Excellent large no-frills microwave

Bought this one after our Sharp Carousel started arcing. It's not an inverter, but not an issue for us since we really only use our microwave to cook vegetables and reheat left-overs and beverages. Its stainless look is nice in our kitchen, pretty quiet compared to our old one and a nice large size for our family of 4. Speaking of size, I had to double check it would fit into our microwave shelf (made it by 10mm), something to keep in mind. Also love how items (cups particularly) return to the original position when finished warming, so there is no fiddling in the microwave with a hot cup trying to get to a handle that's now facing the back.... its at the front where you placed it initially.

Clock Switches Itself Off After 1 Minute

The, clock switches itself off after 1 minute, which is annoying as I rely on being able to know what time of day it is. So, I got a replacement microwave. The 2nd one did the same thing. I tried reheating a chicken roast dinner but some parts were hot & other parts were cold. Don’t bother with this poor quality.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $149.00.

Noise Level

Very pleased about this product

This microwave which I purchased this morning after doing a lot of research has paid me "dividends" already.

I paid $222 for this at Good Guys in Belconnen Canberra. Extremely reasonable price for a solid microwave.

First I must say it is too early days but must say never seen a microwave that does not steam up after cooking rice. The previous one I had to always wipe the water moisture off the inside but this one is as dry as a bone after cooking. So already a plus. Also this is very solidly built with very convenient features.

I sincerely hope Westinghouse will maintain its reputation by producing quality reliable products like these in the future to make this world a better one. My fridge too is Westinghouse. The previous Westinghouse fridge lasted close to 20 years like my first microwave.

So I will be keeping my fingers crossed on this new purchase to be a good one.

After reading Product Reviews on microwaves this was the best I found.

Good luck to all.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Happy

I like this microwave the texture of food isnt too bad does a good job I'm very happy with the program buttons i find it easy to use with no fuss easy to clean and heats the food properly looks good on my bench and not too heavy to pick up.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Quality build. But not very smart.

What I like:
The build quality of this microwave is definitely at a higher standard compared to similar priced ones from other brand. The buttons and door release has a solid feel. And the door release does not get stuck in the open position like a lot of other brands. It is also more efficient for the same cooking power. The finger proof coating really does work (not just a marketing claims like other brands).

What I didn't like:
The control panel has a matte finish making it look like a cheap sticker. It is not smart enough to return the food to the front when finished. I cook all my food at full minutes (eg. 7 or 8 or 9 minutes) and they always end up at the back of the turntable. The 1 to 6 keys have been programmed as quick start for 1 to 6 minutes of cooking. But left the 7 to 9 keys to do nothing. Would have been good to extend that quick start function for all keys. The LCD display is a very dirty creepy yellow colour. It looks like a pair of eyes at night especially when the clock is left unset at 0:0.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Very Happy with It

This microwave is very good. Has good heating, defrosting and cooking settings. The noise level is probably comparable to others. It's not super quiet, nor is it super loud either. Most of all I'm happy with the buttons on the panel. Be careful when buying a new microwave. Test how much pressure you need to apply to the buttons on the panel. In some brands you have to apply so much pressure it makes it unworkable. In the case of this Westinghouse microwave, it's great. You just need slight pressure for the buttons to take. I have only used the default options to reheat food (which work really well), but I'm keen to also try the "melt" butter or chocolate options. A nice feature to have. It has a bright digital display, easy to clean (not too many crevices inside to worry about) and has a timer which I find useful (just to use in the kitchen, it doesn't affect the microwave itself).

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Perfect for our renovated kitchen

I am completely satisfied with this product we purchased from GoodGuys. The steel finish gives a stunning look and perfectly goes with our renovated kitchen. It has lot of options that I still need to explore, but really happy with its performance on the daily go. The power specifications are good as we were using a low budget one earlier.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Powerful

This microwave has got plenty of power and lots of great settings (if you need them), although we mostly just hit start. Pretty easy to clean and it looks great in our kitchen (all white appliances). Bit noisier than I would have liked but other than that, we are pretty happy with it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Just purchased looks great fits in with other appliances

Purchased this microwave purely for the size as we were updating oven, etc. and needed a specific size appliance to fit the cavity. this it has done, looks great but I am a little overwhelmed with the instructions totally different to the old one (that was a Westinghouse as well) not as simple to operate. I will revisit in a month or so with another review. Fingers crossed it will be a good one. My rating is on appearance only.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Put the food in and it turns around Yay!

Pretty good microwave, does its job. The buttons are preset, so if you press two it sets timer for two minutes. Pressing the start button adds half a minute, so i have to have my glasses handy. Has a lot of useless things like a count down timer, buttons for pop corn and heating up old pizzas. But it works very well

Date PurchasedJul 2018

HAPPY with this microwave!

This machine is not overly loud and heats more quickly than previous microwaves. The soften/melt feature is fantastic for cooking with butter or chocolate, and I like the sensor heating. Must admit to not reading the instructions for use, so use the "start" button for most full-power 30sec incremental heating situations. The highest for quick full-power heat-ups (without reading the instructions!) seems to be 6mins, but then I just push the start button to add however many mins I want to cook for. The microwave has a good maximum height for bowls, etc, some of the other brands we looked at were much lower and would have limited what containers we could use. It has a lot of features/options I'm sure I haven't utilised - must read that instruction booklet! I do recommend this microwave for efficiency, good looks, ease of operation.

Good Choice

Very satisfied with the microwave. Bought from the good Guys during ebay 20% off on top of the already reduced price and I am very happy with the decision. Heats the food evenly and there are no cold spots. Sensor re-heat is a good addition. Easy to use and is not loud. Overall no complaints and a very good product.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Does its job

An upgrade from my old Sharp microwave, this definitely appears a lot sturdier. It gives you a fair amount of options for re-heating, even a sensor reheat which I have yet to utilise that much. So far, I have only been using the custom reheat and cook time. What I can say is, the power is indeed remarkable. Reheating my meal on my old Sharp microwave took 5 minutes. I let it on for 5 minutes in this new microwave and retrieved a very much dry and hardened meal. Just shows that the microwave is indeed powerful, and that I should have tried it on with a shorter timing first. Other than that, the microwave appears pretty decent, definitely does its job.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Awesome

Microwave is not loud. Makes warnings tone that are not irritating but sufficient. Settings easy to use and understand. Large turntable allows large items to be placed in. Stainless steel look is great and cleans easy inside and out. Cooks fairly evenly. Very well built and has not had any issues yet since purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Every house needs Westinghouse...

...that's how the slogan goes anyway.
Replacing my old LG was not that easy but after 10 years or so it had rusted out, no turntable or light working, so i figured it was time to put it in the shed - Hey! It still heats stuff so why put it in the tip?
The new Westinghouse WMF4102 I chose was not as noisy as some others I looked at. It seems the new microwaves use thin tin boxes that rattle and buzz annoyingly but this one seems to be solidly built for the price and the door shuts firmly!
It is an easy clean 40 litre and has a couple of "favorite" menus you can set up easily as well as handy one button defrost along with other presets. The veggie preset is handy. Press "Veggie" once and it will cook fresh veg on power level 6, press twice for frozen veg on level 7 (70%) for a a typical 1 or 2 cup serving.
The 'Soften' and 'Melt' presets are also useful auto settings to have when you are being creative.
I found it pays to read the user manual to get full advantage of the custom cook features; for example showing you how to adjust cooking times for different weights, but you don't need to be an astronaut to drive this!
We have had no problems with this stylish microwave and we use it every day.
Purchased at Good Guys when it was at a keen price.

Nice and Efficient Microwave

I burnt my old Sharp microwave while heat up Popcorn, burnt smell and yellow butter inside microwave everywhere,it with us about 10 years, so it's time to get a new one. Looking around and find it's 20% special on The Good Guys ebay store, so get it straight away.
After used few weeks, I feel it's a very good choice, nice and clean looking, big 40L inside, menu setup very efficient, press button heat up, heat up very fast and heat evenly spread, haven't find any problem so far.

Great Product

The microwave is easy to use, our most used features are the quick 30 sec, 500g defrost and the quick start which is done by pressing a number on the keypad ie press 3 and it will heat for 3 minutes. It heats foods and liquid as expected for a microwave its size and does not interfere with the wifi.

Date PurchasedJul 2017