Virgin Money Travel Insurance

Virgin Money Travel Insurance

Domestic Plans and International Plans

See the Best Travel Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Do not purchase this insurance

After being delayed in nz because plane had mechanical issues which put us 24 hrs behind schedule,we missed out connecting flights,then it cost $1600 for new flights in which virgin refused to cover any cost

DestinationAustralia

Mark

MarkVictoria

Load of Crap, Don’t purchase, Fraud

Car broken into, the window sill was ripped of but this isn’t classified as forced entry.
It happened roughly between 20.30-21.30
They claim it was out of daylight hours
Because on record sunset was at 20.26 that day.

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Kumar

KumarPerth, WA

This is complete fraud and worst travel insurance ever!

Requested a claim for overseas theft, and the Virgin travel insurance clearly declined without providing any valid reason. Seriously would not trust Virgin travel insurance or even recommend it to anyone. These people are just simply ripping people off in the name of travel insurance. I thought that even though I lost my luggage wroth $5k, I would still be able to rely on Virgin travel insurance, however i was clearly wrong. Virgin travel insurance is not worth it, I would recommend using other trustworthy travel insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Medical
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Andreas B.

Andreas B.Sydney, NSW

Application process great and good coverage

Awesome application process - could do it in 2 minutes and very competitive pricing. I used the insurance for my trip to Europe because I wasn't covered under the credit card insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationEurope
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Claim MadeNo

Rubbish! Will hide behind 73 pages of terms!

Do not use these people for travel insurance! they will hide behind 73 PAGES of terms and find something in those 73 pages to deny your claim and say you should have read every single one of those pages and tried to think of every possible outcome that may happen to you when travelling. used them once and will never ever use them again and would strongly recommend no one does. if you have any family member in particular over 84 then DO NOT USE THEM

Waste of money

Had a massive nose bleed which required A&E treatment in Spain. This caused us to miss our return flights. Tried to claim the cost of extra flights to be told it wasn't covered. I used Virgin as a big name company over cheaper options. Total rubbish & a waste of money!!

Gemma

GemmaGold coast

Very bad

Got travel insurance for myself, partner and daughter. Had our camera stolen in Thailand, made a claim and lots of hidden fees came out. Fees of "wear and tear" "making a claim over £150".
Altogether we claimed for $650AUD and had all the receipts and paperwork. We will receive a refund of $200.

AVOID THESE SCAMMERS

I had my insurance claim through Virgin who harassed me so bad & victimized I went to the Ombudsman and reported them for Bullying.
Please go through a bank or your travel agent.
l still am out of pocket well over $3,0000

Mr and  Mrs M

Mr and Mrs M

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, VIRGIN/ ALLIANZ GLOBAL SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT.

Insurance claim madeYes

Worst travel insurance I have ever been on!

First of all the company overcharged my account for my policy, then when I called to fix it they blamed me like it was my fault. Secondly I tried to make a claim for $120, I provided all the relevant information and they denied it. Mind you the insurance was about $470 so they still made money. The customer service people were bad, but the claims people....

Stay away from Allianz

Insurance claim madeYes

Easy, great customer service and quick responses

Great value insurance. I purchased an annual gold cover. I lost my glasses on one overseas trip and the whole process for claiming was easy, quick and on the whole, a pleasant experience. I found the customer service to be consistently great. Wouldn't think twice about using them in the future.

Willo

WilloPerth

Worst Underwriter (Allianz) And Insurer In 30 Years.

The absolute worst.

I was robbed in New York and had purchased a COMPREHENSIVE policy prior to my trip. I am still trying to get my claim processed 3 weeks after the incident, all i get is reason after reason why they are unable to process the claim. DO NOT PURCHASE insurance from this company. I have purchased policy's from other organisations and have claimed in the past, all Virgin/ALLIANZ care about is finding a loophole to deny your claim. When I told them I was robbed their first reaction was to say that I may have been negligent. Horrible.

Brad

BradSunshine Coast

According to Allianz "Complimentary" basically means no cover. WATCH OUT

Jo CC

Jo CCHobart, TAS

did they cover me or not?

My husband is the primary card holder and asked would I be covered if I traveled without him - they said yes. When I rang and asked the same question they said I was not covered as I was not traveling with him. I have no idea what is right but I do not trust this insurer at all.

Insurance claim madeNo

The worst travel insurance you could get.

Made me feel like i was a criminal for claiming while i was in hospital for 5 days in Thailand. They will look for any possible way to get out of paying by asking you hundreds of questions and getting all your medical records from your doctor at home. I don't know how food poisoning could be a pre-existing medical condition but they tried anyway! Then they told me they had spoken to the hospital and they would be paying the bill in full directly to them but then the hospital wouldn't let me leave without paying them in full. Save yourself the trouble and use a different company. If only i had read the other reviews before going with virgin...

Unbelievable

I made a claim after a theft. The questions the insurance asked made me feel like I was the guilty one instead of the victim.
The time to process the claim is just not acceptable. I highly not recommend this company.

Rachael

RachaelSydney

Useless

VIRGIN TRAVEL INSURANCE IS USELESS.
Assessors actively pick thru your travel claim to not pay it.
Similar to other people I had an inexpensive item stolen from nearby me but Product Disclosure says they will not pay if something is "taken without your knowledge" (i.e. stolen) or if it was unsupervised (i.e. not in your hand or shall we say stolen).
If you want insurance to cover you for theft or loss DO NOT under any circumstances waste your money on virgin's travel insurance.

Don't ever use them

On a cruise ship I forgot my reading glasses in the men locker room. Within minutes I realized what happened I rushed back they were gone. I filed a report I submitted receipts, etc.
Response was: You were negligent by leaving them behind. Read the fine print. You take your eyes of the item you are not covered.

Get an answer from our members and Virgin Money representatives

Virgin Money Travel Insurance Domestic

Virgin Money Travel Insurance Domestic Multi-Trip

Virgin Money Travel Insurance Domestic Multi-Trip

No reviews
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1800 134 4191800 134 4191800 134 4191800 134 4191800 134 4191800 134 419
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNoNo
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 74 years old74 years old74 years old74 years old74 years old74 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Accidental Death$15,000Not IncludedNot Included$15,000$15,000$15,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000$1,000$1,000Not Included$1,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included$3,000$3,000$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$15,000Not IncludedNot Included$15,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included$250$250$250
Delayed Luggage $500$250Not Included$500$500$500
Credit Card Fraud$5,000Not IncludedNot Included$5,000Not Included$5,000
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000Not IncludedNot Included$5,000Not Included$5,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000$5,000Not Included$10,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Optional ExtraNot IncludedNot IncludedOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Special Activities Packages
GolfIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
CruiseOptional ExtraNot IncludedNot IncludedOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Adventure Optional ExtraNot IncludedNot IncludedOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraNot IncludedNot IncludedOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra

Visit official website - Download manual