Virgin Money Travel Insurance International Comprehensive

1.6

DavidC

DavidCWestern Australia

Trip Cancellation Due to Medical Issue

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
green

green

Take out insurance before you purchase flight and accomodation

I had to cancel my trip to USA due to medical reasons. I submitted my claim only to find out that anything I purchased prior to taking out insurance was not covered. Getting my money back after the date of insurance was easy however the case manager never answered my calls or emails. Communication is poor.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim ApprovedYes
Insurance Cover ForAdult

Do not purchase this insurance

After being delayed in nz because plane had mechanical issues which put us 24 hrs behind schedule,we missed out connecting flights,then it cost $1600 for new flights in which virgin refused to cover any cost

DestinationAustralia
Travel Insurance

Find out how Virgin Money Travel Insurance International Comprehensive compares to other Travel Insurance

Mark

MarkVictoria

Load of Crap, Don’t purchase, Fraud

Car broken into, the window sill was ripped of but this isn’t classified as forced entry.
It happened roughly between 20.30-21.30
They claim it was out of daylight hours
Because on record sunset was at 20.26 that day.

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Kumar

KumarPerth, WA

This is complete fraud and worst travel insurance ever!

Requested a claim for overseas theft, and the Virgin travel insurance clearly declined without providing any valid reason. Seriously would not trust Virgin travel insurance or even recommend it to anyone. These people are just simply ripping people off in the name of travel insurance. I thought that even though I lost my luggage wroth $5k, I would still be able to rely on Virgin travel insurance, however i was clearly wrong. Virgin travel insurance is not worth it, I would recommend using other trustworthy travel insurance.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Medical
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Rebel

RebelNorth Queensland, QLD

Stay away from Allianz

Insurance claim madeYes

Don't ever use them

On a cruise ship I forgot my reading glasses in the men locker room. Within minutes I realized what happened I rushed back they were gone. I filed a report I submitted receipts, etc.
Response was: You were negligent by leaving them behind. Read the fine print. You take your eyes of the item you are not covered.

Insurance claim madeYes