Uniden DECT 1735 Range

1735, 1735 + 3, 1735 + 2, 1735 + 1

3.0

Mandy

MandySydney, NSW

Not happy with this phone

I purchased this phone for my business and had trouble months after.
Phone sounds fuzzy when talking also can’t hear voice messages clearly.
Phone is getting worse, I’m now shopping for a new one.
Rang my phone company to check if it’s the reception or bad line but They said it’s not.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$130.00.

Percy B.

Percy B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent response to query

On advising the Uniden Customer Service team of my problem I received a detailed reply allowing me to ascertain that the actual problem was a flat NBN backup battery actuating a phone alarm. This allowed me to fix the problem and restored my faith in the Uniden system.

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys.

Kathy

KathyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Complicated

I cannot work out how to use this phone, it is the most complicated piece of equipment in the house. All I want to do is switch the answer phone on and off and pick up my calls, I want to throw it down the creek I am so frustrated with it.

Useless Phone

1735 cordless phone wont ring. Rang Uniden for help, no help was offered told to take it back the phone was faulty. The lady I spoke to was rude and talked over me all the time then hung up me. DO NOT BUY UNIDEN PRODUCTS

Purchased in July 2020 at BigW for A$99.00.

No thanks

Sid Milne

Sid Milne

2nd Faulty Phone.

Purchased a Uniden DECT 1735+3 14 months ago. No 2 Phone died. We decided to buy a new Uniden DECT 1735 +3 on 5th July 2020. I installed it and did a test. Everything worked as it should for about half an hour. I noticed a No 8 appear on the base Phone. When I tested the phone nothing worked. I Phoned the Good Guys and told them the problem and asked for assistance, thinking I have done something wrong. They just told me they did not make house calls and to return the phone. I am using my old phone at present until I can purchase one that works.I rely on our landline as we are elderly and do not have a mobile phone. This exercise caused me so much stress as I had just come out of Hospital with major Surgery. I am not impressed.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for A$79.00.

ddamo

ddamo

The handset won't charge.

When I first used the phone, it worked. Then I found it was completely flat. So I reseated it, and nothing. I removed the battery and put it back and it turned on. Put it in the cradle, and it started charging, or so I thought.. the charging light went off after 5 minutes and it would not charge again. Removed the battery, repeated the above, and it did the same thing.

Either a faulty battery or charger. Either way, from a uniden product, terrible.

Purchased in June 2020 at Officeworks.

Natalja

NataljaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dreadful. Two of four phones dead in five months.

Bought January 2020. Four phones. One dead in three months, the second dead June 2020. Have bought an 8355 and hope this is better. I will then return the 1735.

Purchased in January 2020 at Officeworks for A$119.00.

Andrew

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Had So Much Promise, But Fails To Deliver

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$85.00.

Daniel W.

Daniel W.Katherine, NT

terrible product

i rang my nbn provider and no faults have reset my uniden and after 5 minutes of having a conversation it cuts out and plays a recording of the conversation we already had DO NOT BUY this rubbbish product

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hifi Home.

E.SharmanMid North Coast, NSW

Phone died after 3-4 months both time

Good and reasonably priced phone except the power function died after 3 months, then the same thing happened with the replacement after 4 months. Cant be a coincidence but nobody else has complained of this happening.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$79.00.

Uniden A.Uniden

Thank you for your review.

Can you please provide some more details to our customer support team at custservice@uniden.com.au ?

E.Sharman

The store (the good guys) did not provide me with any info as to whether the issue was the power lead, the power lead to phone plug, or the power unit in the phone base.
They just returned them to you, so you should have that info yourself.

Hi E Sharman,

I will need The Good Guys reference number assigned to your unit to be able to provide an update in our system.

DenisHunter Region, NSW

Disappointed with phone

I have had no end of trouble getting the answering service to work even when the handset and base tell me the answering service is on followed the instructions in the booklet but no go what I need is a step by step instruction on how to set it up

Purchased in September 2019 for A$119.00.

