Victa Classic Cut VCS467

Victa Classic Cut VCS467

Great machine

Great machine very easy to manoervure and simple to operate

Great for a flat land or gentle slops not so good on a very high slop

Battery isn’t as good as i was told by the sales person

Cather is a decent size for a residential home use

next time i would buy same brand but the petrol one

Very happy with it

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Product is used: Weekly

Loving it..

We got this victa lawn mower the other week. And we are loving it. For a smaller size it goes really well. There is a peep hole, to see how far the grass is in the catcher, which is really convenient. Also it is nice a light, a starts instantly. We are really happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Super Reliable!

I bought the Victa classic cut lawnmower from Bunnings two years ago after having experienced breakdown twice with Ryobi mowers and I couldn't be happier. It's super reliable in all conditions with very little maintenance required except oil change every few months, it starts in one or two attempts every time and catcher does a brilliant job. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great Lawn Mower

Having used cheaper lawn mowers in the past few years, they all ended up having issues. It was about time I paid a bit more and I wish I did sooner. This victa lawn mower is well built, the quality is excellent, i love the plastic catcher and its great on fuel. Would buy victa again!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

You can't beat a victa

Have only had this mower a short time but it works perfectly. Starts first go and it's a lot quieter then my last mower although it was about 15 years old. Would have preferred 4 blades but 2 is sufficient. The throttle cable could be somewhat shorter then it is & the oil cap could have been placed elsewhere instead of under the starter cord handle although that is just a very minor problem. Also, you can not drain the oil without tipping the mower on its side as there is no drain valve underneath like there is with my old mower. Overall tho, this is a great mower & worth the money.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Victa Classic Cut - Slow but reliable

I bought the “Victa classic cut” $399 from Bunnings yesterday, I wanted to buy a victa 2 stroke but was told victa don’t make 2 stroke anymore ?? What do I notice, yes starts easily and the motor is SLOW especially when your used to a 2 stroke. I used to power through with my 2 stroke but and now with my 4 stroke it is like an old steam engine. Yes reliable and cut the grass which hasn’t been cut for 4 months, got the job done.
Feels like a quality albeit slow.
PS: the lovely guy at Bunnings put it together for me.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

A reasonable petrol lawn mower

I have always preferred electric lawn mowers personally. The power cord can be a challenge though, so I was keen to try a petrol option. The Victa has a good reputation, so I eventually settled on this lawn mower.

I am reasonably happy with the lawn mower and it has served me well over the last 3 years. I am still using the original blades and I am yet to have the engine serviced.

After about 6 months the gasket around the spark plug starting oozing oil. I was not happy about this, but I have managed to control the oozing by tightening the retaining bolts. When I get it serviced I will replace the gasket.

Fuel consumption is reasonably good and 2 liters of petrol will see me through the mowing season on my 500 square meter block.

I don't miss tripping over the power cord of my old electric mower, but I do miss the quieter motor which allowed me to mow the lawn early in the morning without upsetting the neighbors.

This lawn mower is a good work horse and I am happy with it.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Good

Motor produced black smoke just after 2 minutes of start. However it appeared that it was my fault because I added more oil than I should do. I typically added 1 liter instead of 450 CL I was given a replacement from Buntings and I can see it work OK now. So far it looks quite efficient.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Workhorse of my gardening business

The most reliable mower I have had. Victa were always good but this model starts every time, has a good catcher, isn't too noisy, and cuts to the set level accurately. I am finished quickly, clients are happy, and it wasn't the most expensive I could buy. So all good!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Delighted Customer

I bought ours in Bunnings 2 years ago
Im happy with this mower as it is easy to start. our old mower only husband could use coz its so hard to start. with this one wife can also cut grass without asking husband to start the mower. winning in life!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Really reliable mower

This has been a pretty much flawless run three years in. No issues to report and still running like a clock. I don't love the catcher design compared to the old Victas and it can clog up a bit in the chute if the grass is damp (just takes second to clear) bit apart from that, this is a great mower. Always starts and gets the job done nicely

Date PurchasedOct 2015

4.5 yeas still going strong

Purchased the VICTA CLASSIC over 4 years ago
Have changed the oil about 3 times.
Cleaned the air filter about 4 times.
Sharpened the blades twice.
Hose clippings off after use every 2-3 use.
If you tip the mower to the left (blows smoke)
If you tip the mower to the right (leaks fuel)
Servicing can be a pain
I live in north QLD AUS so summer co-ensides with wet season. 6 months of the year i mow the lawn every weekend on an everage size house block.
Only problem i have, when the grass is damp the catcher dosent work very well.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Great for small garden

My partner loves his lawn mower! We only have a small garden so works a treat! Great that we are able to use with or with out the catcher. Very simple and easy to push. Cuts grass at many different lengths! The fact I enjoy using it means it must be pretty good! (I don’t like garden)

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good Old Victa!

I went straight over to the Victas when I was buying this, yeah yeah, I am sure they are made overseas like everything else bu they still make me feel sentimental! This works very well and I have had no issues with it. It has been extremely reliable despite sitting for long periods sometimes. I occasionally have to bend over and scoop the clippings out of the catcher tunnel but that's about it, Always starts and can handle overgrown grass too!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Reasonable lawn mower for the average yard

This is a typical example of a brand-name product built to a budget. The deck is great and powdercoated for longevity and the Briggs and Stratton motor is solid, so long as you replace the oil at least once a year (along with the blades).

The pushbar and the wheels are clearly where the budget cuts were. The metal used on the bar feels weak and flimsy, as do the cheapo hard plastic wheels.

That being said, this mower has served me since 2015 and shows no signs of slowing down. Towards the end of the year I am looking at upgrading to a ~$800 mower with a bigger motor and quality parts all over.

For the average yard this mower will work just fine. Enjoy your purchase!

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Perfect for us

We purchased this mower with confidence as it was a Victa and it didnt let us down .
We have a medium sized yard and its no problem, leaving a smooth cut with minimal fuss.
It is easy to start with my partner having bo issues with starting and using .
Very happy and fully recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Brilliant lawn mower

I purchased my victa lawn mower from Bunnings and it’s worth every cent. It’s very easy to start and manoeuvre (I am a lady). It cuts your lawn, nice and evenly and catches all the cut grass, not leaving clumps everywhere. My dad had a victa for over 30 years and he swears by them, so I followed in his footsteps. It’s so easy to use, I highly recommend and I have a bad back, but this mower makes it so easy

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Engine is good

Did lots of research between Masport and Victa classic, finally chosed Victa classic cut. Engine is good,easy to start, running smoothly without much noise. Lightweight and easy to operate, even my 10 years old girl could do the mowing. Except the engine, rest body parts look cheap and fragile. Within one minute after running the machine, one wheel cover fell off.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great Mower From Victa

Its got the classic Aussie Victa name although its almost certainly not made here anymore but this Victa really can take a whipping. I am a very lazy gardener and only do the lawns when the guilt creeps in that I am letting the street down if I don't and so I am usually cutting overgrown grass. This thing just walks right through it without slowing down.
It has given me precisely no problems since I have had it and I often leave old petrol in it and it still starts easily every time
Maybe it won't last for 20 years like the old Victas but it has a strong motor and runs really well.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

1 year in - never missed a beat. Annihilates thick grass!

I returned a terrible Honda mower that cost double this and got this instead.
It has heaps of grunt, i'm really happy with it, never clogs up with grass, and is easy to push.
I get lazy and leave my lawn for weeks, so I need something with grunt - this thing just *chops* through long summer grass.
Briggs and Stratton baby.

Date PurchasedJun 2017