Westinghouse WMF4102

4.2

vickilove

vickiloveIllawarra, NSW

Noisy

This appliance cooks well, but is very noisy compared to previous Panasonic model. Love the fact it doesn't have "cool down" feature. Quick cook by simply touching a button is a great feature, from 1-9 minutes. So far the cooking is right on point - fast and powerful. The noisy operation to us is an issue & makes it disappointing & therefore loses stars as it is annoying and in this day & age should be whisper quiet.

Purchased in July 2020 at Betta Home Living for A$249.00.

Roselyn

RoselynMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect for heating, defrosting, and etc

Very straightforward microwave. It has a style & fashion that is basically easy and or usable for everybody. It helps to warm up foods accordingly and at the same time aid in defrosting frozen stuff brilliantly.

Purchased in December 2019.

Matthew B

Matthew BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not quite what we expected

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for A$247.00.

John S.

John S.

So close yet so far

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$199.00.

Trent

TrentForde 2914, ACT

Perfect basic microwave

We had an Ilve combo microwave which died after some 10ish years of service (looked like the magnetron, as everything worked, it just didn't heat), so we looked at every locally available microwave that would fit the space we had. Having recently purchased a Westinghouse fridge freezer, we opted for the matching microwave.

I has a larger turntable and is more powerful than the old Ilve.

It does everything we need, and cost significantly less than the trim kit we bought to go with the old oven.

Really happy with this purchase, have had it for a few weeks now and just getting used to the shorter times required to do things, with this higher wattage unit. Would buy again

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$229.00.

Lazy guyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great microwave with good bargain

I bought it for $160 during black friday sale, Good replacement for old Sharp carousel. Bigger and better. I use Sensor Reheat to defrost my meats very quickly. The stands slip and no grip on any surface no matter where you put it. I guess we will see how long will this microwave last.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$160.00.

NNairCountry NSW

Great microwave

Choose this microwave based on choice review and user reviews. Only machine that had few issues for users in the real world and scored above 80% in professional tests. Also it has a timer for other uses independent of microwaving food. Not inverter but much more powerful than last oven. It also has a full time keypad with option of quick 30s cooking increments. The Black is nice but easy to scratch if that's a worry. Also don't like the fact you can't turn off noisy keypad or fin timer.

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$179.00.

Jellis BichePerth, WA

Looks good, good size, good price.

I chose this Westinghouse microwave because it was well priced, a good size and has a stainless steel finish.
When you just need to cook something simple quickly the surprise is in the selection of cooking time.
You just press 1 and it cooks for 1min and 2 etc.
I used to have to type in the time and press start with my old LG eg - 1.00 start or 0.25 start.
What also makes me smile is when all you press is start, away it goes for 30secs.
If it is in the middle of cooking and you think it needs longer, press start and it will add 30secs.
Easy, love it.

Marty KAdelaide

Excellent large no-frills microwave

Bought this one after our Sharp Carousel started arcing. It's not an inverter, but not an issue for us since we really only use our microwave to cook vegetables and reheat left-overs and beverages. Its stainless look is nice in our kitchen, pretty quiet compared to our old one and a nice large size for our family of 4. Speaking of size, I had to double check it would fit into our microwave shelf (made it by 10mm), something to keep in mind. Also love how items (cups particularly) return to the original position when finished warming, so there is no fiddling in the microwave with a hot cup trying to get to a handle that's now facing the back.... its at the front where you placed it initially.

trueblueaussie61

trueblueaussie61Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Clock Switches Itself Off After 1 Minute

The, clock switches itself off after 1 minute, which is annoying as I rely on being able to know what time of day it is. So, I got a replacement microwave. The 2nd one did the same thing. I tried reheating a chicken roast dinner but some parts were hot & other parts were cold. Don’t bother with this poor quality.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for A$149.00.

Very happy customer

Very happy customerLyneham 2602, ACT

Very pleased about this product

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Larue

LarueAU

Happy

I like this microwave the texture of food isnt too bad does a good job I'm very happy with the program buttons i find it easy to use with no fuss easy to clean and heats the food properly looks good on my bench and not too heavy to pick up.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hason

HasonSydney, NSW

Quality build. But not very smart.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Monica

MonicaSydney, NSW

Very Happy with It

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Athulya Andrews

Athulya Andrewsmelbourne

Perfect for our renovated kitchen

I am completely satisfied with this product we purchased from GoodGuys. The steel finish gives a stunning look and perfectly goes with our renovated kitchen. It has lot of options that I still need to explore, but really happy with its performance on the daily go. The power specifications are good as we were using a low budget one earlier.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Ross

RossJoondalup

Powerful

This microwave has got plenty of power and lots of great settings (if you need them), although we mostly just hit start. Pretty easy to clean and it looks great in our kitchen (all white appliances). Bit noisier than I would have liked but other than that, we are pretty happy with it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
astraveb777

astraveb777Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just purchased looks great fits in with other appliances

Purchased this microwave purely for the size as we were updating oven, etc. and needed a specific size appliance to fit the cavity. this it has done, looks great but I am a little overwhelmed with the instructions totally different to the old one (that was a Westinghouse as well) not as simple to operate. I will revisit in a month or so with another review. Fingers crossed it will be a good one. My rating is on appearance only.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Philbrand

PhilbrandGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Put the food in and it turns around Yay!

Pretty good microwave, does its job. The buttons are preset, so if you press two it sets timer for two minutes. Pressing the start button adds half a minute, so i have to have my glasses handy. Has a lot of useless things like a count down timer, buttons for pop corn and heating up old pizzas. But it works very well

Date PurchasedJul 2018
blacklabrador

blacklabradorCentral West, NSW

HAPPY with this microwave!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
pravinb

pravinbAU

Good Choice

Very satisfied with the microwave. Bought from the good Guys during ebay 20% off on top of the already reduced price and I am very happy with the decision. Heats the food evenly and there are no cold spots. Sensor re-heat is a good addition. Easy to use and is not loud. Overall no complaints and a very good product.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Thea

Theaasked

WMF4102SA (Stainless Steel)

Since buying this microwave 4 months ago we have noticed 'bubbling' appearing on the Start button on the control panel. There is also peeling at the top left hand corner of the control panel. Is this a fault? Or is there a protective film present on the Control Panel that is now bubbling/peeling, which needs to be removed? We removed the protective film around the body of the microwave on installation, as it was obvious to the naked eye.

Ray G

Ray Gasked

WMF4102BA (Black)

Twice now have had power cut and the 1st time the unit had to be left unplugged overnight for the touchpad to work properly, some numbers would not work. Another power cut today and same thing has happened, numbers 4,5,6,7,8,9 don't work. Looks like it's going back to the Good Guys tomorrow

Lazy guy

Better get replacement quickly. I unplug mine 2x already and no problem.

Dave

Daveasked

WMF4102

When in operation, can you see your food through the glass to monitor its cooking? Especially for things like melting butter, look through glass as its cooking to see how melted it is.

NNair

Yes the light is fine you will have to look as it is a good mesh.

Marty K

Same. It isn't super clear because of the mesh in the glass, but not too bad.

Jellis Biche

Yes, I agree about the mesh. The light is good though and I can watch milk rising in a jug as it boils to press stop before spillage.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives