Vax VX40

Vax VX40

MPNs: VAX-VX40 and VX40

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Bob CBrisbane

Much better value and more efficient than some big priced items like Dyson.

We had an expensive piece of garbage than just stopped about a month out of warranty. To even evaluate it for repair would have cost over $100 ("These are very difficult to fix") were the exact words so we went to Bunnings and purchased the Vax and haven't looked back. We had a Vax previously and it lasted 10 years but my wife was talked into an expensive one that not only was useless but also hurt your back. The moral is "if you find a reliable product stick with it and don't listen to the hype of salesmen oops salespersons.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
    Nat gone mad

Nat gone mad

Best vacuum cleaner I've ever had

Great vacuum cleaner. Good suction and it can hold a fair amount of rubbish before the bag needs to be replaced. We also us it in reverse and blow down the veranda with it. It wheels great. Nice and smooth and never tips over. The only negative of this vacuum is I don't like it's head. It's just too simple. Perhaps add some more detail or soft bit on the bottom.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

PalerangSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Plain and simple, and it works

I bought this vacuum cleaner after using the same type at our ski lodge. and because I absolutely hated my horrible Hoover Pet one, which was (and still is) useless.

You can actually use this without the dust bag and I tried that, but decided it's probably better with a bag. Have been working through the bags at Bunnings, but so far no luck, but you can get these bags on eBay for less than the official price.

It's noisy but not too bad, it sucks up stuff including off a hard floor (which stumped the Hoover) and I can use the Hoover's attachments too, but haven't bothered yet. Nice long cord, very portable (I have lots of steps), and it WORKS.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    Reclemm

ReclemmMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed in the Vax’s lifespan

Purchased in August 2016, I had no issue with the Vax until November 2017 when the power cord came away from the motor and had to be replaced, and then the vacuum completely died this week, and I’m not prepared to fork out more money for repairs on it. Soot on the inside of the barrel makes me think that the motor has burned out, after less than two years of only dry vacuuming, 2-3 times a week in a small house.
    Not great.
    The wand, vacuum head are plastic and very flimsy, and it’s a very noisy appliance-my neighbours always knew when I was vacuuming the house!
    Not overly impressed-I had believed that it was a sturdy, reliable appliance, but I’m disappointed to say that this is not the case at all.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Poor

The Wet filter is extremely fragile. It Tore while i was putting it on. I Would not recommend this cleaner for anyone wanting to use it on wet areas. The Suction appears to be good and the hose clip and handle are good, but bearing in mind the poor quality of the foam filter, worry that it's just not going to be good value.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Wish I'd known it had a dust bag

Someone said this vacuum doesn't have a dust bag. It does. It only comes with one and they are expensive. I wish I'd known that when I bought it. I wouldn't have. Also it is very noisy and doesn't suck very well. The plastic head is too small and feels flimsy. I bought it to clean up wood dust and shavings but it has a hard time with that.
    I ended up sweeping up most into a dustpan. I'm really not happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    james

jameswangan

no frills power

this vaccum is good value for money, plenty of power makes easy going for hard floors and carpet. the unit sounds like a jet aircraft and is quite noisy to operate.hoses and wand tubes are flimsy and the replacement bags are expensive but for under a hundred dollars it's pretty good

Date PurchasedNov 2017
    cos lettuce

cos lettuceFrankston

Great extension. cant live without.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Vax VX40 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Kylie

Kylie

It's great... except for one thing

This vacuum is great, I use it everyday
    But there is one thing I didn't really like & that is the vacuum head, both tube & head is plastic & the head doesn't do very good on carpet because of the fantastic suction it just doesn't move, but other then that it is a great vacuum, :)

Date PurchasedJul 2017
    Pebbles

PebblesYarralumla

best ever

This is the best vacuum I"ve ever owned, It works on Wet and Dry floors. No bag, so there's no extra money that you need to spend ever. Plus it was on sale on one of the bargain websites, it was call cudo.com. It was a steal 40 deleivered to my door.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
    Lou

LouTasmania

Good, noisy, very noisy.

Purchased last December to try and clean the carpets a little and replace my aging Electrolux. Does not vacuum as well as the Lux and is definitely much noisier than any vacuum I have ever used. Performance is very average. Is now a permanent resident of my workshop, coupled up to a tube for catching wood dust and also cleaning the floor. I do not recommend it to any user with carpet flooring. Unless you can remove hearing aides.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    Nat. W

Nat. WMurray Region, NSW

Fantastic suction!

Great vac compared to the bagless ones I have used. Excellent suction, lightweight and easy to move around. Picks up cat hair no problem. Only negative is that this model only comes with cheap plastic non adjustable wand which can fall apart while vacuuming if you don't keep pushing it back in. Am considering purchasing a steel adjustable wand.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
    Pixie37

Pixie37IPSWICH

Vax wet/dry vacuum

The Vax VX40 wet/dry vac is a brilliant little drum type vacuum. Has great suction and capacity. Is also very easy to manoeuvre around the house. In my opinion, I think the only thing that lets down this model of Vax is the plastic vacuum tube. It has a tendency to warp whilst vacuuming which makes getting through thick pile carpet a little time consuming because you don't want to put too much pressure on the vacuum tube.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Kayla Vernon

Kayla Vernonasked

How do you use the vax to wash the carpets

Bob C

Sorry I can't help with this question as we have a carpet cleaner that we've used for years and it is very efficient. I note that there are a lot of unused attachments in the bottom of the box so I expect that these would somehow get put together for carpet cleaning. Presumably the manual would show you how to. Regards

Daniel K.

Daniel K.asked

how to refit outlet filter? - not in handbook. And where are parts and nos. listed? Daniel.

Frankie

Frankieasked

Is this vacuum cleaner suitable to use on a stenciled concrete patio. It has a sort of 'rough' texture, also is the wand very long as i don't like to bend due to back problems. Thank You

Palerang

yes, this is quite a basic vacuum, no fancy moving parts or things to break. The wand is in bits, plastic, and is longer than my old crappy Hoover. The head is quite basic, plastic, but it swivels around and I think it works well. Small head too so it gets into things. The only annoying thing is buying it bags, it's the one vacuum that Bunnings don't sell bags for.

Bob C

Frankie, I am 70 also with a bad back. Unless you're very tall, the handle is long enough to use without much strain on back. There will always be some strain with vacuum cleaners. As for the stenciled concrete patio, I think that would be much like patterned vinyl tiles which we have and the vax lifts the dirt up when we use the carpet setting. Hope this helps
    Bob

Get an answer from our members and Vax representatives