WeBuyAnyCar.com.au

WeBuyAnyCar.com.au

Steve

Steve

STAY AWAY! (It needed Capitals, Sorry)

Mel

MelPerth

Rip Off

They suck you in by offering you a decent price on the Internet just to get you in then only offer you a fraction of that when you go t the yard. You know the saying....If it sounds too good to be true it probably is....Don't get sucked in by these rip off merchants

ESG

ESGSydney

They are insolvent! and their website is still on!!!!

I sold my car on 16/06/12. after realising that getting my money was going to be difficult. I reported them to ACA, Fair Trading NSW and the CTTT (I have a hearing in two weeks). I rang almost everyday and very quickly I started to feel depressed. I was promised my money everytime I rang and last time I spoke to [name removed]I was told that I was going to be put on their priority list. I also reported them to the police and tried three different police Stations, but they all told me that it was a civil matter and not a criminal matter. In the meantime WBAC continued their businees and more people got cheated. I feel so frustrated and depressed now and wonder if I'll ever see my money.

Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Find out how WeBuyAnyCar.com.au compares to other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

shonky!

I sold my car to these guys on 1st July and they assured me I would get my $14000 in four days. They kept on delaying and eventually stopped answering calls and emails. I called again 7 Aug and got the message to call the liquidators. They said there are over 1,500 unpaid customers and it will take a long time to get a result...and I won't get much of my money back.

Feeling Stupid :-(

I too got caught by WeBuyAnyCar. I got the smooth talking, card trick playing salesman. I should've known straight away that it was a scam but I was desperate for the money. To make matters worse the ACA report aired the night after I 'sold' my car to them. Every form of contact with them has been removed so its car and money gone. I feel like such a fool. :-(

The quoted price was wrong. My car's long gone and so is my money. Just about everything.

Feeling Stupid -

Kingy. I haven't lost anything more than my car, the money and my dignity but I'm so sorry to hear about your gfs finger. That's something that none of us can put a price on. :-(

sam313

sam313Currimundi

No Money

Sold my car to the currimundi branch on the 23rd June told 10 working days for the money its now the 3rd of August no money numerous excuses. Please Never Leave your vehicle with anyone before they pay for it! I have no idea what if anything can be done to recoup our money do we list it as stolen??

They are in Liquidation!

I am the same boat as well. I sold my car at the Strathfield branch in Sydney. I have been waiting for my money for a month now. I called the number and got told they are in Liquidation! I have to leave a message so that they can contact me but when? I just hope I will get my money or my car back.

Sarah0909Carina

They are now insolvent

We sold our Jeep on 21/06/12, never received the money we were promised. We made repeated contact attempts via email and phone. Complaint lodged with Office of Fair Trading. Promised call backs that never come. We have lost our Jeep and $6150. Emailed them today and received the message as follows: For information regarding WeBuyAnyCar please contact Worrells Solvency and Forensic Accountants on [number removed]. Will we get our money? Who knows!

Sarah0909

Our Jeep is sitting at Mannheims auction yard in Brisbane. They stopped taking cars from WBAC after the Current Affair piece. It is no longer registered in our name.

I Reclaimed / Repossesed My Vehicle after over 30 Days & No Payment!!!

Rockmelon

RockmelonSunshine Coast

Do not waste time with this company!

Kaz5151SYDNEY

Dont pay on time.

Kaz5151

woo hoo cant wait, I saw it advertised just now. Lets hope its a step closer to getting them shut down for good as they are evil

Kaz5151

hope it works for you Jen, keep ringing them as well. Here's some of the phone numbers i gathered: [phone numbers removed] or email [email removed] Good luck!

Not so good...

They happily took the car but haven't payed for it despite numerous calls and emails. The website is no longer active and I haven't seen any recent ads on the TV. Another 'Cheques in the mail' scam I guess. My wife said the whole thing looked dodgy - I should have listend to her!

They didn't pay for the car.

Ford10PERTH

Terrible

I have the same story (same day same branch) of CM88 and have't got my money after 1 month later.

