Two Men and a Truck

Two Men and a Truck

Easy and efficient removalists!

I moved from a 2 bedroom apartment in Croydan Park to a 1 bedroom apartment in West Ryde, Sydney. First of all, the person I spoke to on the phone was efficient and straightforward. Told me the cost up front and told me that since I had most of my things packed up, it would be cheaper to pack the rest up. David and his co-worker arrived on time (gave me a 10 minute heads up that they were coming). They were fast a efficient and really organised. If I move again, I will ask them to help me. Polite and helpful all the way - from the office staff I first spoke to, to the removalists. They are worth every cent.

Such a great review for both one of our valued sales rep Martyn and for team David. Glad to hear that everything on your move has gone smoothly. We are very happy that you were satisfied with our service. Thank you for entrusting TMAAT with your move.

Amazing, hassle-free experience!

I had to move apartments in Melbourne within a short time frame and called Two Men and a Truck for a quote. From beginning to end they were amazing! I had to change the date of my booking due to owner's corporation restrictions and it was no trouble for them at all.
On the day of the move, Fernando and Louis (not sure of the spelling!!) arrived within the timeframe and got started right away. With just the two of them they moved the furniture of my one bed + study apartment from Carlton to Brunswick in just 3 hours! The apartment building hallways and entrances were quite narrow and, though they had some issues with my bulky sofa bed, they managed to get it into the apartment with no complaints and no damages to the building or furniture.
They were both very polite throughout the move and made sure they understood what needed to go/not go on the truck. With the short time frame and my being a young woman with no family in the city to help with the quick and stressful move, I couldn't have asked for a better experience and I can't thank the boys enough for their help. I highly recommend TMAAT and will be using them again in the future!

This is an absolutely fantastic review. Thank you Alanah for taking the time out to leave such kind words for our VIC tribe. All our teams try their best and we are always appreciative of receiving feedback for our teams. We look forward to helping you move again.

An excellent team

We had a large 5 bedroom house to move and Michelle and his team worked tirelessly and efficiently all day. They were polite and friendly at all times and worked really well as a team. They even managed to move our spa which was bulky and very heavy! I would definitely recommend Two men and a Truck as we were very impressed with the team of men who moved us.

This is so lovely, thank you very much Cathy. I am glad that your job has gone smoothly from the onsite quote to the move. It's so nice to see the smiles on everyone's dial with a move that has gone successfully. We look forward to moving your recommendations and thank you for the lovely photo of our super stars. :)

Disappointed repeat customer

Having used TMAAT last year with complete satisfaction (the team was significantly faster than we expected), as had a friend in 2017, we employed them again this year. Unfortunately, the same team was not available. The new team seemed inexperienced and not physically up to the task, taking much longer. Fortunately, the landlord accepted some minor damage to a door jamb, that really shouldn't have occurred. Our take home message? I would get a firm quote next time, and NOT rely on an hourly rate. Looking at other comments on this site and reviewing our experiences, it seems 'pot luck' on how good the team is. Last year's team moved (furniture only from) a six bedroom house to four separate locations around Sydney, this year's (furniture + six already packed cardboard cartons) a two bedroom house to two locations, in nearly the same time overall (just under four hours vs five).

Hi Mark, Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that your move was not a success as your previous move was. We do offer complimentary onsite quotes both variable and fixed. If you could please send through your booking job ID# we can look into what happened on moving day. Alternatively you can email us at truck@twomen.com.au with your concerns and your job booking ID#.

Never ever again

It took two days to move a one bedroom flat that should have taken a few hours. Language proved a big issue, and they weren’t where they’d say they would be more than once. The office were unwilling to help. A horrible, expensive experience I couldn’t afford, I was exasperated to tears by the end. Don’t do it to yourself.

We are really sorry to hear of your concerns Scot. I have tried to search your name on our database and have been unable to locate a booking under your name. if you could please provide your job ID# this would be greatly appreciated so we can look further into your concerns.You had no interest in helping me before, I don’t want to deal with your company ever again.

Happy customer

Great day with team Mati
Full 3 tonne truck
7 hours of hard work with no rest for Matheus on his birthday and Fabrico
Careful packers with attention to detail and no time wasted

Thank you Peter for the great feedback for out team. Team Mati has been working alongside TMAAT for years and we are so grateful to have such a great team. Your appreciation has been passed over to the team.

Worst experience of my lifetime with Two Men and Truck. They are not worth even one star rating.

The removalists subcontracted did not speak English and damaged our property and job that had to take less than 4 hours took them over 11 hours to do. will not recommend this company. Poor customer service from TMAT. We have been through emotional and mental anguish with TMAT and community needs to know how badly things are managed at TMAT.

Hi all the 2 photos are from our home that the removalists from TMAT worked on; made a huge hole in the wall pulling out the painting and wrecked our bed frame, when it had already been disassembled by a professional. very poor customer service to resolve the issues.Really sorry to hear of your concerns that you experienced with TMAAT. We believe we tried to offer yourself reasonable options which you declined to accept. We respect your decision to voice your concerns on social media.I dont believe reasonable options were offered. What your staff was suggesting was reactive measure with nil customer service in it. Sorry you guys are more than Hopeless.

