Upside Realty

Upside Realty

See the Best Real Estate Agents in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent service and resut

Had a fantastic experience with Upside, found them honest and very responsive to any requests. Marketing campaign ran smoothly and it’s impressive what was included in the fee. Great result in the end. The fee meant we saved several thousand without compromising our sale price.

Sold for much less than appraisal

Agent did an appraisal for my investment, but sold for much less compared to that. He kept on asking me to not take the deals, and in the end, sort of forced me into selling my home for even lower amount than previous offers, I was frustrated and exhausted after having my house on the market for 6 months, and just wanted to sell it off. I won't be recommending them and never using their services again.

Very bad customer service

Lazy agent, never communicated. Yhe business model is good but the agent was useless. Very late in getting back to me regarding any questions or feedback from the open homes

Alternative to Traditional Real Estate Sales

Upside is a decent realty service that charges a fixed price and no ridiculous percentage commission fees for selling your property. I personally cannot comprehend why the sales person usually commands such a large sum of my homes property value for doing relatively little work. Well Upside Realty offers sellers an alternative to the traditional real estate selling dynamics, charging a fixed price regardless of your homes value. The marketing, photography and selling is all taken care of by a traditional real estate agent. The pricing structure involves you paying a non-refundable amount initially to cover costs (as of December 2018 this was 1,900 AUD), and the rest of the money - 5,600 for private treaty or 6,600 for auction - is paid only after the property is sold. This makes it an incentive for the agent to sell your house, but it also makes it an incentive to sell it for any price they can offload it at, overall though in my experience it's much better than other similar companies like purplebricks or sellmyhouseonline.

Unfortunately the agent could not sell my place for his estimated price, or its current market value, a part of this was a lack of effort on his part, and the other was the housing market slump occurring in Australia. Would I use Upside Realty again? Most likely not, sub-par first time experience and the recommendations of my investor friends' will lead me to search for other alternatives when the time comes.