Virgin Money Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

No surprises on their rating

With CPI running at less than 2%, a decrease in crime rates in my area, a less than 2% increase in the home value and no claims ever, a renewal notice with an increase of 43% took me by complete surprise. However no amount of asking after being on the phone twice for a lengthy period of time, resulted in no explanation as to why the increase occurred. This company will not provide justification for the increase, and yet they wonder why I'm not renewing. Well done to Woolworths Insurance who bettered last years' price from Virgin Money. My advice, stay well away

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse
Claim MadeNo

Can't fault the service

Every time I needed them for something, they were available, friendly and answered my queries. Premium is fair for my contents insurance, so here's to hoping it stays that way for a while!

Insurance claim madeNo

Terrible service, very friendly until you try and make a claim.

We held insurance for 3 years with Virgin, when our town experienced a major storm resulting in a majority of houses requiring roof repairs, virgin insurance tried everything to dispute our claim, then tried to deter us by threatening that if we went ahead with the claim our premium would increase immediately, which they did. We ended having to take the matter to the Insurance Ombudsman. Neighbours with other insurance companies were assisted without question. The whole experience has been horrific, we have since moved our business.

Insurance claim madeYes

@#$%&ed by a VIRGIN

Same happened to me, mine went up $550, nearly what I paid for the whole policy last year, that was my first year with them as well !!! They told me because of the recent weather activity in the state, no where near me I might add, never insuring with them again !!!

Insurance claim madeNo

Exhorbanant Increase in Rates

I took out Virgin Home insurance on our property to save money and because I was happy with them as an airline. However when I got my first renewal the premium had increased by a whopping 105% - I couldn't believe it! I phoned them to see if it was a mistake and they gave me a story that it could be because of bad weather or other reasons, but didn't really know why it went up so much - in other words - just too bad! I don't usually change insurance companies frequently and had been with my previous insurer for many years. I can only deduce that they give you a good deal the 1st year and then they jack up their prices hoping you don't notice and they can just deduct the premium from your account. Good Bye Virgin Money - you will get no more business from me!