TMAAT MOVE FROM REGIONAL NSW TO SYDNEY

The company (TMAAT)sent great workers for this job.
They arrived on time and after surveying the load got to work straightaway,
good communication,made it look easy and were carefull with everything arriving in Sydney exactly as it left !
a 12 hour day in 35degree heat completed without any problems.
Rod and Felippe deserve to get a 5 Star wrap and I've no hesitation in recommending them for your move !

Highly recommended!

Recently moved from Chatswood to Seaforth. The team was punctual, professional, efficient and pleasant to deal with. Very pleased with the move. Would highly recommend

Office LocationNSW, Sydney, St Leonards

Awful - really do not recommend

We used two men and a truck to move our 3 bedroom house from Murarrie to Zillmere.

We booked on the basis of the first two hours for $550 and $100 each 30 min after that.

Having moved three times in the last year and having relatively minimal stuff for a three bedroom house, I was expecting the move to take 3-4 hours max.

It took over 5 hours. It took them 50 minutes to travel from Murarrie to Zillmere, which is just a 20minute drive. They argued this point with me, despite agreeing that google maps showed it as a 20 minute drive.

The cost was $1,150. This was almost as much as our recent move from Sydney to Brisbane.

We were helping move everything but that did not speed things up. The two men took forever to get things packed into the truck. I left our house from which we were moving 3 hours into the process as there were only 8 or so items left on the front lawn to get into the truck. It still took them another 1.5 hours to meet me in Zillmere at the new house.

They also left behind a tv and a couple of boxes in the living area, which we took to the new place ourselves.

I would strongly suggest going with another mover. We previously used Ready Movers in Brisbane and they were much quicker and cheaper - I wish we had gone with them again.

Office LocationQLD, Brisbane

Stress-free move

We used Two Men and a Truck to move our large furniture items when moving house. We'd contemplated doing it all ourselves but I'm so glad we didn't. The team of three friendly, professional movers arrived right when they said they would, and made carrying our large heavy couches and dining furniture look easy. I'd provided an inventory of the items I wanted moved, and the rest (small furniture and boxes) we were doing ourselves. I'd been quoted based on two hours' work. The guys loaded up the agreed items super quickly, then looked around and offered to take some of the smaller pieces of furniture as well. They ended up moving almost all the furniture in our four bedroom house (leaving only a desk and filing cabinet for us to move along with the boxes), and managed to load, transport and unload (new house was only a one minute drive up the road) in the agreed two hours almost to the minute, with nothing broken or damaged. The guys were friendly, polite, respectful, and fast. I couldn't be happier.

Office LocationACT, Canberra

Have a back up plan. Take a close look at their logo, coz that's how it feels.

My wife and I booked Two men and a truck to move us from our 1 bedroom apartment.

We have a baby and a toddler - So we thought it might be a good way for us to remove some of the stress that comes with moving.

We had ourselves ready. I've taken the day off from running my 1 man business, fridge off, kids beds packed, along with clothes and most of their nappies - ready to pull the trigger. My wife takes off to the new location with kids in tow (on a nice hot canberra day) thinking these guy aren't going to be long.

Little did we know that the book time slot allocated to us (11-1) would turn into at we'll be there at 1230 to disregard that, it won't be til 4/430........ummmm we're running late make it 530. My wife and kids have been waiting at the new place, no food nappies running low. Tired and exhausted, stress levels high

Well two men and a truck (literally) do arrive at 530 and park out on the grass in front of the complex that the Body Corp is super keen about, I say you should not park there fellas, you'll get your butt kicked - response 'ehhhh, it's the end of the day'

I start writing on my phone a email to two men and truck with a complaint.

Ok well. They get the paperwork out tell me I have to sign stuff - I don't. They start moving and I'm thinking, this is going to take ages, so I start helping. This takes an hour before they leave.

Email is responded to with 'sorry, we've escalated this'....

We all get to the house (about 20min away) unpack within a hour and they leave at near on 745/8.

The next day, I've taken half a day off to clean the old place, coz I couldn't do it the day before like planned and I see that we've already been charged (less the 12 hours) - despite our complaint and it's apparent 'escalation' I send a email again outlining that this is bad edicate, they try calling - I'm busy cleaning.

Hopefully will have this resolved. It not holding my breath. Take a close look at their logo, that's how we feel.

Professional move

Moved 4 hours north of Melbourne in the middle of intense rain (Hume Fwy flooded) but the 2 guys moving our things were fantastic, excellent service. Highly recommended.

Office LocationVIC, Melbourne, Truganina

Exceptional Customer Care

In what was Sydney's biggest rainfall in 44 years, I was extremely hesitant to go ahead with my scheduled house-to-apartment move however Sean assured me every duty of care would be met from Josh and his team. I think this was one of the smoothest moves I've ever done. They called to confirm and then again on approach, showing up on time, had the whole truck packed within 45 minutes. The destination location was tricky being an apartment, sloping driveway and no shelter from the wind/rain and despite the three levels of stairs, Josh and his team were exceptional. Not one issue or problem, placed everything where it needed to go and were courteous and polite. The whole move was four hours door-to-door with a 30 minute distance from both locations, in peak, with torrential weather. I cannot recommend TMAAT highly enough. I hope they enjoyed the well deserved coffee and donuts!

High Recommendation

TMAAT were outstanding.

I had a team of 4 professionals.

They were timely, dependable, extremely careful, efficient, skilled and experienced with the relocation.

I was so impressed. I would recommend them highly and will definitely be using them for my next move.

To all the team both on the ground (HO) and with the relocation - thank you so very much!

M O'Reilly

Best People Ever!

Two Men And A Truck moved us from Sydney to Queensland . It was a big move requiring 2x20ft containers. We had packed 35 plastic tubs, 50 card board boxes! A full pilates studio, comprised of sophisticated, hard to handle and heavy equipment. An Editing studio. And then a full 4 bedroom house. Not to mention some big pot plants that my wife wasn’t prepared to leave behind. The house we were moving out from was at the bottom of a steep driveway which the trucks couldn’t access, so we had to use 2 utes. Basically, all the potential for a nightmare move.

Well... Sean got us organised. Told us how to pack those boxes with efficiency and care. Was spot on on his estimate of space and time needed. And his quote was very competitive. Everything went according to plan and schedule. Amazing!

We have no words to express our gratitude to both the Sydney crew, Michael, Daniel, Jordan, Bruno P, Bruno M and Felipe and our Queensland crew Mike, Stephen, Claudio, Ciro, Leo and Bruno. These boys worked as hard as I’ve ever seen anyone working. They were careful, gentle in their handling and very smart on the packing of the containers. And same on the way out. To our surprise (one always expects some loss), there was not a single broken or lost item! Not a broken glass (and we had many!)

But best of all, was the attitude, the smiles and laughs, the encouragement, and not hearing a single complain. Kudos to these boys. If we ever have to move again, we’ll know whom to call.

courteous and competent

This was a small move but important to us as it involved a very heavy dining table and 8 chairs which we could not have managed by ourselves. Both team members were well-mannered and smiled and were very competent in their task.

Office LocationACT, Canberra

Unreliable. Dishonest. Everything you don't want in a removal company...

If you want a removalist that fails to show up (MULTIPLE times), lies to you, doesn't answer their phone and doesn't apologise, then this is the business for you.

Otherwise, avoid Two men and a Truck Canberra at all costs: unreliable, dishonest and no regard for their customers. I've used White Knight removalists in the past...highly recommend them instead!

Explanation: we booked Two Men and a Truck to move house for Friday at 3pm...they didn't show up. No call, no apology, nothing. We wait until 4:30pm before we called: they finally answer and say their current job has run overtime and they could maybe get to our job at 7:30pm, or we could be their first job and #1 priority the next day at 7am sharp, so we agree.

The next day we get up early. 7am...no show. 8am...still not there. 830am, we call, sit on hold for 20 minutes, they finally answer and say they have gone to another job and will get to us by 930am (so much for us being their first job of the day!).

It gets to 930am...no show. We call them again at 10am and now they claim their truck is broken down and has been since 7am (so their "other job" was obviously a lie) and their spare truck is busy with another job, maybe they'll get to us by 3pm if we're lucky. What a joke.

In the end I hired a truck from Kennards (who were great!) and had to move everything myself.

Two Men and Truck never apologised, never explained what happened and never seemed to care that they had stuffed up so badly. If minus 5 stars was an option, I'd select it.

If anyone wants evidence of their terrible service, I can show the (multiple) booking confirmations, my phone call history of the 20 times I had to call them and my receipt from Kennards for the tuck I had to hire last minute.

Great team

My move was a bit complicated, partially emptying a large house and moving most of the contents to a storage unit which I hadn't seen before. I was a bit stressed but the TMAAT team were calm and made it easy. The guys arrived on time, were courteous and careful, and were not fazed by having to move a piano and cram everything into a storage space. They fitted it all in well... and carefully wrapped up some sofas, which has given us peace of mind until we decide what to do with them. We will use you for the next stage of our next move... in a few weeks!

Office LocationNSW, Sydney, St Leonards

Would never use or recommend

1 room assisted living to another assisted living, 6 items, bed, night stand, love seat, recliner, TV, Entertainment Center. Approx 35 minutes travel from 1 to other.
Our "window" was 11am - 1pm was called at 12:30 to expect at 1:30 they were. One of the moving team had bad attitude from the beginning, he was rough with furniture had me sign off all paper work in hallway instead of in the room they moved furniture from, thus I found out too late that they had forgotten the power cord to bed which I had to retrieve and install myself which was very hard at that point. They never "covered" the mattress. I took a dresser, 2 boxes and a end table off the move and the price did not change at all in fact it went up? Charge was $456 ended up $488, time did not chg 2 hrs, only change was 4 less items to move should have been less right? I was done dealing with [name removed]'s attitude even the manager at assisted living commented on his attitude! Will never use again and never recommend, have already had opportunity to "not recommend" and did so.

Office LocationGreenwood Indiana