Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

WBB3400WH (White), WBB3400PF (Vibrant Silver), WBB3400AH (Arctic Silver)

• Internal Layout

bhooGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not buy!

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for $760.00.

Household Size4 person(s)

Updated review

Purchased in March 2020 at Noel Leeming Physical store for $800.00.

DisappointedMid North Coast, NSW

Very average build quality

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for $460.00.

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Jims

JimsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Door open direction can be DIY changed

Overall is good, quite quiet.

Would be great if light inside could be brighter.

After I put all stuffs in, found that the door direction could be changed by myself, would be better if user manual provide the guidance.

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online for $751.00.

Household Size3 person(s)
Diego M.

Diego M.Sydney, NSW

After 3 years it just stopped working

It looks beautiful but after 3 years it just stopped working. The technician just found out it was the main board that stopped. Let’s try another brand that can last longer than three years. A bit disappointed.

Purchased in March 2016 at Bing Lee for $870.00.

Household Size3 person(s)
mehdi n.

mehdi n.Sydney, NSW

Don't buy this Fridge

I bought this Fridge 2 weeks ago, from first day it has non stopping cracking sound, I think it's normal sound and it may gone after couple of days! and now after passing 2 weeks sound get more, we can't sleep over the night because of this sound! it's not motor sound, it's more like plastic cracking sound coming from body of fridge! I bought it from appliancesonline , I asked them to do money back because they sold faulty product to me, but they not accept it, I asked them to send technician they said if noting wrong with fridge you need to pay $140!
DON'T buy this Fridge it's really rubbish. DON'T buy it from appliancesonline they don't do any thing for you!

Purchased in July 2019 at appliancesonline for $729.00.

Melinduck

MelinduckSydney, NSW

Fantastic First Fridge

Purchased in December 2018 at Appliances Online for $879.00.

Household Size1 person(s)
day man

day manAU

Great little fridge perfect for 2 people

I have had this fridge for six months now and I really cannot fault it. There is adequate freezer and fridge space for two people. I have never run out of room or had a problem.

Only criticism is the crisper draw feels like it is slightly not wide enough and slips of the drawer rails especially when full due to the weight.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Betty

BettyLaunceston Tasmania

Shuts down when temperature in room drops below 10 degrees

My fridge freezer has turned itself off whilst I was away for 3weeks, for the second time that I know of. According to the service tech who talked to the service dept at Electrolux, when the house is not heated above 10 degrees this fridge stops running. I purchased this appliance in May 2015, and although this is out of warranty, I feel this problem should be rectified. As I live in Tasmania we regularly have days where temperatures drop below 10 degrees. I see this model is now discontinued!!

Date PurchasedMay 2015

April

AprilPerth, WA

Bottom mount fridge

I recommend this model as a basic unit suitable for two, maximum of three persons, if you live in the city close to supermarkets. Pros: recommend this fridge model for it's low cost - value, bottom mount freezer, met the smaller size width dimension yet had height I required, quiet, no noticeable motor noise, being light weight is easy to move by one person, has two bottom feet, does what it says, have not experienced any concerns. Cons: freezer drawer runner catches when semi-loaded, could be designed better as slider slots indicate cheap low quality with the drawer not sliding smoothly in and out, blank canvas and plain.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

So far so crap

So disappointed in this fridge, it seems to continuously run even after being closed for long periods, the compressor whines when in operation, my 25yo replaced Westinghouse didn't make a sound, and the larger bins flap around in their runners and quite often jump out jamming it so crap

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Fiona

FionaSydney

Compact fridge with great storage

Great functional compact fridge that fits a weeks family shopping. I cook a lot of fresh food and don't use the freezer much so having it on the bottom is a lot better. I don't have to bend down for the vegetable drawer. Great function is that it beeps when you have it open too long.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Jackie

JackieSydney

Great compact size

This fridge is a great compact size for a small family and has plenty of room for the organised person.
It maintains good temperature in all areas of the fridge and freezer. I like the fridge on top and the freezer at the bottom. It's a good height.
It is very quiet and easy to keep clean.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Lelly

LellyAdelaide

Beautiful Fridge

This fridge is perfect, no noise, very bright, plenty of room, keeps everything nice and cold. Plenty of room in freezer compartment. I'm 75 and have never waivered off this brand. Always reliable. I would certainly recommend, what more is there to say, if needing a fridge go for it

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Lauren

LaurenSydney

Fabulous Fridge!

