Westinghouse WBE 4500 / 4504 / 4514 Series (453L, Bottom Mount)

Westinghouse WBE 4500 / 4504 / 4514 Series (453L, Bottom Mount)

WBE4500SA (Stainless Steel), WBE4500WA (White), WBE4504SA (Stainless Steel) and WBE4514SA (Stainless Steel)

Great fridge

This fridge has been excellent, love the bottom mount configuration with drawers. Looks stylish. Specialised fridge tupperware works better than the crisper drawers. If anything it is a bit small and it gets filled quickly, but there was only the space to put a small fridge in the kitchen. The door baskets help free up some space as they are spacious and the sides of the baskets are high enough that short items will not fall out when opening the drawer too fast.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee for $939.00.

FreshGal

FreshGal

Great fridge

I really like the fridge and it keeps food cold however my only bug bear is the layout. I feel like the space could be better utilised. Other than that it’s a great fridge!

Purchased in October 2018 at Appliances Online for $1,098.00.

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

Very reliable

Everything fits perfect. Good on electricity and very quiet. I like the fact the freezer is on the lower level. I will recommend this product to all my friends and family.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $798.00.

Scott

ScottMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dony bother.

Had it 2 years now.

Died on xmas eve 2016 and we were stuffed until a few days later.
Was promised a voucher to redeemfor replacing lost contents, still waiting.
Eventually replaced fridge for "new" which had dent in it, obviously floor stock.
Just died again.
Its the fan for the fridge.
The tech guy knew it before he walked in.
Terrible fridge.

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Ka

KaPerth, WA

Huge and Shiny

Was going to buy a Haier fridge but after seeing the width will only allow 5mm on each sides, I decided to get this Westinghouse which will have 3cm on each sides (the space in my son's kitchen only 800mm width. And its has bottom freezer and a compact ice maker which my son love. I had many Westinghouse fridges before, so I better stick to one and have a very good discount before spending more than $3G at The Good Guys. It has simple front design, the ONLY drawback its come only on Right Hand opening so if your fridge cavity is on your left than taking eggs out to the cooking bench you have to close the door first but for its sleek and white design plus plenty of space inside I am ok with it.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Spent a long time reseaching. We’ve owned this fridge for 3 years and love it. Nothing bad to report

I spent more time researching and deliberating when I bought a fridge than when I bought my house. Now it’s been 3 years since I bought this fridge (and my aunt bought one too) and I am just as happy as the day I bought it.

Most online reviews are written after something goes wrong so it’s hard to get a sense for the overall quality or reliability of a given fridge.

I’m happy to report that nothing has gone wrong in 3 years for my aunt or me. The fridge is reliable, quiet, efficient and user friendly.

The main selling points for me were the stainless steel look and option of a left hand side opening door.

Purchased in March 2016 at Bing Lee.

justin

Date PurchasedNov 2018
UnHappy

UnHappyPerth

Awesome fridge

This fridge is great. It is whisper quiet and has plenty of space inside considering its external dimensions. The features inside such as child proof lockable storage for safety, bottle rack and led lighting make it very functionally suitable. A reliable brand with local Australian support. Highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Martin C

Martin CSydney, NSW

Below expectations

Date PurchasedOct 2018

good

This refrigerator has been used in my home for a while. First of all, this refrigerator is very cost-effective. It is really affordable. It is very suitable for our small family. Because the refrigerator is not very large, it does not take up too much space. This is great, so far, the refrigerator is working very well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Jazz

Jazz

Good one

We bought it 5years ago, it is OK but the body was too brittle. It cracked when a small jar fell o. It. It was easy to clean but I had to change it after 5 years. The steel finish distorted and damaged in the first months and the look was not new after that

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Shells

Shells

Sleek and efficient

I researched long and hard to find the best affordable energy efficient fridge .
My neighbour and several family members have the same fridge . Varying sized families and it suits us all
The extra cool zone is handy for drinks
Stylish design , delivering excellent quality for the price

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

BenDarwin, NT

Fridge door very hard to open

This fridge works really good and we like the layout but it is very hard to open the fridge door. The freezer door opens easily. After one week I reported this problem to the Good Guys where we purchased it and they said they would contact Westinghouse Service. Two weeks have gone by and so far no has contacted us. I see on the reviews where another customer has pulled his door handle off and they had to replace the whole door.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
PaulK

PaulKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still going strong

Cannot fault it. We had to specially order this one as we needed a left hung one. We had to wait about a month but we had very good service from Harvey Norman and got a 41 litre Waeco fridge as a promo gift from Westinghouse. Its easy to clean Stainless steel and has a coating to help easy cleaning. Temperature adjustments are easy on the inside. Its fairly quiet. It does its automatic defrosting every so often and when you get used to this sound of this its no problem. Good use of space inside, we opted no for the water dispenser in the door. Used up too much space we thought.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Biel

Biel

good fridge

Very nice fridge,bought online ,bottom freezer compartment,easy to get to items in the fridge, seems cheap to run,electronic settings,nice shelves,very modern design,easy to clean ,nice medicine compartment, nice size ,
white color,makes a little noise after opening and than shutting but not too excessive, very happy with this fridge. would recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

product is really loud

The fridge is really loud and gets worse and worse. Rang the tech service a few month after purchase, they came and told us it was normal, the second time rang Westinghouse up, they would like place charge on us as it is over the 2 year warranty even there is history and record of previous service (nothing was done, 'second opinion required' ). After 2 years the noise, of the fridge became unbearable, not recommended. Westinghouse service team is also hard to get contacted, waiting time on the call is way too long.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Jackie  GOODLEY

Jackie GOODLEYBrisbane

A Very Good Purchase

This fridge freezer is just the right size for a family of two. There are adequate and usefully designed compartments. The ice crusher is a useful feature. Some reviews complained it was noisy but I have not found it so.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

High Pitched Noise

I have had my Westinghouse for 2 weeks and it makes a high pitch noise. All functions are fine and working properly. I have had a technician up and of course noise was not bad while he was here. He was only driving up the driveway when it started again. It is very annoying when you have sensitive hearing .I have tried to contact Westinghouse but have had no reply . 1300 number must be down

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Annie

I have left 2 emails already and as yet no response.

Annie

Have had a replacement fridge now for approx. 3 weeks and am very happy. No noises so thankyou Westinghouse, electrician and JB hi fi.

Julian S

Julian SSpringwood

Very happy I bought it

As we open the fridge compartment more than the freezer it seemed a good idea to get a bottom mounted fridge and so I bought this model.
This fridge is super quiet which is great with our bedroom located behind the kitchen.
The fridge maintains good cooling in all areas of the fridge.
The detachable wine rack is good as we don't drink and besides there's plenty of room for bottles in the door.
The bottom freezer is great with slide out bins which take good amount of food and freeze it quickly.
The fridge is easy to clean with all bins and shelves being easy to remove and replace.
We are very happy with our purchase and look forward to many years of service from this fridge.

Date PurchasedMay 2018