V.I.P. Petfoods Dog Rolls

• Pet's Life StageAdult (5) · Puppy/Kitten (1)
  • Side Effects Yes (1) · No (4)
  • Smell

Not as Good as say 2 months ago

Just saw a review on VIP Dog Roll being full of water than usual ok same as Natures Grain Free I thought maybe the Supermarkets are freezing these rolls and then shelfing ?.This is not Good Why hascthe Rolls of late have more water?

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $3.79.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Mark R.

Mark R.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Not as good as it used to be

I have bought Vip Dog rolls for years but over the last few months both varieties are getting softer and softer.They are pumping more water into the
Mixture to achieve the same weight for less content. It's very sad when a great product is ruined by greedy company executives who think the average consumer is stupid"..Right up there with Cadbury and there ever shrinking chocolate bars..

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $7.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

AlyssaHunter Region, NSW

Caused my dog to get sick

Purchased in error but thought i'd try it once it was delivered . Highly processed and contains corn. My 20 week old consumed 2 serving after which he had gastro and very lethargic, tried to feed it to my cats as they will eat anything but they would not touch it. Product went in the bin. Zero star rating from me

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects Yes
Alyssa

Hi i am aware of the effects of changing foods and how to do it safely. We didn't even use half a cup worth of the product.

Sue

SueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Product has changed!

Have bought this chicken roll for my large dog for a number of years but no more! It’s now slimy, soggy and smelly! The smell is terrible and it’s horrible to touch. She won’t eat it! I have complained to company direct and didn’t get a satisfactory response!! Have now found better product elsewhere!

Purchased in September 2019.

Real Pet Food Co.V.I.P. Petfoods

DO NOT BUY THIS! FOUND SHARP PLASTIC PIECE IN THE ROLL.

As i was cutting the meat roll into cubes.. i found a sharp plastic piece (like a broken bottle cap or plastic pipe) inside it. I got so scared, it could of choked my dogs. Then i looked around for reviews about this brand and found there are other people finding chopped up sharp bones, plastic pieces, straw and plastic bag blended in their meat roll! Check their fb page, they have not responded to peoples complaint about their findings inside the meat. Makes me think do they just blend anything in ? Please do not buy this brand or their related brand if you love your pet. If you think its ok to feed your pet still, then please cut the meat in small pieces.. incase you get a surprise too.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths.

Bridie

BridieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

VIP dog roll concerns

My dog loves your food but I'm just curious to know what the actual benefits are of her eating you VIP dog roll? And little concerned that one of them contains garlic?? I thought that was poisonous to dogs?

Purchased in April 2019 for $7.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Emma

EmmaCentral West, NSW

Gourmet Chicken

This roll seems to work okay for my dogs. I have particular trouble with finding a food for my Cavaliers sensitive digestion and she can tolerate this in small amounts. Sometimes the roll can be softer then others and so when shopping I feel each individual roll and pick out the firmest one. Great for a budget - feeds two small dogs for a fortnight if cut up into portions then frozen. Seems to defrost okay and better then other rolls we have tried. I like the ingredients and the fact that there is no preservatives. Would prefer to not have soy in the ingredients list. Reasonable all round meal for my dogs.

Purchased in January 2019 at Woolworths for $6.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Absolute crap now

I have fed my dog's VIP gourmet premium chicken for yrs and now it is absolute crap!! I will never buy any of VIP's products again ! It is nothing but slime wrapped in plastic and it smells foul.

chrisspinning

chrisspinningMole Creek Tasmania

sloppy dog roll terrible smell.

It used to be a great dog roll but the last couple of months it has been sloppy and the smell makes you feel sick. Customer service is nil considering the number of bad reviews and all from different states even though the customer service person blamed the store.

Lee

LeeToowoomba

Very sloppy and waterlogged

This stuff used to be good but now is full of water and wont even stand up in the fridge like it used to. The moisture leaks out of it all through the fridge and I now have to put it in a bowl to catch all the liquid coming our it. Very sloppy. I can get canned food that is better than this.

My dog loves this

My dog loves this but lately i have had bad rolls smells terrible and is sloopy but not out of date very dissappointing

Gave my dog very sick never again

Crap food never feed to your dog. He suffered all night. Why would you produce a product that is worse than tin food. Failure on you to even sell this trash.

Maurice B

Maurice BSydney

First and last time I but VIP dogroll

Came home from supermarket last week with 4 rolls of VIP dog sausage. It was horrible ! all sloppy and not at all like any dog roll I had bought before. I will avoid this product in future .

Alissa

Alissa

VIP MEGABITE- be careful if your dog has sensitivities to allergens

Ziggy

Ziggycanberra

Use to be good, definitely now not

I have been feeding my dog this brand for the last year and a half.
The formula has changed and are just foul.
I still had trust in the product until my dog vomited after feeding him which lasted a few hours. Will never purchase this product again and suggest other dog owners to do the same

After reading the packaging on all the chilled dog food they mostly are all from V.I.P petfoods.
Will be going back to making my own and getting fresh from butcher instead of grocery store

Poor quality. Why?

Have been feeding my dogs this roll for many years & never had any issues until now. The last two were soggy, smelly, greasy on inside & slippery greasy wrappers.
What’s going on?

Dog food

I have been buying this for my pets for years just opened a chicken and egg no egg and it was just gluggy same as the meat one very disappointed going to another brand sorry.

Dog roll was off.

I buy VIP chicken dog roll weekly, however on two occasions of late, it has been OFF despite being well inside the use by date. I have had to dump it rather than return it for a refund, due to the foul smell. Just bringing it to your attention, as otherwise you may be totally unaware.

Henry

HenryBrisbane

Used to be better

I have found when I buy the VIP dog rolls from numerous Woolworths stores, they r quite mushy and watery and when I buy from Coles, the texture is as it should be. They do feel quite 'grainy', like a lot of crushed bone through it and also not as many vegetables as there used to be in them. My dog is a guts though and she still eats it, but to me the quality of the product has slipped.

Dog terribly sick

Since feeding my dog, VIP Mega Bite, with prime beef, my dog has been very sick. I fed him approx 800g, he left some. Since then his been sick. Introduced him back to it and turned his nose up at it. Not good for him and not good for an owner to see him like this so miserable.