I love this fridge. I have wanted an upside-down fridge for some time and this one is both affordable and excellent. I found the value for money to be great. I know some people have complained about the noise but I don't find it loud at all, I cannot hear it from the lounge or dining room at all.

It is easy to clean and easy to organise. I love the ice tray also. It is not a large fridge but it suits our family of 4 perfectly. I find having a fridge that is smaller rather than larger means you don't keep unnecessary or expired things in there and I find I clean it out more frequently which is good.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jill Langtree

Jill LangtreeMid North Coast, NSW

Petfect fridge for Apartment living

I love my Westinghouse 34ltr upside down fridge.
Living in a studio flat I needed a small but roomy fridge that wouldn't jeep me awake all bight with a noisy motor running 24/7.
Its so quiet! Great freezer capacity and fridge size is perfect for me. Vegetable crisper keeps everything so fresh and food in fridge chilled to perfection. Vest fridge I've bought to date.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Leo L

Leo LAU

very good fridge

The temperature is very stable in both compartments
Very quite operation
Smooth surface easy to clean
Very good qualify, highly recommend!
Bought from Harvey norman QV
Freezer at the bottom very good design product
When taking the drinks or fresh vegetables from the fridge is very easy to reach!
Good size for 2 people

Date PurchasedJan 2017
dlovep

dlovepNSW, 2033

Just an average joe

Jackie

JackieMelbourne

Reliable

Maintains good temperature throughtout, fairly quiet and enough space for a family of 2. The only issue I would say is the ice cube trays built in to the freezer are a bit clunky in design but overall it has been a reliable fridge. I Would recommend it to others.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
RegentsRobbo

RegentsRobboKambah 2902, ACT

It's only OK.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Anne W.asked

340L Bottom Mount WBB3400WH (White)

Hello. I bought this fridge March 2020. It seems to be running ok BUT it makes loud popping/cracking noises throughout the day. Last night there was as big bang. I just want to know what the noises are and if I should be concerned?? I have a long warranty. Thanks Anne

bhoo

Hi Anne, mine seemed to be running very loudly. not many cracks and pops from memory. More so louder than normal. And then one day there was no noise coming from the fridge at all meaning that it was no longer running.
I'd suggest getting a technician in to have a look since you are still under warranty. I would do so asap before the fridge actually stops working and all your food goes off while waiting for a replacement.

Anne W.

Thank you bhoo. Good advice! I have booked a technician for next week. I just think mine has more bang noises than crack noises as described in manual. Hope you got a new fridge ok. Cheers

mandimum

mandimumasked

340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

Ever since I’ve had this fridge the crisper at the bottom has frozen up all my veges and anything in the very back of the fridge. Is there anyway to fix this. So much money spent on wasted fruit and veg

paul t.
paul t.

Yes i have heard of that problem before.You will need to contact Westinghouse as the fridge may be still in the warranty period.I own this fridge and the vege crisper does not freeze up.Hope this helps you,Cheers Paul

Nyrell Greenaway

Nyrell Greenawayasked

340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

Can the door of the fridge open left to right

Hi Nyrell
the one I bought is already hinged L to R ie facing it, it opens from the left and swings right, but by the look of it located on top of the fridge is a plastic cover (top left hand side) which I assume are probably mount bracket holes allowing the door to be hinged on the left hence swinging R to L, same with the freezer door. There are also handles in both fridge and freezer doors to open them from either side

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Compare all 3 Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,349.00$1,249.00
Dimensions 1645 x 598 x 650 mm1645 x 598 x 650 mm1646 x 598 x 661 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / FinishArctic SilverWhiteVibrant Silver
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins111
Door Hinge Reversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity