8355 +1, 8355 +2 and 8355 +3

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Answer to problems

After nearly 6 months of trying every tip & suggestion posted here + phoning our provider I was still unable to get rid of the red flashing light & envelope until yesterday, again phoned provider twice, then uniden once, then our provider again. 1st I learned that voicemail which is on these phones is actually activated by NBN as part of the changeover plan (it is not your provider) & is at no cost to the individual person. I sincerely hope the steps that I needed to take will help others with the same problem. Firstly (if you don't have your legitimate pin number your provider will tell you what it is so you need to have that first) then set up your voicemail by dialing 125101 & follow the prompts, you can then listen to & delete those messages, then the little envelope will disappear & the light will stop flashing, obviously it will start again when you receive another message then just dial 101 to answer it.
All of the other suggested methods that I have tried/followed in the past (for the odd ones that worked)
they only worked for 20-30 minutes before returning to the same problems, however I do thank everyone for their suggestions.
jojo

Purchased in December 2018.

Hi Jojo, Thank you for your review. Should you have any further inquiries please don't hesitate to contact Uniden Support at custservice@uniden.com.au Have a great day!

Worked for 1 week now no power. Useless

Bought it. Set it up. Worked well for a week. Unit now has no power no matter where I plug it in. Doesn’t work at all now Don’t know why.

Purchased in May 2019 for $208.00.

Hi Freddie, Can you please provide a contact number or email? I can arrange for a consultant to get in contact with you.Hi awilton16@gmail.comThank you for providing the details. I have escalated you case for a technician to get in contact with you. Should you require any further inquiries please don't hesitate to contact Uniden Support at custservice@uniden.com.au

Fabulous phone

Bought 8355 + 3 today after researching phones on the internet last night and already set up and working. After reading several reviews was expecting a bit of trouble setting up but was very pleased and surprised how easy it was just followed clear directions in manual. Love how easy to download numbers from mobile and then copy to other phone book and allocate to speed dials just needed a bit of patience. My old phone cut coverage just outside back door but this right to end of long garden with full bars. Fantastic now I can hear and answer my mobile anywhere before unless in same room or close couldn’t hear it.
Can’t think of any negatives good on you Uniden had my other Uniden for about 20 yrs and have been very happy with it hoping for same result.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $239.00.

lacks basic function but has bells and whistles!

Bought this yesterday after much research after having the same Uniden phone for over a decade!! Time to upgrade or so I thought!! Loved all the blue tooth stuff and call blocking feature which I thought would get used a lot. However, during the setup, I was disappointed to read that the voice messaging service works only with landline calls! I couldn't believe such a basic function was missing. Given that my old Uniden takes landline and mobile, no issue. And that the majority of calls today come from mobiles this makes the voice messaging service redundant!!
Even more annoying nowhere does it warn you about this lack of basic feature before you buy it. Not on the box not on the blurb on the website. It's not until you get it home and have spent some time working through the set up that you turn the page in the manual and only there does it say that the messaging works only with landlines. My heart sank. Very disappointed with the waste of time, energy and money. Tomorrow I will be returning it to HN and asking for a refund as the phone fails to deliver on a very basic function. What use is Bluetooth if you can't record incoming calls from mobiles?
Have reinstalled my old phone for now.
Kerry Amor
Golden Square

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $144.00.

Hi Kerry, The answering machine can take messages from landlines numbers and mobile numbers. If your mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth to your home phone, you can answer calls on the handset from people calling your mobile number. However, if a call has been made to your mobile number and they are attempting to leave a message, it won't register on the home phone. The message will go to your mobile phone. Your landline answering machine can only register messages from numbers calling directly to the home number. Hope this clears things up.

Far From Easy to Use

I have had system 14 months. I have used Uniden for many years. I saw a reviewer write of the XDECT "Easy to set up & understand functions. Read the manual a couple of times though. Sound quality is very good and display screens are easy to read..."
That's one person's experience. Mine was distinctly different.
Even keeping the manual on my computer desktop for reference, it is hard to follow. Too many bugs in the phone system because it is an attempt to do too many things.
I use it with VOIP. But that is not the source of the errors.
Strongly suggest that you look for a phone that links more easily to Samsung or iPhone system of operation. Uniden insists of using a proprietary Uniden approach which is still a bad mix of analohue and digital.

Purchased in January 2018.

Sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with our product. Can you please clarify what issues you were experiencing with the phone? Please contact us at custservice@uniden.com.au and we can assist if any troubleshooting is required.

