Whirlpool 8kg 6th Sense Heat Pump Dryer HSCR80420

Whirlpool 8kg 6th Sense Heat Pump Dryer HSCR80420

MPNs: 36370930 and HSCR80420

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.5

Steph

StephGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent dryer - very happy with this purchase.

I got this dryer from Appliances Online after reading the great reviews here on productreview - and I'm happy to say it lives up to my expectations.
The dryer is easy to use - the instructions are straightforward, and it dries clothes well. I'm SO happy to have a dryer that doesn't make the walls drip, and that is better for my clothes - being a heat pump dryer.
I absolutely recommend this dryer. Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in April 2021 at Appliances Online for $1,096.00.

Ali.W

Ali.WSydney, NSW

I'm so disappointed in this dryer! Takes 6 hours to dry!

I'm really disappointed in this dryer! It started taking forever to dry clothes under a year of having it, even with small loads. We had a technician out under warranty who said there was a faulty part, a foam filter, which has broken up and clogged the machine, he cleaned it out and ordered a new foam filter which took months to arrive. For a short time, it worked a little better but there was still a lot of the foam stuck in the machine, and it barley works at all. The warranty period is now up and we are stuck with a $1000 dryer that doesn't dry.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $960.00.

Whirlpool
Schae P.Whirlpool
David Anderson

David AndersonGippsland, VIC

Dries clothes well & quiet

This dryer is quite fast, it is also quiet (compared to the one it replaced) and it sits well on top of our front load washing machine. Haven't had a power bill since we installed it, hoping the promised savings show up. I recommend having the drain hose go into the sink as the collection tank (if used) fills up pretty quickly.

Purchased in October 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,068.00.

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how Whirlpool 8kg 6th Sense Heat Pump Dryer HSCR80420 compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Tom

Tom

Fantastic value and works really well

Works well and drys things without an issue. The only thing it doesn’t do well is chuCking something that is lightly damp (90% dried in the line) that you want to blast the last 10%, the sensors don’t pick up that things are wet.

There is something oddly satisfying about emptying the water container after a cycle knowing that is goes straight down the drain rather than going all over the room as steam

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Brandon

BrandonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Efficient (Doesn't heat the room like other dryers so no dampness).

I brought this for my Aunt and she is very happy with the products performance, being efficient and economical is most important for her (although some settings can take a while to finish) being a pensioner also the fact that it came with a 5 year manufacturers warranty gave me confidence in the purchase.

Works perfectly well

Bought this dryer a few weeks ago and so far I am very happy with this product. The price is better compared to similar models, making it good value for money.

Purchased in August 2020.

Priya

Priya

Great investment

An excellent dryer that is easy to operate. Saves a lot of energy as well. European made unit and very useful during winter and rainy days. Has used the dryer many times with mixed type clothing and happy with the performance

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Darren

DarrenSydney, NSW

Great product

I bought this Whirlpool 8kg Heat Pump dryer recently and it has been amazing. It replaced our old vented dryer. Drying times does take longer but in the long run it saves a lot of money. Great design and made in France. The touch function is pretty straight forward. Clothes come out soft and well dried. Just remember to empty the drain container after each cycle and clean the filter. Fast delivery from the team at Appliances Online. A well made product from Whirlpool, good on you guys for maintaining quality. We hope this product will last for a long time.
I've noticed they said 4 years warranty on the Appliances Online website, but from Whirlpool said 2 years. Not sure if you have to register for warranty to get the 4 years?

Purchased in July 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,177.00.

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Works Well

Have had this for a couple of weeks and it is working well and as described. I have tried a couple different programs but tend to use e-cotton cycle the most for towels, clothing and socks. I have found it easy to use and to get it working I only have to push two buttons - on and start. Drying times seem reasonable with most loads completed in about 90mins. I use the lock so my child can't turn it off when he plays with the buttons while it is running, and it can't be started while it is off. I think it looks great and appears well made (packaging said made in France). Very happy with it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Domayne for $1,300.00.

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

jagster

jagster

Really good.

Purchased in June 2020 for $1,099.00.

Peter CGoulburn Valley, VIC

Really amazing

Date PurchasedOct 2018

David B.

David B.asked

Can anyone tell me if this dryer has reverse tumble action and how well it manages bed sheets ?

Whirlpool
Anthony F.Whirlpool

Hi David,
This dryer does have reverse tumbling action.
Regards

Laus

Lausasked

I have recently purchased this dryer as a “factory second”. The first load I put on was towels straight from the washing machine. I chose the XXL programme as this seemed the most appropriate but towels came out still feeling damp. Put on again for a further 20 mins extra dry setting and towels felt mostly dry but noticed they looked all bally, they actually looked very worn and had previous not looked like that. The next time I used it was on a load of so is, cotton underwear and cotton singlets amd selected the extra dry setting. They can doubt dry but the socks also looked very bally. Seems concern8g that the dryer is doing that much damage after only one drying cycle. Has anyone else had this problem?

Peter C

Not me Laus. The first time I used the machine the towels were also a bit damp but they were fine with a little extra time I've never used the XXL setting, I usually use mixed. If anything is damp I just take out the dry stuff, leave the damp stuff and dry on the same setting. Seems to work for me and the towels are wonderfully light and fluffy. Don't forget to empty the water and clean the filters after each dry though.

Kaden A.
Kaden A.

I just bought this dryer today as a factory second also. paid $750 inc delivery... hope I didn't waste my money. will post my experience when I get to use it.

Get an answer from our members and Whirlpool representatives

CategoryHeat Pump Clothes Dryers