Uniden XDECT 81xx Series

8155 + 2, 8115 + 1, 8155 + 1, etc...

pbellPerth, WA

It is a good phone

Purchased in June 2012 at Harvey Norman.

Pamela
PamelaAtherton nth Qld.

Pairing mobiles.

Can I receive landline calls on my mobile phone which is paired to the base? Would we be able to have the same incoming ring go through to the mobile? Would it have to be set for a period of time, or would it work permanently? If possible how would this be done? As the mobile is paired to the base we can receive mobile calls on the landline phones. Also why can we not get anything sent to the Answering machine? What is voice mail and is that blocking messages from being left.? Do the number of rings make a difference as we have maximum rings set to not miss calls because we never have a message left.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Yakman
YakmanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Average

Call clarity was average and varied among handsets I had 3 with mine 2 were ok 1 not so.
The menu's as written by another DySfuNCtiOnAL NOT intuitive at all. And to do anything required the manual and then having to translate into something that sence any of made. (If you get the picture) I persevered for just under a year.
I am now using & recommend Panasonic KX-TG7892 Good Clarity & its intuitive to use. the manual is still a Chinese conversion but dont really need it after set up.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

kymbo
kymboSouth East Queensland, QLD

Menu System is dYsFunCtiONaL

Haven't had any problem with base station or handset (family uses mobile phones most of time). Apart from taking and making calls I don't use any other features. Why ? Because the menu system, the buttons on the base station and the manual that tries to explain it all are simply dYsFunCtiONaL. What sane person would come up with this menu interface let alone pass it as acceptable for release to market .. far out.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

LOTS OF BACKGROUND NOISE

got this phone 6 months ago lots of white noise interference, which don,t get on other cordless phones, thought it would be better with VOIP, noise reduced, but still bad. Would not recommend, My other old uniden ss e25 Had lots of noise with on the old ADSL, now have NBN with phone on VOIP this has improved immensely

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Terri
TerriToowong

Great phone

I use this phone at my office and it is great. Clear quality, never had a problem. I don't use the bluetooth option on it for mobile phones and wonder how well that would work, but the quality is totally clear, the phone is very dependable and I've never had a problem with the battery.

Another disappointing digital device

I am so disappointed with this phone. I have read many of the blogs here and agree 100 percent with those that are unhappy with it. We are in our 50's and not yet deaf but acknowledge that our hearing isn't perfect and I have tried everything to maximise the speaker volume and it is still lousy. Callers also comment how terrible the sound is and yes, they sometimes can't get thru and get some stupid music instead. Worst purchase ever.

Uniden has done it again. One of the best I have bought.

hokiangaGippsland, VIC

Great range within our caravan park.

Bought the 3 handset option set, achieves great range around our caravan park, but two of the handsets just stopped working, they were not dropped or abused in any way. The third one well I have to confess I dropped it down a toilet I was cleaning & that was the end of our three handsets! have had to go back to an older Uniden that was here at the park, but will give the 8155 model another try.

hokianga

Quite a few months down the track, we have discovered the handsets had stopped working because the battery connection within the handset had become loose, all handsets now working.

Camellia
CamelliaSydney, NSW

Worst Phone Ever!

Bought this 8155 to replace and upgrade a previous Uniden that I had for years. One of my worst decisions.

I've only had it a few months and one of the handsets has stopped working.

And the sound OMG. Can't understand a word anyone is saying to me and the recorded messages are impossible to understand so I have stopped using the phone altogether and now only use my mobile.

This phone is absolute rubbish!

Have to be the worst cordless I've ever bought

Volume goes down by itself all the time, whenever we answer calls you either get nothing or the caller goes on hold and the get some ridiculous little jingle.
Caller ids are incorrect.
As far as the menu goes on the phone it is so far from user friendly so complicated.
I would throw them in the bin if I could.
Product doesn't even deserve 1 star.

golfer
golferSydney, NSW

great phone

I looked at this site and saw all of the negative reviews and got a little worried after I bought it.
The phone works perfectly and I have asked people that I have called and they have said that it is loud and clear.
The only compliant that I would have is that I like to the time on display in a large size and to be on at all times. It isn't.
If it lasts and performs as well as my last Uniden (10yrs) I will be very happy

Patsy
PatsyMareeba

Disappointing

The sound is definitely tinny and the caller sounds like they are in a hollow cave. Definitely inferior sound to previous Uniden. Also this phone does not enable adjustment of the ring time from about 20 seconds; no mentiom of this in the manual or online.Would not recommend this model. Won't buy Uniden again.

phone home
phone homeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not at all impressed

trompfy
trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great little cordless smart phone

I bought this so I can link it to my iPhone via bluetooth and charge my iPhone, my iPad and my Apple Watch via the USB Charging Port so I don't need any wall chargers also I can import my Phonebook from my iPhone as well so I am very happy with it.

Purchased in January 2016 at Harvey Norman for $70.00.