Weber Genesis II

Weber Genesis II

LX E440, E410, E310, etc...

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

There’s nothing quite like an Aussie summer barbie, and a gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But do you know whether you want a portable bbq or a freestanding model? Would you prefer an LPG gas bottle or natural gas? This buying guide is here to help answer all your burning questions.

Read now

4.5

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (6) · No (0)
  • Safety
Lizzzzie

LizzzzieSydney, NSW

Great barbecue but no so impressed with after sales service.

We were very happy to have our second genesis, bought 10 months ago but seldom used last summer due to the smoke from the bush fires which kept us inside a lot. When we couldn’t light it a week ago I rang Weber who offered to send us an igniter, and when I said we could fix it ourselves said someone will contact us in 7 to 10 days. If this is after sales service for warranty fix, not impressed at all. Our last one we had for 12 years.

Purchased in November 2019.

Maverick

MaverickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Oh Man, what a BBQ!!!

This replaced my old Volc-rock unit. Wow, im impressed with the cooking of the meat in all corners of the grill area (not just over the burners). I've cooked lamb chops, and 2 roasts, one pork with perfect crackling, and a leg of lamb. Cant review highly enough of this BBQ. Pat on the back Weber!!

Purchased in August 2020 at Rawsons Elite Appliances.

head

headsydney

• NG

This I can't live without

Purchased a run out genesis11 smoke grey coloured unit haven't received yet,
But went over the display model at the agent BeBeQ and they are really well made as always. I have had a few webber and this one is natural gas..
It's hard to find off the rack natural gas,which is a strange annomally considering we are all being pushed by government to go natural gas?
And most new houses offer natural gas. Update webber came on time to deliver as advised the technician /assembler was no fuss neat knew his product ,worth the wait now for the fun & every cent thanks Webber

Purchased in May 2020.

David A.

David A.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

• LPG

Outstanding BBQ

Never thought l'd buy a Weber BBQ at this price range as other BBQ's seem to look more fancy and have other bells and whistles. Well at the end of the day, its all in the cooking. (Not the looking!)
This BBQ cooks everything brilliantly. From steaks, beer can chickens and anything on the rotisserie the flavours and outcome is delicious.
Its so well build and the quality is what you pay for. Worth every cent. I was actually going to spend more on a full kitchen setup in other brands. Im so glad l didnt. So happy with this Weber Genesis LX440 Premium BBQ.

Purchased in November 2018 for A$2,550.00.

Charlie21Queensland

Good product but for the price?

Purchased in December 2019 for A$2,000.00.

buy safe

buy safeSydney, NSW

Very disappointed with my New Weber BBQ

I Purchased the Weber only 3 months ago, I found the cooking slow and not suitable for cooking seared steaks or anything that needs high heat, The lid must be shut to cook most food.
Cleaning is a nightmare basically no matter what you do it is always looking unclean in the hood,cooking area and under the grills.
I don't know how the BBQ handles in the weather as mine is always under cover
I have had a Beafeater BBQ for more than 20 years, the Beafeater is far superior BBQ in comparison,The sales person explained that the Weber is far much better than the beafeater easy to clean and cooking is far much better, I feel I was mislead.
already I wont to dump this BBQ, I regret not buying another beafeater BBQ

Purchased in November 2019 for A$2,500.00.

Slowriser

SlowriserThe Mallee, VIC

• LPG

High expectations

We had high expectations of this BBQ because of the price tag. Our first cook of traditional snags, onions and potatoes wasn’t a raging success, we struggled with the concept of cooking with the lid down. However, after several cooks we have not only mastered snags and onions, but we can cook at pizza in 7 minutes flat. But to be honest, it’s roast meats and spuds that really blows our hair back. The best roast pork crackling we have EVER had, and I’ll never buy another pre cooked BBQ chicken again!
We are so impressed that we are considering a second mortgage to get one for our holiday house!

Purchased in November 2017 at Austrek for A$1,299.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your fantastic review! We're so glad you're loving your Weber product.

julie l.

julie l.

So happy with our BBQ

We purchased our BBQ from BBQ galore. After looking at the smaller Q range we decided to go bigger. We use it 3 to 4 times per week for roasts and the usual BBQ delights. I’m most impressed on how the roasts turn out, succulent and tender every time.

Purchased in December 2018 at Barbeques Galore for A$1,299.00.

Paul

Paul

Excellent BBQ

Date PurchasedDec 2018

geehaw

geehawSYDNEY

Great BBQ

Excellent unit with solid construction. Very good even and consistent heat. Its a bit heavy on the gas when using it for a roast but the outcome of the food is well worth it. You have to change your cooking style as it works best with the lid closed but easy to get used to. I received a free iGrill3 as part of a promotion, at first I thought this was a bit of a gimmick but after numerous perfectly cooked pork and chicken roasts, I would highly recommend the iGrill3 as an accessory to this BBQ. Everything comes apart for easy cleaning and the grease drip tray beats the sand tray found in other BBQ's hands down. It is expensive but probably the last BBQ you will buy.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
stuff

stuffCanberra 2600, ACT

A bbq that does what it says on the tin for a long time.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Michael KEEGAN

Michael KEEGANSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Outstanding!!!

I received this BBQ for my Birthday from my wife and kids... Absolutely the best BBQ I have ever owned. It's design, for evenly heating the plate... Removing the fat.... circulating the heat... is second to none. When it come to easy of use, it's simply great. cleaning and care... sensational!.... My model BBQ comes with the iGrill, which works well but I only use for larger cooks, like whole Chickens or roasts, it give direct temperature reading straight to my phone and tells me when my food is ready.....Overall, I can't fault this BBQ, I've had it a while now and use it least three times a week.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
eXx

eXxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Good BBQ

Very good BBQ in this product!! Does what it needs to do and does it very well. Made from quality material and a very solid unit. Couldn’t be any happy with this BBQ. It makes awesome roasts not to mention what it’s designed for in BBQs. I’m sure it will last for years to come. Well worth the investment.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Damage in the paint and the grill

The Weber Genesis LX E-340 is incredible, easy to assemble. The customer service was great. My Weber came with damage to the lid and one of the grilles.
I was surprised when they told me that they would replace them with new ones.
Many thanks to Blue Sky Illawarra and Weber.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Simon

SimonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The next range up from the Family Q, impressed!

We had to look for a last minute purchase, and although it is a little expensive for a BBQ the family was impressed with the entire unit. Well built and sturdy. We've only used it once since purchase however it cooked enough food for over 20 people within a short period of time during our Christmas break, easy to use, inbuilt thermometer, easy to take apart and clean. It even has Bluetooth but I didn't pay a lot of attention to the extras. I wanted to make sure it was doing what it should do best, and that is cook a great BBQ!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Anthony Y

Anthony YBundoora

Delicious, juicy, flavour filled meat - everytime!

This well made, well documented BBQ is a joy to use. It's well made which means the entire hood assembly is insulated, keeping in the heat and flavour. You'll use less gas as more heat is trapped inside. The user guide, DVD and online community are also brimming with ideas. In next to no time you will be cooking steaks that your friends, neighbours and distant relatives will be writing stories about. The BBQ also features a sear station which allows super high temperatures to sear and caramelise the outside of steaks - giving that unique crossed pattern and mouth watering flavours. Had mine for over a year now and I actually enjoy showing off my cooking skills to guests.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Cat fan

Cat fantorquay

Great unit, cooks beautifully

What a great barbecue. I've had plenty of cheaper brands but I was convinced to upgrade to a Weber by my parents who have one. It was a big outlay but I couldn't be happier with it. Cooks evenly and the sear station is very useful too. Looks the business on my deck as well.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your review! We're so glad you're loving your new Genesis II E310. Happy barbecuing!

ESMLB

ESMLBMelbourne

Best BBQ

This is the best value BBQ - we use it a lot! It is well built, and it cooks so well. My previous BBQ was twice the price and simply does not match up. It heats up evenly and quickly. It also seems to be very efficient with gas (we seem to go through fewer bottles). I am very glad that I paid the extra to get it set up for me. Great BBQ.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi, thanks for your support. We're stoked to hear you're loving your Genesis II, happy barbecuing!