Fussy Cat Grain Free Dry Food

Fussy Cat Grain Free Dry Food

See the Best Cat Foods in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Fussy Cat

Pros

Nutritionally balanced diet
Picky cats loved the taste

Cons

Not very hydrating

• Pet's Life StageAdult (6)
  • Side Effects Yes (4) · No (2)
  • Smell

Dan
DanPerth, WA

Caused cystitis in my 5 y/o male cat

Have to agree with other reviews...I was wondering why my cat kept having urinary problems during the past 6 months. I would only feed my cat this occasionally as a treat because he seemed to really like it...however I began to notice when I fed him this for a few days, he would develop urinary problems and would have trouble peeing. It was so bad I had to rush to the vet on a public holiday (that costed $300!!!!). I have now switched to a more expensive but healthier brand (Royal Canin) that accommodates for cats that may develop crystals - it may be more expensive, but at least it won't kill my cat and will save my hundreds in vet bills.

Purchased at Woolworths.

Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects Yes

Not for my cat

Yesterday I fed this to my cat twice and both times she threw up what she had eaten. Not impressed. I thought the flavours sounded good - Beef, kangaroo and sweet potato. But something in the mix does not agree with my cat.

Stephanie
StephanieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nope!!!

My fussy cat who has been eating this for years doesn't like the new flavours. He won't eat anything now. Sadly he is severely malnourished now and will be put to sleep tomorrow. He loved the black tin that was cut in cubes.

Raowriter
RaowriterLaunceston, TAS

Change of Recipe, Cat Refuses to Touch it.

My very fussy feline absolutely loved the Fussy Cat Grain Free Turkey with Cranberries dry food.
The recipe has recently been changed to Include chicken, and where he devoured the turkey-cranberry formulation, he won’t touch the turkey-chicken-cranberry version.
Very disappointing.

Purchased in at Coles for $5.

Alan R.
Alan R.South East Queensland, QLD

Package change recipes changed.

Recipe changed with the new packaging, my cats will not go near these cat foods, bring back the old recipe, no explanation offered why the recipe has changed??? Other users have same issue.

Purchased in at Woolworths for $5.

Smell
Rob
Rob

New packaging but not the same quality of ingredients

New recipe and packaging leaves out important ingredients which are named as "vegetables". What vegetables? Your guaranteed analysis is no longer there. What percentage of ingredients such as Taurine etc listed under your old formula now not listed in the new one. I have called your company and they were clueless, and made misrepresentations that nothing changed except the design of the package which is an absolute lie! I have both the new and old packaging. Here's the proof. See the screenshots below. Your new one on the LEFT and the old one on the RIGHT. The evidence speaks for itself. I will be posting this on social media and my YouTube channel.

bbwildered
bbwildered

Cats love it, their guts hate it.

Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects Yes
Real Pet Food Co.Fussy CatSend a private message

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Michelle G
Michelle G

Perfect until the recipe changed

Good quality ingredients while being more reasonably priced than pet store brands. However, the recipe of the red (dental) biscuits changed recently and my cat will no longer eat them. I just hope the other flavours don't change!

Purchased in at Coles.

Steve
Steve

Hit and miss. Coles packets always have holes in them. Maybe thats why sometimes cats vomit and diarrhea.

Purchased at Coles.

Katey P.
Katey P.South East Queensland, QLD

Street cat with a fancy palate.

We adopted a rescue cat who is an extremely picky eater. We went through good knows how many brands trying to find one she would eat and not get bored with. Tried the combination of fancy feast pate and the fussy cat grain free kibble and she is finally a happy lady. She loves the taste and is very regular if you know what I mean. 5 stars!

Purchased in at Woolworths for $7.

Lisa
Lisa

Thank you! I'm a very happy Mum.

Finally after a year of trying out various cat foods on the market Fussy Cat grain free has saved my cats. Being fussy, finicky eaters, my two kitties were underweight, malnourished and walked away from every food I tried. I was at my wit's end!
As soon as I offered Fussy Cat grain free my kitties scoffed the food. Within a few months they were at a normal weight and very healthy. All I can say is thank you Fussy Cat.

Purchased in at Coles.

BJN
BJNRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Well priced product!

My cat prefers the wet product to the dry but seems to thrive on a combo of both. He has never got bored of this regime and is not at all interested in trying other products or treats. Fussy Cat is excellent. My rescue cat looks extremely healthy!

Find out how Fussy Cat Grain Free Dry Food compares to other Cat Foods

This food has caused both my cats to get sick

Unfortunately this brand has been very bad for my two cats, one has gone to the vet because of crystals in his bladder and my other cat is now showing bad symptoms as well. We’ve also been struggling with vomiting whilst on this food. I really do not recommend this cat food.

Teagan
TeaganCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

One of the only foods that doesn’t upset my cats skin and tummy

We had so many problems working out what was going on with our cat who would often get tummy issues and itchy skin. We spend hundreds at the vet which we were just going around in circles. We have identified on our own that food plays a big part in it and over a course of a year this and 1 other brand of food we worked out was suitable for her! This stuff also doesn’t cost an arm and a leg! We havnt had to take her to the vet again since we kept her diet consistent with this.

Purchased in at Coles for $16.

Real Pet Food Co.Fussy CatSend a private message

Hi Teagan, Thanks for sharing your experience with our Fussy Cat dry food. We're so glad to hear your lovely girl is going well on our food after all her previous skin and digestive issues!

Zitao Huang
Zitao HuangSydney, NSW

Picky cat approved

My cat Cheese is very picky and often "decides" She no longer likes a brand or flavour of cat food or takes too long to try something like a stubborn toddler. But She really likes this brand, ate it all fast and happily.

Purchased in at Coles for $5.

mickeyasked

Where can I get this one in the red and blue please. Coles and Woolworths no longer stock. Please email me leisatambo@gmail.com.

Hayley L.
Hayley L.asked

Hello kind people!
My 1 year old cat is 1month &1week pregnant.. I'm wondering if "fussy cat grain free kitten care 2-12 months" is suitable for her during her pregnancy?
Also some suggestions for wet food please? Something that is Nutritious but won't cost me my right arm
Also would something with grain be a better option?
thanks in advance..

Elizabeth
Elizabethasked

My cat likes both the mince and the dry food. My question is about what the percentage of salt is in the kibble. It is listed in the ingredients but I would be interested to know exactly how much percentage wise was in there. Thank you.

See all Fussy Cat Grain Free Dry Food questions

Get an answer from our members and Fussy Cat representatives

Features

This dry food collection by Fussy Cat comes in 3 flavours and is available in 2 sizes, 500g and 2.5kg:

• Beef and Kangaroo with Sweet Potato
  • Chicken and Turkey with Cranberry
  • Salmon, Whitefish and Olive Oil

They all contain natural, grain-free food with the essential proteins, vitamins and minerals. The crunchy kibbles support your cat’s oral health and contain prebiotic contents to boost the immune system. Omega 3 and 6 are included to maintain your cat’s healthy coat. It’s suitable for all adult cats and is made in Australia with real Australian meat.

Reviewers thought:

Many choosy cats loved the taste of this product. Reviewers noted that it can help raise underweight cats to a healthy weight and their cats seem healthy after eating this product. It can be a little dry and cause urine problems if the cat doesn’t get enough water through other means.

CategoryCat Foods