Vorwerk Kobold VR200

Vorwerk Kobold VR200

Robot Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of robot vacuum cleaner would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.6

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (4) · No (4)
  • System Errors Every time (5) · Occasionally (3) · Often (2)
  • Ease of Programming / Scheduling
  • Battery Life
Adda J.

Adda J.South Australia

dont waste your money. Get a cheaper one

My vacuum broke after 6 months, we don't have pets, we are only two people in the apartment (adults), we work all day and there is not much mess around. Still we made it work every week day. After 6 months it starts giving us signal that is blocked when it clearly isn't blocked, it's just in the middle of the room with no obstacles around. This continued for a month.

I wrote to the customer service they took another month to replay that they don't have worldwide guarantee (I bought it in a country and them moved to another one). That was it!

I got the priciest one in the market because I thought it would be the best. It wasn't!

Purchased in January 2020.

DAMO01

DAMO01South East Queensland, QLD

Constantly sent back for repair terrible customer service from Godfrey's and Vorwerk.

Had the Kobold VR200 for almost 2 years have had to send it in for for repair 5 times. Comes back works well for a month or two then either a new issue or a reoccurring one comes up. Have tried to get a replacement machine from Godfrey's and Vorwerk but always told never do they replace only repair, even though the individual from Godfrey's told me there were some faulty machines and he believes that hey should just replace it. All in all look at other options if you are in the market for a robot vacuum.

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys for A$1,500.00.

System Errors Often
Unhappy

UnhappyQueensland

Buyer beware

Bought 3 yeara ago, was in love. Moved
to bigger house, took a bit to get used to it but still did great, fast forward 3 years, I've had it looked at for an issue, never had it fixed but some other issues they found.
Godfrys have been a nightmare. Refusing to acknowledge they never fixed initial problem that has resulted in the robovac ompletely dying. Offered 50% discount on new one which is ridiculous, you don't lay $1500 to replace a product ever 3 years extremely disapointed.

Purchased at Godfreys for A$1,500.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

TEDs

TEDsNew South Wales

Love it!!

Compact and easy to find place for base station
Easy to set up
Easy to clean dust container and brush
Switch on and let your robot vacuum cleaner work it wonders
I put in and start on my other jobs

Purchased in August 2019 for A$1,200.00.

Floor Type Wood

Dev GillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good in the beginning and problems after couple of month!!!

Its was great product in the beginning but couple months after it stopped working so was sent off for repair and took 2 weeks to get it back.

Again 6 months later stopped working and i just dont have time to take it back to shop the get it repaired.

It used to clean really well in the carpet and tiles. It used to get stuck under the couches very time we turn it on. So if we left it on while we went to work we would come home and find it stuck under the couch and no cleaning done. The company could have put something together to adjust the height of the product as every house has a different furniture height.

Purchased in March 2016 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$1,500.00.

Leonie

LeonieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely fabulous! Could not live without it!

We have carpet and tiles and it works well on both. We have had it for approx 18 months. We have it on every couple of days. We don't have any pets so not sure how the container would cope if a house has a lot of pet hair to pick up.

Purchased in January 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Leanne J.

Leanne J.South East Queensland, QLD

Vorwerk VK200

Purchased just over a year ago. Has been sent away twice already to be fixed. So total of 8 weeks away. 1st sensor issue then motor issue. NOT WORTH MONEY

Purchased in February 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Product is used Weekly
System Errors Often
Daniel

DanielPerth, WA

Lidar keeps breaking down

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfrey's for A$1,500.00.

Floor Type Tiles
System Errors Occasionally

Great when it works. Except that it doesn't and will drive you crazy!

Has such a low capacity that you well end up having to empty it every 10 minutes and it will beep relentlessly at you until you do. There is nothing you can do to stop it. Do yourself a favour and just buy two iroombas instead. They're quieter, more effective, don't get stuck and you still have an extra $400 up your sleeve to buy something else. The worst experience we have ever had with such an expensive product.

Purchased in September 2018 for A$1,200.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Kim G

Kim GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not for Architectural homes

We have large window tracks that sit flush with the floor - the robot gets stuck every time , and I have to move it several times per session . Has also rammed into our skirtings continuously to the point that they are now damaged. On the upside, if you have a house with a simple layout and high windows, it does do a good job of vacuuming but, definately not the right product for us unfortunately .

