Weight Watchers

Weight Watchers

ex-Hello World Customer
ex-Hello World Customer

Can never cancel, they just keep charging you

Unhappy slimmer
Unhappy slimmerLaunceston, TAS

Great diet but cant cancel even if you cant pay

Great app for weight loss and helping to live an active lifestyle. I lost 8 kg. However, I requested cancellation of my 12 month membership and they are making me pay the remaining 6 months even though I had reduced income (work hours) due to a health problem. No sympathy no offer to pause or reduce payments. Don't be sucked in, they are there to profit at all costs. In hindsight I learned all I needed to know after one month. Don’t sign up for a long contract, it doesn’t end up cheaper if this happens to you.

Kathy K.
Kathy K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rip off

Tried sending emails to cancel membership there response was that they don’t accept cancellation by email WTH in this day and age was told to ring number but won’t connect
Well l have the last laugh l paid by pay pal and cancelled my Paulson they can’t take it out and blocked their emails screw them weight watchers used to be good
My diet app is free and so much better save your money

Jill
JillSydney

Mustard Steak

Steak was very tough. Peas and Carrots ok, Potatoes like little rocks. I was expecting for the price for this to taste better. I would not buy WW meals again.

Unhappy
Unhappy Sydney, NSW

Waste of money

Would not recommend this at all if you need help with deciding what foods to eat throughout the day and meal planning. I joined weight watchers for my daughter this time because years ago I joined it and thought it was amazing, based on meal plans. This time however I did it for one week and found it time consuming just trying to meal plan, then the app is very similar to my fitness pal which is free. I called to cancel cause this is not what I needed from a weight loss program and struggled to see what I was paying for, but no I couldn’t get a refund so I have now paid for 3 months for what??? An app! Very disappointed

Megan
MeganGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible, Unethical company

Terrible customer service

Do not sign up for the free trial, they lock you into a 13 month contract after just 5 days and continue to take money out of your account and refuse to help you out if you want to stop it. Terrible customer service and terms and conditions

Happy
HappyFar North Queensland, QLD

Life style change

I have returned to WW many times over my life as I find it an eating program that is realistic to follow because it allows you to have anything and everything you normally enjoy. It is a program that is easy to follow and the recipes are fantastic. I love to cook so everyday I can easily make delicious meals from a huge selection on their website. The app is fantastic and it’s the best it has ever been. I believe it is one of the best programs on the market for sustainable weight loss today.

OllieM
OllieMSydney, NSW

Disappointing

Extremely disappointed with the new WW. Tried Digital membership, basically paid to list my food & activity. Their Fiton page didn’t work.. too long to get thru to ‘24/7 Coaches’. On one occasion, waited 35mins & gave up. Don’t waste your money. Try FitBit or other health/weight loss platform.

So easy to use

I love the WW app. It keeps me accountable for everything i eat or drink. Didnt realise how many calories in the smallest things. Im lovjng the easy,large range of recipes and excercise programs.
I am feeling very motivated and have lost 300 g in just 3 days so far. Not feeling hungry either.

Carole Wallace
Carole WallacePerth, Western Australia

Over complicated

I joined about a week ago & since then I've been trying to use the program. Simple things like adding food to your daily diary are basically impossible. The app is extremely complicated. I wrote to their online coach explaining my frustration & sent an email to their customer service cancelling my membership. Yesterday I actually rang & was told I'd missed the cooling off period & would have to pay for the entire 3 mths. I told them their app is not fit for purpose. I then reread the pages long contract & still really don't know what the conditions are. They are obviously good & getting money out of people. However, I intend to ring consumer affairs. As Kylie stated, "the app is so bad".

Peta B.
Peta B.Great Southern, WA

Gosh reading these reviews I don't think I will waste my money joining up to WW. Sounds like they need to be reported to the ACCC for lack of service.

Kylie
KylieSydney, NSW

Worst App ever

I joined yesterday because it was half price and thought WW must really care about peoples health to have the program so cheap. I can see now that it is so cheap because the app is soon bad.
You would think after all these years WW would be able to produce an app that not only works, but is simple for everyto use. This App is certainly not it.
Reading the comments below i was a bit suprised that people have called WW and told that they can't get out of a program because they are under contract. So are they!!! Their contract is what they produce will actually work. This does do what it says it will do.
Calling Ww and department of Fair trading ( and possibly the media) tomorrow.

Lifesgood77
Lifesgood77Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Difficult to Sustain medium & long term

Mobile App features food diary, food scanner, Recipes, pedometer, meditation, exercise routines Etc with Weekly Zoom Meeting currently AU$77 per month. Expensive many Similar features are Free or cheaper online

Hendo
Hendo

Very disappointing

Tried Lamb Meatballs last night and Peri Peri Chicken tonight. Both meals swimming in watery liquid which swamped meat and vegetables, unpleasant texture and aftertaste. I won’t buy this brand again as I feel my money was wasted.