Comprehensive, Basic, Saver, Domestic
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Travel with Kit

4.4
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (3)
Stephen Montague
Stephen MontagueSydney, NSW

Very flexible policy

When travel dates changed I was able to adjust the policy dates with no hassles.
The conclusion I have is that the policy was very flexible. I believe that a good company should offer flexible products.

Best travel insurance ever

Very easy to identify which policy best suits your needs. We had to cancel our trip to NZ last year due to Covid. As we had purchased the policy prior to Covid, Kit refunded in full within a matter of days.We have used kit several times and have a current policy, for our upcoming trip to NSW. Would not insure with any other provider.

Good cover and fast response.

This was my first time using Kit travel insurance. My basic policy was well priced and easy to set up. I had to cancel the trip due to Covid. Kit's online claims service was good to use, with clear guidelines. Once I had all my documents in order, my claim was processed quickly and I received the full amount back. I'm very happy with Kit travel Insurance and would use them again.

Anne
AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Impressive

Very comprehensive insurance cover with competitive pricing. So glad I found 'Travel with KIT'. So easy to understand & set up. My only disappointment was not being able to buy additional cover for an excluded pre-existing medical condition. Will definitely be recommending 'Travel with KIT' to my fellow travellers.

Maz
MazSydney, NSW

Extremely Disappointed

Supposed value for money except if a claim has to be made. Contact was made with all the relevant paperwork to endorse my claim via their claim form on line. It stated that because of the present travel situation it could take up to a month for the claim to be processed. 3 months later + over 10 phone calls and numerous emails later - still no reply. Claim form and appropriate documentation resubmitted via from my personnel email account to claims@travelwithkit.com but NO COMMUNICATION from them at all. I travel frequently and this is the first and last time I would ever use this company. DO NOT USE THEM.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Surprise result

My overseas trip had to be cancelled owing to COVID. To my surprise and delight my complete premium was refunded to me. Not what I expected from an Insurance Company. Will use Kit again when next I travel.

Libby Sydney
Libby SydneySydney, NSW

Took a while to process COVID cancellation claim but they came through and paid a full refund so we're very happy

We chose TWK because it was listed on the Seniors website, included a good discount for seniors and covered for travel to Iran. It was easy to set up online.

Jack
JackSydney, NSW

Better than I expected

Covid-19 canceled my overseas trip. My policy (bought 5 months before my trip) was well passed 14 days cooling off period. To my surprise, I got my refund back within a couple of days.

one of the best on the market, excellent policy

I am very pleased that i was directed to KIT by a friend, and as a result, I have taken out several travel policies with KIT. I am very pleased with the prices, particulary given that I am over 70, the cost is one of the best going to date, I would reccomend KIT to anyone who wishes to travel and have full coverage, and it is pleasing to know that KIT does NOT take advantage of it's older clients by bumping up the prices to a ridiculous pricing.. I am happy to say that in any futore travel adventures, that, I will certainly call KIT and arrange our policy. Thank you for the opertunity for me to thank KIT for the great service i have received in the past. Gus Campbell.

cat21a
cat21a

Kit came thru helping us at this difficult time

Yes good value.ues we lodged a claim staff were very helpful in processing our claim.Due to covid they were very busy so took a little bit to get our refund.this is first time with Kit.will use them again.

Carlos
Carlos

A stress free decision.

Very valuable policy.
Easy to set up and understand.
Because of the Covic 19 my trip last March was postpone and your response and support could not be better.
I must thank your approach to my requirements as I found that dealing with you was stress free.

DestinationSouth America
SAT
SAT

KIT were everything you could want from a travel insurance firm

Excellent value. But more imortanly they are real people who are doing all they can to help their customers in these crazy pandemic times. Full refund issued with no questions at all when my travel plans were cancelled due to Covid 19. Just wish other operators were as helpful and honest. When travel resumes I will absolutley use and recommend KIT.

Thanks so much guys

Lellydw
LellydwWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Excellent Policy and Support

I booked my travel insurance with this company, and have to say what an excellent service I have received. The communication is instant and with these unprecedented times the response I got did ease the worry and stress of being stranded after my return flights from the UK were cancelled by the airline. The claim procedure on-line was easy to follow but you are able to log-in on-line to see the status at any time.
I would certainly recommend this company and use them again. Thank you.

Best Travel insurance company

My policy was a basic policy which was easy to set up. As my cruise was cancelled and I no longer required insurance, I wrote and explained my situation. Without any fuss, my money was quickly refunded and I was reimbursed. I would recommend Kit in the future.

BLG
BLGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can’t wait to be able to use you again

Organising our travel insurance was simple. Due to covid our plans were cancelled. We were emailed as soon as they realised travel was being halted and gave us a full refund no fees no fuss. Highly recommend them and can’t wait to be able to use them again

Read more reviews - page 2

Steven D.asked
Comprehensive

Is there any size restriction on motorbike/scooter engine capacity to be covered for accident? Valid Australian license held, helmet worn.

Leanne C.
Leanne C.

Sorry, I have no idea. Ask the insurer

Steven D.

I thought I was. You do know you are on a Q&A forum which includes the insurer yeah? .......

Yvette E.asked
Travel with Kit

if my flight is cancelled by the airline and i choose not to go, do i also get to claim for sporting game tickets and prepaid accommodation?

Ben W.Travel with Kit

If you don't make a special event... you can claim for the event. However, it depends on the reason for the cancellation and whether the airline can get you back on another flight to make the event in time.

Yvette E.

if the flight has been cancelled by the airline and we can't make it on another flight that night so decide not to go?

Wayne M.
Wayne M.asked
Travel with Kit

Does kit have a policy which covers cancellation of fly/cruise package

Ben W.Travel with Kit

Yes - we have a dedicated cruise pack you can see here - https://www.travelwithkit.com/cruise-pack/

Get an answer from our members and Travel with Kit representatives

Compare all 4 Travel with Kit
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterLloyd'sLloyd'sLloyd'sLloyd's
Maximum Age Covered 99 years old99 years old99 years old99 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance $5,000$15,000$25,000Not Covered
Accidental Death$10,000$15,000$20,000Not Included
Emergency Dental$500$2,000$2,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) Optional cover up to 32 weeksOptional cover for up to 32 weeksOptional cover for up to 32 weeksNot Included
Resumption of Journey Not Included$1,500$3,000Not Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $1,500$150 per day, up to $3,500$200 per day, up to $6,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Covered
Loss of IncomeNot Included$5,200$12,000Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$15,000$37,500$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$300$1,000$1,000
Delayed Luggage Not Included$500$750$750
Credit Card FraudNot Included$2,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$6,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$2,000$6,000Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$2,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,500,000$3,500,000$3,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot Included$650$650