I called them lots of times and texted to the sales representative many times. Generally they said this and that but no pay. The sales representative didn't reply any of my message only after 1 time of "promise to process ASAP" and after that he didn't take my call. I will be reporting my car as stolen and have the police contacting them at this time.

Ford10

Yes, I have lodged a complainant on Fair Drading yesterday and have received an email that a officer will deal with this issue in 10 working days

Grant07PARRAMATTA

Rubbish!

Sold my car 6 weeks ago. Have not received any money. send 2 emails and rang 7 times. Have yet to have anyone ring me back. Am constantly told that I am on the priority list and someone will get back to me that day but have not received a call yet. Luckily my car was not worth much but most annoying.

do not return calls. do not pay....

Grant07

cheers for the info. Yes that was my concern. I am only awaiting a pittance in comparison with others. I feel for the people who still have loans and are awaiting their payment. btw, lodged a dept of fair trading application today.

Grant07

SL I just went on line to the dept of fair trading website and followed the links to complaints

Manager Never Available

I sold my car to We Buy Any Car one June 23. I was quoted on the Internet at least $10,200. They told me this data was 3 months old and the best they could do was $8000 plus 10% bonus for selling with in 7 days of booking my appointment. I was unsure so the manager waived the account fee of $50, not much but I caved. They told me I would receive a cheque in 10 days. I kept calling and calling after the 10 days. No manager was ever free to talk and I kept getting promises it was posted. Today I found out the company has gone into liquidation and I Won't get my car back and I might not get all the money I was promised And it will take time! I've got bills to pay!

Terrible, didn't pay me for my car.

DillsInverell

Dodgy operators

Dills

I just saw it tonight Greg. Was that you that was interviewed? I appears as though they want to stay in business. I hope not for all those poor other people that will get stung by them.

Dills

That's interesting about the office of fair trading. Wish I had known that earlier. Greg let us know how you go with the extra 10%. Good luck with that mate

Dills

I've been away mate. What did you mean by pay back?

Ruth34NORTH SYDNEY

Run away from WBAC

I am in the same situation as most.
I sold my car to WBAC in the 26th June. Still waiting for my money. After numerous calls to qld and email. Getting pretty annoyed. I will be speaking to the department of fair traiding tomorrow as I had informed the accounts deptment. If my money is not received this week.
Steer clear they are not worth the trouble.

Ruth34

No not paid and my car has been sold to someone else.

Don't Do It.

Matt Green

Humour helps me cope with the blatant dishonesty and criminal negligence of some people. It's like the old saying, "If you don't laugh you'll cry".

Matt Green

Hi Deirdre, how did you find out they were in liquidation?

All Round Bad

BeatWeBuyAnyCarMELBOURNE

How to get your money from these guys.

ejdasked

So who owns the cars that We Buy Any Cars have sold if they have not paid the previous owner?

Feeling Stupid -

From what I've heard from others a lot of the cars have already been sold to other people even though somehow they're still registered to the previous owners who've copped fines and such by the new drivers/owners. I was told my car would most likely be shipped interstate (outback) to be used as a hire car for tourists in the outback as it wasn't in good condition. The only smart thing I did was go down same day and cancel my Rego and hand my plates in so I could get a refund, otherwise god only knows what fines and such would be in my name. Unfortunately so many others weren't so lucky. Because their car has somehow been onsold even though its still registered in their names they've lost their car, money and are still making loan repayments and now fines.

Di51

Di51asked

Has anyone bought a car from them?

Kaz5151

They only take them I think.

ejd

They sell their cars through auction houses ..I bought one...now wondering if the previous owner has been paid ..

Disgruntled customer12

Disgruntled customer12asked

If they took the car and haven't paid, then they haven't completed their part of the contract - ring and ask for your car back.
If they don't produce the car call the police and report the car stolen.

Kaz5151

Just done that, good advice

MIDGET
MIDGET

Ring manhiem to see if car is there if it is tell them the car has not been paid for they will put a hold on it as you can use your claim of right to get the car back that is from the police

ejd

People trying to coantact We Buy Any Cars should click on to the adv link for their Qld branch it has a 1300 # which is still being answered as of 01.08.2012.

Other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops