1.2

Income Protection
1.1
Rates and Fees
1.3
Brand Manager for TWUSUPER? Claim your listing.

Katie
Katie

Horrible company

My husband was with TWU and died over a year ago from a heart attack. I have had the claim in with them for a year now for the death benefit and the whole experience has been terrible. The case manager won’t talk to me or return calls, the only people who will discuss the claim is the call centre employees who have to read the file to give me updates. They can’t give me answers though. Horrible experience when you are grieving and in need of the funds to support your children.
Ali
Ali

Annoyed

Absolutely disgusting there performance many bad reviews,jumped hurdles for these maggots for 2yrs for a deceased members measly $7500 ,I’m embarrassed to be part of this fund as a truck driver for 30yrs as my father was,I will certainly be changing funds once I receive the money how can a fund still operate this way and not be shut down ,what is the ombudsman doing for god sake 1000s must of complained shut them down for god sake
Naomi

BGGPoint clare6 posts

Neddy A.
Neddy A.4 posts

TWU… Worst of the worst!

Absolutely horrible superannuation company! The worst to non existent customer service… they don’t care about you or your account!! I’ve moved on but can’t believe the drama it took and constant disappointment from so many different times I’ve tired to get my account sorted. Why they still exist is beyond me but anyone with a inch of sense will run not walk away from them altogether.. don’t know if there’s another company worse but if there is they belong in a bin like this rotten mob!
Souphead
SoupheadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC17 posts

In my experience

I have looked at all the reviews and over the years I have heard many negative things about TWU super as well as having many discussions with members. I think in this industry is full of peoples who's cup is half empty. In my experience there performance is no that far behind some of the better performing funds and there costumer service has been excellent, and no I don't work for them.
Insurance Options
Rates and Fees
Jan57
Jan576 posts

Makes no money

This superannuation fund need to be outlawed. Just got a statement We paid more in fees and lost investments over past 12 months than was deposited into my husbands superannuation. Definitely leaving twu. I’m with hesta so much better fees and you actually see your super increasing not twu you make nothing and the fees are horrendous TWU after years goodbye
Lets go
Lets goAdelaide2 posts

Getting Paid when someone dies???????

How can you take out a death benefit then have to wait?? My partner died after heart surgery. The coroner is still doing an investigation as it was after surgery. Claiming is a difficult process and because his current death certificate says cause of death - to be determined by coroner, they wont pay !!!! I have to wait and this could take 6 to 12 months. I will be homeless by Dec. There communication and explanations on forms is a joke. 2 weeks to reply to an email. I would not recommend them and ???? whoever the insurance co they use is not known.....
JAY
JAY3 posts

STAY AWAY FROM TWU

If I could give them a “0” I would, worked at Toll Group Tullamarine, all I can say is stay away they are a bunch of bullies and scammers, truck drivers are cared for everyone else who cares.
Mick
Mick

Absolutely useless

Called to get my membership number. Can’t provide it. Will be pulling out. They forget it’s not their money. Transfer to another fund. Will get out as soon as I can.
Wajdi H.
Wajdi H.2 posts

INSURANCE Was Cancelled with no Authority

INSURANCE Was Cancelled with no Authority.......
I have been with TWU super for over 15 years. My insurance was cancelled and I noticed it within 2 months that it was cancelled. I was promised it will be reinstated in 2017. I was advised not to get new insurance as it is Within the two months period and again it will be reinstated. It has now been 3.5 years.
I have been calling since 2017 2018 2019 and 2020 with just lies and lies. Just going in circles.
I have been waiting for 3 and a half years and just laughed at.
July 2020 now the trusties office is onto it and I am waiting for outcome.
I Will give it 0 stars my previous review was deleted and the page was gone. Half of the call centre all more knows me by calling everyday. 0 stars
Luka88
Luka88Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

making life more difficult for all australians

July 1st lodged a early release of super with twu, 5th July granted now its 27th july with no funds transferred with 2 attempts calling them in between, one with a lie saying it has been processed another by giving a false email address during this hard time they should be helping fellow Australians not making life more difficult, i advise all Australians to stay well clear from these mob
Reuben
Reuben3 posts

SUPER WITHDRAWAL

I have read the other reviews on here. Answering the phone quicker is an issue TWU needs to definitely address. However, no one has mentioned that millions of people are accessing their super early which means that all superfunds are overwhelmed at present with claims. People need to understand that it takes TIME to process such an influx of claims.
ryansreq
ryansreqSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Would give 0 stars if I could

Absolutely no communication. The second covid early release so far has taken 3 weeks and still haven't even processed it yet but previous calls told me they have.
They will happily tell you what you want to hear without looking into anything.

Very disappointing considering we trust these people with our future retirement.