Victa Classic Cut VCS467

Victa Classic Cut VCS467

MPN: 881887

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

RichardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Victa's value compromise

The fact a lot of people think this is a great mower speaks to Australia's low expectations of quality.
It's functional, but obvioulsy very cheaply made - my concern is that Victa have gone below a fit-for-purpose standard in saving cost on this line. For example, the flimsy plastic throttle control that breaks off when you use it - how hard can it be to make a simple part like that?
When using it I heard a lot of rattling and metallic bumping such that it felt like it was going to fly apart; not very confidence inspiring. And no, it didn't cut very well (underpowered) or catch very well.

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tough workhorse

This mower I bought to replace my 36 year old 2 stroke Victa. I wanted a 4 stroke. This is so much quieter and easier to push. Starts 1st go and cute well. So far very reliable.. it's a Victa!

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Vic

Vic

As of March 2019, they are made in China

In March 2019, production of the Bunnings Victa Mowers changed - they are now made in China, instead of being made in Australia.

They look similar, but this is how you can tell the difference:
The old Aussie built ones have the Handlebar screwed to the top of the chassis, while the Chinese ones have the bottom of the handlebar screwed to the sides of the chassis. Chinese one has a rubber grip on the handlebar, Aussie ones you're grabbing the bare metal handlebar.

The Chinese model also has cheaper wheels, it's too early to tell about the Paintwork quality/ if it will rust out.

If I need a new mower, I will either buy a Victa 2-Stroke or buy an Aldi Gardenline Mower for $139 when they go on sale every October/November.

Purchased in June 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Ray CSouth East Queensland, QLD

So far, so good

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Very Impressed

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

savvy shopperMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lite, Zippy & a cut above

I have a medium size yard and as a single mum try to do most of my own garden maintenance. This mower is easy to start and mows my lawns with easy maneuverability. I usually have to refill in between the 4th & 5th cut so once ever 3 months. It is light & compact and packs neatly away in my small shed. Perhaps a little more expensive than some of the cheaper mowers on the market however the extra dollars are well spent. Love my Victa!

Purchased in March 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $478.00.

Miller

MillerSydney, NSW

Great machine

Great machine very easy to manoervure and simple to operate

Great for a flat land or gentle slops not so good on a very high slop

Battery isn’t as good as i was told by the sales person

Cather is a decent size for a residential home use

next time i would buy same brand but the petrol one

Very happy with it

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Meza

MezaFar North Queensland, QLD

Loving it..

We got this victa lawn mower the other week. And we are loving it. For a smaller size it goes really well. There is a peep hole, to see how far the grass is in the catcher, which is really convenient. Also it is nice a light, a starts instantly. We are really happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
beachsider

beachsiderSydney, NSW

Super Reliable!

I bought the Victa classic cut lawnmower from Bunnings two years ago after having experienced breakdown twice with Ryobi mowers and I couldn't be happier. It's super reliable in all conditions with very little maintenance required except oil change every few months, it starts in one or two attempts every time and catcher does a brilliant job. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Grimace

GrimaceBrisbane

Great Lawn Mower

Having used cheaper lawn mowers in the past few years, they all ended up having issues. It was about time I paid a bit more and I wish I did sooner. This victa lawn mower is well built, the quality is excellent, i love the plastic catcher and its great on fuel. Would buy victa again!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

banjo

banjo

You can't beat a victa

Have only had this mower a short time but it works perfectly. Starts first go and it's a lot quieter then my last mower although it was about 15 years old. Would have preferred 4 blades but 2 is sufficient. The throttle cable could be somewhat shorter then it is & the oil cap could have been placed elsewhere instead of under the starter cord handle although that is just a very minor problem. Also, you can not drain the oil without tipping the mower on its side as there is no drain valve underneath like there is with my old mower. Overall tho, this is a great mower & worth the money.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Victa Classic Cut - Slow but reliable

I bought the “Victa classic cut” $399 from Bunnings yesterday, I wanted to buy a victa 2 stroke but was told victa don’t make 2 stroke anymore ?? What do I notice, yes starts easily and the motor is SLOW especially when your used to a 2 stroke. I used to power through with my 2 stroke but and now with my 4 stroke it is like an old steam engine. Yes reliable and cut the grass which hasn’t been cut for 4 months, got the job done.
Feels like a quality albeit slow.
PS: the lovely guy at Bunnings put it together for me.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

ReviewGuru

ReviewGuruPerth, WA

A reasonable petrol lawn mower

Date PurchasedAug 2015

MMalty

MMaltyOcean reef

Good

Motor produced black smoke just after 2 minutes of start. However it appeared that it was my fault because I added more oil than I should do. I typically added 1 liter instead of 450 CL I was given a replacement from Buntings and I can see it work OK now. So far it looks quite efficient.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
OurSecret

OurSecretNSW, 2758

Workhorse of my gardening business

The most reliable mower I have had. Victa were always good but this model starts every time, has a good catcher, isn't too noisy, and cuts to the set level accurately. I am finished quickly, clients are happy, and it wasn't the most expensive I could buy. So all good!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
may

may

Delighted Customer

I bought ours in Bunnings 2 years ago
Im happy with this mower as it is easy to start. our old mower only husband could use coz its so hard to start. with this one wife can also cut grass without asking husband to start the mower. winning in life!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Belltower

BelltowerMalvern

Really reliable mower

This has been a pretty much flawless run three years in. No issues to report and still running like a clock. I don't love the catcher design compared to the old Victas and it can clog up a bit in the chute if the grass is damp (just takes second to clear) bit apart from that, this is a great mower. Always starts and gets the job done nicely

Date PurchasedOct 2015

AARON C

AARON C

4.5 yeas still going strong

Purchased the VICTA CLASSIC over 4 years ago
Have changed the oil about 3 times.
Cleaned the air filter about 4 times.
Sharpened the blades twice.
Hose clippings off after use every 2-3 use.
If you tip the mower to the left (blows smoke)
If you tip the mower to the right (leaks fuel)
Servicing can be a pain
I live in north QLD AUS so summer co-ensides with wet season. 6 months of the year i mow the lawn every weekend on an everage size house block.
Only problem i have, when the grass is damp the catcher dosent work very well.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Lucy

LucyBallarat

Great for small garden

My partner loves his lawn mower! We only have a small garden so works a treat! Great that we are able to use with or with out the catcher. Very simple and easy to push. Cuts grass at many different lengths! The fact I enjoy using it means it must be pretty good! (I don’t like garden)

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Rozzy71

Rozzy71Camberwell

Good Old Victa!

I went straight over to the Victas when I was buying this, yeah yeah, I am sure they are made overseas like everything else bu they still make me feel sentimental! This works very well and I have had no issues with it. It has been extremely reliable despite sitting for long periods sometimes. I occasionally have to bend over and scoop the clippings out of the catcher tunnel but that's about it, Always starts and can handle overgrown grass too!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017