8355 +2, 8355 +1, 8355 +3

Marg
Marg

Constant phone problems even with new handset

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

robin_hobart
robin_hobartHobart, TAS

Love the phonebook download function

Being able to download the contact numbers from our mobiles was the key feature in deciding to buy this phone. Plus our ancient old Uniden was getting crackly with age and unreliable.
The manager and I are very happy with the 8355 thus far. We don't need the mobile interconnectability (seems complicated to me) so I disconnected the Bluetooth pairing once we had the phonebooks downloaded. The phone seems very clear and easy to use.
My main complaint (hence 4 stars) is the very limited and polyphonic ringtones. Even our now retired model offered Beethoven's Ninth (which we assigned to family members). With all this in-built tech, how hard would it be to offer more selections?

Purchased in November 2020 at Hardly Normal for $189.00.

Lizziejane
LizziejaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's a dud

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi.

Winky
WinkyHunter Region, NSW

Every Caller is Unknown and Hangs up

New unit bought due to extra handsets. Set up to Telstra NBN modem, all incoming
calls receive the Voice Alert Unknown Caller and hangs up.
Thought this unit would be good for my aging father due to ability to have a 12 ring pickup
and Message Recording but is currently Useless. Uniden Service 1300 number may have been useful
on Weekends but alas no one home

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman for $181.00.

bartie
bartieSydney, NSW

Flashing charge LED

Bought 8355+1 yesterday. It works well but charge LED flashes. Tried unplugging which works but comes back straight away. Just got NBN . I think that has caused it. Didn't flash before NBN

Purchased in June 2020 at Office works for $179.00.

bill
billCentral Queensland, QLD

Useless

Our old Uniden DSS2475 must have lasted well over ten years until I dropped a handset one too many times. It provided all the facilities we required, including a working handset in our shed which is about 40m from the base station. Replacing it with the XDECT 8335 gave satisfactory results until we had a spot of rain. The shed handset dropped out and, crucially, did not reconnect to the base station when the weather cleared. I had to remove and replace the battery to force it to reconnect and have had to do so many times since. The system has lots of bells and whistles which we don't need but fails to perform its core function as an "extended long range" phone system.

Purchased in November 2019 at Gadget City for $177.00.

trompfy
trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great little spare handset

I am extremely happy with this because I received this as an extra with the Uniden XDECT 8355+1 so I'll be very happy using it in my lounge room when I move into my unit in June 2020.

Purchased in April 2020.

trompfy
trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great little cordless smart phone

I am extremely happy with this because I can link it to my iPhone via bluetooth and charge my iPhone and my iPad via the USB Charging Port so I don't need any wall chargers also I can import my Phonebook from my iPhone as well so I'll be very happy using it when I move into my unit in June 2020.

Thrumby Cousin
Thrumby CousinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bluetooth Connection Useless

I have paired my mobile... connection fails.. I continually repeat the pairing... shortly pairing fails Uniden phone cannot find mobile... Mobile phone has Uniden listed in Bluetooth connected devices. Sometimes disconnecting Uniden power for a few minutes corrects problem... this Bluetooth connection in a real failure...

Purchased in February 2019 at Officeworks for $212.00.

Kaza
KazaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cannot get message service & extended ring time to work

I am a Telstra NBN customer with a home phone/internet. I bought this phone for it's message bank & ability to extend ring time. Despite 3 calls to Uniden & 3 calls to Telstra I can't get it to work properly. Uniden kept saying I have to cancel Telstra message services which I have tried to do ny phone ing and on line. After researching Telstra site it says "message bank on nbn cannot be cancelled". So I will never be able to get the message bank on Uniden to work. I am returning fro a full refund.

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hifi Home for $180.00.

Grace
GraceWollongong

Unreliable - Would not buy again nor recommend

Purchased in September 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $220.00.

Jeff5353
Jeff5353Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Call Block Pro is not what you'd hope.

We bought this phone for the Call Block PRO. But the scammers programatically change the number they call from as fast as you block the last one. It seems there is no way to 100% prevent these calls. The Uniden Call Block PRO might temporarily slow nuisance calls down but it won't stop them.

Purchased in September 2019 at Betta Home Living for $199.00.

RobCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

CID time changes for the Caller ID time.

How does the phone identify the correct time of an incoming call. When I ring the phone it gives a random time, not the actual time of the CID. Is there a setting that needs to change?

Call ID Setting
Caller ID send Delay Time:
(range 500~1500ms)
Caller ID Message Type: FSK_MDMF
FSK modulation Mode: Bellcore GEN

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hifi Home.

Rob

Sorry.. Apparently it is a NetComm NF18ACV modem issue, as I spoke to my ISP. Does weird things to the actual CID call time. I did do what you suggested above, but no change. Thank you for your fast response. Regards

Dee
DeeHobart, TAS

great phone

we recently purchased this phone because it had the call blocking feature which has proved to be brilliant. Our old Telstra phone wasn't able to block calls and we were being inundated with nuisance calls and we had to resort to not answering the phone which was a pain. But since purchasing this Uniden 8355 + 3 and being able to block calls our lives have gone back to being peaceful. I did have to call Uniden technical assistance to explain a small feature and they were extremely helpful and sorted out the problem straight away.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $250.00.

Brian Selby
Brian SelbySydney, NSW

Great phones ready for NBN

We are about to change over to the NBN and I found that my old Telstra phones won't be any good with VOIP. We purchased these phones in advance and I have them working on the old system until we change. So many great features, Mobile, Bluetooth, USB charging port, amazing product.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $189.00.