Out performs expectations

Quality is A1 (typical of Uniden). Bluetooth function is fantastic. Easy to set up & understand functions. Read the manual a couple of times though. Sound quality is very good and display screens are easy to read..

Purchased in February 2019 for $155.00.

so far so good but a bit complicated

Did the set up following manual and went surprizingly well, even set up an extra (additional; to the +3 handset )with no problems. However I'm not sure we will be able to use the more advanced features its not intuitive(for 60+ tech dinosaurs. did connect mobile and download phonebook from it suprised myself. Have to follow manual closely to do anything. Just went to google to find instructions to turn off annoying announcer of calls voice (TTS or some such). other than that works well and am pleased with purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
update one of the phones stopped working, number keypad wont work . Cant be looked at unless we return the whole system. Then what do we use for a phone?? Another product where after sales service is totally inadequate<Hi Jane, If it is just one handset that is faulty, you can send just the handset for repair. Uniden Australia 73 Alfred Rd Chipping Norton NSW 2170 Please include a note with your contact details, fault description and a copy of yous purchase receipt. Should you have any further inquiries please don't hesitate to contact me.

Happy days

Have only had it 2 weeks but very pleased with it. Still learning how Answering Machine functions when I also have Voicemail activated through ISP ie the interaction between them ie number of rings on Uniden and number of seconds on ISP to send copy to Voicemail.
My previous cordless and Answering machine was less sophisticated than this one. So I had much to learn!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Far better than my previous Uniden answering system.

This system works really well. Voice quality is good and I'm pleased with that as it is a replacement for my previous Uniden phone that had poor voice quality with the NBN network.

It has the ability to work with your mobile phone so you can download your mobile phone contacts onto the Uniden phone and answer calls either from your home phone or mobile directly from the handset at the push of a button. Simply select the mobile or home button to choose which device you wish to answer/call from. Handy if your mobile is in another room when a call comes through. You can quickly answer it from the Uniden base handset. The unit also has a USB port for charging your mobile and Bluetooth technology.

Uniden claims that you can still use the phone during a power outage. Fortunately, I haven't had an outage yet to test that. They, however, do not state for how long the unit will be able to work during that outage but do say a handset has to remain on the base and it won't work well if that handset doesn't have a full charge, to begin with. Still, I guess its an option and better than none at all. I do wonder though if that applies to the NBN network. If the powers goes out then you'd have no internet, with the NBN network, if you have no internet, you have no home phone, so all this may be a mute point.

Overall, I'm very happy with the phone and LOVE the ability to block calls on it. If you want to block a number it's very easy to do on this unit, something I've not had the ability to do on a home phone before. In writing this I have discovered I can' find my receipt :( I believe I paid $185 for the unit which was well under the $249 prices I saw elsewhere.

My one huge issue with this phone - the instruction book. It's all over the shop. The worst instruction book that's supposedly written in English I've ever read. Give it up and use Youtube if you get stuck.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Old tech

Considering this is the 21st century the technology and ease of access to this phone is bewildering. Have you heard of touch screens and a settings icon......seriously this phone is crap. Sound is not clear and it continually tries to connect to my mobile even though my phone is already connected to a wireless headset. Get your outdated crap together Uniden or go die somewhere........

Disappointed

The telephone i purchased i am not happy with it. I was to believe that this particular phone would have a good range around my house. It does not work at all I'm not happy with this product at all for the price i paid it was not worth it!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Not bad except ................

As already said in other reviews, the operating manual is a nightmare! 50 pages of instructions for basically what is a simple phone! You'll probably never need all the "stuff" it can do so just use it as a normal phone and it won't be a problem!

Nonetheless, the phone and it's accessories does look good, works well and I found it best to chuck the manual away and just plod through all the menus and buttons until I worked it out myself!

Big problem is that you can't download the mobile phonebook to the 8335's own Phonebook! Crazy! Quite simple to pair a couple of mobiles and download their phonebooks but then you have to laboriously select each and every entry and ADD it to that of the 8355's own Phonebook! If you have several hundred contact numbers then good luck to you …………….

Probably deserves a four star but the manual and phonebook issues made me stick at a three!

Look around for best prices as they range from $225 down to $170 at places like the Good Guys and Harvey Norman!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Best home phone system ever.

I purchased my phone set after much research and daughters advise! The functions this phone preforms are awesome and all work perfectly. I love the way it self programs extra handsets and you only have to enter items into one phone and it automatically updates all handsets, the line clarity is amazing and they tell you when you are getting out of range of the base when used outdoors. I was amazed you get a paper manual with it, read it, inwardly digest it and the use of the system is easy. I would recommend this unit over 3 other prominent brands in the same league I have owned the others and they are not anywhere near as good a phone system.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Caller voice fades out even though fully charged.

Voice fading is my main problem with this phone though I suspect it is to do with it being Wi-fi. I find it annoying when the caller's number is announced...will find a way of getting rid of this eventually. Still getting used to it but would prefer to go back to my fabulous previous phone....also a Uniden.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Excellent phone with many functions

I have had this phone for over 3 years and have had no issues. It is a great phone with so many functions. There is a headset jack which allows me to listen to teleconferences in comfort. The ability to connect to my mobile phone via bluetooth is great because it means I can make and receive mobile calls on the handset. One of my other favourite features is call block meaning that if a pesky telemarketer calls I can block the number and am not bothered by them again.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Nice to connect iphone too

Love the fact we can connect our iphone via bluetooth and have calls answered from mobile number and landline number .Easy to set up and great even if you dont have a landline..Just connect your mobile via bluetooth and make/recieve calls from the uniden handset..
Even imports your contacts from mobile if you want , saves entering on uniden handset ..Very easy to see which the calls are coming in on as mobile button lights up when call comes in via mobile connected .Same as when making call , just press mobile and it will use your mobile number and credit.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

I'm impressed

Had this phone a couple of months now, I found the instructions hard to follow, Had to ask some questions before I got it all set up. but it was worth it, I have it connected to my NBN Modem apart from the bad instructions and it's not that good at charging my Samsung mobile. I cant find fault I purchased a 4th hand set for the bedroom at @ $55. The instructions on how to pare up the new handset with the base were complicated, so I just sat it into the base cradle and it did it all automatically. I like the fact that it will answer your mobiles It can be used to make or receive calls through your mobile too, and all your mobile contacts are transferred to every handset when the mobiles ring so will this phone. It has an answering machine A baby monitor can be used as a intercom. And by voice it will tell you who's calling or the number when it rings, it has a blocking feature which I used to block two of the scammer numbers i was receiving. All up a great phone.at around $200.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Bad manual

Uniden XDECT 8355
For a new top of the line phone with multiple functions, the instructions are totally inadequate and very difficult to follow.
It is a disgrace for Uniden to sell the phone with such a useless manual.
Completely lack step by step instructions.
Can’t even find out to name the handsets, +++++++++

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good unit

There is a lot going on with this phone.You need the instruction book to reference to understand the phones full potential .The phone has bluetooth mobile link,room monitor ,200 number phonebook.10 day standby,10 hr.
talk,hearing aid compatible,power failure mode ,intercom.You can assign a special ringtone to people in your phonebook etc etc very happy

Date PurchasedDec 2016

why don't the three phones ring when an incoming call. (Uniden 8355+2)
Thank you for your review. Can you please try the following? To adjust the Ringer Volume; Press the Up arrow 3 to 4 times quickly on the handset The line will then come off from the Bell Icon You can also press the up arrow or plus sign on the base 3 to 4 times.

With my Telstra landline phones (pre NBN) I could forward calls to my mobile if we were going out using *22# etc. Is this still possible? Is there any way to do it?
Hi Toni, You can use Call Forwarding/ Call Divert on your phone, however, it is a feature that is set up and provided to you by your service provider. (Telstra, Optus, etc) For Telstra assistance, you can see the following link for reference; https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/home-phone/features-settings/how-to-set-up-call-forwarding-on-home-phone For Optus assistance, you can see the following link for reference; https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/manage-call-diversions-fixed-phone?requestType=NormalRequest&id=1428&typeId=5 For other service providers, you will need to contact them directly on how to activate Call Forwarding / Call Divert.I should have mentioned that my phone service is VOiP with Westnet, thanks to NBN (which incidentally is slower than my previous ADSL).

I set the time and date incorrectly but it wont let me change it
Hi Toni, Can you please confirm which steps you have taken? Please refer to the following steps on the handset to adjust the Date and time; Press MENU Scroll down to the option 'Date & Time' Press MENU Input the numbers for the date (--/--/--) Input the numbers for the time (--:--) Scroll down to the appropriate AM or PM Press MENU only once Press the END button twice Please note that our phones use 12 hour time not 24 hour time.Ah I didnt press END twice. Maybe that's the problem. Thanks I'll try that.