Weber Genesis II Series

LX E440, E410, E-310, etc...
Listing monitored by Weber

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (6) · No (2)
  • Safety

It's an outdoor oven. Severely underpowered for a grill - BBQ. Forget grilling steaks..

Purchased in April 2020.

Tony D
Tony D

Hi, thanks for the comment. I will email you using the email address provided with the details. **Replied 21/07/2021**

hazGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

overpriced nothing special

fat fires all the time. I was told to buy a plastic scraper to clean the side walls.
I went to bunnings and bought a $30.00 plate to stop fat flare up.
fat drips down the bbq and stains the deck.
uneven heat in the BBQ plate.
next time I will get a cheap one

Purchased for $1,600.00.

haz

Thank you for the reply.
WE have done all the above hence why we bought a flare up tray.
I bought a mat to put under the BBQ for now till I replace it in the new year.

Lizzzzie
LizzzzieSydney, NSW

Great barbecue but no so impressed with after sales service.

We were very happy to have our second genesis, bought 10 months ago but seldom used last summer due to the smoke from the bush fires which kept us inside a lot. When we couldn’t light it a week ago I rang Weber who offered to send us an igniter, and when I said we could fix it ourselves said someone will contact us in 7 to 10 days. If this is after sales service for warranty fix, not impressed at all. Our last one we had for 12 years.

Purchased in November 2019.

Maverick
MaverickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Oh Man, what a BBQ!!!

This replaced my old Volc-rock unit. Wow, im impressed with the cooking of the meat in all corners of the grill area (not just over the burners). I've cooked lamb chops, and 2 roasts, one pork with perfect crackling, and a leg of lamb. Cant review highly enough of this BBQ. Pat on the back Weber!!

Purchased in August 2020 at Rawsons Elite Appliances.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your fantastic review! We're so glad you're loving your Weber Genesis barbecue.

HEAD
HEADsydney
  • NG

This I can't live without

Purchased a run out genesis11 smoke grey coloured unit haven't received yet,
But went over the display model at the agent BeBeQ and they are really well made as always. I have had a few webber and this one is natural gas..
It's hard to find off the rack natural gas,which is a strange annomally considering we are all being pushed by government to go natural gas?
And most new houses offer natural gas. Update webber came on time to deliver as advised the technician /assembler was no fuss neat knew his product ,worth the wait now for the fun & every cent thanks Webber

Purchased in May 2020.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
David A.
David A.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Outstanding BBQ

Never thought l'd buy a Weber BBQ at this price range as other BBQ's seem to look more fancy and have other bells and whistles. Well at the end of the day, its all in the cooking. (Not the looking!)
This BBQ cooks everything brilliantly. From steaks, beer can chickens and anything on the rotisserie the flavours and outcome is delicious.
Its so well build and the quality is what you pay for. Worth every cent. I was actually going to spend more on a full kitchen setup in other brands. Im so glad l didnt. So happy with this Weber Genesis LX440 Premium BBQ.

Purchased in November 2018 for $2,550.00.

Charlie21Queensland

Good product but for the price?

Purchased in December 2019 for $2,000.00.

buy safe
buy safeSydney, NSW

Very disappointed with my New Weber BBQ

I Purchased the Weber only 3 months ago, I found the cooking slow and not suitable for cooking seared steaks or anything that needs high heat, The lid must be shut to cook most food.
Cleaning is a nightmare basically no matter what you do it is always looking unclean in the hood,cooking area and under the grills.
I don't know how the BBQ handles in the weather as mine is always under cover
I have had a Beafeater BBQ for more than 20 years, the Beafeater is far superior BBQ in comparison,The sales person explained that the Weber is far much better than the beafeater easy to clean and cooking is far much better, I feel I was mislead.
already I wont to dump this BBQ, I regret not buying another beafeater BBQ

Purchased in November 2019 for $2,500.00.

Slowriser
SlowriserThe Mallee, VIC

High expectations

We had high expectations of this BBQ because of the price tag. Our first cook of traditional snags, onions and potatoes wasn’t a raging success, we struggled with the concept of cooking with the lid down. However, after several cooks we have not only mastered snags and onions, but we can cook at pizza in 7 minutes flat. But to be honest, it’s roast meats and spuds that really blows our hair back. The best roast pork crackling we have EVER had, and I’ll never buy another pre cooked BBQ chicken again!
We are so impressed that we are considering a second mortgage to get one for our holiday house!

Purchased in November 2017 at Austrek for $1,299.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your fantastic review! We're so glad you're loving your Weber product.

julie l.
julie l.

So happy with our BBQ

We purchased our BBQ from BBQ galore. After looking at the smaller Q range we decided to go bigger. We use it 3 to 4 times per week for roasts and the usual BBQ delights. I’m most impressed on how the roasts turn out, succulent and tender every time.

Purchased in December 2018 at Barbeques Galore for $1,299.00.

Paul
Paul

Excellent BBQ

Date PurchasedDec 2018
geehawCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great BBQ

Excellent unit with solid construction. Very good even and consistent heat. Its a bit heavy on the gas when using it for a roast but the outcome of the food is well worth it. You have to change your cooking style as it works best with the lid closed but easy to get used to. I received a free iGrill3 as part of a promotion, at first I thought this was a bit of a gimmick but after numerous perfectly cooked pork and chicken roasts, I would highly recommend the iGrill3 as an accessory to this BBQ. Everything comes apart for easy cleaning and the grease drip tray beats the sand tray found in other BBQ's hands down. It is expensive but probably the last BBQ you will buy.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
stuff
stuffCanberra 2600, ACT

A bbq that does what it says on the tin for a long time.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Michael KEEGAN
Michael KEEGANSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Outstanding!!!

I received this BBQ for my Birthday from my wife and kids... Absolutely the best BBQ I have ever owned. It's design, for evenly heating the plate... Removing the fat.... circulating the heat... is second to none. When it come to easy of use, it's simply great. cleaning and care... sensational!.... My model BBQ comes with the iGrill, which works well but I only use for larger cooks, like whole Chickens or roasts, it give direct temperature reading straight to my phone and tells me when my food is ready.....Overall, I can't fault this BBQ, I've had it a while now and use it least three times a week.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

eXx
eXxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Good BBQ

Very good BBQ in this product!! Does what it needs to do and does it very well. Made from quality material and a very solid unit. Couldn’t be any happy with this BBQ. It makes awesome roasts not to mention what it’s designed for in BBQs. I’m sure it will last for years to come. Well worth the investment.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Susan H.
Susan H.asked
Genesis II LX E440

Why wont my dials light up

Kizasked
Genesis II Series

I have a Weber 4 burner bbq that is over 10years old and the ignition switch isn't working. It doesn't say genesis on it, but it is about the size/shape of that model. is this repairable or not?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Kiz, this is definitely something we can help with. If you give us a call on 1300301290 and have your barbecues serial number handy, we can confirm the model you've got and organise a new igniter :)

Kiz

Thanks. I had a quick look for id, but couldn't find one. Where would the serial number or model number be please?

Teacherasked
Genesis II Series

Is the genesis range used like a normal bbq with lid up

Charlie21

As far as I know all Webers are normally used lid down, but often cook breakfast lid up. Cooks a steak better lid down anyway. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that

Hi Teacher,

All of our barbecues are designed to be used with the lid down. This helps with a few things, like being more gas efficient, even cooking of your food and of course, that delicious Weber flavour comes from the smoke being circulated around the food- that wouldn't happen if the lid was open :)

See all Weber Genesis II Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Compare all 30 Weber Genesis II Series
CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $1,299.00$1,519.00$1,499.00$1,719.00
TypeFreestandingFreestandingFreestandingFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast IronCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded, On Wheels, Temperature Gauge and Warming RackGrill, Hooded, On Wheels, Temperature Gauge and Warming RackGrill, Hooded, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge and Warming RackGrill, Hooded, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge and Warming Rack
Dimensions 1200 x 1500 x 740 mm1200 x 1500 x 740 mm1200 x 1500 x 740 mm1200 x 1500 x 740 mm
Gas TypeLPGNatural GasLPGNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 3333
Gas Rate 43.8 mJ/hr43.8 mJ/hr43.8 mJ/hr43.8 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackBlackBlackBlack