Westinghouse WBE 4500 / 4504 / 4514 Series (453L, Bottom Mount)

Westinghouse WBE 4500 / 4504 / 4514 Series (453L, Bottom Mount)

WBE4500SA (Stainless Steel), WBE4500WA (White), WBE4504SA (Stainless Steel) and WBE4514SA

Very reliable

Everything fits perfect. Good on electricity and very quiet. I like the fact the freezer is on the lower level. I will recommend this product to all my friends and family.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $798.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Dony bother.

Had it 2 years now.

Died on xmas eve 2016 and we were stuffed until a few days later.
Was promised a voucher to redeemfor replacing lost contents, still waiting.
Eventually replaced fridge for "new" which had dent in it, obviously floor stock.
Just died again.
Its the fan for the fridge.
The tech guy knew it before he walked in.
Terrible fridge.

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Huge and Shiny

Was going to buy a Haier fridge but after seeing the width will only allow 5mm on each sides, I decided to get this Westinghouse which will have 3cm on each sides (the space in my son's kitchen only 800mm width. And its has bottom freezer and a compact ice maker which my son love. I had many Westinghouse fridges before, so I better stick to one and have a very good discount before spending more than $3G at The Good Guys. It has simple front design, the ONLY drawback its come only on Right Hand opening so if your fridge cavity is on your left than taking eggs out to the cooking bench you have to close the door first but for its sleek and white design plus plenty of space inside I am ok with it.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Spent a long time reseaching. We’ve owned this fridge for 3 years and love it. Nothing bad to report

I spent more time researching and deliberating when I bought a fridge than when I bought my house. Now it’s been 3 years since I bought this fridge (and my aunt bought one too) and I am just as happy as the day I bought it.

Most online reviews are written after something goes wrong so it’s hard to get a sense for the overall quality or reliability of a given fridge.

I’m happy to report that nothing has gone wrong in 3 years for my aunt or me. The fridge is reliable, quiet, efficient and user friendly.

The main selling points for me were the stainless steel look and option of a left hand side opening door.

Purchased in March 2016 at Bing Lee.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

Decent fridge

Good points:

Reasonably quiet. You must take the time to level the fridge or at least change the level to avoid a bad vibration from the compressor against the body of the fridge.

Freezer is below fridge, good design.

Well lit.

Bad points

In hot weather the fridge does not equalise the internal pressure very quickly after opening. This results in a door that won't open if you try to reopen the door within 3 minutes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Nice fridge

My first upside down style fridge and I do like it. Previously owned side by side Westinghouse which I found the fridge component to narrow so I really like having a full width fridge. I wish the lower end models came with a water dispenser as this was one thing I really wanted but compromised on.
The fridge lighting is awesome. The door compartments very spacious and flexible compared to some others I was looking at.
For the price, the styling and practicality is spot on.
Negatives mainly being the fruit & veg compartment - compared to my old side by side, the draw was a lot more sturdy and pulled out smoothly evenly and stopped. This fridge, the drawer seems extremely flimsy and doesn't stop or pull out evenly. The adjustable divider is okaaaay ... but annoying at times.
The freezer area is quite small compared to what I'm used to but I have gone from a 600L to a 450L so that is to be expected. It was just smaller than I imagined, but I have adjusted. Although compared to other fridges in the same size range, this one seemed to make the best of the freezer space. The compartment drawers are very good, the runners are sturdy & stable and the ice dispenser awesome.
Overall - very happy with purchase.!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Awesome fridge

This fridge is great. It is whisper quiet and has plenty of space inside considering its external dimensions. The features inside such as child proof lockable storage for safety, bottle rack and led lighting make it very functionally suitable. A reliable brand with local Australian support. Highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Below expectations

We bought this fridge after being pleased with our previous Westinghouse bottom mount fridge which we owned for 10 years before it stopped working.
Firstly the positives - the WBE4500SA has an attractive style, with the interior well designed and illuminated with a solid, quality feel. The compartments are well laid out, with the wine rack and egg trays useful features.

Unfortunately the fridge is let down by a few issues. Firstly the compressor is noisier than expected and has a discernibly louder compressor than our previous, older model. It is also frustrating that the door is difficult to open and also to close. There is no self-closing mechanism either - although this seems to be the norm with modern fridges for some reason. Finally, the energy efficiency is worse than comparably priced fridges e.g. LG and Electrolux competitors. Overall below expectations.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

good

This refrigerator has been used in my home for a while. First of all, this refrigerator is very cost-effective. It is really affordable. It is very suitable for our small family. Because the refrigerator is not very large, it does not take up too much space. This is great, so far, the refrigerator is working very well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Good one

We bought it 5years ago, it is OK but the body was too brittle. It cracked when a small jar fell o. It. It was easy to clean but I had to change it after 5 years. The steel finish distorted and damaged in the first months and the look was not new after that

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Sleek and efficient

I researched long and hard to find the best affordable energy efficient fridge .
My neighbour and several family members have the same fridge . Varying sized families and it suits us all
The extra cool zone is handy for drinks
Stylish design , delivering excellent quality for the price

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

Fridge door very hard to open

This fridge works really good and we like the layout but it is very hard to open the fridge door. The freezer door opens easily. After one week I reported this problem to the Good Guys where we purchased it and they said they would contact Westinghouse Service. Two weeks have gone by and so far no has contacted us. I see on the reviews where another customer has pulled his door handle off and they had to replace the whole door.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
I wrote the review above and now would like to add to that. The Westinghouse refridgerator started to get very noisey, seemed like the fan inside the fridge was failing so after talking to the Good Guys they allowed us to return it and swapped it for a Samsung about the same size. The Samsung doors open easily and we cannot even hear it running. So far so good.

Still going strong

Cannot fault it. We had to specially order this one as we needed a left hung one. We had to wait about a month but we had very good service from Harvey Norman and got a 41 litre Waeco fridge as a promo gift from Westinghouse. Its easy to clean Stainless steel and has a coating to help easy cleaning. Temperature adjustments are easy on the inside. Its fairly quiet. It does its automatic defrosting every so often and when you get used to this sound of this its no problem. Good use of space inside, we opted no for the water dispenser in the door. Used up too much space we thought.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

good fridge

Very nice fridge,bought online ,bottom freezer compartment,easy to get to items in the fridge, seems cheap to run,electronic settings,nice shelves,very modern design,easy to clean ,nice medicine compartment, nice size ,
white color,makes a little noise after opening and than shutting but not too excessive, very happy with this fridge. would recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

product is really loud

The fridge is really loud and gets worse and worse. Rang the tech service a few month after purchase, they came and told us it was normal, the second time rang Westinghouse up, they would like place charge on us as it is over the 2 year warranty even there is history and record of previous service (nothing was done, 'second opinion required' ). After 2 years the noise, of the fridge became unbearable, not recommended. Westinghouse service team is also hard to get contacted, waiting time on the call is way too long.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Lyd, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your WBE4500WA. If you wish to discuss please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

A Very Good Purchase

This fridge freezer is just the right size for a family of two. There are adequate and usefully designed compartments. The ice crusher is a useful feature. Some reviews complained it was noisy but I have not found it so.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

High Pitched Noise

I have had my Westinghouse for 2 weeks and it makes a high pitch noise. All functions are fine and working properly. I have had a technician up and of course noise was not bad while he was here. He was only driving up the driveway when it started again. It is very annoying when you have sensitive hearing .I have tried to contact Westinghouse but have had no reply . 1300 number must be down

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Annie, Tania from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse refrigerator. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, TaniaI have left 2 emails already and as yet no response.Have had a replacement fridge now for approx. 3 weeks and am very happy. No noises so thankyou Westinghouse, electrician and JB hi fi.

Very happy I bought it

As we open the fridge compartment more than the freezer it seemed a good idea to get a bottom mounted fridge and so I bought this model.
This fridge is super quiet which is great with our bedroom located behind the kitchen.
The fridge maintains good cooling in all areas of the fridge.
The detachable wine rack is good as we don't drink and besides there's plenty of room for bottles in the door.
The bottom freezer is great with slide out bins which take good amount of food and freeze it quickly.
The fridge is easy to clean with all bins and shelves being easy to remove and replace.
We are very happy with our purchase and look forward to many years of service from this fridge.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Fantastic. Best fridge I've had

I can't believe I put up with my old fridge for so long. The Westinghouse keeps even temperature, good heights and lots of adjustable shelves. The crisper is amazing. Cucumbers and capsicums wouldn't even last 3 days in my old fridge. I put it on highest setting (no air) and keep all gassy things like fruit on the shelves. Also putting a piece of kitchen towel in with lettuce and spinach. Everything lasts for weeks this way. I didn't think I'd use the wine rack but it's been great for juice etc, especially as this model doesn't have adjustable shelving so the extra space for tall items is very handy. Very easy to clean the outside and doesn't leave fingerprints. Freezer shelves are good height and depth. The only very small thing is the ice maker. Because it's low down it's hard to slide the water in without it spilling and that leaves ice build up on the runners. But that's very minor. The seals are excellent and I was very concerned about noise as I have large open plan house with floorboards so sound really travels. I have a good 10cm down side of fridge and also at top so this fridge is so quiet. I honestly never hear any noise coming from it. Love it!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great Fridge

Purchased this fridge as it was the only fridge that would fit into the space we had, every other fridge would stick out to much, the white makes it super easy to clean, there is plenty of room and is easy to switch the shelves around. The freezer compartment has the most room to other freezers I've used and the compartments make it easy to organise all your frozen goods!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Firstly, we would like to know how to fit the bottle storage bin with fingers to the door as the part we have seems to be too wide. Secondly, there wasn't a bottle rack included in the fittings with our refrigerator parts.
Hi Damian S, Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda. Thanks

Why is the fridge suddenly stop being cold, and the freezer still ok, the fridge is only a few months old, is any way to graduate the cold?thanks.
I don't remember saying there was a problem with the coldness of the fridge or freezer, the problem was that it was near impossible to open the door as it seem to suck itself closed and I could see us pulling the door handle off. The fridge was also very noisey when running.

Not happy Jan. This appliance is less than 3 years old and the top refrigerator unit lost cool over 2-3 days. Food spoiled and we rushed out to buy a large bar fridge to transfer the cool items. Frozen was transferred to a chest freezer. Defrosted the fridge over 24 hours. Turned fridge back on. It cooled for 2-3 days. We drained the water tray and the heater was operating. Nek Minnet lost cool in top of fridge. Freezer still operating but don't know how efficiently. Throw away society usually sees white goods chucked after 5 years. After this short life? I'd love to get a response from Westinghouse as to remedial action
Same problem here. Did you ever get it fixed?

Westinghouse WBE4500SA (Stainless Steel)Westinghouse WBE4500WA (White)Westinghouse WBE4514SAWestinghouse WBE4504SA (Stainless Steel)
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,549$1,449$1,097$1,599
Dimensions 1725 x 699 x 730 mm1725 x 699 x 730 mm1725 x 699 x 766 mm1725 x 699 x 766 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDisplay Panel, Door Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelWhiteStainless SteelStainless Steel
Handle Type External External External External
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves3333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 1111
Door Hinge Left and RightLeft and RightLeft and RightLeft and Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity