highest level of professionalism

As a professional engineer I deal with vendors on a daily basis and dealing with Wide Span Sheds (Frank or Helen) their conduct, response, level of expertise has been exemplary. I would (and already have) recommend them and Wide Span to any other potential shed purchaser.

Trouble free experience.

Lance and his team have been very helpful and assisted me through the purchase with minimum of fuss. Queries have been answered promptly and in detail. They have chased up any issues I raised and returned responses to me.

Great service!!!!

Paul took his time with me to make sure I was happy with everything even though I changed my mind a few times he supported me all the way. Great service and love the update emails letting me know every stage of the build

Barry Alexander, Toowoomba agent.

Barry was very helpful, and as a first time Owner Builder assisted in important steps to start the building process of our new steel kit home which without Barry's input and advice is not as daunting as it could have been. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Very helpful and informative

Very helpful and informative. Graham gave us options to choose from and always sent us a quote by email.
Very friendly on the phone. Knows the product. I would recommend Widespan Sheds

Shed Purchase from Wide Span Griffith

Purchasing a shed from Graham was a incredible experience. Graham was very accommodating, professional and efficient. I would recommend the purchase of a Wide Span Shed through Graham to any of my family, friends or colleagues. I would like this feedback to go Grahams employer. That guy deserves a pay rise!!

Impressive process from initial inquiry through to ordering. Very good technical, logistic support and pricing. All support has always positive, prompt and accurate. Very clear information. It's a shame most companies cannot operate at this standard.

Wonderful knowledge and service

Thank you for this opportunity as I think Nicholas did a fabulous job explaining to me the details as well as the process with wide spans ordering and production outline he’s very competent and professional

Wide Span Sheds

I found this firm to be friendly, reliable, helpful, nothing too much trouble. Staff are courteous and quick to answer any queries. Need to clarify purchase agreement online not working.

Great communication and flexibility

Great communication and flexibility with design and payment. Both sales and design phases have been easy and the information valuable for council planning and slab preparation. Would recommend family and friends.

They were and are really helpful throughout the process.

From the start, both Allyson and Steve were very helpful and are continuing to be helpful. Also they have answered all questions i have asked throughout council requirements and Fair trading for Owner Builders Permit.

The Perfect Dream Shed

There are others out there who claim to be the Best (and cheapest) but they are not. At Wide Span we got a better shed both quality wise and structurally at the same price as cheaper brands. Don't be fooled

After Sales problems Land on Deaf Ears

As has been pointed out in these reviews - Plans are difficult to understand as they can be generic to say, 4 different shed sizes. So this makes it very frustrating while putting up. (If you are putting it up yourself)
I found the planning stages very good with the Wide Span Team. Thank you.

Due to the C channel construction it can be difficult standing up beams as they are like a half wet noodle.

I found some parts missing along the build as it was too hard to check everything when delivered as i was helping the lone driver unload.
The first time i noticed something missing they were helpful.
The second time my emails and calls were unanswered but the part turned up two weeks later out of the blue.

And the third time i had problems my calls and emails totally unanswered.

My problem as that i wasn’t supplied or told about “fall wire” for the skylights so my shed failed the final inspection - this meant that i had to Buy fallwire out of my own pocket, rehire a Scissor Lift for the weekend, pull off all of the sky lights again and spend a day fixing all of this up.. then, i had to get the Building inspector back out to inspect it again.

The plans were meant to be certified by Widespans Engineers and when i finally got someone to talk to - this lady blamed everyone else but Wide Span - this really grinds my gears >:(

When finances are tight, I don’t need to be spending Hundreds of Dollars more on something that should have been easily avoided!!

If i were to build again - i would use Safety Steel Sheds - they are stronger and easier to put up as they don’t have the flexing - However - once up and finished our shed is pretty good :)

Andrew.

