Uniden XDECT 8355

Uniden XDECT 8355

8355 +2, 8355 +1, 8355 +3

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jeff5353

Jeff5353Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Call Block Pro is not what you'd hope.

We bought this phone for the Call Block PRO. But the scammers programatically change the number they call from as fast as you block the last one. It seems there is no way to 100% prevent these calls. The Uniden Call Block PRO might temporarily slow nuisance calls down but it won't stop them.

Purchased in September 2019 at Betta Home Living for $199.00.

RobCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

CID time changes for the Caller ID time.

How does the phone identify the correct time of an incoming call. When I ring the phone it gives a random time, not the actual time of the CID. Is there a setting that needs to change?

Call ID Setting
Caller ID send Delay Time:
(range 500~1500ms)
Caller ID Message Type: FSK_MDMF
FSK modulation Mode: Bellcore GEN

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hifi Home.

Rob

Sorry.. Apparently it is a NetComm NF18ACV modem issue, as I spoke to my ISP. Does weird things to the actual CID call time. I did do what you suggested above, but no change. Thank you for your fast response. Regards

Dee

DeeHobart, TAS

great phone

we recently purchased this phone because it had the call blocking feature which has proved to be brilliant. Our old Telstra phone wasn't able to block calls and we were being inundated with nuisance calls and we had to resort to not answering the phone which was a pain. But since purchasing this Uniden 8355 + 3 and being able to block calls our lives have gone back to being peaceful. I did have to call Uniden technical assistance to explain a small feature and they were extremely helpful and sorted out the problem straight away.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $250.00.

Brian Selby

Brian SelbySydney, NSW

Great phones ready for NBN

We are about to change over to the NBN and I found that my old Telstra phones won't be any good with VOIP. We purchased these phones in advance and I have them working on the old system until we change. So many great features, Mobile, Bluetooth, USB charging port, amazing product.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $189.00.

WHATCANISAY

WHATCANISAYPerth, WA

PHONES THAT HAVE OUT OF THIS WORLD RANGE AND RELIABILITY

I have had Uniden phones for many years and had to buy a new set when my house got hit by lightning last year and replaced them with a 4 handset Uniden that had a Water Proof handset included. They work almost 500 m up the road from my house and as I have acreage this is really useful and I don't have to worry if it gets wet from the rain. they charge really quickly and have great reception. The answering machine is reliable and I love all the features (haven't worked out all of them yet). Great phones was worth paying $200 for them.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman for $200.00.

jojo

jojoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Answer to problems

Purchased in December 2018.

Worked for 1 week now no power. Useless

Bought it. Set it up. Worked well for a week. Unit now has no power no matter where I plug it in. Doesn’t work at all now Don’t know why.

Purchased in May 2019 for $208.00.

Poor old Freddie
Poor old Freddie

Hi awilton16@gmail.com

Heather

HeatherSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fabulous phone

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $239.00.

Kerry Amor

Kerry AmorCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

lacks basic function but has bells and whistles!

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $144.00.

Always Optimistic

Always OptimisticCanberra

Far From Easy to Use

Purchased in January 2018.

Colin W

Colin W

Out performs expectations

Quality is A1 (typical of Uniden). Bluetooth function is fantastic. Easy to set up & understand functions. Read the manual a couple of times though. Sound quality is very good and display screens are easy to read..

Purchased in February 2019 for $155.00.

janeCentral West, NSW

so far so good but a bit complicated

Did the set up following manual and went surprizingly well, even set up an extra (additional; to the +3 handset )with no problems. However I'm not sure we will be able to use the more advanced features its not intuitive(for 60+ tech dinosaurs. did connect mobile and download phonebook from it suprised myself. Have to follow manual closely to do anything. Just went to google to find instructions to turn off annoying announcer of calls voice (TTS or some such). other than that works well and am pleased with purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
jane

update one of the phones stopped working, number keypad wont work . Cant be looked at unless we return the whole system. Then what do we use for a phone??
Another product where after sales service is totally inadequate<

Happy days

Have only had it 2 weeks but very pleased with it. Still learning how Answering Machine functions when I also have Voicemail activated through ISP ie the interaction between them ie number of rings on Uniden and number of seconds on ISP to send copy to Voicemail.
My previous cordless and Answering machine was less sophisticated than this one. So I had much to learn!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Maggie3029

Maggie3029Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Far better than my previous Uniden answering system.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Old tech

Considering this is the 21st century the technology and ease of access to this phone is bewildering. Have you heard of touch screens and a settings icon......seriously this phone is crap. Sound is not clear and it continually tries to connect to my mobile even though my phone is already connected to a wireless headset. Get your outdated crap together Uniden or go die somewhere........

Rade K

Rade K

Disappointed

The telephone i purchased i am not happy with it. I was to believe that this particular phone would have a good range around my house. It does not work at all I'm not happy with this product at all for the price i paid it was not worth it!

TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRangerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not bad except ................

john wilson

john wilsonGold Coast

Best home phone system ever.

I purchased my phone set after much research and daughters advise! The functions this phone preforms are awesome and all work perfectly. I love the way it self programs extra handsets and you only have to enter items into one phone and it automatically updates all handsets, the line clarity is amazing and they tell you when you are getting out of range of the base when used outdoors. I was amazed you get a paper manual with it, read it, inwardly digest it and the use of the system is easy. I would recommend this unit over 3 other prominent brands in the same league I have owned the others and they are not anywhere near as good a phone system.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Lorkay

LorkayPerth

Caller voice fades out even though fully charged.

Voice fading is my main problem with this phone though I suspect it is to do with it being Wi-fi. I find it annoying when the caller's number is announced...will find a way of getting rid of this eventually. Still getting used to it but would prefer to go back to my fabulous previous phone....also a Uniden.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

KM15

KM15

Excellent phone with many functions

I have had this phone for over 3 years and have had no issues. It is a great phone with so many functions. There is a headset jack which allows me to listen to teleconferences in comfort. The ability to connect to my mobile phone via bluetooth is great because it means I can make and receive mobile calls on the handset. One of my other favourite features is call block meaning that if a pesky telemarketer calls I can block the number and am not bothered by them again.

Date PurchasedDec 2014