Uniden iGO CAM 80

Listing monitored by Uniden

10 questions from our users

GKn
GKnasked

iGO CAM 85R, purchased from AutoBarn November 2020. Camera never turns off, even when ignition is off and car locked. I now have plenty of footage of inside my garage when car is parked. Help. Is this a wiring problem (installed by AutoBarn with installation costing $192).

Hi,

Please send through an email to our customer service team on custservice@uniden.com.au who will be able to assist you further.

Juli
Juli

This product is a waste of money even after getting support from uniden with my issues. The camera still continually says overspeed limit, etc. i have now bought blackvue product. And its brilliant.

Denise I.
Denise I.asked

I just bought my new Uniden iGo 80 and had Autobarn install professionally - hard wired with the add-on kit cost for that. From the get go, the cam stays on, screen lit AND recording files over & over - never stops, even when the engine is off - even records hours of my 'stationary' garage wall..... any ideas?

Peter T

Return it, mine never worked from the start and their "support" was basically useless.

Bryanasked

I’ve igo 80 and brought the reverse cam separately and had everything fitted by auto election. When powered on the rear camera is the four led lights come on.
And I do not get any footage from the rear camera.
Please help?
btshean@gmail.com

Peter T

Sorry can’t help, mine never worked so I returned it for a different brand.

Keithy

Does the owners manual have specific instructions on how to switch on the reverse camera?

Alternatively, you could take it back to the auto electrician and get them to sort it, given they did the installation.

PJ-Tassie
PJ-Tassieasked

Where do you get the reversing camera, as featured in the product manual. I note the retailer had told me it includes a reverse camera but it doesn’t; it only comes with the (2 channel input) facility for reversing camera input. Disappointing and misleading - though I believe some previous models may have included both forward & reverse cameras...

Peter T

Sorry no idea, I only bought the forward facing one and returned it as it never worked from the start.

Bryan

For it to have reversing camera an R has to be on the box

Fred
Fredasked

Is there a universal suction cup mount on the market that suits the Uniden IGO CAM 80?

Keithy

There may be, I’m unaware of any at the moment.

I have an adjustable phone cradle with suction cup that might be just the right size in my 4wd. It was purchased off eBay for $12.

Are you experiencing issues with the mount that came with your iGo?

Cheers

Tenlyasked

I have problem with my iGO 80, I set the motion detection on and park mode on, I also set it to 4K resolution and it stops recording after 24s and it has a big gap at least 30s and starts to record again for only 20s, I set the loop record as 10mins, I don’t know what to do, it is so frustrated

Tenly

I got it refunded the next day, thanks

Nevasked

Hi,
Why does the iGo Cam 80 GPS not work at all?
Can not get Speed or GPS location

Keithy

Ive found mine sometimes takes a while to pick up the satellites. Not the fastest unit around to pick them up, and its disappointing.

Hi Keithy,
Thank you for the reply.
Mine is not picking up at all. No speed or GPS, even after running around for over 1 hour or so.
Worst Dash Cam I have ever owned, and will never recommend Uniden to anyone.
What is even worst, downloaded the Dash Cam viewer from Uniden own site, and the program has virus in it.
Really have to wonder about the over priced piece of crap they are selling and lack of support they offer.

Mike B

Hi Nev, as far as I can see, there is no way of turning off GPS in the settings, so I am assuming that you have a faulty camera. I have two of them and have found them to be very reliable. Try swapping it at your place of purchase. As far as quality veiwers go I use VLC and find it very good. It is also free. Sorry to hear that you have had issues, I have had serveral different brands of dashcams and have found this the best value for money.

AnnetteD
AnnetteDasked

Just bought the iGO cam 80 at the weekend and although I have the looping set to 10 minutes, the majority of the time it’s looping every 30 secs to 1 minute. Very inconsistent. Any ideas?

Hi Annete,

Please make sure the motion detection feature is turned off.

This may be the reason the unit is recording in 30 seconds to 1 minute files.

Should you have any further issues please email custservice@uniden.com.au

Brian
Brianasked

Mine keeps switching off every 30 seconds. I can’t find the setting for the LCD screen to see if it’s set correctly.
Help please.

Hi Brian,

Can you please confirm if you have charged the unit up initially?

(Unit needs to be switched off whilst charging for the dash cam to retain the full charge).

Also, can you check if you have the Car Park Mode switched on?

If it is, you can switch this off and test the unit again.

G’day mate,

I also noticed with mine that it needs a good connection to the ciggy socket. If I hit a bump hard enough mine will occasionally turn off due to the movement of the plug.

Cheers

Cheray
Cherayasked

when the dash cam says "card full" how do you start recording again.

Mike B

You can either format the card or you can set it to loop and over wright older files. These are found in the settings menu

Keithy

As Dooli says, you can set it to loop record which will overwrite record from the beginning of the card again.

zeranders
zeranders

Be good if there was something in manual telling what all symbols represent. Can assume what some are, though prefer to know for sure. Anyone got any ideas please?

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives

Other Dash Cams