True Local

True Local

See the Best Trades Comparison Websites in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for True Local? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.9
Rob W.
Rob W.

true local is a vindictive disease.

I've seen many businesses as victims of trollers of hate, and true local or for a better word " True Venum" allows, slander, deformation of character, and vengeance comments, without following up properly, true local should be banned from existence, fined, and Jailed, true local is simply a hate forum, and designed by spiteful and hateful
Narcissist's alike. True Venum is poison.

MJ J.
MJ J.South East Queensland, QLD

True local will let anyone post what ever they like on here

True local don’t check if the person is even real or has done work for you just let people hate troll they should be shut down as who gave them the right to even have your business on here it’s a joke.

Robert
RobertSouth East Queensland, QLD

Robotic third world country support scripts

Another company that is outsourcing everything to a third world country

Literally - Don't expect anything but broken english and having to explain your issue multiple time.

All while the fat, greedy executives rake in even more cash by outsourcing australian jobs.

A third world country employee wiped all my reviews? the fix - just doesn't respond.

STAY AWAY FROM TRUE LOCAL - the third world country specialists

John
John

Atlas Painting Pty Ltd

Andy, Gary & Lucille did an outstanding job when they painted the exterior of our home. Their eye for detail was fantastic. They left us with peace of mind. I would not hesitate in recommending them.

Chris2424
Chris2424Sydney, NSW

Fake

This site is a joke. You can't post a legit review. They appear to have businesses they are gouging for $$$ and you can't post bad things about them, but then other businesses who refuse to be gouged and (surprise surprise) bad reviews abound!

Not HappyVictoria

True? You mean Fake Local

This site has my business listed - without my permission and they will not Remove it. There is a review by someone 6 years ago and this person has never been a client of mine. This is truly disgusting. Australia needs more stringent laws against these sites that allow strangers to post reviews on your business. How do we protect ourselves from these trolls?

Not Happy

True Local has finally decided to remove the review that I have requested. However, they advised me of another review by another user, which I never got notified about. It has also been removed. At least they have met my request.

Doors Plus St Peters

Exceptional customer service, friendly & efficient staff.
We purchased a number of doors over a period of a couple of weeks and on each occasion
came away impressed by our experience.
Thank you.

Lee
LeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expressions of Interest system of selling houses . Totally unfair!

Regarding the current real estate market . Of course buyers want the best price they can get. But the system or tactic of putting houses up for sale with the EOI (expressions of interest ) system is not fair to the sellers! Nor is it fair to buyers as one must express their best price they are willing to pay for a property. The seller then sits down with the agent and pics the best price given. The buyers are not given a chance to counter the price, or allowed to know the top price. So there is no way to negotiate with the seller, thereby not getting the seller a better price. This very dodgy. and unfair practise of selling a house must be stopped. It’s simply not legitimate or fair for anyone but the agent.

Finky
FinkySydney, NSW

Truly bad

Pay True Local subscription fees to protect yourselves from True Local reviews. Where did they get that idea from? Being able to remove bad reviews yourself is good but you might consider ways of removing your business from True Local instead.

Kruno
KrunoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Seal all fridges

David is a exceptional human being, not only was he willing to help me with the icing problem in my freezer he actually talked me through how to fix it myself. I certainly recommend David from Seal all fridges.

Dead business
Dead businessSouth East Queensland, QLD

Killing small business.

Once you get spammy or negative reviews from non customers and competitors then
you have no chance of having these reviewed by a real person, as long as there is no foul language, or gender / religous comments then the BOT passes this as ok.
People can Slander and Defame your business as much as they wish and there is nothing that you can do.

Michael
MichaelStrathfield

Rip offs

I have been advertising for 5 years with this mob paying $264 a month direct debit ,now I’m selling my business due to COVID they tell me they can’t stop my debit because an ex employee open the account. So I have no contact with former employee and my bank bank account being debited .Also try to tell me they need 30 days notice to close account, why because it takes 5 minutes to take down your ad ? Absolute crooks don’t use them and don’t give your card

Find out how True Local compares to other Trades Comparison Websites

Pooltastic pool services and products

I recently had a new pool cover and roller fitted to my pool by Pooltastic Raby. Their professionalism and service was excellent. I recommend them for all your pool requirements

Gabser
GabserGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't bother looking at the reviews on this site

A pointless site if you're looking for a balanced and fair review of a business. True Local simply only publish good reviews and reject negative reviews without entering into any discussion why. They simply reject any review which talks negatively of a business which they promote on their site. If you then try to republish your review, even if it's edited, True Local stops you from publishing it with a constant error message stating "you cannot review the same business within a 24 hour period" this is even if you haven't written a review for this business for a week.
This makes their whole review policy pointless as you are never being given a true overview of a business, just being shown any positive feedback from consumers.

Brian
BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay away

Wanted to delist my sole trader company as I have never had any referrals through them and get spam callers only but they would not let me unless I had shut down my business. Other listing sites allow removal so why not True Local? They won't allow removal of reviews either. Too risky to use in case of false reviews by competitors or anyone really.