Virgin Money Home Insurance

Virgin Money Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Virgin Money

1.5
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (1)

Virgin will do ANYTHING to get out of settling a legitimate claim, avoid them like the plague!

Davo
DavoJerrabomberra

Un -contactable

Just wanted to check some policy details card payment details but i got sick of waiting on the phone. Very very poor customer service , time to look elsewhere, sorry Virgin

Boris
BorisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Run away, better still not approach it at all

Kristi
Kristi

Monumentally bad, just a rip off.

After the first year they increased my premium by $200 or 18%. I have never made a claim with them. Then I tried to call, 20 min on hold later... still no answer.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Virgin Money Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Anti-Kogan
Anti-Kogan

Useless! They can’t even take out my premium

Have now chased them for 3 days and been told the same thing “it’ll be deducted overnight” - the policy says my premium was to be deducted from my CC in full 3 days ago and still nothing.
Absolutely incompetent - I will be cancelling this policy before it even starts and finding another insurer. They are beyond useless. Friendly but incompetent. Can only imagine the jacking around I’d get if I was making a claim.

James
JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Average at best if you want to pay only for the "bare bones policy"

Simon H
Simon HSydney Surrounds, NSW

No surprises on their rating

With CPI running at less than 2%, a decrease in crime rates in my area, a less than 2% increase in the home value and no claims ever, a renewal notice with an increase of 43% took me by complete surprise. However no amount of asking after being on the phone twice for a lengthy period of time, resulted in no explanation as to why the increase occurred. This company will not provide justification for the increase, and yet they wonder why I'm not renewing. Well done to Woolworths Insurance who bettered last years' price from Virgin Money. My advice, stay well away

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Chris
ChrisNSW, 2000

Can't fault the service

Every time I needed them for something, they were available, friendly and answered my queries. Premium is fair for my contents insurance, so here's to hoping it stays that way for a while!

Insurance claim madeNo

Terrible service, very friendly until you try and make a claim.

We held insurance for 3 years with Virgin, when our town experienced a major storm resulting in a majority of houses requiring roof repairs, virgin insurance tried everything to dispute our claim, then tried to deter us by threatening that if we went ahead with the claim our premium would increase immediately, which they did. We ended having to take the matter to the Insurance Ombudsman. Neighbours with other insurance companies were assisted without question. The whole experience has been horrific, we have since moved our business.

Insurance claim madeYes
Home and Contents Insurance

@#$%&ed by a VIRGIN

Same happened to me, mine went up $550, nearly what I paid for the whole policy last year, that was my first year with them as well !!! They told me because of the recent weather activity in the state, no where near me I might add, never insuring with them again !!!

Insurance claim madeNo