Westinghouse WHE5200

Terrible fridge

Nothing but problems. leaked and damaged our floors. Got a 2nd fridge and still leaks. 2 months and still waiting for tech to come out. Would not recommend this brand

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys.

Household Size 2 person(s)
Hi Barry, Catherine from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine Ticket # 824547 . We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Catherine

Fantastic Fridge

I bought the fridge brand new approx 6 months ago and I have absolutely no regrets buying it. The fridge is so easy to clean inside, has functional lighting and the best thing is not having to bend down to see where everything is. It has a beautiful finish and the fingers marks wipe off easily with a clean damp cloth. The ice cube tray could've been placed in a better position in the freezer, however it is accessible. I highly recommend this model if you are looking for a french door design that is great value for money.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Worst Fridge I've Owned

We have had nothing but problems with this fridge. Bottom freezer kept icing up and was very hard to open. Looked at many times and then replaced. Second fridge just as bad. Still same faults as previous fridge. Started beeping tonight and temperature panel light up. Fridge not getting down to temperature. Leaking, fridge hot to touch and noisy. Very disappointed as was an expensive gridge

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman Furniture Physical Store for $1,890.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)
Hi Ben B, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your model WHE5200WA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with ref 813688 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Perfect Fridge

This Fridge ticked all the boxes for me.
Great Price good quality
Easy to clean
Looks great
Good quality stainless steel
Amazing product fitted pefectly in the space.
Great interior layout and the and easy access to fridge and freezer compartments.
Purchased from Harvey Norman Auburn, received great service.

Stephanie Condopoulos

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Good Fridge

Bought this fridge 18 months ago to replace Sharp fridge under product warranty,good size easy freezer compartment good lighting doors easy to open reviews at the time were not complimentary but I cant fault this product has done every thing we have wanted.Freezer compartment has drawers easy to get to,with ice trays.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Crappy design

This fridge design is so lacking in efficiency! Terrible use of space. Crisper doesn’t open completely. You actually need to remove the door shelves to take the crisper out for cleaning.
Bit of plastic break off and fly across the room from time to time. Super crappy fridge. Can’t wait to replace it when we renovate!!! Top shelf won’t cool even when the rest of the fridge is on coolest temperature.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Justine Linda from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda ThanksI’ve emailed you

Great Fridge

We bought this fridge after a lot of research, we are extremely happy with this product and i ticks all the boxes as far as we were looking for with a fridge, the service we received from the Good Guys in Osborne Park was fantastic, could not have been more helpful, they answered any questions we had straight up without having to get clarification, this showed they were interested in the products they represent and value

Date PurchasedJan 2018

So spacious and lots of compartments

Highly recommend,Easy for whole family to use with lots of features lots of room for the food and drinks.a brand you can trust, good value for the size and features worth every penny.keeps fruit and vegetables fresh for longer in own compartments,enough for the whole family,would definitely buy this brand again

Date PurchasedJun 2012

I love this fridge

The ten is good it is cold and don't change to much the freezer is perfect doors are easy to open and close there is alot of room in both the fridge and the freezer to put all ur stuff shopping for 2 weeks fits in the freezer with some room still spare

Date PurchasedDec 2017

It is a beauty never given any trouble yet had it a while now about 12 months it's an excellent refr

It certainly does maintain good temperature in all compartments, it is quiet and easy to clean I like it very much would recommend it to anyone particularly if they are a family for it is ideal for a family. nice big fridge easy too fing everything in ti as it's easy to see what's in there.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Amazing!

