Wildfire Sports

Wildfire Sports

Online store and Physical store

See the Best Sports & Recreation Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Misleading information and poor customer service

Purchased smallest size Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Mini Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones using the online measures and they were ridiculously large. Was charged $12 to receive them, $19.95 to return them plus $11 in post office charges. Call centre worker advised she was new and couldn't help and couldn't find her supervisor and suggested I call back another day. Not her fault but frustrating when I feel the online measurement information was inaccurate and therefore misleading, consequently costing me money in postage charges. Disappointing experience from an online store that came highly recommended.

Hi Bryar, Thanks for your feedback, but I'm a bit confused to hear about your experience. Can you please contact us via email with more details about your purchase? We don't have any record of a purchase under this name, and we offer free return shipping, so I'm unclear on which 'postage charges' you are referring to. We haven't had any problems with Trekz Mini sizing being too large in the past, in fact we generally only recommend them to children and quite small adults, as the regular size Trekz fits most. Our sizing guide is direct from the manufacturer, so please let me know in that email who the headphones were for and what their head measurement is, as we can feed that back to the manufacturer in case changes need to be made. I will also speak with our returns staff members and make sure they are aware of how to leave messages for supervisors even if they are not available. I hope that helps, I look forward to hearing back from you with the order and receiver details so I can help further.

Fantastic company

It is great to deal with a company that does what it says it will do. A wide range of outdoor and travel goods at very competitive prices. Fantastic personalised service, goods delivered promptly, exactly what I wanted. I'll definitely use them for all my outdoor need, thanks Wildfire, Peter

Thanks Peter!

Outstanding service

They responded promptly to my emails questions. They dispatched the item within two hours of my order. Item was received two days later (even though it was a normal delivery to regional Qld. ). Well done guys.

Faultless

These guys were well priced but more importantly answered all of my questions, quickly.
After a few recent bad experiences with other online retailers Wildfire was a breath of fresh air.

Even though we live in rural WA the sleeping bag came seriously quick
I'd use them again , without hesitation.

Fred

'Pay to have the faulty product returned to you or we'll dispose of it'

Initially all was good with this company. I purchased the Klymit Insulated Static V Lite Light Sleeping Mat online, arrived quickly and was excited to use it. On my first use of the mat over a 3 day hike it slowly slowly deflated each night leaving me on the ground with no other options. After the hike I immediately contacted Wildfire to advise of my issue as the mat couldn't be used, where I then sent the mat to them for assessment.

Here's where things didn't go so well.

They did some tests to the mat and deemed it wasn't faulty and asked me to pay $9.95 to have the item sent back, noting if it did leak again, then they would re-assess. I explained the mat did not stay inflated for 3 consecutive days on first use, and therefore was faulty and not fit for purpose and did not agree with their response.

My only option at that point was to have the mat sent back to me where they requested I provide evidence that it was actually leaking overnight. I refused to pay for the faulty product to be returned to me for me to prove there was a leak.

[name removed] then came back suggesting that it was "possible that while you were using the sleeping mat that you did not seal the valve correctly" which for a mat with a basic inflating system was surprising. I again requested to understand what options I had, and was told by [name removed] "Your options in this case are to pay the $9.95 reshipping fee to receive the mat back, or not to pay and we dispose of the mat." After this unacceptable response I advised would be lodging a formal complaint with Consumer Affairs.

Only after my threat to go to consumer affairs and 5 weeks going back and forth did they decide to contact the supplier. The supplier contacted me directly and replaced the mat for me straight away.

From the start I wanted a mat that wasn't faulty, and was treated like a customer trying to cheat them out of money as they might not be able to re-sell the item.

There are so many different things wrong with this interaction, but what pushed me over the edge was where I either had to pay to have the faulty item shipped back to me, or they would just dispose of the mat. Appalling. I was once happy to be a future customer of Wildfire Sports, but based on the treatment received will never shop with them again. If the company had just contacted the supplier in week one, I'm sure this would have been settled.

For future buyers, ensure you understand your rights as a customer, as this company doesn't seem to understand customer rights to ensure a product does what it's supposed to do.

Hi Jason, Sorry to hear that you were not happy with our service. We have discussed this at length, but I do wish to stress that we certainly did our best to resolve this for you, including testing your mat with weights, underwater and with detergent, followed by chasing the supplier for over a month during the holiday period, when we were not able to find evidence of a leak ourselves. I am very glad you have now received a replacement and I wish you many great hikes with it!

Horrible and Rude Customer Service, Refund

I purchased this product at the Wildfire physical store in Milton believing I'd have a return path should there be any issues. The measurements for the device were significantly less accurate than stated on the packaging, even being inaccurate for weight beyond the tolerances when weighing myself 3 or 4 times in succession. Surely a set of scales can at least be minimally accurate for weight when costing over $400? The item was returned within days but 3 weeks later I don't have a refund (or the item) and am being told Wildfire couldn't "prove" that the item was inaccurate in my usage after sending it back to the manufacturer, so I can't have a refund. Their customer service representatives have been rude throughout, and simply state I can pick up the item when it is returned from the manufacturer, whenever that happens. Never again. Horrible service. I'll buy from the cheaper options online next time.

Above and beyond

Altria hiking boots are tricky to find but not for wildfire. They got me exactly what no one else could Thanks.

BUYER BEWARE.... USE PAYPAL ONLY (if product problem, you have a problem, poor support)

Bought two Black Diamond Revolt quality rechargeable headlamps. Well reviewed product.
Shipped promptly. Well packed. All good.

However upon charging NiMh batteries, the onboard indicator showed low charge at full power, hence a fault, according to Black Diamond manual.
Wildfire Sport n Trek, formally Wildfire Sport, requested a return and could not understand the fault in the hi tech headlamps, refused support, demanded me pay return shipping. Unresponsive until PayPal stepped in.

When I notified PayPal and they contacted Wildfire, the shop immediately shipped faulty headlamps back to me, and I had to pay to return them a second time.
PayPal understood the case and the battery indicator fail and enforced a full refund.
Wildfire could have replaced batteries or given me credit to, as I suggested but the manager seemed policy bound.

Easy, competitive and fast delivery

Easy, competitive and fast delivery
Great range of products, competitive prices and deals, fast 2 day delivery in AU. Easy & hassle free ZipPay and Afterpay. That was part on my fantastic experience with their online shop.

Excellent Service

Extremely happy with the incredibly quick delivery and the product. I purchased the Flipbelt zipper waist bag and the quality and fit are amazing. I would happily recommend this product and company.

Perfect size

I use this to put my insulin pump in. Needed a new one and here was the only place I could buy the bigger one

A+

Ordered a Polar M200 running watch online and had it within 48 hours. It was easy to track my order, and the product came as described. Very pleased with the watch. Strongly recommend

Prompt customer service and very friendly staff.

I would like to say a very big thank you for shipping my Garmin forerunner charger, so quickly

Fast delivery and best available price

So happy with the quality of service and the product range and price. The delivery was fast and the tracking of my purchase was accurate and on time.

Perfect store

Exceptional service and knowledgeable staff, was not pressured into buying anything which help make me decide for myself. Went home and after payed mu items which was very quick from payment to delivery and receiving goods. I think it was about 1 day turn over.
Thanks guys keep up the good work.

Fast processing and delivery, competitive pricing

I made a purchase online, the order was picked and dispatched same day, parcel arrived 2 days later. Good product on a good deal with good follow up service and fast pick and dispatch.
Will be shopping here again

Fitbit

Found this company online while searching for fitbits for my grandson who lives in Australia. What great service and communication.
Parcel arrived next day. Would have no hesitation in recommending this company.

Just how it should work

Wildfire did an excellent job with the delivery. The order was shipped out without any delays. Their prices were competitive too.

Prompt processing and receipt of items

Was informed of dispatch of item and received a personal note to let me know of international delivery considerations. Item was received with no difficulties.

Will be back!

Great service when I needed to exchange my order. Prompt reply, fast turnaround and hassle free! I will certainly purchase again from this company.

Hi there, Can you tell me if the Craft shorts you have are 5" leg? Many thanks Susan
Hi Susan, thank you for your message. We do have a few different pairs of Craft shorts (which can be viewed on the link below) was there a particular pair which you were enquiring about? http://www.wildfiresports.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=craft+shorts In regards to the 5" leg, which measurement were you referring to? e.g. length, diameter, inside leg length Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 573 247 for further information. Cheers, Wildfire TeamHi Susan, I can confirm the inseam of the Craft Performance Run men's shorts is approximately 11cm - so fairly close to 5". We have both medium and large sizes in stock at the moment - I would recommend checking the size chart on http://www.wildfiresports.com.au/craft-performance-run-shorts-men.html as the sizes run fairly small for Craft. We can also always exchange the item if a different size is needed. If you are able to order before 11am we can make sure your order leaves that day. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks! - Erika & the Wildfire team

Can you please let me know when you have in stock the Garmin forerunner 110 mens watch to be sent to Melbourne. Thanks Susan Musker
Hi Susan, thanks for your message! The Garmin Forerunner 110 men's watch (black with red stripe) is currently in stock, and will be dispatched to you within 24 hours of when you place your order. You can order it from this link: http://www.wildfiresports.com.au/garmin-forerunner-110-hrm-red.html. Our price includes free standard shipping Australia wide. Cheers - Wildfire Team