V.I.P. Petfoods Chunkers

V.I.P. Petfoods Chunkers

Lamb, Chicken

lorry martinNorth Queensland, QLD

the product was off

i purchased your product yesterday and upon opening the packet there was a strong foul smell....looking at the chunks it seemed to have a mould like substance on it.....i would not feed this to my dog and was very disappointed with it

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths for $425.00.

price was $4.25 not $425.oo

lorry martin

have messaged you but so have not heard a word from you.......great customer service

AK not 47

AK not 47

Convenient, good product

Getting dog accustomed to a diet of wet, soft food before major dental work, lamb Chunkers were gradually included into the dog's food over a week or so.
Dog finds them very palatable, easy to eat and has experienced no negative reactions.
Ongoing appeal would be high if the price were lower, but am pleased to have found this product as it is perfect for present needs.

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles Online for $4.25.

AVOID

My dog has been throwing up since my Roomate fed her these. Checked the bag after reading the reviews and same thing. Moldy and had only just been purchased. Avoid at all costs

Bren

BrenGippsland, VIC

Health Risk to dogs

Our dogs loved this food & we found it very convenient to serve, but after having to throw 3 bags of it out after opening them to find the contents had gone off, we've ditched this dog food. A one off I could accept but not 3 times.

Purchased at Woolworths for $4.25.

Julian

JulianSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not good

I bought the lamb flavour to my dog and she felt sick soon after eating and would not eat it again.
When I checked the package, the food was already mouldy! The package was just opened the day before and was properly stored in the fridge and within the expiry date.

Purchased at Coles.

Floss62

Floss62Gippsland, VIC

Irristable

Pet food that looks good and natural . My dogs just love it. There is never any left over. They enjoy the. Lamb flavour as well but I think they like the chicken the best.

Purchased at IGA for $599.00.

Real Pet Food Co.V.I.P. Petfoods

Thanks for sharing your feedback on our VIP Chunkers!

kathyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not recommended lamb or chicken

I have bought my little mate this food,but no more,it has a short life it goes off to quick,even when its in the fridge,it goes all sticky and smells like vinegar its shelf life isn't long,so always smell this before you give it to your best mate,I was contacted by the distributors for chunkers,life span is three days ,so best suggestion is freeze them and put them in single zip freezer bags in portions, and use them,when needed,but don't refreeze them ,try this and then give us feed back hope this helps i will change my ratings when I try this

Purchased in July 2020 for $5.00.

kathy

Why have you stopped putting them in individual bags like you used to,you wouldn't get complaints as i have had to throw out two bags of them they went all sticky and moldy,best suggestion is put them in individual bags they will sell better

Real Pet Food Co.V.I.P. Petfoods

Hi Kathy, We appreciate your suggestion and will pass it along to the team. If you need any further information please don't hesitate to get in contact with us!

Amy

AmyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Something's changed, used to be good

They used to be good, my dog loved them and I could buy a week's worth at a time but a few months ago their appearance changed, I didn't think much of it but in the last few weeks they have all smelled bad when I open the bag even when well in date, sometimes they have a really salty smell like off ham. I also discovered white mould earlier in the year as others have mentioned.
The bags used to be vacuum sealed, they don't seem to be anymore which likely has something to do with it.
After reading other reviews and seeing others are finding the same I now know it's not just me, I am choosing to cook my own dog food now.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $4.25.

Boo boo

Boo booMid North Coast, NSW

Garbage

14percent meat,times that by 7 works out 45.00kg fillet steak doesn't cost that,even the meat ants won't touch it and neither will my dog anymore has the recipe changed ,won't buy again

Purchased in April 2020 at IGA for $5.25.

JGLS

JGLSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If my dogs eat it it must be ok!

Bought this For the first time only three weeks ago, I need his last of my two small dogs entire week. Given we also have a number of cats it will get you to almost any of the food stuff, the dogs must like it, because they never leave it for the other for animals get hold of it. They would never not eating it, but they will balk at my dog and other processes tinned foods. I have just tried them on the lamb as well and they are very happy.

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles for $4.98.

Melissa  Bailey

Melissa BaileySydney

This is perfect

My dog is very fussy and has a sensitive stomach she loves it. For all those people saying it goes off it says in packet must be stored in fridge and eaten within three days.

Purchased in January 2020 at IGA.

Big D

Big DPerth

Our dogs seem to thrive on it.

Purchased in January 2015 at Woolworths for $4.25.

DeniseSouth East Queensland, QLD

This food goes off very quickly.

This product made my Malshi very sick with tummy grumbles and not eating for over 24 hours. The product goes smelly and sticky after a few days and well before it's use by date. Should I be freezing it in small portions?