Denis

I get the phone installed greeting the one with the womens voice I have put my own greeting in and played it back but when I let the phone ring out it goes to the womens greeting and when I push the button on the base it says no message received

Mellisa G

Mellisa GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great value phone

Purchased this phone a few months ago to replace my old phone. As I rarely use my house phone, I wanted one for the added security of knowing that I have a phone in case of emergency. The extra handset is handy as I can keep one next to the bed while the other is in the living room. It is wifi and nbn friendly, and doesn't crackle when the microwave is used. It has an advanced alpha display caller ID, 70 phonebook memories, an integrated digital answering machine and up to 10hrs talk time and 7 days standby, and can be either wall mounted or desk mounted for convenience.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$79.00.

GFLTF

GFLTFMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Seems to work fine. No Issues at all

Changed over to Uniden DECT phone yesterday after continuing problems I have experienced with Telstra approved hand set that I have had for 10 plus years.

Unit was was easy to set up and I had the phones working with my NBN in a matter of minutes. Batteries were included for both phones and were easy to clip in to slot in the handsets.

Now I am able to pick up calls at the press of a button and no longer experience dropouts or "screeching" hand sets when I attempt to receive a call.

The unit and handsets are neat, easy to use and appealing to look at. Very happy so far.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$50.00.

Uniden A.Uniden

Thank you for taking the time to provide the great feedback on your new cordless phone.

Gary SmithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

HOPELESS

Purchased a couple of weeks ago. Had problems since day one!
Firstly, Noise on the line when trying to make or receive a call. So loud making the phone unworkable. Having to revert to our mobile phones.
Second. Intermittent dialing tone. Sometimes you get it, sometimes nothing.
Have done all suggested checks but to no avail.
Perhaps we just got a 'bad' one but that is no help!
Unfortunately we disposed of the packaging and receipt otherwise it would have gone back to the shop.
Only solution is to bin it and purchase a new phone which will definitely NOT be a Uniden!

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$49.00.

Von

VonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to set up and NBN friendly

These phone system is easy to set up and connect to your modem for use through the NBN. The 3 handsets have there own charging stand, this is handy to have in different parts of the house. You will never be with out a phone that isn't charged.
I would recommend this phone to anyone wanting an easy to use phone.

Purchased in January 2019 at Ebay for A$73.45.

Seffy

SeffyMelbourne

Battery is not good

Just purchased this and while it looks great it’s battery is not good and mine heated up,the battery hook up to back of the phone clip
In the wires and it’s abit tricky so you can’t jusy buy normal battery’s if they play up, I left it on charger for 24 hours called someone spoke for 5 min battery went down to 1 bar,as I said this was newly purchased.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Barry

BarryAlexandra Hills

An ok phone for the money

Bought the phone for $44.95 from JB Hi Fi. Single handset and base as we don't need or use extra handsets. Phone rings loud and clear, however there is no way of turning up the volume during conversations which is only a problem for my husband. We use it on speaker phone if necessary. A bit slow and painful to input phone numbers into the phone book but that is only a minor irritation. Not really a bad phone at all for the price. No problems so far.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Marpa

MarpaSydney

Good value wireless landline phone.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Pommypeter

PommypeterHunter Region, NSW

Poor Quality

This phone is of poor quality. When you purchase with extra hand sets, if the base unit goes wrong the other units go wrong so you have to purchase the complete package again as the extra handsets are programmed to only work with the original base. Also no volume control so if anyone is hard of hearing you have to ask the other person to speak up. This phone is not cheap compared with other simular products.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Dazza

Dazza

Its a phone

DECT phone - nothing special . Its OK it has TERRIBLE input strategy for adding names and numbers to the Phone book . One character at a time what for the beep enter next character wait for the beep a 10 digit Mobile number takes AGES to input. But that's probably (at this stage) the only Negative .Like all new gadgets it is necessary to refer to the manual and that seems to cover the bases. The phone itself is OK but when connected to a mobile phone - the mobile seems like its in a tin or enclosed "echo" environment- not the best reception IMHO.
Across the board I think its a good product, is cost comparable and I would not discourage anyone form a purchase.

Date PurchasedApr 2018