Uniden XDECT 81xx Series

Uniden XDECT 81xx Series

8155 + 2, 8115 + 1, 8155 + 1, etc...

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pamela

PamelaAtherton nth Qld.

Pairing mobiles.

Can I receive landline calls on my mobile phone which is paired to the base? Would we be able to have the same incoming ring go through to the mobile? Would it have to be set for a period of time, or would it work permanently? If possible how would this be done? As the mobile is paired to the base we can receive mobile calls on the landline phones. Also why can we not get anything sent to the Answering machine? What is voice mail and is that blocking messages from being left.? Do the number of rings make a difference as we have maximum rings set to not miss calls because we never have a message left.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Yakman

YakmanAdelaide

Average

Call clarity was average and varied among handsets I had 3 with mine 2 were ok 1 not so.
The menu's as written by another DySfuNCtiOnAL NOT intuitive at all. And to do anything required the manual and then having to translate into something that sence any of made. (If you get the picture) I persevered for just under a year.
I am now using & recommend Panasonic KX-TG7892 Good Clarity & its intuitive to use. the manual is still a Chinese conversion but dont really need it after set up.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Menu System is dYsFunCtiONaL

Haven't had any problem with base station or handset (family uses mobile phones most of time). Apart from taking and making calls I don't use any other features. Why ? Because the menu system, the buttons on the base station and the manual that tries to explain it all are simply dYsFunCtiONaL. What sane person would come up with this menu interface let alone pass it as acceptable for release to market .. far out.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

LOTS OF BACKGROUND NOISE

got this phone 6 months ago lots of white noise interference, which don,t get on other cordless phones, thought it would be better with VOIP, noise reduced, but still bad. Would not recommend, My other old uniden ss e25 Had lots of noise with on the old ADSL, now have NBN with phone on VOIP this has improved immensely

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Terri

TerriToowong

Great phone

I use this phone at my office and it is great. Clear quality, never had a problem. I don't use the bluetooth option on it for mobile phones and wonder how well that would work, but the quality is totally clear, the phone is very dependable and I've never had a problem with the battery.

Another disappointing digital device

I am so disappointed with this phone. I have read many of the blogs here and agree 100 percent with those that are unhappy with it. We are in our 50's and not yet deaf but acknowledge that our hearing isn't perfect and I have tried everything to maximise the speaker volume and it is still lousy. Callers also comment how terrible the sound is and yes, they sometimes can't get thru and get some stupid music instead. Worst purchase ever.

Uniden has done it again. One of the best I have bought.

hokiangaGippsland, VIC

Great range within our caravan park.

Bought the 3 handset option set, achieves great range around our caravan park, but two of the handsets just stopped working, they were not dropped or abused in any way. The third one well I have to confess I dropped it down a toilet I was cleaning & that was the end of our three handsets! have had to go back to an older Uniden that was here at the park, but will give the 8155 model another try.

hokianga

Quite a few months down the track, we have discovered the handsets had stopped working because the battery connection within the handset had become loose, all handsets now working.

Camellia

CamelliaSydney, NSW

Worst Phone Ever!

Bought this 8155 to replace and upgrade a previous Uniden that I had for years. One of my worst decisions.

I've only had it a few months and one of the handsets has stopped working.

And the sound OMG. Can't understand a word anyone is saying to me and the recorded messages are impossible to understand so I have stopped using the phone altogether and now only use my mobile.

This phone is absolute rubbish!

Have to be the worst cordless I've ever bought

Volume goes down by itself all the time, whenever we answer calls you either get nothing or the caller goes on hold and the get some ridiculous little jingle.
Caller ids are incorrect.
As far as the menu goes on the phone it is so far from user friendly so complicated.
I would throw them in the bin if I could.
Product doesn't even deserve 1 star.

golfer

golferSydney, NSW

great phone

I looked at this site and saw all of the negative reviews and got a little worried after I bought it.
The phone works perfectly and I have asked people that I have called and they have said that it is loud and clear.
The only compliant that I would have is that I like to the time on display in a large size and to be on at all times. It isn't.
If it lasts and performs as well as my last Uniden (10yrs) I will be very happy

Patsy

PatsyMareeba

Disappointing

The sound is definitely tinny and the caller sounds like they are in a hollow cave. Definitely inferior sound to previous Uniden. Also this phone does not enable adjustment of the ring time from about 20 seconds; no mentiom of this in the manual or online.Would not recommend this model. Won't buy Uniden again.

phone home

phone homeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not at all impressed

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great little cordless smart phone

I bought this so I can link it to my iPhone via bluetooth and charge my iPhone, my iPad and my Apple Watch Sports via the USB Charging Port so I don't need any wall chargers also I can import my Phonebook from my iPhone as well so I am very happy with it.

soozie

soozieSydney, NSW

Don't Buy

Uniden do not respond to emails in regards to poor quality phone, 1 week old and cannot get service.

