Westinghouse 453L Bottom Mount

• Internal Layout

JaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

High pitched noise

Nice fridge except for the high pitched whine noise it has. A bit like your ears are ringing! The freezer doesn’t seem to have as much space as my old 442 litre fridge. The door can also be a bit hard to open causing the whole fridge to move. I could put up with the lack of freezer space and the door but the noise is VERY annoying. I have read about other people complaining about the same thing.
Edit: A few weeks on and I’m sort of used to the noise. The crisper drawer feels a bit flimsy but it is a nice fridge. Our electricity consumption has definitely dropped. I think it’s very energy efficient.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys.

Katie K

Katie KSydney, NSW

4 days in and it’s hell

Purchased in February 2020 at Winning Appliances WA, O'Connor for $988.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

The worst appliance I've ever purchased

I've had nothing but trouble with this fridge since I bought it. The door warped twice and had to be replaced. The main chip was faulty and had to be replaced (just stopped working one day). I was told by the repairman that he was replacing lots of these faulty chips in this model. The door handle broke off twice due to poor design and the fridges door suction (which is inconsistent). And to top it off, it keeps freezing items in the fridge portion even at the lowest temperature setting. There is no consistency with temperature. I have never hated a product so much.

Purchased in March 2016 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse 453L Bottom Mount compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Disappointed- company disregard for environmental footprint

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Richard

RichardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Westinghouse Fridge WBE4500 BB

Bought the 453L bottom mount fridge and the fridge stopped working with in two months, called Westinghouse , Westinghouse sent the technician on the same day, technician concluded that the compressor was bust and recommended a replacement. Westinghouse unable to replace the fridge for more than a week. Disappointing. No compensation was offered for inconvenience.

Kelley R

Kelley RPerth, WA

Reliable Fridge - Design Improvements Needed

Purchased in June 2019 at RetraVision for $888.00.

maldemer

maldemerPeel, WA

Badly designed main door handle

Bought from Harvey Norman Mandurah WA Store in November 2018. Fridge has worked well until recently during hot weather, really good door seals made opening difficult due to air cooling inside causing difficulty in opening main fridge door. The extra pulling force on the handle caused handle to break off and we had to crack the seal before opening the door by pulling the top of the door. Very poor mechanical design on the handle clips with flimsy plastic retainers caused the failure. A replacement handle under warranty took weeks to arrive with instructions to DIY installation. Some redesign of the mounting is definitely required to provide a stronger fitting

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Nicholas D.

Nicholas D.South East Queensland, QLD

Hasn't stopped yet

Had the fridge for 1 year so far and it has been a set and forget experience. Very low power usage compared to my older fridge of 7 yrs. Only gripe would be with the design of the freezer, with all the compartments and ice drawer it really reduces usable space.

Purchased in December 2018 at Betta Home Living for $1,199.00.

Chris S

Chris SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not cooling in less than 3 years

Bought the fridge in March 2017 and up until a week age I was happy with the product and then it has lost the ability to cool anything. The fridge can now just do 14 degrees. Not good enough if you need 3-7 degrees for food and medicine.
Called the hotline and all they said was 'out of warranty', provided me with some phone numbers to give the service people a call to get it fixed at my expense.
The fridge is less than 3 years old, where is the customer care? Not sure if the brand / manufacture is proud of its product and performance as it seems I'm not the only one with cooling issues.

Purchased in March 2017 for $999.00.

Review

Review

Great fridge

This fridge has been excellent, love the bottom mount configuration with drawers. Looks stylish. Specialised fridge tupperware works better than the crisper drawers. If anything it is a bit small and it gets filled quickly, but there was only the space to put a small fridge in the kitchen. The door baskets help free up some space as they are spacious and the sides of the baskets are high enough that short items will not fall out when opening the drawer too fast.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee for $939.00.

FreshGal

FreshGal

Great fridge

I really like the fridge and it keeps food cold however my only bug bear is the layout. I feel like the space could be better utilised. Other than that it’s a great fridge!

Purchased in October 2018 at Appliances Online for $1,098.00.

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

Very reliable

Everything fits perfect. Good on electricity and very quiet. I like the fact the freezer is on the lower level. I will recommend this product to all my friends and family.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $798.00.

Scott

ScottMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dony bother.

Had it 2 years now.

Died on xmas eve 2016 and we were stuffed until a few days later.
Was promised a voucher to redeemfor replacing lost contents, still waiting.
Eventually replaced fridge for "new" which had dent in it, obviously floor stock.
Just died again.
Its the fan for the fridge.
The tech guy knew it before he walked in.
Terrible fridge.

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)
Ka

KaPerth, WA

Huge and Shiny

Was going to buy a Haier fridge but after seeing the width will only allow 5mm on each sides, I decided to get this Westinghouse which will have 3cm on each sides (the space in my son's kitchen only 800mm width. And its has bottom freezer and a compact ice maker which my son love. I had many Westinghouse fridges before, so I better stick to one and have a very good discount before spending more than $3G at The Good Guys. It has simple front design, the ONLY drawback its come only on Right Hand opening so if your fridge cavity is on your left than taking eggs out to the cooking bench you have to close the door first but for its sleek and white design plus plenty of space inside I am ok with it.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Spent a long time reseaching. We’ve owned this fridge for 3 years and love it. Nothing bad to report

I spent more time researching and deliberating when I bought a fridge than when I bought my house. Now it’s been 3 years since I bought this fridge (and my aunt bought one too) and I am just as happy as the day I bought it.

Most online reviews are written after something goes wrong so it’s hard to get a sense for the overall quality or reliability of a given fridge.

I’m happy to report that nothing has gone wrong in 3 years for my aunt or me. The fridge is reliable, quiet, efficient and user friendly.

The main selling points for me were the stainless steel look and option of a left hand side opening door.

Purchased in March 2016 at Bing Lee.

justin

Date PurchasedNov 2018
UnHappy

UnHappyPerth

Awesome fridge

This fridge is great. It is whisper quiet and has plenty of space inside considering its external dimensions. The features inside such as child proof lockable storage for safety, bottle rack and led lighting make it very functionally suitable. A reliable brand with local Australian support. Highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Martin C

Martin CSydney, NSW

Below expectations

Date PurchasedOct 2018

good

This refrigerator has been used in my home for a while. First of all, this refrigerator is very cost-effective. It is really affordable. It is very suitable for our small family. Because the refrigerator is not very large, it does not take up too much space. This is great, so far, the refrigerator is working very well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Msk

Mskasked

WBE4500WA (White)

How to remove freezer drawer

Jane

The book says to pull the drawer forward then lift the front up off the slides.

GregL

GregLasked

WBE4500WA (White)

I’ve had this Westinghouse since Dec 16, other than being a bit noisy from time to time it’s been great until yesterday, items in the freezer started to Defrost, I’ve checked the settings, dropped it to the lowest temp, clicked the Quick Freeze button. The items in the top section aren’t totally freezing and not are the ice cubes, the bottom two draws are frozen.
Any thoughts or suggestions please

Jane

We haven’t seen that issue with ours. Our temperature settings are just set at the default. You haven’t overfilled the drawers have you? Although, ours is pretty full at the moment. Maybe try turning it off for a few hours. Perhaps a bit of ice is blocking something. Sounds like a fault. Sorry I can’t help more.

Hi GregL,
Tania from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse refrigerator.
We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with your model WBE4500WA.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania Ticket Number 1353551
Thanks, Tania

KirstySasked

WBE4500WA (White)

Since we moved our fridge has been randomly beeping like the door has been left open but it isn't. The only way to stop it is to turn it off at the switch! I was wondering if it could because it is not properly level?? I can't find my book.

Jane

I checked my book for you. In this model it appears there are only two things that would cause the beep. 1. The door isn’t closed properly. 2. Overheat alarm. This is caused by hot food being put in the freezer. Sorry, that’s all the book says. Good Luck.

KirstyS

Thank you for that. I don't know if that's the issue the freezer temperature lights are flashing and it is not freezing now

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives