Westpac Home and Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (10)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (11)

Geoffrey S.

Geoffrey S.Hobart, TAS

Forget trying to speak to anyone

I am an existing policy holder with a simple query I believe. After lengthy holds on the phone I selected their call-back option but never received one. Five days later I phoned again and was on hold for an hour. The phone wasn't answered but went straight through to their survey. I'm up for a policy renewal shortly and I won't be going with these clowns again!!

Declined twice from Mk3, Then won on 3rd round.

• +1Thumbnail
Scott

ScottHunter Region, NSW

Worst possible company to deal with. Started claiming February 2020 it’s now August 2020 and still no approved claim.

Worst possible company to deal with. Started claiming February 2020 it’s now August 2020 and still no approved claim takes the assessor 2 weeks to respond to an email. Everything for my investment property is “ apparently accidental damage, not malicious” they will find any way to get out of paying . An absoute joke . DONOT INSURe WITH WESTPAC. I have a list of 80 items that are damaged
And they will only
Consider (not approve) 17 items .what a joke

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Westpac Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Cyrus N.

Cyrus N.Perth, WA

A shocking and appalling experience with our claim

It took 8 weeks for Westpac to process our claim which was eventually rejected. The claim was for a washing machine which according to a repairer the cause was PCB board /motor burn out. We were not given a clear explanation for the disapproval. It took a significant number of correspondences to justify our claim and we had to send supporting documents several times due to the lack of communication among Westpac’s staff. They rarely responded to our emails and we had to proactively seek response. Please think twice and shop around before committing yourself to this insurer who is inefficient and not fulfilling what they have promised in their policy.

Car

Car

Unbelievable! 9 months and 6 leaks later.... still leaking

SOJ

SOJSydney, NSW

Westpac home & contents insurance is appalling!

Princess

PrincessSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

A perfect and helpful experience with the staff

Could not fault the phone staff or the assessor with any of my questions.They were quick to respond and so polite and helpful and we were done with in 4 weeks start to finish

Great Sailing

Great SailingSydney, NSW

It's not really WestPac, its the company they outsource to which is Patterson Insurerbuild

S.Little

S.LittleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid this company..they find every unrelated way to avoid paying your money after making you wait for weeks

I had westpac insurance for years, home and content as well as landlord. Nevee had to put a claim until 2020 when our tenant left with unpaid rent, bills and a big damage reported by police. We documented everything perfectly and the claim got rejected due to years ago they calculated there was a late rent payment when we didn't even have insurance, plus it is not even real, we never had rental arrears.
Now taking them to ACCC...we will make an example of BAD insurance companies who do everything to not pay a claim...

This is ridiculous!

This is the worst insurance policy, someone breaks into a house and the family is overseas and all of the items get stolen like t.v,speakers,ps4,watches,phones and ipads, with having this insurance the family thought they can get the money worth the items which was close to $8000, however they declined it because the insurance was taken one week before the break in happened, now how does this make sense, this is a ridiculous company, i hope it gets bankruptcy.

Home insurance claim

Claim number HOM1147570

Elizabeth

ElizabethSydney, NSW

How is it possible the ACCC hasn’t prosecuted them

Mark owens

Mark owensSydney

rude, scam artists

First time ever to make a claim, after huge storm and massive tree branch falls on roof, took 2 weeks for an assessor to come out, Steve from MK3, one of the rudest guys I've ever met, spends 30 seconds, says because we are doing renovations we are not covered by insurance ( even though we are not renovating the roof). Total rip off, wish I'd looked at the reviews of this mob before taking out the insurance. Here comes the court case, i'm not letting them get away with this. Also they have lost a massive mortgage and bank account over this.

Not Happy

Not HappySydney, NSW

Absolutely the worst. Keep away from Westpac Insurance (farms it off to Patterson Insurerbuild)

Maggie G

Maggie GRichmond-Tweed, NSW

They Abandon You

Coverage TypeHome Only

Hopeless

I have had Westpac home and contents insurance for years, without making a claim. Last year I had part of my ceiling collapse in my garage. They refused to send out an assessor out to inspect it because I said it didn't look wet. I have no idea why the ceiling collapsed. Everyone who saw it said it is definitely covered by insurance, except Westpac. As a single mother, and looking after my mother with dementia, this whole experience has been horrendous. Essentially I have been paying my insurance for absolutely nothing. Take it from me, do not buy Westpac Insurance!!

Rola Rahal

Rola RahalSydney, NSW

Not happy

Robert B.

Robert B.Southwest, VIC

Excellent service

Contacted westpac insurance about my airconditioner broken down sent the quote in via email 2 hours later had a reply to say it was approved I had paid for the replacement my claim was deposited into my account within 3 days great service and very understanding and helpful staff

HARLS

HARLSCentral West, NSW

I would never recommend Westpac Insurance to anyone

APD

APDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst than you can imagine

1 star is tooooooooooooooooooo much.

Worst than you can imagine. Please do not sign up. I wish I had a look into this page before I buy the insurance. The process is very painful and stressful. The assessor MK3 comes to your home with intention to put you in at fault position. Rude manager and customer service.

Do not waste your time.

mary

maryasked

Why haven't all these people taken legal action or gone on 60 minutes television program?

Grace I
Grace I

If you go with us, we will

hatelemons
hatelemons

Judging from all the recent reviews, Westpac Insurance appears to be on a consistent downward trend that breaches the Insurance Code of Practice.. Legal action anyone? 60 minutes? Current Affairs? I am inspired by the current Commissure scandal..

William Marcus
William Marcus

i am ready

darinka barnes

darinka barnesasked

I have assessor coming in two days to inspect a bathroom leak slow leak over a long time, covered in my policy but after reading some reports am very worried as damage is quite bad should I record the assessor when he comes?

Stop Fraud
Stop Fraud

I am interested to know your outcome? Our experience is that Westpac Assessors comes with the intention to wash their hands of all of these claims.

Lee
Lee

Record everything and use emails for a paper trail and use email follow ups for all phone calls and yes record the assessor and anything he states get it in writing before he leaves the premises
Westpac and their assessors can not be trusted

Sandra Lampard

Sandra Lampardasked

if the loss assessor deem the products failed or ruined do i have the right to chose to keep my property? i have had an assessor today say that due to work place health and safety he has to take away my lounge..Help please.

David Lambert
David Lambert

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that so maybe ask the assessor to give a written explanation.
David