 2018

Have done 24 ks in 12mths with not one ounce of worry other than still showing 12.1 lts per 100ks and not 9.5 as Toyota states which all makes of cars claim

Purchased in July 2018 at Toyota Dealers for $120.00.

Year2018

Iof000

Iof000Sydney, NSW

Best on the road

These cars are yes a little expensive but it will outlast most things on the road if you look after it and would also even with neglecting I think also

Purchased in November 2014.

Year2014

DukeMG

DukeMGSydney, NSW

Extremely high quality - best car I have owned.

Use the 200 for commuting, family transport & towing a 3700KG boat. (I had a second stage mfg increase the BTC to 4T). The vehicle is more solid than anything else I have seen designed & built today. Comfortable for long trips, large car that is easy to handle. I will have a very hard time letting go of this one when the time comes.

Purchased in April 2017.

Year2017
ROLLA

ROLLACentral Queensland, QLD

Great car

You really pay for what you get with these cars. Fairly expensive so you get the best possible ride with it. Very comfortable even with standard suspension. Great car straight of the factory floor.

Purchased in October 2017.

Year2010
Craig

CraigPerth, WA

Dusted engine

70000 km in and engine showed signs of dusting ( dust getting past the air filter and causing wear on the internals eg pistons and turbos ) left turbo blew and was told was a problem with the injectors . Replaced them at my own cost and problems continued .

Purchased in April 2011 for $90,000.00.

Year2010

Dusted motor 200 series

My 200 series got a dusted motor at 145000 km I replaced the motor no help from Toyota said it was fine for some dust to pass the filter
The new motor has been in for 20000 km and dust problem continued I had to replace the air box with an aftermarket one and also put a snorkel on glad to say that 100% solved the problem

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Big car big budget

I'm unusual here as I have the 2012 petrol V8. I must say I'm quite impressed with the refinement I have only had the car 3 months but travels over 7000kms thus far over the holiday break. I was a bit worried about the petrol motor being very thirsty, but I really should not have been I can easily get 12L per 100 on freeways and city I think around the 15L which is only 2L more per 100 kms than the diesel.

Overall the car feels solid and the petrol engine is renowned for its reliability so should get 300,000 to 400,000kms without major expense.

Engine SizeUZ 4.7L V8 Petrol
Date PurchasedOct 2018
Drive4WD

TanRod

TanRodHervey Bay

New Batteries - No navigation

We recently replaced our batteries in our Landcruiser, and now the factory fitted navigation system is not picking up GPS signal, and has gone to a default map of Canberra. Is there a anyway that we can fix this ourselves, or is this a trip to our local dealer?
Thanks in advance, Tania

BadgeVX
Mick cameron

Mick cameronBairnsdale Victgoria

Great vehicle great staff

I search for two years before I found a vehicle I wanted to buy, it had to have accessories, low is and be able to do what was required in a four wheel drive. Towing etc. I selected a GX 200 series landcruiser 2013. This vehicle is to tow my off road van for extended trips outback as well as a daily drive.

BadgeGX
Date PurchasedNov 2018
Drive4WD
Emma

Emma

Happy So Far

We've had our LandCruiser 200 series since June, and don't think we'll ever turn back. Has a spacious interior, fits 3 car seats along the middle row nicely, drives well a perfect family car from school runs to off-roading. Has only been taken for one service (which was complimentary) the local dealer offers a complimentary detail along with the service. The dealer was extremely busy on the day our car was booked in - so could not complete the detail - although offered for us to bring the vehicle back at a later date for the detail.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

SleepyWoodgate Beach

King of the Road

BadgeSahara
Date PurchasedJan 2015

Ben

Ben

The best family 4x4 vehicle

Toyota landcruiser 200 vx very comfortable vehicle my kids loves it in every trip. Quite cabin and torquey engine. The stock suspension is amazing. Drive it off road and it will just take it easy with the help of its traction control you don't need differential locker in my opinion.

BadgeVX
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Naidon

NaidonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable car

This is a really comfortable 4wd to drive around. Lots of really good things about it. Some frustrations with the navigation unit being poor, as is toyota form it seems, and some of the alarms and bells can't be turned off, which is annoying. Good long distance tourer. Second major issue is the payload capacity. Toyota need to look at this and address it. Considering so many buy the car as a tourer, tow vehicle, the 650kg capacity is no-where near enough.

BadgeSahara
Date PurchasedMay 2017

Amy

Amy

Best Family Car

We recently bought a 2011 altitude 200 series. It is amazing to drive. I couldn't believe how comfortable they are on the road. It does love it's fuel. Getting around 14.7L per 100km in town. So looking for better economy when doing more driving which we will be doing next year on our big lap of Oz. We will be towing a 22.6 foot Jayco around and we can't wait!

BadgeAltitude