Volkswagen Dealers

Volkswagen Dealers

See the Best Car Dealerships in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Volkswagen Dealers? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Marcelle
MarcelleSydney, NSW

Best Car

I purchased my Volkswagen T-cross at Rockdale Volkswagen and can’t be happier with the service at the dealership and the quality of the vehicle.

Jen
JenSydney, NSW

Poor quality soft compound disc brakes - no accountability from VW

VW used to make quality cars. Now they use poor quality soft compound disc brakes that wear out under 28,000km in a car that is less than 2 years old, then they want to charge exorbitant prices to replace them. VW Customer service claim it is normal wear and tear even though dealership states that "normal" wear and tear would be 35,000 to 50,000kms. Not happy Volkswagen

Carey W.
Carey W.South East Queensland, QLD

Volkswagen failure

Shelley J.
Shelley J.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

A Porsche Was Cheaper Sat Nav Doesn’t Work

$130,000 van 11.3.21 sat nav not working 6 weeks to import it from Germany, and it didn’t work, recalibrated, not working. Told it was working but it was not. They didn’t take it on the road. Again another workshop said it was working but again it was not.
Sat Nav told me to do a u turn on a high way in the wrong direction also to go to the right then the left.
In the middle of the bush it told me I was at my CBD location and I was not.
Also the window would not close it went up and down and down again and I was told to google it.
Worst and most expensive vehicle I have ever bought it is a total nightmare and service centres were non service centres and had to wait 8 hours each time to be told that there is nothing wrong with it.
Run!

Bettina L.
Bettina L.

Customer Service does not exist. Stay away!

Both VW Artarmon as well as VW Head Office Australia, stay away!

Bought Touareg in 2016, engine failed in early 2021. No accountability on VW side, despite known issues with recall in China with same issue and class action in the US. Will never purchase VW again.

GMAN!!
GMAN!!Melbourne

Terrible service, still owed $$$

Worst customer experience in purchasing a new car. Matt Vasli told me to take the car as is or we rip up the contract. Also stated, 'drop the car in the driveway and he can pick it up from there'. Had to check the car in the rain. They also owe $$$'s of dollars in unfitted accessories from many weeks ago that they refuse to action. They have charged me twice for sports bars, refuse to refund See scratch that they said 'take it or leave it'... Love the car, i would suggest if you want a VW avoid Brighton and Matt Vasli and purchase at another dealership.

Store LocationBrighton BMW
Steve H.
Steve H.Central, SA

Absolute worst car buying experience ever!! Do not go there!

• +1Thumbnail
Chris
ChrisBrisbane

Amarok major engine failure after 38’000km

I bought an Amarok. It’s done 38k km and the engine has failed (timing belt). VW customer service are terrible. Will not take responsibility. No honesty, no integrity.

laurierayr
laurierayrSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless

Magillamelb
MagillamelbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Over priced, deplorable service & support

Tomas S.
Tomas S.Hunter Region, NSW

TERRIBLE: Charlestown Volkswagen Service Department

You call there and you will be "number one in the queue" .....for like an hour until you give up. Call Sales instead, of course they pick up, pass on the message. Guess what? Nothing happens no call back.
Just to be clear this is NOT an isolated occurrence, it is ALWAYS like this. Unless you physically stand in front of these guys nothing will happen.
Unfortunately, this is my only options for VW dealer up hear.
THEY ARE TERRIBLE....well at least the service department is. But then again, they probably don't car about this review either. Maybe they use the series "Black Books" as their customer training videos.

William G.
William G.Sydney, NSW

Rockdale VW---Absolutely a truist trap and gangster inn

Neil D.
Neil D.Sydney, NSW

Bill Buckle VW Service

Terrible service. Booked in for VW Golf first service, requested shuttle home at time of booking. Arrived at allotted time, 8.15am, with staff who had wrong details until I showed my email booking confirmation. Was told shuttle would be 10-15 minutes, waited almost an hour before booking an Uber and walking out. Was told whilst waiting I would get a phone call in the afternoon to arrange for shuttle pick up to collect car. No call, just a text at just after 5pm to say car was ready. Had to arrange a lift to try and get there before 5.30pm close, just making it as doors were being closed. Received no apology or explanation as to why all of the things that I was told would happen never did. Absolute garbage customer service.

How to lose a previously very satisfied VW customer

Aaron A.
Aaron A.Sydney, NSW

Service Department of Leichhardt VW - Perfect

Read more reviews - page 2

otziasked

Can anyone suggest a competent service place for new Crafter (4motion). In Melbourne. I am quite fearful re above reviews but there is no other vehicle to match and I wonder if new factory to build might offer a better product. Am I a dreamer?

Dave
Dave

I'm sorry, whilst Berwick VW seem to very excellent in the sales area, we haven't had the car long enough to test the service department.

Jane D.
Jane D.

VW Berwick nearly literally killed me, had my car serviced by them every 3 months, they were consistently telling me they had checked/replaced my brake pads, then less than 1 week after the last service I let them do, I put my foot on the brake and the car kept going, horrible metallic sound, had it checked by a third party, all brake calipers were metal on metal, cost $1600 to fix. AVOID!

otzi

That's what I was fearful of. Thanks for the input.

Helga
Helgaasked

Why doesn't VW have a Cherry Red Caddy TSI 220 available any where in Australia? To have to order something four months or more in advance is ridiculous. My dealer in Hervey Bay couldn't even show me a metal sample of the colour. You're colour range on the face book features Cherry Red. I'm very disappointed. All that is available in Queensland I've been told is the Caddy TSI 220 auto petrol is black,silver or white.
Yours,
Helga Becker.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Only VW can answer obviously

xylophonensasked

We bought a petrol VW Tiguan model 2009 with 106000 km from a dealer near Liverpool. From the day they sold it we had no end of problems and it keeps going into safety mode despite numerous repairs. They would not fix it properly to take it back. This has been going on for 2 years now and enough is enough. I look forward to expert advice. Any ideas?

JEN
JEN

You need to bite the bullet and get rid of it, allalrernatively you can go to the CEO and request intervention.

Alister
Alister

I have lodged a claim with VCAT for unconscionable conduct as they don't want to respond to my queries or own up the failures of their staff

xylophonens

We are trying to get rid of it but on that day it went into Safety mode again and they returned it!