Westinghouse WHE5200 (524L, French Door)

Love our new Westinghouse

Upgraded due to growing family 2 months ago from our smaller white top mount Westinghouse and have had no regrets.
It was the best looking stainless steel fridge that fit in our relatively small area (less than 890mm wife)
The freezer compartments fit what feels like double the amount of food compared to old fridge/freezer even though new one is only 100L overall bigger.
The fridge feels like it’s also designed well and space in the door trays is more than adequate.
We never hear it running like our old fridge occasionally and haven’t had any technical or leaking issues with it so far. Pretty confident with this brand personally compared to other cheap ones out there.
Did I mention the French doors look sooo sophisticated.. Loving our new fridge!

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,200.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Worst Fridge Ever

When we bought our house we thought we'd "invest" in an expensive fridge that would hopefully last years and years. The first fridge was replaced within the two year warranty. The second fridge was replaced within the two year warranty. The third fridge started to ice up massively. I manually defrosted it which helped for a couple of months, then it started icing up again to the point I couldn't even open the freezer door so I got an emergency independent fridge technician over to look at it. He recommended turning the fridge/freezer off for two days and said hopefully that would resolve the issue. I had to throw out a lot of food, at least $100 worth. After two days I turned the fridge back on but I could still see a gap in the freezer and sure enough within a day the freezer was fully iced up again. I called Electrolux and they said my fridge wasn't under warranty anymore and they didn't think they could get a technician out that day (Friday) and Saturday was booked out but they'd see what they could do and call me back within an hour. After not receiving the call back within an hour and taking into account callout fees and parts and labour, my husband and I agreed not to throw good money after bad and ended up purchasing another brand new fridge which I'm hoping lasts far longer than the Westinghouse one did and doesn't need to be replaced so often. This fridge is utterly useless and a complete waste of money. I provided Electrolux the opportunity to respond to this review via mediation and they advised they could only have assisted if I still had the fridge for them to inspect. I'd had it taken away for disposal when our new one was delivered - why would I keep a broken fridge that was leaking all over my floors and who has room to store this? Electrolux also asked to see the service report from the independent fridge technician I called out, however I did not have one, in fact the technician didn't even charge me for the visit and he did not physically repair the fridge, only made the recommendation to switch the fridge off for two days. I am now in the process of making a complaint to the industry ombudsman.

Purchased in April 2013 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Terrible fridge

Nothing but problems. leaked and damaged our floors. Got a 2nd fridge and still leaks. 2 months and still waiting for tech to come out. Would not recommend this brand

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys.

Household Size 2 person(s)
Hi Barry, Catherine from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine Ticket # 824547 . We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Catherine

Fantastic Fridge

I bought the fridge brand new approx 6 months ago and I have absolutely no regrets buying it. The fridge is so easy to clean inside, has functional lighting and the best thing is not having to bend down to see where everything is. It has a beautiful finish and the fingers marks wipe off easily with a clean damp cloth. The ice cube tray could've been placed in a better position in the freezer, however it is accessible. I highly recommend this model if you are looking for a french door design that is great value for money.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Worst Fridge I've Owned

We have had nothing but problems with this fridge. Bottom freezer kept icing up and was very hard to open. Looked at many times and then replaced. Second fridge just as bad. Still same faults as previous fridge. Started beeping tonight and temperature panel light up. Fridge not getting down to temperature. Leaking, fridge hot to touch and noisy. Very disappointed as was an expensive gridge

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman Furniture Physical Store for $1,890.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)
Hi Ben B, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your model WHE5200WA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with ref 813688 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Perfect Fridge

This Fridge ticked all the boxes for me.
Great Price good quality
Easy to clean
Looks great
Good quality stainless steel
Amazing product fitted pefectly in the space.
Great interior layout and the and easy access to fridge and freezer compartments.
Purchased from Harvey Norman Auburn, received great service.

Stephanie Condopoulos

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Good Fridge

Bought this fridge 18 months ago to replace Sharp fridge under product warranty,good size easy freezer compartment good lighting doors easy to open reviews at the time were not complimentary but I cant fault this product has done every thing we have wanted.Freezer compartment has drawers easy to get to,with ice trays.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Crappy design

This fridge design is so lacking in efficiency! Terrible use of space. Crisper doesn’t open completely. You actually need to remove the door shelves to take the crisper out for cleaning.
Bit of plastic break off and fly across the room from time to time. Super crappy fridge. Can’t wait to replace it when we renovate!!! Top shelf won’t cool even when the rest of the fridge is on coolest temperature.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Justine Linda from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda ThanksI’ve emailed you

Great Fridge

We bought this fridge after a lot of research, we are extremely happy with this product and i ticks all the boxes as far as we were looking for with a fridge, the service we received from the Good Guys in Osborne Park was fantastic, could not have been more helpful, they answered any questions we had straight up without having to get clarification, this showed they were interested in the products they represent and value

Date PurchasedJan 2018

So spacious and lots of compartments

Highly recommend,Easy for whole family to use with lots of features lots of room for the food and drinks.a brand you can trust, good value for the size and features worth every penny.keeps fruit and vegetables fresh for longer in own compartments,enough for the whole family,would definitely buy this brand again

Date PurchasedJun 2012

I love this fridge

The ten is good it is cold and don't change to much the freezer is perfect doors are easy to open and close there is alot of room in both the fridge and the freezer to put all ur stuff shopping for 2 weeks fits in the freezer with some room still spare

Date PurchasedDec 2017

It is a beauty never given any trouble yet had it a while now about 12 months it's an excellent refr

It certainly does maintain good temperature in all compartments, it is quiet and easy to clean I like it very much would recommend it to anyone particularly if they are a family for it is ideal for a family. nice big fridge easy too fing everything in ti as it's easy to see what's in there.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Amazing!