I love my fridge! It doesn't make loud noisies, temperature is excellent and the fridge is so easy to clean and maintain. I had one problem where i found some visible dents that may have occurred during delivery. Westinghouse immediately replaced my fridge. I definitely recommend Westinghouse and especially the french door fridge!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Huge fridge

This fridge operates very efficiently one of our favs is that the freezer is on the bottom and has loads of storage the fridge keeps the fruit and veg nice and crisp for longer periods of time in the specially designed slide tray at the bottom of the fridge plenty big enough for the 7 of us

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great Fridge - Loads of Room

I purchased this fridge about 6 months ago and it has been fantastic. There is masses of room inside with an interchangeable shelving system and heaps of extra space on the inside of the doors. It stays a consistent temperature and has extra features that work well, like fast chill for room temperature drinks / wine and eco mode for when you’re away. I’ve never really heard it running, only if I stand next to it and listen for it.
The only negative is that the freezer section isn’t enormous due to the curved drawers, so can’t fit as much as I would like, but still very manageable size!
Highly recommended!!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

We love our new fridge

we have kids so opening half of the fridge being a double door is a huge bonus!.. keeps everything beautifully cold and the draws in the freezer helps to keep everything sedated and in order. The built in ice trays are a great idea. We love our new fridge. happy customer

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good fridge with some minor flaws

The good: easy to see through shelves and keep clean. Love the way the freezer drawers have been designed. Pretty quiet (not ultra quiet though).
The bad: the temperature control isn't very accurate- when set to 5 deg C my digital thermometer said it was 8 deg C which is why some food was going off early. Since adjustment has been fine. Would have loved a butter conditioner.
The ugly: the spring that holds the flap on the left hand door doesn't pull it back far enough so it either grazes the door or worse hits it sometimes. Given someone else has this issue I think a heavier spring should be fitted- I will be contacting the store for a remedy.
Update: I had a tech come out to look at the door flap in October 2018. He added some grease to the flap hinges which looked like they didn't have any at all. Will update later if the issue recurs.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

This is Great Refrigerator

It is great value french door refrigerator, It has a very compact form factor, but it doesn't compromise the interior volume, which on of the biggest. Even though it gets loud sometime when you open the door for too long. but overall it is good cooling, it has anti spilling shelf. And also it is known for one of the energy saving fridge.

June 8th 2018 Update: This is Great Refrigerator

It is very one of the best french door fridge i ever had. Its i small form factor but spacious on the inside. although It gets loud when you open the door too long to compensate on the temperature lost, but overall its very good. specially the anti spill shelf

Works brilliantly.

Bought this machine 2 years ago and am extremely pleased with the results. Has great storage space which makes it easy to organize everything. It's temperature throughout the compartments is fairly great and consistent and doesn't make a lot of sound. Great and easy to clean, feels like everything falls off with a swipe of a cloth.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Reasonable

The fridge is 6 years old now and works reasonably well. Keeps things cold and works reliably.

There is a vibration behind the freezer compartment (circulation fan perhaps?) that is very annoying especially at night (I am in an apartment, so the kitchen is close to the living area). This has been an issue for around 2 years.

The refrigerator compartment doors do not "self close", so you have to push them to actually close them properly. There is a poor seal between the 2 French doors, so I suspect that cool air will leak between them.

The doors do have a "door ajar" alarm, but this alarm does not sound if the door is only slightly ajar - so if the door is closed enough to turn the interior light off, but still not closed completely, then the alarm wont sound. In addition, the alarm does not sound if the freezer drawer is left open. Very annoying and poor design.

Would not buy another one and I would not recommend it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Perfect

I have had this fridge/freezer for a month now and I love it! Very quiet, more room than I expected in the fridge because of the way it is designed and the freezer also takes more than I expected. Love the wine rack.
Love the French doors and slide out drawer for the freezer, this was one of a few that would fit into my fridge space, just awesome.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

I Got Chills!!!

Brrrrrr...This fridge is Fantastic!! Everything is kept so petfectly cool. Loads of space in both doors and the freezer draws sooo easily accessable and deep for lots of storage. Perfect for the average family ( 2×adults 2×children) like mine. And cant forget how whisper quiet it runs and savings on my power bill wow i just recieved my quarterly bill and cant believe its dropped by $200. Im More than happy with my new Fridge. THANKS WESTINGHOUSE