Vets Own

Vets Own

Poor service from vets own

Dog insured at high premium cost since 2001 with very little claimed. Calls are answered by an o/s call centre these people are polite but have no authority to help. Requests to speak to vets own staff are not possible. I am waiting for a response. Hopefully I will get one. My complaint is that after all these years I continued to pay my premiums and now my premium is being increased because increasing age may increase the chance of a claim.

Also a recorded message is very offensive warning you that you had better be honest. Listen to it. unbelievable
    I am sorry that I did not my homework and regret my association with Vets own.
    Olive Morgan

Insurance claim madeNo

Look else where

Have been trying to get them for over a week on the phone no answer!!!!. Have been 10. 000 dollars in premiums to this company and they have refused to pay 2 claims. I am try to make another foe dogs eye ulcer wish me luck. If they don't pay out I will be taking it further. They are just about taking our money. Look for a more caring insurance company they will pay the claim.

Insurance claim madeYes
    Mark J

Mark JBrisbane

Steer clear of Vets Own

Steve9219

Steve9219AU

Will not pay claim.

We loged a legitimate claim after an illness with our cat and the claim was rejected after jumping through many hoops eg. Send us all records of previous vet visits and any past treatments. We can't get in contact by phone to dispute the rejection and currently no response to our letter. Now taking action against them.

will not pay claim, will not take calls and no response to mail.

Hoarau
    Hoarau

Axle6

Axle6Townsville

Best avoided!

Uncaring

Oceanandsea

OceanandseaAU

Now managed by Petsure and the policies on offer no longer apply

azzi

thank-you really helpful, thanks for sharing all your research and hard work, I have been completely put off of purchasing pet insurance...maybe that bank account is a good place to put my premium payments!

Joyquilt
    Joyquilt

Thanks so much. I won't be getting pet insurance now, even though vet suggested to get for first year... Most of them don't even pay for the expensive desexing. So really don't see the point with all the hassle involved.

Terrible

Slack slack, slack....Got better things to do than be on hold only to be told I would get a call back that never happens......
    To bad for you guys I went to petplan.... so don't worry about the call back now....
    HMMMMM Still waiting for a call back....
    Well it would nice if one of the consultants could actually call me back to talk about insurance... Oh well time to go elsewhere.. If you can't talk to aperson to get insurance imagine if you actually ahd a claim..

pearlya

pearlya

Terrible

Since my last query I have not heard from them and have now joined another plan thank you very much!
    Do not know
    no reply to queries

Claire00

Claire00Brisbane

Disappointed

Carol41
    Carol41
    azzi

appalling! thanks for letting potential customers know like me know, we learn so much from these types of feedback! will definitely avoid!

cbear15

cbear15South East Queensland, QLD

Good

I phoned around a few companies and joined up with vets own - I thought the policy seemed the best for our needs - so far I am really happy - have made a few claims - which were processed quickly - our vet recommends this insurance too .
    affordable happy with service and claims
    phone lines are too busy - long hold times

Fantastic company. My beloved dog got lymphoma, had many complications during chemo and was a great dane so big bills. Not once was there any slowness or query on the treatments, tests and investigations. They helped make a sad and scary journey better. Thank you. Highly recommended and for my next pet even though they don't take more clients now for Vets Own, I will be signing up with the new Company.
    Helpful, quick to process claims.
    Sometimes the payments get messed up