I love my fridge! It doesn't make loud noisies, temperature is excellent and the fridge is so easy to clean and maintain. I had one problem where i found some visible dents that may have occurred during delivery. Westinghouse immediately replaced my fridge. I definitely recommend Westinghouse and especially the french door fridge!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Huge fridge

This fridge operates very efficiently one of our favs is that the freezer is on the bottom and has loads of storage the fridge keeps the fruit and veg nice and crisp for longer periods of time in the specially designed slide tray at the bottom of the fridge plenty big enough for the 7 of us

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great Fridge - Loads of Room

I purchased this fridge about 6 months ago and it has been fantastic. There is masses of room inside with an interchangeable shelving system and heaps of extra space on the inside of the doors. It stays a consistent temperature and has extra features that work well, like fast chill for room temperature drinks / wine and eco mode for when you’re away. I’ve never really heard it running, only if I stand next to it and listen for it.
The only negative is that the freezer section isn’t enormous due to the curved drawers, so can’t fit as much as I would like, but still very manageable size!
Highly recommended!!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

We love our new fridge

we have kids so opening half of the fridge being a double door is a huge bonus!.. keeps everything beautifully cold and the draws in the freezer helps to keep everything sedated and in order. The built in ice trays are a great idea. We love our new fridge. happy customer

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good fridge with some minor flaws

The good: easy to see through shelves and keep clean. Love the way the freezer drawers have been designed. Pretty quiet (not ultra quiet though).
The bad: the temperature control isn't very accurate- when set to 5 deg C my digital thermometer said it was 8 deg C which is why some food was going off early. Since adjustment has been fine. Would have loved a butter conditioner.
The ugly: the spring that holds the flap on the left hand door doesn't pull it back far enough so it either grazes the door or worse hits it sometimes. Given someone else has this issue I think a heavier spring should be fitted- I will be contacting the store for a remedy.
Update: I had a tech come out to look at the door flap in October 2018. He added some grease to the flap hinges which looked like they didn't have any at all. Will update later if the issue recurs.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

This is Great Refrigerator

It is great value french door refrigerator, It has a very compact form factor, but it doesn't compromise the interior volume, which on of the biggest. Even though it gets loud sometime when you open the door for too long. but overall it is good cooling, it has anti spilling shelf. And also it is known for one of the energy saving fridge.

June 8th 2018 Update: This is Great Refrigerator

It is very one of the best french door fridge i ever had. Its i small form factor but spacious on the inside. although It gets loud when you open the door too long to compensate on the temperature lost, but overall its very good. specially the anti spill shelf

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Works brilliantly.

Bought this machine 2 years ago and am extremely pleased with the results. Has great storage space which makes it easy to organize everything. It's temperature throughout the compartments is fairly great and consistent and doesn't make a lot of sound. Great and easy to clean, feels like everything falls off with a swipe of a cloth.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Reasonable

The fridge is 6 years old now and works reasonably well. Keeps things cold and works reliably.

There is a vibration behind the freezer compartment (circulation fan perhaps?) that is very annoying especially at night (I am in an apartment, so the kitchen is close to the living area). This has been an issue for around 2 years.

The refrigerator compartment doors do not "self close", so you have to push them to actually close them properly. There is a poor seal between the 2 French doors, so I suspect that cool air will leak between them.

The doors do have a "door ajar" alarm, but this alarm does not sound if the door is only slightly ajar - so if the door is closed enough to turn the interior light off, but still not closed completely, then the alarm wont sound. In addition, the alarm does not sound if the freezer drawer is left open. Very annoying and poor design.

Would not buy another one and I would not recommend it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Do you find the freezer drawer opening a pain? Does stuff get lost in the deep drawer? I don’t like the idea of the pull out door but I think it’s the best option for the space we have, so just after some opinions from experience.
Not a pain at all, but it does require some getting used to. We bought this fridge for its reverse design as I have a bad hip and bending down/over into the fridge part was quickly becoming a painful task. There is a lot of space in the bottom large drawer, so we store all the bulky products there. Frozen veggies and any items in bags go in the middle and the top one can store quite a bit of frozen meat. We do buy our meat etc fresh and don't freeze, so maybe factor this into your decision-making. The ice tray is of poor design but I personally can live with that and I still have no regrets at all :)I’m the wrong person to answer this as I simply wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone. We had three fridges in six years and ended up buying a Fisher and Paykel.

The freezer handle came off yesterday. One of the plastic handle supports needs replacing. Where can I get one.
Our freezer handle broke off recently 29 months after purchase. W’ty is 24 months. Westinghouse advised new door needed as one of the small plastic attaching lugs is broken. New door $245 + handling + $150 for installation. (can’t be done by homeowner.) Very disappointing.Contacted Westinghouse again - may have been on different number to first time. Matter resolved in very helpful and satisfactory manner.

Has there is lightning in freezer?
No and to be honest I didn't realise this until you raised this question! Never needed it in the freezer however there is excellent lighting in the fridge :)

Westinghouse WHE5200SA (Stainless Steel)Westinghouse WHE5200WA (White)Westinghouse WHE5260SA (Water Dispenser, Stainless Steel)
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,149$2,049$2,749
Dimensions 1725 x 796 x 781 mm1725 x 796 x 781 mm1725 x 796 x 781 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm , Frost Free and Wine RackDoor Alarm , Frost Free and Wine RackDoor Alarm , Frost Free, Ice Dispenser, Water Dispenser and Wine Rack
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Handle Type External External External
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 111
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity