After 3 years it just stopped working

It looks beautiful but after 3 years it just stopped working. The technician just found out it was the main board that stopped. Let’s try another brand that can last longer than three years. A bit disappointed.

Purchased in March 2016 at Bing Lee for $870.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Don't buy this Fridge

I bought this Fridge 2 weeks ago, from first day it has non stopping cracking sound, I think it's normal sound and it may gone after couple of days! and now after passing 2 weeks sound get more, we can't sleep over the night because of this sound! it's not motor sound, it's more like plastic cracking sound coming from body of fridge! I bought it from appliancesonline , I asked them to do money back because they sold faulty product to me, but they not accept it, I asked them to send technician they said if noting wrong with fridge you need to pay $140!
DON'T buy this Fridge it's really rubbish. DON'T buy it from appliancesonline they don't do any thing for you!

Purchased in July 2019 at appliancesonline for $729.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Fantastic First Fridge

I moved into a one bedroom that had an extremely tight kitchen space, making it difficult when shopping for a fridge. The only reason I gravitated towards Westinghouse is because the built-in oven and stove in my flat is also Westinghouse and I prefer consistency - and I am sure glad that lead me to this fridge!

This fridge stood out because of how functional it was despite the narrow design. I specifically wanted an upside down fridge as I don't use the freezer much given that I am a one person household. It wasn't difficult to decide this was the one after reviewing the price and comparing it to other fridges. I spent some time looking at other fridges and surprisingly could not find anything with the narrow design I was looking for with the freezer at the bottom.

After reading the negative side of reviews before and after purchasing it, I do agree with some of them in that the draws in the freezer are not the smoothest and the egg tray has only 10 slots?! Honestly though that would not have changed my mind even if I got to try the fridge for free to start.

It's important to note that I have never had a fridge worthy of a review before, and this being my first brand new fridge for my first time living alone, it is absolutely fantastic. It ticks all the boxes for me and I can easily overlook the few minor cons given the price, design and functionality of the entire unit.

Purchased in December 2018 at Appliances Online for $879.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 1 person(s)

Great little fridge perfect for 2 people

I have had this fridge for six months now and I really cannot fault it. There is adequate freezer and fridge space for two people. I have never run out of room or had a problem.

Only criticism is the crisper draw feels like it is slightly not wide enough and slips of the drawer rails especially when full due to the weight.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Shuts down when temperature in room drops below 10 degrees

My fridge freezer has turned itself off whilst I was away for 3weeks, for the second time that I know of. According to the service tech who talked to the service dept at Electrolux, when the house is not heated above 10 degrees this fridge stops running. I purchased this appliance in May 2015, and although this is out of warranty, I feel this problem should be rectified. As I live in Tasmania we regularly have days where temperatures drop below 10 degrees. I see this model is now discontinued!!

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Bottom mount fridge

I recommend this model as a basic unit suitable for two, maximum of three persons, if you live in the city close to supermarkets. Pros: recommend this fridge model for it's low cost - value, bottom mount freezer, met the smaller size width dimension yet had height I required, quiet, no noticeable motor noise, being light weight is easy to move by one person, has two bottom feet, does what it says, have not experienced any concerns. Cons: freezer drawer runner catches when semi-loaded, could be designed better as slider slots indicate cheap low quality with the drawer not sliding smoothly in and out, blank canvas and plain.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

So far so crap

So disappointed in this fridge, it seems to continuously run even after being closed for long periods, the compressor whines when in operation, my 25yo replaced Westinghouse didn't make a sound, and the larger bins flap around in their runners and quite often jump out jamming it so crap

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi STONEYP, Shannan from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse WBB3400WG. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Shannan. Thanks, Shannan

Compact fridge with great storage

Great functional compact fridge that fits a weeks family shopping. I cook a lot of fresh food and don't use the freezer much so having it on the bottom is a lot better. I don't have to bend down for the vegetable drawer. Great function is that it beeps when you have it open too long.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great compact size

This fridge is a great compact size for a small family and has plenty of room for the organised person.
It maintains good temperature in all areas of the fridge and freezer. I like the fridge on top and the freezer at the bottom. It's a good height.
It is very quiet and easy to keep clean.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Beautiful Fridge

This fridge is perfect, no noise, very bright, plenty of room, keeps everything nice and cold. Plenty of room in freezer compartment. I'm 75 and have never waivered off this brand. Always reliable. I would certainly recommend, what more is there to say, if needing a fridge go for it

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Fabulous Fridge!

I love this fridge. I have wanted an upside-down fridge for some time and this one is both affordable and excellent. I found the value for money to be great. I know some people have complained about the noise but I don't find it loud at all, I cannot hear it from the lounge or dining room at all.

It is easy to clean and easy to organise. I love the ice tray also. It is not a large fridge but it suits our family of 4 perfectly. I find having a fridge that is smaller rather than larger means you don't keep unnecessary or expired things in there and I find I clean it out more frequently which is good.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Petfect fridge for Apartment living

I love my Westinghouse 34ltr upside down fridge.
Living in a studio flat I needed a small but roomy fridge that wouldn't jeep me awake all bight with a noisy motor running 24/7.
Its so quiet! Great freezer capacity and fridge size is perfect for me. Vegetable crisper keeps everything so fresh and food in fridge chilled to perfection. Vest fridge I've bought to date.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

very good fridge

The temperature is very stable in both compartments
Very quite operation
Smooth surface easy to clean
Very good qualify, highly recommend!
Bought from Harvey norman QV
Freezer at the bottom very good design product
When taking the drinks or fresh vegetables from the fridge is very easy to reach!
Good size for 2 people

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Just an average joe

Pro:
Width under 60cm (595mm) narrow enough for today's tiny apartment kitchen
Fridge big enough for family of 4
Fruit drawer fit for purpose and keep most vegetables fresh around week

Con:
Non-practical Smart Flexi-space tray, you can only fit very limited items, traditional tray more usable.
Freezer's drawer is somehow useless and small, a 4L ice cream will used up half a drawer on biggest one.
Ice maker tray is too swallow for 2nd time ice making, will jam the right side tray all the time.
10 eggs tray only (Not sure why is missing 2 ? the designer took it ?)

Overall, if my fridge space is wider than 60cm, this fridge will never on my list, also I would rather they turn the size of fridge into freezer, as frozen space are more practical when you have a family of 4, 4L Ice cream took half a space from the biggest freezer drawer, you cant even stand a 1L ice cream in any other drawer than the biggest one. End up frozen raw meat share with Ice cream tray every time.

Very average fridge that are mostly for family of 3 and don't expect you can fit the frozen foods for 4 people, the freezer drawer make it useless and when you try to stack, it will took some time before it freeze the top area.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Reliable

Maintains good temperature throughtout, fairly quiet and enough space for a family of 2. The only issue I would say is the ice cube trays built in to the freezer are a bit clunky in design but overall it has been a reliable fridge. I Would recommend it to others.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

It's only OK.

I recently moved to Canberra and upon moving in my fridge space was too small to fit my large 500L Westinghouse Upside down fridge in.

I normally make any major purchase by accessing Choice and checking out their comprehensive fridge tests. I also check out productreview.com.au as well. I did this with my previous large Westinghouse fridge and it was a fantastic fridge both in function and features and never let me down. I really needed to find a fridge to fit the tiny space in my new kitchen so I assumed that Westinghouse would still be a good choice and I didn't bother reading the Choice testing reviews on the new model I am reviewing today. In hindsight wish I had! If I had I wouldn't have purchased this model.

When the fridge arrived it wasn't cooling down both in the fridge and freezer section. I gave it a few days and the benefit of the doubt to allow for adjustments to the thermostat control. After 3 days I was only getting about 5c in the fridge and between -5 & -10 in the freezer. I believe you need at least -18 so I call The Good Guys who arrange for the Westinghouse agent to come out. The tech comes out and it appears that I might have a gas leak and that the unit has to go back to their workshop for assessment and repair. Enforcing my consumer rights under the ACL I advise that this is not acceptable to me so I called the Good Guys and they advised that they would swap it over for a new replacement unit. Unfortunately they didn't have any stock so I had to wait until the one they ordered from Westinghouse came in.

OK so the following is the review for the new replacement model which works ok. It is only just acceptable.

Good points.
Quiet
Adjustable shelves.
Good fridge space and fridge door space and shelf adjustment.
Nice looking inside and out.
Big crisper (but only 1 so you can't separate veggies and fruit)
Big enough for single people or small family of 1-3 people.
Rear rollers and quite light so you can pull it out easily.

Bad points
Only 1 crisper (you have to store veggies and fruit together)
Egg tray (only can store 10 eggs) who designed that when you buy your eggs in a dozen pack normally?
Temperature fluctuations in Freezer. You can tell because the ice cream gets really soft.
Freezer drawers are a pain to open and close. They don't slide out smoothly.
The ice cube section with ice cube tray takes up a lot of space in freezer.
Made in Thailand.

All in all a bit disappointed with this fridge. Next time I will make sure to check out the reviews first!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I only write what I don't like

I own this machine for 8 months, my experience:
1. Colour temperature of LED lighting in fridge compartment is just too cold to gain my appetite.
2. The body generates heat more than usual compare with 5 fridges I owned in the past.
3. Manual ice cubes maker in freezer compartment cannot slide in and out smoothly it may be limited by material and structure design, and I have to operate with extra care to prevent water spill out of the tray.
4. (I may be overly picky about this) I often use crisper for vegetable and fruits, and I expect this step to be done in one go, but because without rails help, the drawer seems to need more effort to maintain the balance when pulling out and pushing back in, so the feel is not very smoothly.
Overall it's a decent product, I know people would say: Dude! you get what you pay for! ...and it's wrong, all defects I mentioned could be solved by improving the design just a little bit, not the cost.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Excellenst small fridge good star rating

The fridge is nice and quiet.
A great feature of this fridge was the 3.5 star rating. The other similar priced fridges were from obscure Chinese brands that only had 2.0 to 2.5 star ratings! This would make them more expensive in the long run.

Well planned shelving inside. Like the freezer on the bottom.

The fridge had good instructions on temp settings for prevailing seasonal weather. Also has good instructions on the crisper settings for different veggies.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

love my very quiet Westinghouse fridge.

My daughter and her husband purchased this fridge for us for easier access to the fridge area, being elderly, with the freezer at the bottom. It is so quite, I often wonder if it is even working and the temperatures of both fridge and freezer departments is just perfect. The ease of removing the ice from the containers is so simple. Love love love my Westinghouse.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Does the job for a small family

Basic but stylish fridge, with capacity suited towards a small (2p) family. There's also the potential to change the preferred side of the door which I personally liked the option for. However, found that there were not enough side compartments if you're like me and have a lot of small bottles and the like to store seperately

Date PurchasedOct 2017

How do I stop the fruit and veg from freezer have freezer section turned to low and vent open but still having veg freeze in crisper./

Can I download a reference booklet for Model WTB3400WG?
Cynthia, go to, type in New Zealand Westinghouse web address where you can download the manual under that model number.

How to change to left hand door? Have ACC096 Kit,but howls in left top have no thread, tried 5mm tap but hard paint or??? is blocking. Been told it cost $115.00 for service to look at it.

Westinghouse WBB3400AG (Arctic Silver)Westinghouse WBB3400WG (White)Westinghouse WBB3400WA (White)Westinghouse WBB3400PA (Pacific Silver)Westinghouse WBB3400PF (Frost Free, Silver)Westinghouse WBB3400WF (Frost Free, White)
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,049$999
Dimensions 1645 x 598 x 650 mm1645 x 598 x 650 mm1646 x 598 x 661 mm1646 x 598 x 661 mm1646 x 598 x 661 mm1646 x 598 x 661 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm Door Alarm and Frost FreeFrost Free
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelWhiteWhitePacific SilverSilverWhite
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves343333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 111111
Door Hinge Reversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity
Total Capacity 340 L340 L340 L340 L340 L340 L
Fridge Capacity 238 L237 L237 L237 L237 L237 L
Freezer Capacity 102 L102 L103 L103 L102 L102 L
Replaced byWestinghouse WBB3400WF (Frost Free, White)Westinghouse WBB3400PF (Frost Free, Silver)

Download manual