• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (8)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (9) · No (3)
Critters

Critters

Outstanding Service

I find the procedure for making a claim easy and the settlement is very fast and efficient. The customer service is very good. I would highly recommend Prosure Pet Insurance

Jasmine T.

Jasmine T.Hall 2618, ACT

Worst company AVOID!!!!

Been with the company since my dog was a pup. The older she got the higher the rates went & they put the rates up without notification at all. They put the rate up twice in 1 year. You have to physically mail them details for your claim. They’re over priced. The phone service is terrible.

Claim MadeYes
Emma

EmmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid! Bad value for money, make every claim difficult!

AVOID!!! Have been a member for a long time, and would have changed last time we had an issue, but my dog was too old to get insurance anywhere else. Always ask for vet history, even though it was irrelevant to the claim. Provided history for the first and only claim in 2018. Go to claim again, for the second time, and ask for more history. Dodgy. The matter wasn't preexisting.

David H

David HMelbourne, Victoria

Bad value for money.

For every claim they ask for paperwork that they know I couldn't possibly have (vet records from before I rescued her, even though we have a report from when we adopted her that she was in good health). So despite waiting they could insure my dog, there refuse to pay out for the claims. To make matters worse they are only contactable by post. They don't answer the phone and never reply to emails. They wont even let me cancel my membership because they went acknowledge any contact attempts. Absolute waste of money!

Great Pet Insurance

Very happy with Prosure Pet Insurance. It's a reasonable rate to pay per month with a great rebate on costs when our dog was sick. I would highly recommend prosure to my friends and have already.

Helen G.

Helen G.Hunter Region, NSW

Fantastic cover for my 6yo chow chow

I ensured my now 6year old dog at about 5 months of age. Over the years she has had many vet visits. Prosure has been fantastic. It is easy to lodge a claim, the respond very quickly and have a detailed overview of the treatment/cost/refund. I have been majorly impressed and am so glad I went with Prosure.

Clare

ClarePerth, WA

Fantastic product and great company to deal with

Three years. Found them efficient and friendly. Helped me with any concerns I have had. Policy was great value for money. More cover and less cost than other pet insurance companies

John Smith

John Smith

So far okay.... but premium increase is a joke

This company is a joke

Go with another provider!
You can only claim via mail. I pay less in car insurance. Customer service is non-existent. We've tried numerous times to update our details yet they still have the incorrect information on file.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Excellent Service

I have been very impressed with Prosure Pet Insurance. Our German Shepherd has had a number of health issues. Our claims have processed promptly and without delay. I am very happy with Prosure.

tj2005

tj2005Perth, WA

Couldn't recommend ProSure more

So glad we had Prosure pet insurance

Everyone hopes they won't need to use their insurance. We were so grateful we had taken out Prosure as our 8 month old puppy ate a foreign object and required major surgeries. Prosure was efficient with the claims and we are so pleased we had used them. And we can also be paid $150 towards his desexing.

Lorraine

LorraineSouth Australia

Excellent cover

I have been with prosure pet insurance for ten years never had a problem claiming very prompt at processing claim the only thing I would like to see is that you can email your cla!m instead of posting it

Grace

GraceGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad enough when nothing bad has happened

DISAPPOINTING

Our 6 month old puppy got desexed 2 weeks ago, we got $150 back from that. however, her stitches then burst resulting in $3000 emergency surgery. Prosure rejected our claim saying it is "complication of surgery". This was a completely different surgery. What is the point of paying $100 a month for the top insurance cover if only $150 out of our $4500 claims has been paid?

Find out how Prosure compares to other Pet Insurance

Best money spent......for piece of mind for your pet

I have had Prosure platinum cover for my Airedale since we got her as an 8wk old puppy........she is now 8yr old and its the BEST thing we ever did.
To have the piece of mind that you have the support and backing of this insurance is a blessing.......... we have well and truly needed this insurance over her life thus far, and use it regularly
Prosure are professional and very helpful. :-)
My only negative is the claim system (even though its very good) Claims are submitted via paper form and must be posted. Therefore, the claim does take 1-2wks to go through due to postal system.
Prosure, you need an online claims process ASAP

Nene

NeneHunter Region, NSW

Prosure is furfect for pet insurance

I have been with Prosure for 9yrs & 3 German Shepherds. Claims have been easy & paid quickly. I recommend them without hesitation. Great service & piece of mind for my fur babies

Amt

AmtSydney Surrounds, NSW

Happy to take premiums but very hard to claim. Do not recommend

Both my cat and puppy are insured by Prosure. Unfortunately both had claims, first puppy injured his paw last year, claim was rejected as pre existing. Then late last year cat got in a fight with another cat, once again rejected as pre existing. I dont know how accidents are pre exisitng condition. Luckily they were both small claims and didnt cost huge sums of money. Cant trust them if i ever needed to claim for a major vet bill.

Also claims need to be mailed not email and when i sent via ordinary mail first response was that they didnt recieve them so had to redo the vet forms and invoices.

The claims process is very tedious and hard.

Blanco cooktop

Blanco cooktopPerth, WA

Since changing to overseas call centre

This company had great staff who could answer your questions in a heartbeat, since they changed to overseas staff the customer service has been apalling. Wrong information, when you place a claim you get 8 emails which you don’t know if it’s hacking or not. They don’t notify you of any issues, you have to phone up.

Susan

SusanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Life saver, quick to process claims & friendly helpful advice

4 years, I have two dogs insured.
Our rescue dog developed Cushing disease at 2years of age, regular blood tests and lifelong medication. Prosure has been fantastic, such a relief to have to not worry about the ongoing treatment costs.

Insurance claim madeYes

besty

bestyasked

Prosure

Which is the best bonafide pet insurance?

There is none
All of them are backed by Holland Capital and have almost identifical policies
The only difference is the bonus and the customer service

judy

judyasked

Prosure

I notice Prosure Pet Insurance and RSPCA Pet Insurance have the same mailing address, can anyone explain this to me I am a little confused, having opened a new policy with RSPCA pet Insurance after ceasing my policy with Prosure due to my dissatisfaction?

Nikt19
Nikt19

they are the same thing: australia wide there is only 1 underwriter across all insurances....maybe only Allianz is independent...thus making the pet insurance world a mono/oligo-poly

wendy and pepi
wendy and pepi

Hi Judy, cannot answer your query about the mailing address, but I am looking to cancel my Prosure policy due to dissatisfaction. They have refused to pay my claims, despite letters from my vet etc. I hope you have more luck with the RSPCA insurance.

Lyn
Lyn

All Pet Insurers eg RSPCA, Aust Post, Coles and more are under the umbrella of Holland Insures, Pet Sure is the company that looks after all the claims for all insurers and is based on commission. Pet Sure is offshore company in the Philippines . So your not dealing with Australian people, your dealing with Philippinos ggggrrrrr and any one considering pet insurance think again its a giant rip off as I've lost $2,500 aud and that's a lot of money

Compare all 3 Prosure