I have moved the extender, I have removed the 2nd phone and disabled it, we cannot hear the other side of the conversation even though they can hear us, I also disabled the Wifi.

Caller ID does not work.

Bought from Dick Smith and because I was happy with previous Uniden phones, I just put it together and threw the box. My bad and my loss but beware of this particular phone for $130 it is a waste of money when it cannot be returned.

bilbo

bilboAU

Icon and ring length issues

The message icon will not display in spite of following all of the instructions of the voice mail provider. I also cannot extend the length of time the phone rings and rarely get to answer it. Uniden has been unsupportive and insists there is no fault with my unit. A shame because I am happy with everything else about the phone.

Leon

LeonNorth Western Region, NSW

Top cordless phones

So pleased with this phone that I'm puzzled by the adverse criticism of other users. The phone is so superior to my latest disaster, ( purchased the top of the range Motorola from Telstra that proved absolutely worthless ) that I'm overjoyed with our 8155. This model covers the entire 1/2 acre block with the range extender and does everything we've asked of it so far. Only had it for about 3 weeks but feel that it's adequately engineered for longevity. Volume is adequate for our old 83 year old ears. Just wish it would recognise and connect to my bluetooth hearing device in the same manner as it does to my mobile phone.

Lyn

LynLake Macquarie

Love my old Uniden but not this one

Just bought this one from Harvey Norman and thought I couldn't go wrong after my old Uniden Wdect 3355 + 2 had been a great cordless phone for years with great sound and range, however this one I have at full volume and it still sounds like the caller is a million miles away and as others have said it's an extremely tinny sound coming through
Am going to return it to Harvey Norman and see what I can do
Sadly the cordless that got the highest ranking that I found after research ( Panasonic KX-TGE274S) isn't available in Australia or I probably would have gone with it

Me.

Me.Sydney

Disappointing

The biggest failing of this phone is the earpiece audio quality. It is very tinny. Perhaps it's an age thing - might be better suited to people much younger than me. I know Uniden can make a decent phone - I had a bottom of the line Uniden cordless (freebie from Optus), and its earpiece audio was much better than the 81xx. Not sure what Uniden have done here.

Otherwise the phone is fine. Range is good (haven't had to use the extender yet). Has all the features I need.

GMTOZ

GMTOZSYDNEY

Faulty product, awful service

Initially I liked this unit - unlike others I found sound to be ok, range excellent (to point of not needing extender), and features/ accessories good. However it doesn't always reconnect on Bluetooth and recently unit started to lock up after some days so nothing would work and I would miss incoming calls. I sent it to Uniden and they took a cursory look at it and sent back as no fault found. The product wasn't fixed. They only tested for 1 hour despite being aware the lock up would only occur after some time and made no effort to contact me to clarify fault (despite being told I had video of the failure). Now I still have a faulty product and will seek a refund and get a quality brand (maybe Panasonic)

Trish

Trishasked

How do i bivertvthe calls to my mobile

Uniden A.Uniden

The feature you are inquiring about is provided by your service provider.
If your service provider is Telstra please refer to the following link;

If your service provider is Optus please refer to the following link;

For other service providers, you can contact them directly on how to activate/deactivate and use this feature.

Graemeasked

When I recieve an incoming call the phone does not ring but immediately goes into answer machine mode. How do I turn the answer machine off? Graeme

Hi Graeme,

With our phone range, in regards to Answering machine options, there are 2 classified categories;Models with an integrated answering machine where we provide answering service options. These will have a Play button on the base to play messages. (example - XDECT8355https://uniden.com.au/product/xdect-8355-1/ )
Models that don't come with an integrated answering machine. (example - XDECT8315https://uniden.com.au/product/xdect-8315/ )Your model fits into category 2.

Even though we don't provide any answering service options for your unit, you can, however, still have an active voicemail service with your service provider. (telstra, Optus, etc)

You will need to contact them to turn this off on the line for you.

Graeme

My model is XDECT81552 and does have a play button, a round button near the top ofthe unit with an arow on it. My problem is that with an incoming call the phone ddoesn't ring but goes straigt to answer machine. I want to turn the answer machine of completely anyway, becasue I prefer to use the voicemail service of my phone provider.

Can you tell me how to turn the answer machine off? I have already tried to do so on the unit, as well as extending the number of rings to 12 in order to allow my phone provider's voicemail service to cut in first.

Hi Graeme,

Apologies, as you had posted your query under an XDECT8115 model so I assumed that was the model you have.

For the XDECT8155 model, the only way you can turn the answering machine off is by pressing the ON/OFF button on the main base.

Can you please confirm the setup of the phone?
Is it connected to a standard line connection in the wall or to a modem like NBN?

Rickasked

Can you pair this with a Uniden xdect 8355 base?

Hi Rick,

Unfortunately, both models are not compatible and won't be able to link together to work.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives

Download manual