Weber Summit Series Gas

Weber Summit Series Gas

E-470, E-670, E-460 (Built-in), etc...

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now

4.4

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (2) · No (0)
  • Safety
Rob S.

Rob S.South East Queensland, QLD

Is It Possible They Have Used Magic?

Certainly not the cheapest BBQ I have owned, but far and away the best! Magic results for everything from a humble sausage, to a roast pork, spit roast chicken, pizzas, roast vegies, steaks and, if you plan ahead and have the time, slow cooked pulled pork!

I have read multiple BBQ forums over the years, and been intruiged by the brand loyalty for Weber BBQ owners; I now understand why... If your budget extends this far, take the plunge !

Purchased in November 2019 for A$4,500.00.

Preheating Speed
Safety
Even Heat DistributionYes
Deborah Thomas

Deborah ThomasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Transformative For Grilling and Outdoor Entertaining

Purchased in February 2019 for A$4,200.00.

Preheating Speed

David W

David WSydney

Love it - coming up to 9 years old and going strong

Date PurchasedJul 2009

Expensive, but great all round BBQ

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Ben

BenNewcastle

Reliable and enjoyable to use

This BBQ works great for a small family and small get togethers. Great for a couple of kilo of sausages and a few steaks/veges on the grill. If you have larger requirements than that then you should look at a larger BBQ. The cooktop doesn't show any signs of rust which is great.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Ryan Carter

Ryan CarterMelbourne

I now BBQ 3-4 times a week

The flavours are so much better, I have grilled, fried, smoked and roasted in mine and it is like an oven and a BBQ in one. Cleaning is simple, cooking time is halved. I was sceptical about bbqing with the lid closed but the results are juicier and tastier. Best BBQ ever

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Graham b b q

Graham b b qLincoln uk

Awesome best BBQ on market

Arrived well packaged assembly was easy and it swiftly moved into place
Gbs system brilliant as is the built in smoker
Looks great next to my traeger 850 and my Heston hub and complements the Alfa 4 pizza oven my decking is now complete and we cook outdoors as much as possible

Date PurchasedSep 2017

domestic99

domestic99Brisbane

Apple of the BBQ world

Love my weber. Who knew when taking out that second mortgage to buy a 4 burner BBQ that it would become a beloved cooking appliance... The weight of the hood sold us on the quality of the product and how efficient it would cook. Supreme heavy weight grills and swappable flat plate. Back burner for rotisserie cooking useful and I have done a whole suckling pig to perfection. Separate smoker box makes low and slow smoking a breeze, although hard to keep temp low enough, sometimes I just have the smoker box burner going. Ignore the gimmicky lights on handles and knobs etc, the cooking functionality is superior. Oh and the searing station for finishing off reversed seared steak is just loads of fun!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

J.MCoburg, VIC

Overpriced

Date PurchasedApr 2016
goose2001

goose2001Perth

Best money ever spent

After seeing some bad reviews on here or this BBQ I had to reply!!!! (I came across them when looking for a second one for our holiday house on gumtree but no luck so far). I purchased this BBQ about two years ago. It is the best $4000 I have ever spent. So sure you can get an imitation at The big green hardware store (you know who i mean) for probably $300 but they just do not come close. Cooking on a grill is quite different from what I was used to at first rather than a bbq plate but once I mastered that our steaks now taste like they are from a restaurant. The last two xmas we have had at our place and now I'm known for the best roasts. Every sunday I do a chicken or roast on the rotisserie. Unbelievably good...

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Terrible

I purchased this weber BBQ thinking I would top all my mates BBQ's and friends and family alike would admire this awesome BBQ for not just the ludicrous amount of money I paid for it, but it's brilliant stainless steel cooking surface. Well the veges fall right through the stainless steel grill plates, and there's stuff all grill plate space to cook for more than two or three adults. My mates laugh at me for wasting so much money and for the fact I still have to use my old BBQ when they come over. The only thing more inadequate to cook for my mates now is this BBQ. Don't buy this BBQ unless you want to be as disappointed as I am.

SteveFlavelAU

Worst family investment you will ever make.

Hi Steve,
I have sent you a private message with some options. I look forward to hearing from you.

Rig30mechanic

Rig30mechanicAU

The best BBQ-bar none.

Having a large family requires a heavy-duty BBQ. My hooded Beefeater (gift from departing neighbours) was getting old, so I went to Barbeques Galore to look at a Ziegler and Brown and was immediately underwhelmed. Not impressed by the quality at all. Went searching.
Gumtree gave me a gem in a lightly used and well priced Weber Summit E470 with Rotisserie, Wok burner, Smoker (built in), flame-thrower ignition, in a beautifully built, high quality BBQ. The great customer service (free cookbook) from the distributer is also excellent.
Not one bad experience to date. Expensive to buy, but quality is remembered after the price is forgotten. I've frequently tried to save money only to learn that "a poor man usually pays twice".

Love it.

Thomas flanagan

Thomas flanagan

The ultimate bbq

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

So glad to hear you love it Thomas - it WILL give you many years of Happy Webering!
Enjoy!
Dave@WeberAustralia

Rob

Rob

This is not a BBQ its a mans dream cooking machine.

niftyone

niftyoneSouth East Queensland, QLD

foolio
foolio

Hi niftyone ... do you have a web address or name for the supplier you used? cheers

CaptDan
CaptDan
slowshuffler

slowshufflerAU

Couldn't find a better bbq!

After having a weber kettle, when we moved into a house with a (very) old oven, we wanted to purchase a bbq that could do the work of the oven. Even though this was expensive it was quite possibly the best buy we've ever made. It does take a little getting used to, as you need to cook with the lid down and for most this goes against the way they have cooked on their bbq. The best thing of all is the husband now has most of the cooking duties as nothing does it as good as the weber. We have had the bbq for 4 years now - the ignition switch went about 6 months ago. I e-mailed weber and within 2 days had a free, unasked for ignition switch arrive in the mail.
Reliable, efficient, produces great meals
Expensive

tao15

tao15Sydney, NSW

A terrific BBQ for the money and is all that it says it is. Great customer service - you can call and ask how to cook something and they are happy to tell you everything you need to know for a perfect result every time. Website has handy tips and also great recipes so that you can keep trying new things. My husband was a steak and sausages man when it came to cooking on the BBQ but now he is a gourmet chef due to being inspired by having such a great BBQ to cook on.
great looking BBQ. Ridiculously long warranty - cant believe its so good. Well built and works perfectly.
Does tend to get surface rust very quickly - we bought the full stainless model and were surprised to see surface rust within 3 months.

Phil Arnall

Phil Arnallasked

Summit E-660 (Built-in)

What are the cabinet requirements in building in an E 460 BBQ?

Janice C.asked

Summit E-470

We have a natural gas Summit BBQ and are moving to an area without natural gas. Can we get a conversion kit to change it to LPG?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Janice, yes this can happen. If you can please contact our head office on 1300 301 290, our team can coordinate the parts and any help from our technicians that you may need. Thanks!

Janice C.

Thanks! We've already had a technician come and convert it for us. Great service!

Brett F

Brett Fasked

Summit E-460 (Built-in)

Can I use the summit inside a closed conservatory?

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Compare all 16 Weber Summit Series Gas
CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) A$4,399.00A$4,399.00A$4,299.00A$4,299.00
TypeBuilt-InBuilt-InFreestandingFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
FeaturesGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, Rotisserie Compatible, Smoker, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge and Warming RackGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, Rotisserie Compatible, Smoker, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge and Warming RackGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, On Wheels, Rotisserie Compatible, Smoker, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge, Warming Rack and Wok / Side BurnerGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, On Wheels, Rotisserie Compatible, Smoker, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge, Warming Rack and Wok / Side Burner
Colour / FinishBlackBlackBlackBlack
Dimensions 1283 x 864 x 788 mm1283 x 864 x 788 mm1283 x 1677 x 674 mm1283 x 1677 x 674 mm
Gas TypeLPGNatural GasLPGNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 4444
Gas Rate 51.5 mJ/hr51.5 mJ/hr51.5 mJ/hr51.5 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare all 16 Weber Summit Series Gas