Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

WBB3400WH (White), WBB3400PF (Vibrant Silver), WBB3400AH (Arctic Silver)
Listing monitored by Westinghouse

• Internal Layout
bhooGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not buy!

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for $760.00.

Updated review

Purchased in March 2020 at Noel Leeming Physical store for $800.00.

DisappointedMid North Coast, NSW

Very average build quality

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for $460.00.

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Jims
JimsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Door open direction can be DIY changed

Overall is good, quite quiet.

Would be great if light inside could be brighter.

After I put all stuffs in, found that the door direction could be changed by myself, would be better if user manual provide the guidance.

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online for $751.00.

Diego M.
Diego M.Sydney, NSW

After 3 years it just stopped working

It looks beautiful but after 3 years it just stopped working. The technician just found out it was the main board that stopped. Let’s try another brand that can last longer than three years. A bit disappointed.

Purchased in March 2016 at Bing Lee for $870.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
mehdi n.
mehdi n.Sydney, NSW

Don't buy this Fridge

I bought this Fridge 2 weeks ago, from first day it has non stopping cracking sound, I think it's normal sound and it may gone after couple of days! and now after passing 2 weeks sound get more, we can't sleep over the night because of this sound! it's not motor sound, it's more like plastic cracking sound coming from body of fridge! I bought it from appliancesonline , I asked them to do money back because they sold faulty product to me, but they not accept it, I asked them to send technician they said if noting wrong with fridge you need to pay $140!
DON'T buy this Fridge it's really rubbish. DON'T buy it from appliancesonline they don't do any thing for you!

Purchased in July 2019 at appliancesonline for $729.00.

Melinduck
MelinduckSydney, NSW

Fantastic First Fridge

Purchased in December 2018 at Appliances Online for $879.00.

day man
day manAU

Great little fridge perfect for 2 people

I have had this fridge for six months now and I really cannot fault it. There is adequate freezer and fridge space for two people. I have never run out of room or had a problem.

Only criticism is the crisper draw feels like it is slightly not wide enough and slips of the drawer rails especially when full due to the weight.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Betty
BettyLaunceston Tasmania

Shuts down when temperature in room drops below 10 degrees

My fridge freezer has turned itself off whilst I was away for 3weeks, for the second time that I know of. According to the service tech who talked to the service dept at Electrolux, when the house is not heated above 10 degrees this fridge stops running. I purchased this appliance in May 2015, and although this is out of warranty, I feel this problem should be rectified. As I live in Tasmania we regularly have days where temperatures drop below 10 degrees. I see this model is now discontinued!!

Date PurchasedMay 2015

April
AprilPerth, WA

Bottom mount fridge

I recommend this model as a basic unit suitable for two, maximum of three persons, if you live in the city close to supermarkets. Pros: recommend this fridge model for it's low cost - value, bottom mount freezer, met the smaller size width dimension yet had height I required, quiet, no noticeable motor noise, being light weight is easy to move by one person, has two bottom feet, does what it says, have not experienced any concerns. Cons: freezer drawer runner catches when semi-loaded, could be designed better as slider slots indicate cheap low quality with the drawer not sliding smoothly in and out, blank canvas and plain.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

So far so crap

So disappointed in this fridge, it seems to continuously run even after being closed for long periods, the compressor whines when in operation, my 25yo replaced Westinghouse didn't make a sound, and the larger bins flap around in their runners and quite often jump out jamming it so crap

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Fiona
FionaSydney

Compact fridge with great storage

Great functional compact fridge that fits a weeks family shopping. I cook a lot of fresh food and don't use the freezer much so having it on the bottom is a lot better. I don't have to bend down for the vegetable drawer. Great function is that it beeps when you have it open too long.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Jackie
JackieSydney

Great compact size

This fridge is a great compact size for a small family and has plenty of room for the organised person.
It maintains good temperature in all areas of the fridge and freezer. I like the fridge on top and the freezer at the bottom. It's a good height.
It is very quiet and easy to keep clean.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Lelly
LellyAdelaide

Beautiful Fridge

This fridge is perfect, no noise, very bright, plenty of room, keeps everything nice and cold. Plenty of room in freezer compartment. I'm 75 and have never waivered off this brand. Always reliable. I would certainly recommend, what more is there to say, if needing a fridge go for it

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Lauren
LaurenSydney

Fabulous Fridge!

I love this fridge. I have wanted an upside-down fridge for some time and this one is both affordable and excellent. I found the value for money to be great. I know some people have complained about the noise but I don't find it loud at all, I cannot hear it from the lounge or dining room at all.

It is easy to clean and easy to organise. I love the ice tray also. It is not a large fridge but it suits our family of 4 perfectly. I find having a fridge that is smaller rather than larger means you don't keep unnecessary or expired things in there and I find I clean it out more frequently which is good.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Read more reviews - page 2

Harleyasked
340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

Just bought in NZ a 340L and very disappointed with the noise it makes. Being 2021 I thought we would have very little noise. Also in the manual it says it has a adjustment for the freezer. We Can't find that.

paul t.

Hi Look at your manual that comes with the fridge/freezer.Location of temperature controls are in there.Cheers Paul

Harley

Are, had fridge apart. Can find fridge but not freezer. Thanks

Hi Harley,
I am having similar issues, i'm assuming its the compressor but i'm no expert, i also have trouble with the plastic draws in both fridge and freezer (they keep jumping off the runners, i have had these replaced twice but it still happens). The controls for the compartment temperatures on mine are located in fridge section on back wall below the light, mine are slide mechanisms first the fridge area then freezer area directly below this.
I complained to the place of purchase who put me in touch with the manufacture who in my case gave me a reference number and contact details of my local appliance tech. All in all personally i am very disappointed with this product and would never buy another Westinghouse appliance, and certainly won't recommend them.
Hope this helps

Anne W.asked
340L Bottom Mount WBB3400WH (White)

Hello. I bought this fridge March 2020. It seems to be running ok BUT it makes loud popping/cracking noises throughout the day. Last night there was as big bang. I just want to know what the noises are and if I should be concerned?? I have a long warranty. Thanks Anne

bhoo

Hi Anne, mine seemed to be running very loudly. not many cracks and pops from memory. More so louder than normal. And then one day there was no noise coming from the fridge at all meaning that it was no longer running.
I'd suggest getting a technician in to have a look since you are still under warranty. I would do so asap before the fridge actually stops working and all your food goes off while waiting for a replacement.

Anne W.

Thank you bhoo. Good advice! I have booked a technician for next week. I just think mine has more bang noises than crack noises as described in manual. Hope you got a new fridge ok. Cheers

mandimum
mandimumasked
340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

Ever since I’ve had this fridge the crisper at the bottom has frozen up all my veges and anything in the very back of the fridge. Is there anyway to fix this. So much money spent on wasted fruit and veg

paul t.

Yes i have heard of that problem before.You will need to contact Westinghouse as the fridge may be still in the warranty period.I own this fridge and the vege crisper does not freeze up.Hope this helps you,Cheers Paul

See all Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Compare all 3 Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,349.00$1,249.00
Dimensions 1645 x 598 x 650 mm1645 x 598 x 650 mm1646 x 598 x 661 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins111
Door Hinge Reversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishArctic SilverWhiteVibrant Silver