Toyota Prado J120

Toyota Prado J120 (2002-2009)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Comfort
  • Features

Sarah H
Sarah HCoffs Harbour

Peeling paint and suspension fail

Won't be buying one of these again. Almost every panel has peeling paint and I had to completely replace the air-bag suspension on a ten year old car, and it was the Grande model. Why wont Toyota Australia cover the warranty on the paint, as at present they've got a heap of Toyotas with peeling paint driving around with every other driver looking at it and thinking to themselves "I won't buy a Toyota because I've seen so many with peeling paint." Imagine the good publicity Toyota would have if they honoured the extended warranty.

I've just created a public Facebook page titled "Toyota Australia Peeling Paint." Please join if you are in the same boat.

Purchased in November 2014 for $28,000.00.

David
DavidPerth

Most reliable SUV

Shellie C.
Shellie C.Sydney, NSW

Paint Peeling

Garaged Prado 2008 every panel of paint is peeling. I have worked from home for over 20 years.

My car is worth nothing now, and every other country has extended the paint warranty to 14 years because Toyota have accepted there was manufactuer fault in the clear coat in the Pear Blizzard.

What I dont understand is why Toyota Australia think they are exempt from this direction passed down from Toyota.

Is anyone else having the same issues?

Please contact me on Facebook Shellie Coan

BoughtUsed
Year2008
Shane G
Shane G

Peeling Paint

Purchased in June 2015 at Toyota Dealers for $40,000.00.

Jarrod
JarrodEyre Peninsula, SA

Extremely reliable!

I bought my 2008 turbo diesel prado in 2010 with 75,000kms on it. We now have 256,000 and not had an ounce of trouble. I installed arb after market suspension with lift when I first purchased. I believe this is a must have. This vehicle has been very capable off road and towing our 2.4t caravan.
Highly recommend this model for reliability.

Purchased in September 2010 for $54,000.00.

Ash K
Ash KQueensland

Toyota Peeling Paint - Manufacturing Default

• +1Thumbnail
Tan
TanPerth, WA

Cant fault this car & we've been everywhere in it.

We are truly impressed with this 4x4. We've done a circumnaviation around Australian to the most remote rough locations and couldnt fault it. We have a 2003 GXL 4L - it is thirsty but you have the power and grunt to go where you want. Highly recommend!

Purchased in December 2006 at Toyota Dealers for $50,000.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
D H.
D H.

Extremely reliable and pretty good off road as well.

I bought this car to tow a caravan and use it for light to moderate off road work. The Prado really surpassed my expectations for towing, the V6 towed my 16 van really well. Last December I left Nullarbor road house heading west into a strong cross wind, 44 C outside and the aircon on full blast. The temp never got past 94 c, digital readout from the OBD11 Port. Yeah the fuel consumption wasn't great, but the Prado pushed on without a complaint for 2.5 hours.
I use the car for work every day and its comfortable and reliable despite 227000 km.

Purchased in May 2018 for $19,990.00.

KME
KMEFar North Queensland, QLD

Very comfortable, fuel efficient and spacious

We have had our prado for a few years now and we cannot fault it. It is very comfy, spacious and is a dream to drive. The downer is that it has the same old standard Toyota stereo so no Bluetooth/AUX/connection.

Purchased in April 2017 for $17,000.00.

James
JamesSydney, NSW

1GR 4.0 V6 is one of the best Toyota motors ever made

BadgeGrande
Date PurchasedJan 2017
BruceCameron
BruceCameronBuninyong

Best vehicle I've owned

After a string of Diesel Hilux's, Landrover Discoveries I bought my first Prado on a whim at auction-online, sight unseen. It had 300,000km on the clock so my expectations were realistic. To my surprise it looked immaculate and drove the same, full service history and one owner from new. A few sensible upgrades, suspension, tyres, bull bar later it is becoming a favorite for the fun we have in it and the reliability. Dual tanks standard, great air-cond, relatively good fuel economy, (1KZ pre-common rail diesel-manual). Very capable off road and comfortable, roomy for family trips. Only regret is we didn't buy one sooner.

BadgeGX
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hamid
HamidAU

The best car I had

2004 1KZ, Done 230,000Km with it. running smooth, reliable.
Has been offroad with this car a lot never had a problem,
If the Auto box was 5 speed It would make a different car.
I like this engine is so simple and makes life easier with service and low maintenance cost

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Tough tough tough
Versatile family car
Good off-road
Good I’m the snow
Good all round family vehicle
Very hard to find fault
Replaced radiator, tyres, brakes and one wheel bearing in 6 years. Pretty hard to argue with that in what is now a 15 year old car

Date PurchasedJan 2003
Natasha Davis
Natasha Davis

My Baby, My Life!

I have never ever felt safer or more comfortable in a vehicle. The space is an added bonus but there is nothing my baby can't do and no where she cant go. If and when i ever upgrade i will want something as close as mine as i can get because i just love it!

Date PurchasedMar 2012