Uniden BW 3451R

• Audio Quality
  • Video Quality
Lauren P.

Lauren P.North Western Region, NSW

Good picture but that’s where it stops

The picture quality is good but that where is stops. This baby monitor is not even worth 1 star. Not happy with this product or the Uniden Customer Service at all. Battery life has been terrible as is the signal and the sound now no longer works. Would not recommend to anyone and will not be purchasing any Uniden products in the future.

Anon

AnonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Recommend!

This is a great monitor! Great range and quality of image/ sound and great phone app that links. The only negative is battery. Don’t know why people are saying it’s bad

Purchased at Baby Bunting for $400.00.

Terrible! No signal unless in the same room!

Terrible baby monitor, we bought a few months ago whilst I was pregnant and have only just started using it now. It has no signal 2 bedrooms away. If I hold it up and move it around it will sometimes quickly get 1 bar of signal, or it will randomly just show a quick picture with no bars then cut out and it gets signal in the same room but other than that there is no signal and it is useless!
We are in a small 3 bedroom cottage with plasterboard walls, I would find it understandable if we were in a brick 2 storey or a very large home but we are not! How is this product even produced and sold? If I wanted to sit in the room with the baby monitor, I wouldn’t exactly need to spend the money on a monitor now would I?

Find out how Uniden BW 3451R compares to other Baby Monitors

Definitely not worth the money

Purchased two years ago and have had a very disappointing experience. The app has never worked, the monitor has switched on and off, the battery life is down to 30seconds. For a unit that costs around 300 it is terrible. I contacted uniden in regards to the battery and they were no help at all. Would not recommend at all and will be avoiding uniden anything in the future.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $309.00.

cat2devnull

cat2devnullCanberra 2600, ACT

Not as bad as everyone says but there are better options for the money.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for $289.00.

Jason

JasonCaroline Springs

Worst monitor on the market!!

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $349.00.

Matty king

Matty kingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid like the plague

Faulty within 12 months
Charger broke
Antenna broke
Turns on and off
Cannot even get signal in next room

Contacted customer service told they won’t warrant item
As it was 3 days past 12 months when we contacted them.
Would buy any other brand before uniden.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting for $319.00.

MeganB

MeganBRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Terrible

I would give ZERO stars if I could!
We have just installed unit and when trying it out as soon as I leave baby's room it drops out (out of range) the walls aren't brick nor concrete. So I can not understand why it would drop out. Our bedroom is only 6 metres (if that) away from the camera)
SO unreliable as I can't even have the parent unit in my bedroom as it won't work.
Can't believe I wasted so much money on this crap piece of technology.
Please, if you're thinking of purchasing this product DON'T DO IT!

Purchased at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Looking for perfection

Looking for perfectionSydney, NSW

Great picture quality. Sound is pathetic

Great picture quality but the sound is pathetic. I can hear my son breathing but can not hear him calling. I can't understand the technology. Is the monitor in sleep mode and wakes from a sudden sound but we have missed the initial call. Will the sound only work for a continual cry? Sound is at maximum for camera and monitor.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $289.00.

elle99

elle99Darwin, NT

Do not buy!

I thought this was a good monitor but within 12 months of owning it the monitor stopped working. Customer support were good, I sent it back to them and they sent me brand new replacement monitor. However, the replacement monitor has now stopped working also. My child is only 20 months so I've had two monitors just completely stop working in less than 2 years.

Tamara

TamaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great baby monitor

Purchased in May 2019.

Mrs penny

Mrs pennyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was going great but 8 months in and issues have arrived

Monitor was working well until 8 month mark. Now is not sensing baby crying at night and lighting up like it previously had. Am now relying on my own hearing to wake up to baby. Have noticed a lot of other reviewers have had the same issue.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Functionality
Battery Life
Connectivity / Reliability
Audio Quality
Video Quality

E R.

E R.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Old technology features that shouldn't still be sold.

Terrible battery life, terrible functions and stupid features. Don't waste your money on this ancient piece of crap. One camera has already broken with no vision. The battery last not even 4hours so its pointless and the quality and features of this product would have been acceptable around 10-15 years ago.

Purchased in January 2019 for $350.00.

Sophadoph

SophadophDarwin, NT

Needing repair after 18 months

This monitor has excellent audio and visual display. Unfortunately the battery stopped working after 18 months (warranty is 12 months). I contacted Uniden who said they would wave the $55 repair fee for out of warranty (eye roll) but that it would take up to 10 working days to repair. Not sure how I am supposed to monitor my baby in that time. So now it must be plugged in at all times which is inconvenient. Not happy for the price I paid for this monitor.

Purchased in February 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $250.00.

WORST product

Maddie

MaddieMurray Mallee, SA

Do not buy

Honestly the worst product I’ve ever spent money on.
So unreliable. Despite being on charge all the time the monitor fails to turn on when our baby cries. On more than one occasion I’ve woken to hearing my baby crying from the hallway and the monitor hasn’t even turned on even though it had turned on earlier in the evening.
No matter what button I press the monitor won’t turn on. Can’t even re-set it.
Do not recommend.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting.

BelindaBrennan

BelindaBrennanSydney, NSW

Works ok but could be better

Purchased in January 2017 at Gadget City Online store.

Ann Z

Ann Z

Good BUT battery life...

Purchased in January 2019.

Hi Ann,

Thank you for the message and review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback which will definitely be cascaded to our Product Development team to look into improving our products further.

Shontell

ShontellPerth, WA

OUT OF RANGE!

Purchased in Jan 2019, worked fine for the first month however the camera now randomly drops in and out and displays "OUT OF RANGE". Have tried pairing the devices again but only temporarily solves the issue. The camera has days where it will work fine with no issues and days where it will read out of range without even moving the dock or the camera (they have been set in the same place since the beginning where we had no issues). Seems to be a common occurrence with this model. I have contacted Uniden and will be sending it for a "repair". Has anyone received a "repaired device" or new device with a solved outcome? Thanks!

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Buntings.

Uniden A.Uniden

Amazing but with some flaws