Vorwerk Kobold VR200

Vorwerk Kobold VR200

See the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Vorwerk VK200

Purchased just over a year ago. Has been sent away twice already to be fixed. So total of 8 weeks away. 1st sensor issue then motor issue. NOT WORTH MONEY

Purchased in February 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
System Errors Often

Lidar keeps breaking down

When I first got it I was very happy with its cleaning ability I use it almost daily, but after just 6 weeks it stopped error message says code 3000 error. Godfrey's had serviced it and told me the motor for the Lidar burned out it was under warranty it got fixed and worked perfectly only issue then is I wasn't able to re establish wifi.
Almost 12 months have passed since and today it stopped I'm getting same error message again the machine wont work I see the lidar is in the same position I'm wondering if it burned out again will take it back to Godfrey's not happy customer this is the most expensive vacum robot apparently German quality but build in China, I have my right to judge are they poor quality components or poor design circuits?
I expecting quality and durability from Vorkweks I only have tiled floors not that dirty, I want a refund or full replacement.

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfrey's for $1,500.00.

Battery Life
Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Tiles
System Errors Occasionally

Great when it works. Except that it doesn't and will drive you crazy!

Has such a low capacity that you well end up having to empty it every 10 minutes and it will beep relentlessly at you until you do. There is nothing you can do to stop it. Do yourself a favour and just buy two iroombas instead. They're quieter, more effective, don't get stuck and you still have an extra $400 up your sleeve to buy something else. The worst experience we have ever had with such an expensive product.

Purchased in September 2018 for $1,200.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
System Errors Every time

Not for Architectural homes

We have large window tracks that sit flush with the floor - the robot gets stuck every time , and I have to move it several times per session . Has also rammed into our skirtings continuously to the point that they are now damaged. On the upside, if you have a house with a simple layout and high windows, it does do a good job of vacuuming but, definately not the right product for us unfortunately .

Purchased in November 2018.

Product is used: Daily
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Wood
System Errors Every time

Good, but too many techinical glitch servicing required

I have had this vacuum for a few years and use this for spot cleaning weekly. It did do a good job especially as we have a pet dog and cats, however in the past 12 months I have had to pay for this to be serviced twice as the vacuum was not registering the dust container. Godfrey’s told me that they serviced it with a good clean and charge around $80 the first time.

This issue happened again, I cleaned the system and replaced the filter, brush and lid and still had the same issue and had to bring this in for servicing again. I was told by the retailer this would happen to any robot vacuums and they require regular servicing. Having used other brands I have never had this issue.

Overall it is a good machine, the pop up lid is a bit flimsy and the hinges break quite easily. I would consider twice before purchasing this as it pretty expensive and will personally try something else next time.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Life saver

I absolutely love it. I've had mine for over 2 years and it's been a life saver. I've got bad shoulders and hands so working a normal vacuum cleaner became impossible. I needed something automatic and reliable. I've got tiles, carpets and 4 pets. I section my house off to 3 parts and let it go.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Pretty amazing....once you work out how to work it.

I was a bit skeptical, but now really impressed - but you must ensure you have it in the right place t0 find its way back to base and must be careful not to have small tangly wires (such as Christmas tree lights on the floor) or very light almost towel-like mats, as they will curl up. And you need to ensure your whole house has wifi, as it will stop if it loses its wifi connection.

The biggest bit of confusion I had was working out why it didn't always return to base. Two things to keep in mind here. 1- it always has to leave from base if you want it to return to base. 2 - it may have problems finding its base in some rooms, so you may need to experiment with the best location for the base. Once I found the best place it returned every time.

And make sure you have the latest software installed on the machine as it dramatically improved its logic. 2.4.1 is the one I installed, yet the original in the machine when I bought it was just 1.4.

So with very little to keep in mind this is a great machine. When the VR300 hits Australia, I will probably get that too!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Replaced my vacuum cleaner

Purchased this from Godfreys in 2017 for our home and has never missed a beat. Perfect for our floorboards, floors are always clean and I seldom need to use my manual vacuum cleaner. The remote is a good feature, just pick it up press start and away you go. Brushes and filters aren't over the top expensive to purchase and overall haven't had any maintenance issues with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Amazing

My house is mostly carpet and it's amazing. I just put it on and off it goes. It really saves me so much time and my carpets are always clean. It also has a remote I just press rather than getting down to turn on. I love it. This brand of vacuum is definitely worth the money

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Vacuem is perfect BUT

I love this Vacuem cleaner it’s light fantastic suction in fact everything you would want except the price of the filter bags $50 for a pack of 6 . Over the top pricing & no after market or competition filter bags so unfortunately you are at the mercy of the retailer.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Broken with clean brush error

Bought 10 months ago and the last 2 months it is simply broken. It always throws a clean brush error. We have tried EVERYTHING to delicately and thoroughly clean every part of the brush. We have read the manual, restarted, updated software....but nothing We use to use it once a day on both time and carpet.. Such a waste of money.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

dissappointed

When I first brought this vacuum I thought it was great, but since I have had it, it has been in the shop 4 times needing repair as it always says clean my brush. I constantly clean the brush to no avail, It still won't work. I now have to take it back again as it's doing the same thing and I only had it fixed less than 2 months ago.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Does the job

I have had this machine for a few months. So far no mechanical problems, but then it hasn’t been used as much as I thought it would be (messy children, so I can’t set it to run while we’re out). It is great for picking up the cat hair, and does pick an area and somewhat methodically clean it.
But.. it doesn’t do the same cleaning pattern each time. To spot clean it only does a 2mx2m area. Or you have to use the app or remote to do it manually. I can’t tell it to go do a bedroom or certain zone, if that gets missed or not done completely (it happens). If the manufacturers could improve their app to be able to load a floor plan, then give the user the ability to send it to a particular room, I’d give it 5 Stars.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

One of the best Product and worth every dollar

Save me 1 hour a day to clean the house. Have a dog and cleans the house spotless. Works excellent on tiles and carpets alike. Didn't believe that there was so much hair and dust until i clean the bins. Very good to run in eco mode every day. Gets stuck on very rare occasion.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Works very well

I purchased this product due to my faith into German engineering and product back up. Well, the first criteria was certainly met, but the product back up is not existing!! My VR 200 works very well and needed a new battery after one year use, fair enough, not a problem. Famous last words. I contacted the Australian distributor to purchase a new battery and also some cleaning fluid for my Kobold window cleaner. Both products out of stock with no indication when new stock arrives!!!
In disbelieve I contacted Kobold in Germany with aim to make them aware of the non existing service of there Australian distributor. What followed was even more unbelievable. Kobold Germany washes there hands clean of any responsibility regarding there distributors. There simple response was that distributors are independent and Kobold does not carry any responsibility for them
My comment: But Kobold is happy to sell them there product and could not care less if there is a back up service provided or not. Shame on you Kobold. I have now a VR200 (robot vacuum cleaner ) and VG100 ( window cleaner) with a combined purchase price in excess of over $2000 sitting in my store room useless!!
Conclusion: stay clear from any Kobold product, don't get tricked by there good performance, if any help or service is required, it is non existing.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Excellent - when it works

Had this product for a year and about to take it in for its 5th repair. It consistently fails to dock, we come home to find it sitting about 20cm away from its docking station with a dead battery and a half vacuumed house. Other than that we have the 'clean my brush' message, even taking it apart, cleaning the brush, brush cavity and the sensors don't work. The advice last time was to clean it after every use. Really? What is the point in having a time saving appliance if it takes more time to keep it doing its job than what it would take for you to do its job yourself? When it does work it vacuums well over wooden floors and thicker carpet but since moving to a house with textured tiles and thin nasty cheap carpet (yay renting!) it struggles with the undulations in the surfaces and misses some bits. Was really happy with this product to start but unfortunately its durability and suitability for purpose is letting it down which for the price is unacceptable.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

great cleaning

i am a great fan of german products. have been using it for 9 months. not having any issue so far. i got 10 years of service guaranty with. my wife just loves this vacuum cleaner. better than irobot romba .recommended by the choice and asthma council. i am highly satisfied.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Started off great, but doesn't last.

We bought out Kobold from Godfreys and initially loved it, but within three months we started to have problems with navigation and saying the brush was stuck. We have a dog and the hoover works very hard. It runs at least three times a day and is full requiring emptying after each run. The cost of the machine we felt should mean it was up to the challenge. We took it back as we relied on it so heavily. It was taken back and fixed but within two months we had the same problem, and this has continued every two or three months and we have had it fixed about 10 times. Godfreys were very embarrassed and said that they thought the machine should be replaced, but Vorwerk rang and told my husband that they would not replace, as the problem has occurred as we do not clean the machine properly. We asked why they didn't say this after the first time it broke? Why tell us now after the 10th time it is our fault? Please don't think that the Vorwerk name is good because of Thermomix, customer support is second to none with my Thermy but this shower at Kobald clearly don't have the same faith it their product. It is a lot of money to pay for something that cannot even last its two year warranty period. Only grateful I bought it through Godfreys who have integrity.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Broken after 4 Months, support not answering

The vr200 worked quite well in the beginning, however at some point it started moving straight into the wall opposite to the charging station and give an error message. I contacted support, but my mails eigther get not answered, or i get redirected to somebody else. In retrospect i would not buy it again but go with a different company

Date PurchasedOct 2017

So helpful and works a charm!

It’s easy, works reliably and gets around the house pretty easy. Recharged itself easily, and seems to get around House easy. I tell loads of people to but them. We ended up buying the upright vacuum also. You must clean and empty lots but that bit is easy. Definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2016