Purchased in November 2018.

Floor Type Wood
System Errors Every time

Good, but too many techinical glitch servicing required

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Kylie R

Kylie RMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Life saver

I absolutely love it. I've had mine for over 2 years and it's been a life saver. I've got bad shoulders and hands so working a normal vacuum cleaner became impossible. I needed something automatic and reliable. I've got tiles, carpets and 4 pets. I section my house off to 3 parts and let it go.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
BigMan99

BigMan99Adelaide

Pretty amazing....once you work out how to work it.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Annie

AnnieMelbourne

Replaced my vacuum cleaner

Purchased this from Godfreys in 2017 for our home and has never missed a beat. Perfect for our floorboards, floors are always clean and I seldom need to use my manual vacuum cleaner. The remote is a good feature, just pick it up press start and away you go. Brushes and filters aren't over the top expensive to purchase and overall haven't had any maintenance issues with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Kez

Kez

Amazing

My house is mostly carpet and it's amazing. I just put it on and off it goes. It really saves me so much time and my carpets are always clean. It also has a remote I just press rather than getting down to turn on. I love it. This brand of vacuum is definitely worth the money

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Vacuem is perfect BUT

I love this Vacuem cleaner it’s light fantastic suction in fact everything you would want except the price of the filter bags $50 for a pack of 6 . Over the top pricing & no after market or competition filter bags so unfortunately you are at the mercy of the retailer.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Broken with clean brush error

Bought 10 months ago and the last 2 months it is simply broken. It always throws a clean brush error. We have tried EVERYTHING to delicately and thoroughly clean every part of the brush. We have read the manual, restarted, updated software....but nothing We use to use it once a day on both time and carpet.. Such a waste of money.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

dissappointed

When I first brought this vacuum I thought it was great, but since I have had it, it has been in the shop 4 times needing repair as it always says clean my brush. I constantly clean the brush to no avail, It still won't work. I now have to take it back again as it's doing the same thing and I only had it fixed less than 2 months ago.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Kym111

Kym111Mid West, WA

Does the job

I have had this machine for a few months. So far no mechanical problems, but then it hasn’t been used as much as I thought it would be (messy children, so I can’t set it to run while we’re out). It is great for picking up the cat hair, and does pick an area and somewhat methodically clean it.
But.. it doesn’t do the same cleaning pattern each time. To spot clean it only does a 2mx2m area. Or you have to use the app or remote to do it manually. I can’t tell it to go do a bedroom or certain zone, if that gets missed or not done completely (it happens). If the manufacturers could improve their app to be able to load a floor plan, then give the user the ability to send it to a particular room, I’d give it 5 Stars.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

One of the best Product and worth every dollar

Save me 1 hour a day to clean the house. Have a dog and cleans the house spotless. Works excellent on tiles and carpets alike. Didn't believe that there was so much hair and dust until i clean the bins. Very good to run in eco mode every day. Gets stuck on very rare occasion.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Tracey P.

Tracey P.asked

We turned our machine off to repaint the room, since turning back on the Date/time is missing from the settings menu and we are unable to set a cleaning schedule. This is the second time we have had this problem, the vacuum has been sent back for repair 3 times, once for this same issue.
Why is the date/ time missing?

Dev Gill

Try connecting it to wifi and app in your phone. That will fix the time and date plus handy having control from phone app.

Hi Tracey,
We would recommend trying a reset.
This can be done by holding in the front bumper, the start button and pushing the round bumper on top to the side until the machine resets.

Charlotte M.

Charlotte M.asked

Issues with vr200; please help, I am in lockdown and the robot vaccie has decided to have a issue, starts up moves about 100mm from docking station and then stops, tries to start up a couple more times before I get a message saying please press ok to continue (3000) which when u press ok it does the same thing. We have cleaned all filters brushes etc. also battery is saying it isn’t fully charged, but it has been on the charger for days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Charlotte,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
Once they re-open the machine will need to be taken into your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in and inspected further for repairs.

BPL

BPLasked

Os thos prpduct suitable for a house with a (shedding) dog? Does it need to be emptied very regularly due to dog hair?

Hi BPL,
Yes, this machine can be used in a house with a shedding dog and will require regular maintenance of emptying the dust bin, cleaning the filter and cleaning the brushes.
The Vorwerk Team

Get an answer from our members and Vorwerk representatives