Purchased in March 2020 at Woolworths for $4.58.

Real Pet Food Co.V.I.P. Petfoods

Thanks for the additional details Denise. If you need further support regarding this, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

Adam C.

Adam C.

Brilliant

absolutely awesome my 4 dogs love them excellent nutrition for them , never had any issues but please for the love of god after opening divvy up into portions and freeze as it doesn't last long in fridge at all 3 days tops before they go off or start to grow mold

Purchased in March 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $4.75.

Real Pet Food Co.V.I.P. Petfoods

Hi Adam, Thanks so much for your feedback on our Chunkers! We're glad to hear all your dogs enjoy this product.

NeverAgain1

NeverAgain1Hobart, TAS

Mouldy Chunkers

Opened a new packet of lamb chunkers today 13 Feb 20, well before expiry date which were riddled with white mould. This is not the first time this has happened. After this experience we will not purchase again.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths.

Rosette U.Sydney, NSW

The product was off straight from the supermarket on many occasions

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $4.25.

Hi
Thank you for your response.
I have attempted to call on the 1800 option1 and the line simply dialled out with no answer.
On clicking on the above link I am getting an error, unable to proceed.

Michelle

MichellePerth, WA

Not ideal

Opened a bag and fed to my shitzu ( a week before due date ) .. next day she had tummy grumbles and wouldn't eat .. checked the bag of chicken chunkers and there is a white mould throughout the whole bag , and all over the chunks .. Lucky my dog is okay , or you would have a lawsuit on your hands gggrrrr :(

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Kerrie LR

Kerrie LRSouth-East, TAS

My Beagle wont eat this.

Small vomit after first handful of lamb chunkers.
Wouldnt eat it when next offered.
Tried the chicken chunkers - dog turned away - very unusual for our beagle who is a chicken-a-holic and very good oreiented usually inhales all offered.
Had a weird unnatural smell when opening both packets.
very disappointed.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles.

Dogs love it - Use it quickly though

My two small dogs love this food, and I have got it repeatedly as it is very affordable and I add it to their dry food for dinner.

But I have had numerous defective bags where the ziplock has come away from one side of the bag. Even with non-defective bags, properly sealed and in the fridge I have found the product does become smelly about three days after opening and probably off by the fourth day. This has meant that over time I've had to throw out 1/4 or 1/3 of a bag here and there. Your experience may vary as my dogs are small and wouldn't get through all that in four days.

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Mark P.

Mark P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My fussy eater loves these

My Rotski is a real fussy eater and its very hard to get here to eat anything new, but she took to both flavours of these immediately and hasn't looked back, no ill effects at all.

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths for $4.25.

Real Pet Food Co.V.I.P. Petfoods

Hi Mark, Thanks for the great review. Great to hear your fussy girl enjoys both flavours!

Gary J

Gary Jasked

Chunkers

I’ve just got a puppy. 5 weeks old . He’s already on solid foods . Have started him on Chunkers. I’m just wondering if he’s too young.

Real Pet Food Co.V.I.P. Petfoods

Hi Gary, Our VIP Chunkers are formulated for adult dogs, however are not harmful if offered to puppies occasionally.
We would recommend feeding Puppy formulated foods to ensure your pups nutritional needs are met during their growth stage. You are welcome to learn more on our puppy range on our website http://naturesgoodnesspetfood.com.au/nutrition
We hope this helps!

Paulene B.

Paulene B.asked

Chunkers

Can u freeze this product strIght after you buy from the shops

Real Pet Food Co.V.I.P. Petfoods

Hi Pauline, Yes our Chunkers can be stored frozen and we recommend to divide them up into individually bagged meal sized portions, thaw each portion as needed in the fridge and after thawing do not re-freeze.
We hope this helps

Anna S.

Anna S.asked

Chunkers

Do I need to cook the chicken chunkers before feeding them to my 4m old puppy? Also, can I freeze them as she eats small portions. Thanks

Real Pet Food Co.V.I.P. Petfoods

Hi Anna, Our Chunkers are a cooked product, so there is no need to cook them before feeding them to your dog. They can be frozen into individually bagged/sealed meal sized portions and thawed in the fridge as needed. Once thawed we do not recommend to refreeze, and to use the contents before the use by date on the pack.

Our Chunkers are also formulated for adult dogs, so we would recommend basing the majority of your puppies diet on a puppy or growth food, and include our Chunkers occasionally.
We hope this helps!

Emma
Emma

So even if the product has been frozen prior to the expiration date, you cant thaw them & use past the date???

Get an answer from our members and V.I.P. Petfoods representatives