Fussy Cat Grain Free Dry Food

Fussy Cat Grain Free Dry Food

Mandy

MandyPerth, WA

Only good things.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths for $15.00.

TanyaCentral Queensland, QLD

Gave my cats nasty diarrhea!

I bought this food thinking I’d be doing a good thing for my cats instead they had the most awful diarrhea they’ve ever had. Switched back to their other food. I don’t recommend.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths.

Irate consumer

Irate consumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent for cats with urinary problems

Our cat has had urinary problems in the past, with blood being found in his urine. We discovered it was his brand of cat biscuits. We switched to Fussy Cat Grainfree Dry Cat Food a few months ago, and our cat hasn’t had any more problems since! Our moggy devours these, and we can tell he absolutely loves them. We stick to the blue bag. They are a nice, moist biscuit and they keep him full for a long time. They often go on special at the big supermarkets for 40% off, so that's always a good time to stock up on the big 2.5kg bags.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $14.00.

Georgie C.

Georgie C.Darwin, NT

Terrible!

I usually feed my cat Applaws dry cat food but was given a bag of fussy cat grainfree dry food and thought I would give it a shot to see if he likes it. 10 minutes after consumption my cat came running to my feet foaming and drooling from the mouth before vomiting his entire dinner up. I highly recommend not feeding this to your cat! Hes now eating his usual food in small bits and drinking little water every now and then.

Real Pet Food Co.Fussy Cat

Great food for my moggies

My 2 year old Turkish Angora was eating Whiskas dry & wet food simply because I could not afford the more expensive foods but he was becoming very thin & his fur was coming out in clump. I bought a small pack of Fussy Cat Grain Free & s can to see how he went & he loves it. I get the 2.5kg bags on special at Woolworths for $19 & the vans are $1.80 on special. He is doing so much better on this & has his furry coat back & is heavy again. My 9 week old kitten even eats from the big boys bowl at times& preferring over the kitten food he is currently on

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $19.00.

Nina

NinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This product caused by cat to vomit

I am writing this review this morning following an incident with my cat after I had given her a serving of the Salmon & Ocean fish tinned food. I was out in my backyard 10 minutes after feeding her, she came running towards me foaming from the mouth. I brought her inside, cleaned her up and put water in her mouth. I have to say this food actually stinks and at the time was concerned about giving it to her. I purchased this product as it states it is grain free. I have put aside and frozen the rest of this product and will be contacting the company for a response. I would not recommend anyone to purchase this product until it is tested.

Purchased in July 2019 for $1.80.

Kylie R.

Kylie R.Illawarra, NSW

Not Happy... My poor girl has UTI's and crystals.

I switched from Friskies as I was told she wasn't getting what she needed and was filled with harmful fillers. I switched to this after reading good reviews and being a healthier option. So far it has now cost me $500 to help her with UTI's and now crystals. I am NOT impressed. She didn't need to get sick. I will go back to what didn't make her sick.
This product doesn't even deserve 1 star

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for $4.00.

A_R_T

A_R_TQueensland

Gave our cat a blocked bladder!

My cat is currently staying at the vet thanks to this food unbalancing his ph levels in his urine from all the magnesium, salt and carbs in these biscuits, which in turn caused crystals to develop in his bladder and block his bladder so he couldn't go to the toilet!! He almost died!! The pet food Industry needs to be regulated!! Keep away from supermarket food, and feed mince meats from the butcher is what the vet told us. Now we are up for big vet bills and have a sad sick cat!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $5.00.

Hhjj

HhjjGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible - don’t feed this to your cat!

Thought grain free dry food from vip was a healthier option for our cat. Feel terrible that we didn’t realise sooner, but this stuff was making our cat so thirsty and the salmon flavour makes her so sick. Will never buy this again, and really hope she will be ok! Terrible and cruel to produce such bad food for poor animals.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths.

Shazam

ShazamSydney Surrounds, NSW

Loose motions gone, but now frequent urination

I have four cats who were always doing loose number 2s. They were eating Whiskas dry food. I was given a pack of this from a friend whose cats didn't like it... and the immediate effect was that they all started passing solid poos. Magic!
However... I'm *also* discovering that they are urinating much more than before. 2 days max before the litter has to be replaced. So I'm going to have to give another brand a try...

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles for $15.00.

trixie

trixie

No more loose motions

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles Online.

Shannon

ShannonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thought it was great but it caused cystitis

My cat has been eating royal canin ragdoll for the first 5 years of its life. Changed to this as it was convenient. Seemed fine for months and he suddenly started urinating frequently. He drinks plenty of water and his habits haven't changed. We also feed him the wet food from vip. Recently he weed a few times on a bed. This led to me realising why he peed a lot. All three patches over a day have crystals so big and so much it looked like someone had sprinkled glitter in his pee. Time to put him on specialised treatments to fix the issue from this food

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles for $5.00.

My cats issues Gone!!

I cannot believe what a change! He was on Royal Canin for his runny poop but didn't help. (mind you $40 a bag) I bought VIP grain free with beef, kangaroo & sweet potato and straight away cured his runny poo! Highly recommend

My cat has urinary tract infection

I have fed my Persian cat this brand solidly for 8 months. She loves it and I like the big size biscuits because it makes her chew and use her teeth, to prevent gum disease .
Unfortunately she has developed a UTI which I can only put down to her diet. So I will be avoiding this like the plague (and any other supermarket brands) and spending more on a quality dental brand. Which I should've done in the beginning.

Jane

JaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My male cat nearly died from crystals in bladder

My 2 year old male cat had a blockage in his urethra caused by crystals from his bladder lodging. He nearly died.
Cost $2,500 to save him. Catheter inserted three times, but kept blocking. Luckily the last time it didnt block
Vet said it was caused by this food.
He is now on an expensive Vet diet for the rest of his life.
Male cats are more suseptible to forming crystals.
Dont risk it- dont buy this food!!!!

Sandy O

Sandy OSydney, NSW

If I could rate a 10 I would

Foxie

Foxie

My cat loves it

When we adopted our cat we started with whiskas, but this is way better. We moved him onto this shortly after and he has been having it for about 2 years. He loves it and all the tastes

Seda

SedaSydney

Little Scottish Fold loves These!

My cat absolutely loves these biscuits, I get 2 flavours at once and alternate every few days this keeps her excited and interested in her biccies. Tried a few other brands but noticed they contain a lot of nasties unlike these :)

baileyzara

baileyzaraAlstonville

Affordable and healthy

All three of my cats love this food. The ingredients are great, really healthy and no nasties like some of the big brands. Compared to some of the 'premium' brands too they don't contain fillers. They never seem to get tired of it. Great value especially when I can pick up a 1kg bag at Woolies. Grain free is the best choice for your pets. My cats get a scoop in the morning and raw or wet food at night, shiny coats and purrs all around.

Review collected in partnership with Fussy Cat

Jayne

JayneDarwin

My cats love this food, and it loves them

I buy the VIP Fussy Cat Grain Free dry biscuits, as well as the portioned mince packets, and occasionally the tins when our budget is slightly tighter.
My two cats get a scoop of biscuits in the mornings, and twice a day 1-2 mince packets to share (or mince in the morning and half a tin in the evening).
Both my cats look beautifully healthy: shiny soft fur, clean teeth, and clear eyes. We often get comments from visitors about how lovely their fur is. They're a healthy weight, don't overeat, and have never had any health problems.
I give the credit to the high quality of the food we give them.
No fillers, no nonsense, just what cats need.

Tabatha T.

Tabatha T.asked

How much dry food should I feed my 10mnth old cats? They weigh about 1kg each & are female domestic short hair tabby cats.

Hi Tabatha,
We’d suggest feeding our new Fussy Cat Kitten Care dry food to cats under 12 months of age.
For kittens weighing between 1-3kg we suggest feeding 45g to 110g (or ½ cup to 1 cup) of dry food per day (for each cat) if this is the only food being fed. You can visit our website to see the our suggested feeding chart.
You may need to feed more or less than what we suggest as each animal will have individual requirements.
If you haven’t already, we’d suggest confirming your cats’ weights by popping them on the scales at home or at your local vet clinic, as ~1kg sound quite underweight for a 10 month old cat.
We hope this helps.

Marie W.asked

Is grain free chicken and Turkey with cranberry safe to give to cats all the bad reviews has me worried

Real Pet Food Co.Fussy Cat

Hi Marie, Thanks for reaching out. We can confirm that all of our Fussy Cat products are produced under extensive product quality control processes and comply with Australian Standard AS5812. This Standard addresses the management of raw material selection and handling, factory management, product formulation, process monitoring and control and labelling consistency of finished pet foods to ensure product quality and integrity. The Fussy Cat dry food and wet food range are also formulated as complete and balanced to ensure your cat receives all the nutrients in the diet. We hope this helps

Tanya

I gave this to my cats recently thinking I was doing them a favour switching to grain free but they had awful diarrhea and vomiting. I stopped using it and they still were ill until a week later. I wouldn’t use it again and don’t recommend it.

Marie W.

Hi Tanya my cat has bad diarrhea to and doesn't look himself

Emma A.

Emma A.asked

VIP- the question below was asked 8months ago. Why no response?? Please revert. Your non-response makes your company appear to have something to hide.
Hi could you please tell me about Fussy Cat tin food that is grain free. I cant see how much salt is in it. Is it suitable to feed to a cat with second stage kidney disease. Is this food of a high quality?

Get an answer from our members and Fussy Cat representatives