See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

dissappointing

The belt that drives the self propulsion continuously dislodges so you spend most of time repairing this machine. It was recommended to me for my size garden but it cannot handle it.

Purchased in December 2015 for $700.00.

Excellent value for money

Upgraded from a 147cc to this 163cc Corvette 300. Very smooth operation, so easy to start with a light pull. My lawn is kikiyu, thick blade grass and cut it without any problem what so ever. Bought from Stanford mowers in Adelaide.

Purchased in November 2019 for $499.00.

Juan G.

Juan G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect Mower Extremely Reliable has never let me down

I purchased this mower in January of 2019 it has lasted me roughly about eight months and I never had any problem with this Victa Mower I have installed an hour meter on this mower about 2 days ago and the meter works really well I always like to have reliable gardening equipment I do not like to have unreliable gardening equipment

Juan

Purchased in January 2019.

Product is used: Daily
Gavin V.

Gavin V.Perth, WA

Push button start

Love this lawn mower. Easy to push around and easy to start. I like how the starting battery just slides on and off like a portable tool battery. It also shows remaining power by led bars. Plenty of grunt.

Purchased in March 2008 for $700.00.

Kim H.

Kim H.North Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

I'm disappointed that we choose this mower. It is very heavy to push and difficult to start. I wouldn't recommend it for ladies or older people. More times than not I can't get it started which is extremely frustrating.

Purchased in June 2018 for $849.00.

R.singh

R.singhSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

I bought this on 31st March 2019. It's a new model with red strap handle and washport as well. It's Corvette 200. When you check specifications on victa website it doesn’t tell that it has washport as well.
Used it next day it’s less noisy for sure. Best thing I like is height adjustable handle which is Great. Power wise it’s not that great, it struggles to stay on with no four cuttting position, very disappointing. I had to cut the lawns on no five position then again on no four. Uses lot of petrol also. May be it was not full. Starts first pull which is good.
Under powered and poor fuel consumption. If Victa has satisfaction guarantee I maybe think to return it. I'm sure grass was not too tall that the engine has to struggle.

Purchased in March 2019 at Browns plains Mowers for $399.00.

Ross k

Ross kCentral Queensland, QLD

Way to slow!

It’s a heavy mower so not so nimble to turn it around. Motor is powerful cuts long grass with ease. Unfortunately it’s self propelled drive is soooo slow. I could use a push mower in half the time. I found I was trying to push it to help it along shame it’s a big let down due to lack of speed

Purchased in February 2018.

Not happy

Not happySydney, NSW

The self propelled mechanism is fundamentally flawed. Buy a Honda

The drive mechanism routinely fails to engage and once engage cannot be disengaged. On to my second gearbox and exactly the same problem. The drive belt has now come off and I have been told this happens when the gearbox/belt mechanism becomes clogged with grass. A bit of a problem for a mower! Reverted back to my old and reliable Honda, 10+ years old and has never missed a beat.

Purchased in September 2016.

bjrCentral West, NSW

Great mower

Purchased in March 2019 for $459.00.

Hoemmel

HoemmelHobart, TAS

Cheap construction and don't honour warranty

Self-propelled mechanism is not sealed after a while the clutch does not release anymore.
The mower was just over 2 years old and I was asked to pay for the repairs. After pointing out a 4 year warranty Victa agreed to pay for the cable and I had to pay close to $90.00 for labour.

Purchased in December 2016 for $990.00.

Barry

BarryBrisbane

Warning - I bought a lemon!

Eighteen months ago I bought a new Victa corvette 200 with Briggs and Stratton 4 stroke. I have a small suburban block in Brisbane and have used Victas for 40 years.
The Briggs and Stratton engine gave major problems associated with the plastic carby from the outset, even though clean, 91 grade, non-alcohol fuel was always used. Sick of paying for repairs!!!
I have dumped this mower, not wanting to pass on the problem!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Peterb666

Peterb666Merimbula

Could be better

Date PurchasedOct 2015

bob

bobHervey Bay , Qld ,Australia

Pleasure to mow ,,

No body really likes mowing there yard , but when you have a new or old and effective mower like a Victor it takes the boredom out of it,,makes it effortless and makes a hard job easy ,never any trouble with the catcher , always starts first go ,adjustment is easy ,no trouble to use ,,,

Date PurchasedMay 2011

Robbie

RobbieNSW, 2335

Victa is still making great mowers.

I really like the fact that it starts first go. It is light to push and move around edges etc. If convenience is what you’re after, then the Corvette 200 is perfect because it cuts the grass neatly. The rigid plastic grass catcher is easy to remove, empty and replace.
It is designed and assembled in Australia and it has the functionality and the durability that I like. Victa offers a 3-year domestic warranty as well.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Rachit Dhasmana

Rachit DhasmanaGlen Waverley

No hassles at all

BEing using it for almost 6 months now, works seamlessly.
starts on the first time, mow the lawn as I wish to.

Bought it from mowerPwer Mount waverley, their friendly staff helped me finalize the right one for me.
PRice matched with fuel and oil topped up and all assembled, so you are good to go instantly.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Fairway19

Fairway19Melbourne

Always Starts First Time

They sure do have mowers better designed than when I was a kid. This thing starts first time every time, no matter how long I leave it between starts. It does an excellent crisp cut and. My previous mower was a super cheapie with straight blades, so I appreciate the swing blade design as I have the odd ock at my place. It fairly quiet being a 4 stroke. The catcher deign could be better. I Liked the old style Victa ones but I guess they make them this way to save money. It's a solid and reliable mower.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Joanne

JoanneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is a first start mower

This mower is the best price for its value and performance. I don't get a problem even after summer as long as I have new fuel and oil and sparkplug she roars. I've found she has the power to do back and front lawns. I like the size of the catcher too.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Pedro

PedroNZ

Ooops i bought the wrong mower.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Mike

MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Solid machine

Very happy with this mower, cuts cleanly with the catcher and quite well with mulching plug. Motor appears sufficient for suburban block, no issues with power cutting longer grass. Starts easily (2nd pull), and very good on the fuel efficiency. Slightly heavier than expected, but did use a battery powered unit prior.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Ben

BenAdelaide

Best mower!

This mower is very easy to start. I have used it once a fortnight for the 6 months that I've used it. It has been very reliable, and easy to maintain. Changing the oil and replacing blades is very easy.
The wheels are smooth rolling and it doesn't take a lot of effort to maneuver it around the garden.

Date PurchasedSep 2017