Thank you for your review Andrew. Your quotation that you received before contracting with us alerts you in the General Specification under the bold subheading ‘Skylights’ to the use of safety mesh with skylights and we confirm that skylight safety mesh is to be provided by others. The Construction Manual page 33 of 44 under the bold heading ‘Skylights’ alerts you to ‘making sure to fit the safety mesh where required’. All builders will be aware of their obligations to ensuring site and worker safety, whilst WorkSafe Victoria requires owner-builders who erect any structure to undertake ‘white card’ training where the safety focus references skylights and safety mesh. In light of your experience, the first to be brought to our attention, we will add a further reference on both the Plans and the Bill of Materials to ‘Safety Mesh (by Others)’. No customer is expected to check everything at the time of the delivery. As you know, we wrote to you on 28/01/19 to confirm the scheduled delivery date and we attached a copy of the Supply Guarantee that makes clear you have ninety (90) days from the date of the delivery to check the materials delivered to site and report any missing or damaged items. All we ask is that the recipient check the condition of any roller door and / or personal access door at the time of the delivery and advise the driver of any concerns so this can be noted on the delivery manifest. The second time you contacted us was 15/3/19 at 9.43 am to advise that you were unable to locate the blue bag that is zip tied to the inside of the roller door. Within 40 minutes your Customer Experience Specialist had on forwarded you email to the manufacturer of the roller door requesting they express post the parcel. You advised us in a subsequent email ‘Thanks for chasing up the roller door kit so quickly as well – it turned up in one day’. The third time you contacted us was 29/4/2019 at 12.04 pm to advise the building was 98% finished but that you were unable to locate a small 427 mm corner flashing. Within 39 minutes we had notified our main supply partner and the agreed standard operating procedure would have them check their manufacturing records, then contact the customer to advise the scheduled delivery date for the replacement flashing. The following week we received a voice message from you notifying us that you had not received the corner flashing and within 3 minutes of you leaving that message we contacted our supply partner and regrettably they advised us they had not actioned our request, but they confirmed that they would deliver the flashing within the next 2 business days and that is what they did. We sincerely apologise for this situation. For the record, we did take the manufacturer to task over this matter and they advised us the situation was due to a staffing issue that they had since resolved and they assured us that their response time frames were back in keeping with our customers reasonable expectations. Your plan drawings including the Layout, Specification Sheets (2 pages), Bracing, Concrete Piers, Slab Dimensions, Component Position (3 pages) reflect the size, specification and features unique to your particular building. Your building is designed to suit the exact location it is going to be built on your property, which makes the engineering and aforementioned drawings utterly unique to your job. There are a myriad of permutations of column size and rafter size and roof pitch and yet we have included only those Connection Details that are relevant to your job. Readers of Product Review will recognise that when it comes to a common detail, perhaps showing how to secure a roof sheet or fit a personal access door that these can be adequately illustrated using a generic drawing. The Construction Manual contains eleven pages of guidance on portal frame assembly, construction bracing and portal erection however as indicated in the Wide Span Sheds Blog ‘Are Steel Shed Kits Easy to Erect’ that depends on the size and design of your building and erecting your own steel structure can be challenging but professional shed builders will be very familiar with the proficiencies associated with standing portal frames.

Happyl

I am building on a difficult block and have spent a long time getting council approval and David has kept in touch over this time and David and Bronwyn have helped and supported me along the way and still is

Easy to deal with

Nigel was very professional and easy to deal with. All my questions were answered promptly and he worked extremely hard to make my experience when purchasing a 24m machinery shed a good experience. If the delivery and erection of my shed goes as well as the purchase process I will be very happy. At this stage of the whole process I would happily recommend you to prospective customers.
Regards Col

Good work WSS

Simple process and good collaborative support from both Matt Halliday and head office. I was able to discuss the size of my site and eventually able to get a shed that would offer me the widest span without a post in the front

Always quick with quotes and updates. Nothing seemed too much trouble. Even if the primary contact was unavailable, another could step in and provide solutions. The quote was very competitive

Great Communication and Expertise

We really enjoyed working with David. His knowledge is extensive and his assistance and support was terrific. He made suggestions and offered great advice. The entire process is very professional. I would thoroughly recommend David and Wide Span Sheds.

Fantastic service

from first point of contact Greg was helpful polite and very efficient the process has been easy cant wait to see our new shed erected, don't hesitate to contact Wide span you wont be disappointed

Helpful and efficient from first contact.

The process was easy and impressive. I compared the quote with the cost of buying just the raw steel and realised that my labour cost to cut and drill etc would be much more than the quote.

Looking to talk to someone who has Built the valley view 345

Are Wide Span homes considered to be removable to meet council requirements for a dependent living unit?
Thank you for your enquiry. We understand that conditions and rules on dependent persons units vary between councils and therefore it is best to check with your local council. If the council requires that dependent persons units must be able to be easily lifted and placed on a new site within a short period of time (generally a few days) then you might be best searching for demountable and / or transportable buildings.

Can you erect the sheds and how much? Thank you!
Thank you for your question. Wide Span Sheds expertise is the engineering, manufacture and supply of steel kit buildings, but we can provide administrative support to help our customers obtain quotes from builders with experience in erecting sheds. Your Wide Span Sheds sales person will be pleased to discuss your project and work with you to develop a quote that will satisfy your technical and budgetary requirements. You can contact us on 1300 94 33 77 anytime between 7.30 am and 5.00 pm (AEST) five days a week and at weekends (see website for opening time) to request a quote, or you can find your Local Agent by visiting www. sheds. com. au / agents and entering your post code.