Online store, Physical stores
See the Best Kitchenware Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Victoria's Basement

knaoko
knaokoSydney

Refused to replace the faulty product

I bought a fuel product and after the single use, the lid split and torn. I took it to the store in Artarmon for replacement. Rudely refused.

Why low stars?

Honstly after going through so many negative reviews, I was so reluctant to purchase via the website. But I decided to give it a go and see how it would be actually.
I bought quite a few things. The parcel came under good condition and each product was packed well. The delivery was quick as well.
I'll continue to buy from this merchant as price are really good.

BosleywoofSydney Surrounds, NSW

Flaw with Victoria’s Basement ordering system

Bosleywoof

Thanks for your response. As stated above I realise I should have double checked, however some warning in the VB checkout that the default customer VB address will not be used if the address on a payment platform is different would be very helpful.

Gillian
GillianMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Service

I have purchased many items from the online store and purchases have always arrived on time and the service has been fantastic, I have only had to call the customer service team once and could not be happier with their level of customer service.

Chantelle L.
Chantelle L.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

False advertising - waste of time and money

I purchased a set of glasses based on the images on their website. When they arrived they had hideous logos all over them that were etched into the glass and couldn’t be removed. This was not shown in any of the images online. Victoria’s basement refused to reimburse me the expensive shipping I had to pay to send them back for a refund. Don’t buy anything from this business. It’s a waste of time and money.

TroyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I wish I had bought from somewhere else

I ordered my pasta maker 6 weeks ago. Victorias Basement only sent it to Aus post 2 weeks ago (1 MONTH from my placing of the order). I am yet to receive my item.

Not only will I never buy from Victorias Basement again, I will also actively dissuade people from using them.

This is the worst online buying experience I have ever had.

Ever.

Andre
AndreGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Everything everyone has been saying is true. Expect LONG delivery times and no replies from customer service.

Crap service

Calling regarding my order , it’s going on 7 days , still has not moved ? No one answers emails , phone calls . Australian Business? My last fkd order for sure.

DropBearWrangler
DropBearWranglerSydney Surrounds, NSW

Quicker and Cheaper to Order From Overseas

A few days after placing an order with Victoria’s Basement I received a notice that it would take up to 14 business days to ship. This was blamed on COVID, and whilst there are delays due to the pandemic, it doesn’t take three weeks to organise shipping. Anyway, such a huge delay should have been flagged upfront. I waited the three weeks. Nothing was forthcoming and I also had no response to an email query. From past experience the only way to resolve these situations is dispute the purchase. After lodging a PayPal claim, my goods were miraculously despatched the next day.

Find out how Victoria's Basement compares to other Kitchenware Shops

Long delays waiting for order to arrive. I'm still waiting...Since 1st September 2021

Disappointed customer
Disappointed customerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Product did not arrive, no customer service or any opportunity to follow up. Currently out of pocket over $200.

Ordered knife set which has not arrived. Unable to contact anyone. No answer on phone and no response to emails

Store LocationSydney
Genevieve
Genevieve

Ordered more than a month ago. Still haven't received. No response either.

I placed an order more than a month ago. Haven't received any shipping notification. I also haven't received any reply to my email. I will never repurchase from here again. Worse service. Still waiting for my order or for any kind of correspondence.

Troy M.
Troy M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great team

First off thank you all that work there
I’m very happy to still be able to order and be able to buy from here I understand there are delays but with less people working and Australia post not being able to ship as frequently you have been left with all the negative abuse

BRUCE
BRUCEGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Disservice

Ann
AnnSydney, NSW

Long long time waiting

Long long waiting period and I sent email to ask about my order but no response at all. Still waiting ••••