Typo

Typo

See the Best Office & Stationery Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

bad prices

quality is average, prices are high. bought some pens and pencils, the odd mug or two, nothing special about them. But the prices are outrageous. I'm not spending $15 on a mug at typo when I can get one for 75c at Kmart for the same quality.

suggested improvements

just spent A$69 at Typo Westfield Chatswood ,happy and interesting store but:
1.wanted 0.20cents for paper bag - surely large enough mark up on my 3 items to include bag .Suggest review of policy where no charge for bag over a certain spend
2.the price label on the classic retro gamer is inside the sealed plastic package and I cannot remove .It is a gift so would be far better to be on outside of package for this purpose

Waste of $20!

After 3-5 uses of the earphones the left earphone stopped working but other than that they had a very good quality of sound.
I purchased the Luxe earphones in the colour Oil Slick.

Bad earphones

My daughter offered me a gift certificate from typo. Went and got myself some wireless earphones. Only one ear works after I used them 3-4 times. Not impressed. I wouldn't recommend.

Perfect gift!

Bought a cute lunchbox for my niece few days back at Southland store (Melbourne). She was stocked. They have great range of products and helpful staff. I will be back.

Cute stuff but staff could be better

I purchased a squishy which had a big sign saying “two for $10”, I assumed it would be $5 each. I payed for it and the lady charged $10. me not thinking didn’t say anything and I didn’t realise until I walked out of the store that I could have gotten another one for free. Stupid lady scammed me

great store but could use a larger variety

I am a big fan of typo and love all of their products, especially their cute phone cases but they don't have a wide variety for certain phones, for example i used to have the 8 plus and i managed to get a few along with the X but now i have got the XS max and can not find any cute ones! Only one type of case which is so bland, the mostly have 6-8 cases, typo pls fix this issue

Gum ball machine

I purchased 2 gum ball machines for Christmas for my children. I decided to fill them with skittles and in placing them into the glass bubble it broke. Staff replaced the item only for the same thing to happen another 2 times. 3 of the gum ball machines all did the same thing. The glass is to thin to hold even a light weight lolly let alone a gum ball.
DANGEROUS for kids please don’t purchase it as I suggested they’ve taken off the shelf.
The manager was going to let her manager know and took a photo

Typo Canberra outlet

Today at around 2pm I went into the Canberra outlet Typo and purchased items, the girl serving me seem to be in a bad mood and greeted me rudely, when I asked about the kraft wrapping paper roll behind the counter she rudely told me I can go and buy a roll myself, it was a general question regarding whether Typo wraps presents, she seemed to not want to be there and had VERY poor customer service. Generally I would linger and buy more in store after having purchased but her mood completely turned me off.

lost licence

l have to thank someone from typo at Chirnside park for dropping my licence to me at my house.
Wonderful service and l wondered where l had lost it.
thx again.
and l have had such good shopping experience at typo so far.always helpful and friendly.

ignored

i went into Typo at Eastgardens’s sydney, at about 4pm on thursday 20/10/18 , I was looking for something i saw on the website but the two staff members were so busy DANCING and laughing i was completely ignored , i walked out and purchased elsewhere

HATE TYPO

I bought a bag from Typo just 3 weeks ago and the bag straps are ripping ALREADY. My sister also bought a bag there but she couldn't use it anymore because the strap already is halfway through completely breaking off. The bags are expensive but it is only usable for a month MAXIMUM. thanks a lot typo for ripping us off. They should have at least manufactured this better.

Online Order

I love Typo and all they're products but I have moved towns and where I am there are no Typo stores for 3hrs and I needed to purchase a blank journal. I looked in every store where I am and they only had lined journals so I thought why no trust ordering online because Typo is amazing. I got my journal today and I will not be ordering online again. There are scratch marks on the cover and dirty finger prints. I am not happy with my experience and will not be experiencing it again.

Terrible rip-off

My daughter went to this shop and saw a bag that she liked in the 50% off section and was told it was not 50% off even though it was clearly placed in that section with others of its kind. She purchased a laptop case which she took care of but only lasted a few months and was expensive. the zipper stopped working rendering it useless. She also bought a pen that did not work at all and was charged $10 for it. This shop is horrendous.

No1 for Service.

How can I do justice by writing an Unbisaed Review on this Company Retail Outlet. Fri the 11th May I was with my daughter in this Store asking a question about "Gift Cards" and the fact you cannot use them on Line. Personal Plastic Gift Cards are for Store use only and "E-Gift Cards" can be used in Store or On-Line. The assistant A----a was so helpful and provided the correct explanation and offered the Company Head Office Business Card for us to call and ask if any other ways could be provided to use the Gift Cards as it was hard to always make in into the store for personal shopping. Assistant A----a was so helpful and in the end we "Cash" purchased quiet a few items in store and could not speak highly of the Assistant and her Sales and Product knowledge. This Assistant was young and dressed so "Typo Store" by matching all ths colours of the Store Products and Items on display. A big 100% for Excellence, service and friendliness at all times we were in store. Typo Head Office Congratulations on having this Employee in your Service.

Don't buy gift cards from them.

My daughter had 2 gift cards for typo but because you have to email them the card numbers if you want to know your balance, there is a good chance what happened to us may happen to you. I emailed Typo over a month before the cards were due to expire and asked for the balances. I was emailing them every 2nd day the closer it got to the expiry and getting really frustrated. 2 weeks after the expiry that they finally got back to me and stuffed up the balances saying they both had the same amount and sorry it took so long. I contacted them again saying could they please honor them due to their stuff up but was told NO and basically tough luck. We were unable to physically get to a store at that time but my daughter was planning on using them online. My daughter use to love that store and Cotton on but after so many bad reviews on bad customer service, we will never step foot in any store Cotton on own. Over $100 gone because of their lack of customer service, not having just a number to call or website you can check your balance and this is not the 1st time they have done this, I have been told, heard and read many ex-customers who have been treated like crap by this company.
I feel bad for some workers who are lovely but have to tell customers the horrible policies this company has cause they are the ones coping the frustration of the customers. Pull your act together Typo, Cotton on and all the other stores you own because your whole entire business relys on us consumers.

Do not buy headphones there

I purchased the Signal Headphones., I bought them because it said they were wireless / bluetooth. But, it won't connect! A total waste of $70. The headphone cord is also very short, and the headphones hurt your ears and head because it is too tight. I recommend spending those 70 bucks for proper headphones that aren't 'cute' and 'pretty'.

ruined my computer

i purchased the buffalo case for my macbook, it fit snug and couldnt move around. However it must have been rubbing against my computer as there is are significant dents all around my computer. I am disappointed, a $40 item doing damage to my $3000 macbook. DO NOT buy cases from Typo, ever. I even got a hard plastic shell for my macbook AND IT DENTED THAT.

Great variety of products

Lovely products and you can always find the quirkiest items there. Also have nice deals if you buy more than 1 of the same item
Prices are slightly overpriced but can sign up and receive 20% coupons.

GET MORE STUFF!!!! (please)

I like this shop but i wish they had more syock theg run out quite a bit so make sure you don't go too late. Alao they need to get more stufc in store theres not much to choose from.
I HATE how they have iteams that don't have swearing on thwm.☺PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!☺