Whirlpool 29L Convection, Crisp & Grill Microwave JQ280IX

MPNs: 36395072 and JQ280IX
Listing monitored by Whirlpool

Ant
AntSouthwest, VIC

no service or spare parts available- you can't even get a replacement plate

The Concept is great, the product works well, but there is no support, I have emailed the company 3 times with no response.

I rang them and they said see if you can get one online we don't have any spare plates and have none on order.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Crisp function is awesome!

I’ve only had this microwave a week so I’m still getting used to it, but so far I’m loving it! The crisp function is great for cooking wedges, pizzas and sausage rolls. I’m still trying to work out the timing for defrosting bread as the 6th sense defrost function only covers meats and vegetables. There is no guidance in the instructions or reference guide, it just states to choose the auto function but there is no auto function for bread. Other than that I’m really happy with this microwave.

Purchased in May 2021 at Harvey Norman for $549.00.

LaneHunter Region, NSW

Perfect 6th sense brilliant

Loads of features, 2 person unit does a great job and beats having house heat up like the regular ovens. Heats up quickly, less washing up, food retains moisture. Programmes great selection including steam function.
Highly recommended and value for money.

Purchased in April 2021 at Harvey Norman for $529.00.

Microwaves

Find out how Whirlpool 29L Convection, Crisp & Grill Microwave JQ280IX compares to other Microwaves

GeorgeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Whirlpool's best Microwave

I have purchased the JQ280 29l convection - crisp - grill - microwave oven. I find it very easy to use , I find it heats the food evenly and preserves the original texture of the food. it is a smart looking machine and has a handle to open the door unlike other models that have a push button to open the door. it is also a quiet unit it comes with an extended 3 year warranty for piece of mind.

Purchased in March 2021 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Roger
Roger

What can't you do with this micowave?

Owned an earlier Whirlpool Crisp and Bake and recently upgraded to the larger 29L Convection, Crisp and Grill and haven't looked back. More features with the 6th sense function and auto weighing, so far cooking to perfection every time. Steamer dish and steam function makes veggies a breeze. Even cooked a pork belly like in the you tube video, beautiful crackling and juicy pork first go.

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $512.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Susan08
Susan08Perth, WA

Whirlpool JQ280IX Crisp N Grill

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.

Dabsey
DabseyCentral Queensland, QLD

Great multi purpose oven

This was a Christmas present so still early days but so far a big improvement over my basic cheapie microwave I had before. It is quick and silent and the extra features make it very handy in the kitchen. My only negative if it is one is that I found the instructions very minimal for someone like me who is older and not as familiar with fancy gadgets but I got there in the end with the help of youtube. A bigger more comprehensive instruction booklet with loads of recipes would make this a very much 5 star purchase.

Purchased in December 2020 at Appliances Online for $473.00.

Microwave JQ280IX Whirlpool

we were very happy with our new purchase, after less than 1 year it broke down. Everything still worked but whichever function you used, it automatically turned off after + - 2 minutes.
Having a technician come on site but he could not fix the defect either, with our extended insurance we could get a new one. No, it is not that simple because this device was no longer available ...

Purchased in October 2019 at Media Markt ES for $299.00.

Igor
IgorHunter Region, NSW

Early Feedback

Purchased in September 2020 at Appliances Online for $480.00.

P.T.P.
P.T.P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Twenty Plus Years of Satisfaction

My 3rd Whirlpool with crisp function but the 1st with 6th sense convection. So easy to cook just about any dish you could think of in a fraction of the time with perfect results not to mention ease of cleaning with just a quick wipe with a damp cloth if need be. No wonder you never see Whirlpool advertised they sell themselves by word of mouth about their innovative features.
P.T.P

Purchased in September 2020 at Costco Online Store.

AFD
AFDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best kitchen appliance I’ve ever bought!

I have only owned the Whirpool 29L Crisp N’ Grill JQ280IX convection microwave for a couple of weeks and I really only began using it over this last week. It took me a week or two to wrap my head around the fact it wasn’t your basic microwave and that I could use it for something other than just heating up a heat wheat pack, like cooking dinner! So far absolutely loving all of the features. The included accessories are awesome but I wish the steam bowl was just that bit bigger.

Purchased in August 2020 at Appliances Online.

Val
ValSouthern and Hills, SA

fantastic microwave! best I've ever bought

The functions are easy to follow, with amazing results. Programming features are great. Microwave cooks very evenly, with textures as they should be. I am very happy with my purchase

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $549.00.

Wayne Clark
Wayne ClarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

The microwave meets all the family needs.

We have replaced our well used 15 year old Whirlpool crisp n grill. The new oven is better as the oven size is 50% bigger and has upgraded features.
The ability to reheat a cup of coffee, heat a frozen pie with crispy pastry, to baking a cake or roast a family dinner, demonstrates its flexibility. Being energy conscious we see the microwave as energy efficient compared to a conventional oven.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Deidre
DeidreMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love my new Crisp and Grill MWC25WH

I never thought it would be so easy to cook pizza, heat a pie & also cook chicken shaslicks and much more. It has made such a difference to the time I spend in the kitchen. Plus it saves me power as I don't need to use my oven as often.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $379.00.

Michelle Hogan
Michelle HoganSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome Microwave! Wouldn't use anything else!

This is a great model and a massive improvement from my previous microwave.
Very quiet and works efficiently. Food is always cooked perfectly with this new and improved microwave. Best upgrade and would highly recommend!

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $760.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Grace
Graceasked

Hi, this will be our first purchase of a combo convection + microwave.
Question 1 : can you use the convection oven function separately without using any microwaves?
Question 2 : some brands that have been reviewed note that there is quite a bit of condensation inside the microwave. How does this model fare? Much condensation on the inside when cooking?
Thanks so much.

Lane

Q1. yes you select function of oven you need.
Q2. not much condensation on microwave function, so far I love this oven with all I have cooked in it with all types of functions. I got my at Harvey Norman and saved heaps compared to Good Guys.

Robbie V.asked

We purchased this microwave yesterday then read that it needs 30cm open ventilation above it. We have an underbench microwave cabinet where we planned to install it. Does anyone have theirs in a cabinet and did it cause any issues? We'd only have a 10cm gap above. I'm wondering if that would be sufficient.
Thanks in advance

Whirlpool
Anthony F.Whirlpool

Hi Robbie,
Due to the heat emitted from this microwave, it needs to be placed on a bench to ensure adequate ventilation. Enclosed spaced like cabinets are not recommended as there is not enough room around and above the microwave.
Regards

Robbie V.

Oh no. Not the answer I was hoping for. I watched every tutorial and not a mention of it needing to be on a bench. Nothing in the specs sheet either. I just stumbled across it when I downloaded the instruction book. I certainly don't have anywhere on a bench top to store this so a very costly underbench adjustment would be needed. I'm going to have to return it. Im so disappointed as this looks like THE most amazing microwave on the market

Ours is on the bench

Jennifer Dasked

My crisp and grill wont let me set seconds for over 10 seconds cooking time .how do i fix this

Whirlpool
Anthony F.Whirlpool

Hi Jennifer,
To change the cook time setting, just turn the knob after selecting the function that you want to use.
If you are turning the know and the time isn't changing, then there may be an issue with the microwave. It would be a good idea to give Arisit Technical Support a call on 1300 762 219 to see if they can recommend a solution or if they think the microwave needs repairs.
Regards

Jennifer D

Thank you so much tried that didnt work

See all Whirlpool 29L Convection, Crisp & Grill Microwave JQ280IX questions

Get an answer from our members and Whirlpool representatives

CategoryMicrowaves