Westpac Home and Contents Insurance

Westpac Home and Contents Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

APD

APDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst than you can imagine

1 star is tooooooooooooooooooo much.

Worst than you can imagine. Please do not sign up. I wish I had a look into this page before I buy the insurance. The process is very painful and stressful. The assessor MK3 comes to your home with intention to put you in at fault position. Rude manager and customer service.

Do not waste your time.

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim DateJune 2019

H. Seneviratne

H. SeneviratneNorth Queensland, QLD

Rude customer service

Their home and contents cover my patio but they clearly do not understand the definition of their own policies and are trying to find whichever way not to cover the repairs for my patio. They're trying to claim my patio as just being an outdoor path to the pool when in reality it is just like any other patio and should be covered. When trying to address this, the team leader who I was referred to did not allow me to voice my concern and was being very rude and unprofessional. She did not answer any of my questions and had not even looked into my appeal.

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2019
TLT

TLTSydney, NSW

No cover

After been told I needed a report from an electrician to prove our pool chlorinator was affected by an electrical fault we were informed that is was not covered!
Only the pump would be covered which wasn’t damaged!
After phone calls and emails all encouraging me to claim as I was entitled too! Request denied !
Thanks Westpac for nothing!!!

MJ K

MJ KAdelaide

Their disgusting customer service and very poor assessment

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019

Westpac Insurance will look for any exclusion clause rather than pay claims.

We lodged a claim on a Landlord Building Policy for damage caused by Tenants. It was a straight forward case. Westpac went to the Tenant, who was liable for the damage, to get information to use against us. In turn, the Tenant used information supplied by the Westpac Assessor in their defence of our claim against them. Our Claim will go all the way to the AAT. Stay clear of these people.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateJune 2019

Adam

AdamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Insurance, until you need them!

I have had Westpac H&C for almost 10 years. Slow leak in the internal walls that was only noticeable recently. Contacted Westpac immediately, long story short nothing is covered as the leak has been ongoing.

Claim MadeNo

Roy

RoyPerth, WA

Damage in December 2018 still waiting for service

Very disappointed in delay in commencing work on claim still being assessed almost 6 months after claim lodged. Many calls and contact with assessor have not progressed to any decision.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2018

Elizabeth

ElizabethSydney, NSW

Stay away - rude, delay, rely on externals to “assess” claims - you end up dealing with 3 people just to process a claim

Customer-of-Westpac-insurance-for-8yrs. Westpac has happily taken our premiums but when our house was storm-damaged, it shafted us-onto-external-builders-to-assess-our-claim who are rude. Makesafe didn’t happen-even though-we-told-them-it-could-seriously-harm-our-toddler. they sit on/delay claims exacerbating damage-when-you-email-or-try-to-get-in-tough-they-don’t-respond-I’m-pulling-my-mortgage-creditcard-insurance-out of-westpac.theyve-been-atrocious.

Ashwin

AshwinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Westpac insurance is not even one star but for the purpose of review I had to give one

Worst insurers, people beware, dont even think of buying insurance from them. They will make you feel like a criminal even if you have a genuine claim and will be suspicious. I will be taking them to ACCC if my claim is not approved after taking two months to investigate. Also they will never contact you in first place.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateMarch 2019
Rusty

RustyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely disgusting

They asked for a good 10 bits of information regarding my claim from phone records to bank statements. Then ask for 5 more bits of info, before I said enough is a enough either approve or reject the claim. The process is very painful and stressful. Would stay away, you wouldn’t believe this is all for around 5000 worth of lost equipment.

Ram

Ram

Don't bother to put a claim your time is more valuable to spend many hours on the phone!email?good luck!

Explaining same thing for five different persons eveytime and being on the phone 40 minutes not nice.Forget about claim itself your time is more valuable. Wanna enjoy more?try to cancel your policy online!

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The worst place to buy Home and Contents Insurance

I wouldn't recommend using Westpac for your Home and Contents because their insurance is very expensive so I would recommend going to RACV for your Home and Contents Insurance since they are much cheaper.

Claim MadeNo

S F M

S F M

CONFUSING AND EXPENSIVE

I had a Content Claim through Westpac. Apparently Lumley Insurance handled this. I was informed the excess was $400 but the contractor charged $250.00. As always Westpac is a RIP OFF!

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Awful claims process for Landlord building & contents insurance

Andrew

AndrewPerth

Never call you back, loose information and always looking for a way out of paying for a claim

I am a major Westpac client and was told by Westpac that it was a great product - they 'assured' me it was one of the best around. I have now tried to make a storm damage claim and have been given the absolute run around making a claim, they have lost information and are making it as difficult as possible. Making a claim is where the 'rubber hits the road' DO NOT INSURE WITH WESTPAC.

Insurance claim madeYes

OMG Westpac Insurance is unbelievably bad. All bad reviews are true.

Peter M

Peter MGeraldine NZ

Westpac Insurance paid $2000 towards damage caused by a flood estimated at $214,000 to repair

Insurance claim madeYes

Not worth the paper it is written on

Terrible experience from start to finish. Had one claim request whilst living in the same home for the past eight years. Was Unsatisfied with the attitude of the assessor and with the entire way in which the claim was handled. Must mention - it was denied. Before accepting Westpac home insurance check the rating and the reviews.

Insurance claim madeYes

Giving us the run around

12 years we have been with Westpac. We were broken into early 2017 and they still haven't finalised our claim. It's so frustrating, they keep changing the person handling our claim and asking questions over and over again. I believe they are giving us the run around so we give up. We aren't going to though. I'll till you one thing, I certainly won't recommend Westpac to anyone and we went be renewing our policy.

Rosanne

RosanneSEAVIEW DOWNS

Absolutely Useless!!

I was told by the Insurance sales person at the branch my property was covered for everything with storm damage.
When i did try and claim for torn outside awnings that were more than 5 years old I was told that material awnings were not covered and they were old. The person in claims was just about ready my right act from a book. when i asked what I wasnt covered for , He told me to read to Policy booklet. I am definitely changing my insurance. Westpac - totally conned me, and I bet they dont even read these comments!!!

mary

maryasked

Why haven't all these people taken legal action or gone on 60 minutes television program?

Grace I
Grace I

If you go with us, we will

hatelemons
hatelemons

Judging from all the recent reviews, Westpac Insurance appears to be on a consistent downward trend that breaches the Insurance Code of Practice.. Legal action anyone? 60 minutes? Current Affairs? I am inspired by the current Commissure scandal..

William Marcus
William Marcus

i am ready

darinka barnes

darinka barnesasked

I have assessor coming in two days to inspect a bathroom leak slow leak over a long time, covered in my policy but after reading some reports am very worried as damage is quite bad should I record the assessor when he comes?

Stop Fraud
Stop Fraud

I am interested to know your outcome? Our experience is that Westpac Assessors comes with the intention to wash their hands of all of these claims.

Lee
Lee

Record everything and use emails for a paper trail and use email follow ups for all phone calls and yes record the assessor and anything he states get it in writing before he leaves the premises
Westpac and their assessors can not be trusted

Sandra Lampard

Sandra Lampardasked

if the loss assessor deem the products failed or ruined do i have the right to chose to keep my property? i have had an assessor today say that due to work place health and safety he has to take away my lounge..Help please.

David Lambert
David Lambert

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that so maybe ask the assessor to give a written explanation.
David

Get an answer from our members and Westpac representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance