Vax VX40

Vax VX40

MPNs: 3114, VAX-VX40 and VX40

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (0) · No (1)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (1)
Allan H.

Allan H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Doesn't have shampoo mode like the first vax how poor

Wish it had insert like the original vax I feel totally ripped off now I need to find an old one to clean my carpet. Thanks alot for a poor product should of kept it the same as first one it's like I've downgraded

Purchased in December 2020 at Target Australia for $99.00.

Bob C

Bob CBrisbane

Much better value and more efficient than some big priced items like Dyson.

We had an expensive piece of garbage than just stopped about a month out of warranty. To even evaluate it for repair would have cost over $100 ("These are very difficult to fix") were the exact words so we went to Bunnings and purchased the Vax and haven't looked back. We had a Vax previously and it lasted 10 years but my wife was talked into an expensive one that not only was useless but also hurt your back. The moral is "if you find a reliable product stick with it and don't listen to the hype of salesmen oops salespersons.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Nat gone mad

Nat gone mad

Best vacuum cleaner I've ever had

Great vacuum cleaner. Good suction and it can hold a fair amount of rubbish before the bag needs to be replaced. We also us it in reverse and blow down the veranda with it. It wheels great. Nice and smooth and never tips over. The only negative of this vacuum is I don't like it's head. It's just too simple. Perhaps add some more detail or soft bit on the bottom.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Vax VX40 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Palerang

PalerangSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Plain and simple, and it works

I bought this vacuum cleaner after using the same type at our ski lodge. and because I absolutely hated my horrible Hoover Pet one, which was (and still is) useless.

You can actually use this without the dust bag and I tried that, but decided it's probably better with a bag. Have been working through the bags at Bunnings, but so far no luck, but you can get these bags on eBay for less than the official price.

It's noisy but not too bad, it sucks up stuff including off a hard floor (which stumped the Hoover) and I can use the Hoover's attachments too, but haven't bothered yet. Nice long cord, very portable (I have lots of steps), and it WORKS.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Markothesharko

MarkothesharkoMelbourne

Good for a workshop vac

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Fred

Fred

Poor

The Wet filter is extremely fragile. It Tore while i was putting it on. I Would not recommend this cleaner for anyone wanting to use it on wet areas. The Suction appears to be good and the hose clip and handle are good, but bearing in mind the poor quality of the foam filter, worry that it's just not going to be good value.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Wish I'd known it had a dust bag

Someone said this vacuum doesn't have a dust bag. It does. It only comes with one and they are expensive. I wish I'd known that when I bought it. I wouldn't have. Also it is very noisy and doesn't suck very well. The plastic head is too small and feels flimsy. I bought it to clean up wood dust and shavings but it has a hard time with that.
I ended up sweeping up most into a dustpan. I'm really not happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
james

jameswangan

no frills power

this vaccum is good value for money, plenty of power makes easy going for hard floors and carpet. the unit sounds like a jet aircraft and is quite noisy to operate.hoses and wand tubes are flimsy and the replacement bags are expensive but for under a hundred dollars it's pretty good

Date PurchasedNov 2017
cos lettuce

cos lettuceFrankston

Great extension. cant live without.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Vax VX40 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Kylie

Kylie

It's great... except for one thing

This vacuum is great, I use it everyday
But there is one thing I didn't really like & that is the vacuum head, both tube & head is plastic & the head doesn't do very good on carpet because of the fantastic suction it just doesn't move, but other then that it is a great vacuum, :)

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Pebbles

PebblesYarralumla

best ever

This is the best vacuum I"ve ever owned, It works on Wet and Dry floors. No bag, so there's no extra money that you need to spend ever. Plus it was on sale on one of the bargain websites, it was call cudo.com. It was a steal 40 deleivered to my door.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Lou

LouTasmania

Good, noisy, very noisy.

Purchased last December to try and clean the carpets a little and replace my aging Electrolux. Does not vacuum as well as the Lux and is definitely much noisier than any vacuum I have ever used. Performance is very average. Is now a permanent resident of my workshop, coupled up to a tube for catching wood dust and also cleaning the floor. I do not recommend it to any user with carpet flooring. Unless you can remove hearing aides.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Nat. W

Nat. WMurray Region, NSW

Fantastic suction!

Great vac compared to the bagless ones I have used. Excellent suction, lightweight and easy to move around. Picks up cat hair no problem. Only negative is that this model only comes with cheap plastic non adjustable wand which can fall apart while vacuuming if you don't keep pushing it back in. Am considering purchasing a steel adjustable wand.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Pixie37

Pixie37IPSWICH

Vax wet/dry vacuum

The Vax VX40 wet/dry vac is a brilliant little drum type vacuum. Has great suction and capacity. Is also very easy to manoeuvre around the house. In my opinion, I think the only thing that lets down this model of Vax is the plastic vacuum tube. It has a tendency to warp whilst vacuuming which makes getting through thick pile carpet a little time consuming because you don't want to put too much pressure on the vacuum tube.

Date PurchasedDec 2016