Toyota Prius NHW20R
Part of Toyota Prius  4.5

Toyota Prius NHW20R (2003-2009)

Toyota Prius NHW20R
4.5

85% · 112 · 15%

OP83
OP83AU27 posts
  Fair Incentive NHW20R

Love it

We have been Toyota Prius owners since 2010. Throughout that time it has been great. We have to fill the car up with petrol far less than with our previous car. Very fuel efficient. Show details
Tom
Tommelbourne7 posts
  NHW20R

capable, efficient, smooth, quiet and surprisingly fun

Great car, fun to see how the regen and battery storage work as you're driving along. Always gets 5l/100 for us. Actually my favourite car to drive so far, and more powerful than you think once both the petrol and electric motors come on together. Smart efficient driving, what more could you want. And with regen braking, you get better stopping force and hardly ever have to change a brake pad.

rfcroc
rfcrocBrisbane13 posts
Seamus
SeamusIllawarra, NSW93 posts
S Wag
S WagBrisbane2 posts
  NHW20R

Great car, low running costs, great technology

Bought car at auction in 2009, it was 1 year old. 8 years later i have spent nothing on repairs apart from the standard service, 2 sets of tyres and 1 $80 starter battery. Fantastic for city driving, goes great on the open road and excellent air conditioning when driving out west. Done 210,000 km and still getting 4.8 litres per 100 km. Still on the original hybrid battery and going strong. Will upgrade soon and buy another prius. Its the least trouble i have had with a car and i have been driving for 29 years.

PG18
PG18Melbourne52 posts

Perfect

I have had my Toyota Prius I Tech for seven years and I absolutely love it. I do not have to fill it up with petrol very often due to its effective use of fuel. It is also very spacious inside with a high roof. I couldn't live without my Prius.

Storm
StormPerth, WA21 posts
Peter from the TweedTweed55 posts
Hybridfreak
HybridfreakSydney26 posts

Prius Battery Life 2nd Time Around

On my Prius when the battery was finished the car did not stop, did not require a tow truck. Just the alarm came on the dash board, the battery charged full and discharge again totally within a few km. Most noticeable the battery cooling fan run permanently (non stop). I managed to drive to Prius Battery Exchange Australia in Rydalmere (Sydney) and they put a reconditioned battery in. They kept the old one.

Stefan3 posts
Stefan

I've since had to replace the battery pack and pay for it myself as I had no other option. I was shocked to learn that the new Toyota battery pack only has a warranty period of 12 months (???!!!).

Namita
NamitaMelbourne

a great car

We're extremely happy with our 2004 prius that we've had for 4 years, which has done 153,000ks since we bought it. We estimate that we've saved $7500 in fuel compared with driving a similar car with a conventional engine. Maintenance costs have been low, and the existing big battery pack is still doing well. We're still able to get 4.8lt per 100ks, when we're easy on the acceleration, 5.1lt at other times, which is country driving. Efficiency is better in urban areas. Our bikes fit in the back. Quiet, reliable, roomy and pleasurable to drive.

My Display name
My Display nameQueensland6 posts

unbelievable

Have had a prius for 5 years and have --- bought it as a used car at a government auction on a whim

i am utterly impressed with every aspect of this car even forgetting the fuel economy, it has been completly reliable and has not missed a beat, i currently use it as a workhorse carting building materials arround, i have put almost a tonne in the rear, this car has put up with my abuse and still comes up smiling ---- recommend to everyone
everything
you dont look cool in it and its a bit ugly

teamlg
teamlgMelbourne11 posts

Colin F.
Colin F. · Prius NHW20R (2003-2009)

Is there a difference between a Prius NHW 20 and NHW 20R, especially for the rear bumper

Kate G
Kate G

Hi Colin, not sure ... ours is the i-Tech ZVW30R.

Ok, Thanks Kate. Mine is a 2006 NHW 20

Colin F.

I need a new bumper and I can get one for a NHW 20R but not sure if it fits a NHW 20.

Andrea C.
Andrea C. · Prius NHW20R (2003-2009)

Hey guys, the monitor of my Prius is gone and I'm looking to get an other one from a wrecker.
My Prius is the 2007 model is all the monitor fitted from 2003 to 2009 the same? If not how can I check the model fitted in my car?

Julie B.
Julie B. · Prius NHW20R (2003-2009)

Just purchased a used 2009 Prius but was told as I drove off to make sure i top up the oil really regularly, like every month as it uses heaps! Anyone able to elaborate what might be going on here, i will get it serviced asap but wonder if i've bought a very expensive lemon?

G.Y. Land
G.Y. Land
Julie B.

Thank you for you advise, taken on board.

Compare all Toyota Prius listings
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $37,400$43,900$36,440$39,900
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Fuel TypeHybridHybridHybridHybrid
Engine4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.8L4 Cylinder 1.8L4 Cylinder 1.8L
Max Power57kW @ 5000rpm72kW @ 5200rpm72kW @ 5200rpm73kW @ 5200rpm
Max Torque115Nm @ 4000-4200rpm142Nm @ 3600rpm142Nm @ 3600rpm142Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release date