Westinghouse WMF4102

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Terrible

Purchased in January 2020,worked well until it suddenly stopped heating. Light and turntable still work.
Can not be repaired. I'd expect a Westinghouse product to be MUCH for reliable and come with a longer warranty.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $220.00.

LJN
LJN

Poor quality & unreliable

I was disappointed in it’s cooking performance, and now I’m very unhappy with it’s reliability. This microwave oven seemed to cook unevenly, with hot spots in the food, that I hadn't noticed in my previous microwave ovens. Recently it got very noisy, and now has failed after just 3 years of little use. Power is ON, light is ON, the turntable rotates, but no cooking. For $189 I would expect a life of 10 years or more, like my previous Sharp and Panasonic ovens. I'm advised it isn't repairable as the EHT power supply and Magnetron have failed.

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for $189.00.

Other Microwaves

short warranty and can not be repaired when faulty.

Thought I had purchased a good quality product. worked great for 18month then suddenly stopped heating - light and turn table still working. Called Westinghouse to be told that it only has a 12month warranty and this Microwave is unpreparable (for any fault). I knew it was out of warranty but as it was expensive I thought it would be cheaper to just repair it but apparently that's not an option.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

vickilove
vickiloveIllawarra, NSW

Noisy

This appliance cooks well, but is very noisy compared to previous Panasonic model. Love the fact it doesn't have "cool down" feature. Quick cook by simply touching a button is a great feature, from 1-9 minutes. So far the cooking is right on point - fast and powerful. The noisy operation to us is an issue & makes it disappointing & therefore loses stars as it is annoying and in this day & age should be whisper quiet.

Purchased in July 2020 at Betta Home Living for $249.00.

Roselyn
RoselynMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect for heating, defrosting, and etc

Very straightforward microwave. It has a style & fashion that is basically easy and or usable for everybody. It helps to warm up foods accordingly and at the same time aid in defrosting frozen stuff brilliantly.

Purchased in December 2019.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Matthew B
Matthew BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not quite what we expected

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for $247.00.

John S.
John S.

So close yet so far

Purchased at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Trent
TrentForde 2914, ACT

Perfect basic microwave

We had an Ilve combo microwave which died after some 10ish years of service (looked like the magnetron, as everything worked, it just didn't heat), so we looked at every locally available microwave that would fit the space we had. Having recently purchased a Westinghouse fridge freezer, we opted for the matching microwave.

I has a larger turntable and is more powerful than the old Ilve.

It does everything we need, and cost significantly less than the trim kit we bought to go with the old oven.

Really happy with this purchase, have had it for a few weeks now and just getting used to the shorter times required to do things, with this higher wattage unit. Would buy again

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $229.00.

Lazy guy
Lazy guyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great microwave with good bargain

I bought it for $160 during black friday sale, Good replacement for old Sharp carousel. Bigger and better. I use Sensor Reheat to defrost my meats very quickly. The stands slip and no grip on any surface no matter where you put it. I guess we will see how long will this microwave last.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $160.00.

NNair
NNairCountry NSW

Great microwave

Choose this microwave based on choice review and user reviews. Only machine that had few issues for users in the real world and scored above 80% in professional tests. Also it has a timer for other uses independent of microwaving food. Not inverter but much more powerful than last oven. It also has a full time keypad with option of quick 30s cooking increments. The Black is nice but easy to scratch if that's a worry. Also don't like the fact you can't turn off noisy keypad or fin timer.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $179.00.

Jellis Biche
Jellis BichePerth, WA

Looks good, good size, good price.

I chose this Westinghouse microwave because it was well priced, a good size and has a stainless steel finish.
When you just need to cook something simple quickly the surprise is in the selection of cooking time.
You just press 1 and it cooks for 1min and 2 etc.
I used to have to type in the time and press start with my old LG eg - 1.00 start or 0.25 start.
What also makes me smile is when all you press is start, away it goes for 30secs.
If it is in the middle of cooking and you think it needs longer, press start and it will add 30secs.
Easy, love it.

Marty K
Marty KAdelaide

Excellent large no-frills microwave

Bought this one after our Sharp Carousel started arcing. It's not an inverter, but not an issue for us since we really only use our microwave to cook vegetables and reheat left-overs and beverages. Its stainless look is nice in our kitchen, pretty quiet compared to our old one and a nice large size for our family of 4. Speaking of size, I had to double check it would fit into our microwave shelf (made it by 10mm), something to keep in mind. Also love how items (cups particularly) return to the original position when finished warming, so there is no fiddling in the microwave with a hot cup trying to get to a handle that's now facing the back.... its at the front where you placed it initially.

trueblueaussie61
trueblueaussie61Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Clock Switches Itself Off After 1 Minute

The, clock switches itself off after 1 minute, which is annoying as I rely on being able to know what time of day it is. So, I got a replacement microwave. The 2nd one did the same thing. I tried reheating a chicken roast dinner but some parts were hot & other parts were cold. Don’t bother with this poor quality.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $149.00.

Very happy customer
Very happy customerLyneham 2602, ACT

Very pleased about this product

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Larue
LarueAU

Happy

I like this microwave the texture of food isnt too bad does a good job I'm very happy with the program buttons i find it easy to use with no fuss easy to clean and heats the food properly looks good on my bench and not too heavy to pick up.

Date PurchasedNov 2016