Original, Premium
See the Best Cat Litter in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Wonder Wheat

• Odour Absoprtion
Kristina
KristinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Didn't clump quick enough

My cats really liked this litter. Small granule sized pieces and controls smell well.
However, the clumping was disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it did clump. The clumping wasn't quick enough. This resulted in the urine sinking to the bottom of the tray and spreading, with a raised clump where my cat urinated.
Cleaning this litter wasn't good because of this.
I shook the clean litter to the side and then had to scrape the dried area off the bottom. No matter how much litter I used, this always happened.
Tracking is average. Small lightweight pieces mean they get flicked out, however I found it easy enough to sweep up or vacuum.

Purchased in February 2020 at Mega Pet Warehouse for $57.00.

Wendy Lines
Wendy LinesSydney, NSW

It’s changed - very disappointed now

Have been using in my robot for years. Now it’s changed completely & I can’t use it anymore. Only thing I found good was it doesn’t track as much (large couscous like balls) but it is not clumping & sticks to the bottom of the robot. I got through in 2 weeks what would have lasted me at least 10 weeks previously. Very wasteful & not suitable for a robot. I am incredibly disappointed as I bought 12 packages & will now have to give it away

Purchased in August 2019.

NikkyS
NikkySCentral Queensland, QLD

The holy grail of stink free litter

Bought a 12kg bag of this Wonderwheat litter.
My cat stinks the house out. Tried crystals, clay, paper, Lucerne. They all stink. BAD!
Got this, filled the box.
All I can say is WOW!
Absolutely no stink at all. None. My anticat friends came over and no trace of stink was detected. I empty box daily. No smell at all and my cat has no issues with using it.
Best product on the market and worth every penny.
It performs exactly as stated on the bag. Couldnt be more happy
Try it, you won't regret it.

Purchased in May 2019 for $45.00.

Amazing Product

This is by far the best cat litter product i have used. I would definitely recommend it to any cat owners!

The best litter ever

Sadly, Wonder Wheat has gone out of production. It is by far the best litter I have ever bought. Nothing comes close. :-(

the hobbit

Good news. It’s available again, under new owners.

JadeGirling
JadeGirlingrichlands

The best cat litter I have ever used!

I have tried almost every litter I can get my hands on. Wonderwheat Extreme is the best. It’s absolutely safe for my cats, so good that at first they ate it! (it’s 100%wheat) It does exactly what it says on the website. It clumps super fast, absorbs even the worst odours and lasts quite a while! I’m not a huge fan of chemical smells but this litter has a clean, cereal smell. I live in a townhouse with 3 cats. Since using this litter, my place doesn’t smell and I love this Extreme formula so much!!! My only gripe is the tracking but my cats are kickers so not going to able to stop that. I do wish the company sells the bags individually to make it more affordable. Also- bad news!! They’ve discontinued the Extreme Formula and I’m devastated!!!

LouLou
LouLouCanberra

Great product

Joyce
JoycePerth, WA

easily the best

I have been using wonder wheat for a number of years, I have 3 indoor cats & would never use anything else. Its easy to clean up & eliminates smells. For the last year I have purchased wonder wheat directly from the supplier Helen Tugwell. This delivery service is probably the best I have ever used. Never any fuss, no issues with delivery times to Perth, always turns up with 1 week. What more can you ask for, a great product & great service. Thank you Helen.

Best Odour Neutralising Cat Litter, Hands Down

Amanda
AmandaHamilton, Qld

Eats even the WORST can poop odour!

Having had multiple cats within the family, we all agree that my cat has by far the worst smelling poop. Moving her to my apartment she would scratch at the balcony door to get out, right on cue I could smell it from the other end of the apartment.

After a quick review of cat forums everyone was suggesting WonderWheat as the best to eat odours. The downside is it makes a bit of a mess (they provide instructions to set containers up to avoid this), but for the clumping, being able to flush it down the toilet and it's astounding odour eating properties I will never use anything else.

Aimee
AimeeSydney, NSW

The best so far

This litter is much better than Catlux in terms of clumping. It makes my life easier than before. Just that I cannot follow their instruction as the urine clump can be anywhere, not just at one end of the litter box. I ordered from their website and the delivery was very quick. Now I just need to wait and see how long 16kg litter will last to calculate the monthly cost.

A great product.

I am caring for a friends cat and have come to appreciate Wonder Wheat and what a great product it is. The litter they are using is so hard to get the clumps out of, it smells and I have to waste so much to keep the kitty litter clean. With Wonder Wheat it is very easy to remove clumps I can use all of the contents no need to throw away as it stays clean no smell. A great product and any interest I had in maybe trying any other product is gone after this experience.

Joe
JoeGold Coast

Love it!!!

I changed to WonderWheat Extreme from a pellet type litter at the start of the year and won't change back. It lasts well so is very cost effective. I have two cats and after 3 months am only just needing to buy more now. It controls smell extremely well and is easy to clean each day. I do use more than the recommended 5cm depth and find that it then doesn't stick to the bottom and makes cleaning much easier. The only downfall of it is that it does track a little bit but it's a small con compared to all the pros of this product.

Frankie
FrankieMelbourne, Victoria

Wow!

Sally
SallyVictoria

Simply a brilliant product.

I have been using the new Wonder Wheat Extreme cat litter now for a few months and it is my first box. I can not speak highly enough about the product, it is simply brilliant. I cannot get over that it doesn't have any urine odour at all, and is so easy to use, my small cat Nikita absolutely loves it. The initial outlay was a lot, but considering it lasts so long it is the cheapest cat litter I have ever used. So it's a thumbs up from me.

Percivala
Percivalaasked
Cat Litter Original

I have a cat who likes to spend about 4 minutes "covering" her visit to the litter and even though I have a deep tray, the litter goes everywhere. does this wonder Wheat help stop this excessive mess???

rogerramjet

Hi there, well WonderWheat is a light granular litter and can be easily flicked, that's its only shortcoming, it truly makes up for it in every other area, itcompletely gets rid of the urine smell, flushes down the toilet with ease, is the cheapest per week litter I have ever used, but most important of all its "SAFE" the only safe clumping litter, if your cat likes to dig to China

Lynette
Lynette

Unfortunately most litters can easily be flicked. The only way I could rectify this problem with one of my cats who also "likes to dig to China" was to change over to a hooded cat pan with a small litter tracking mat in front. My cat adapted straight away and while she still digs and smacks the side of the pan for a good 5 minutes very little ends up outside the pan. Only the few granules that she carries out on her paws. I use in conjunction with Wonderwheat and it does an excellent job of managing odour - even in a hooded cat pan. I also find it easy to maintain i.e. clean and flush and it has been more economical for me over the long run.

Miggs26
Miggs26asked
Cat Litter Original

Wonder Wheat cat litter. The only source for Qld/Brisbane says eBay - and then you have to add $30+ postage making a pack over $70
Any suggestions or knowledge of alternative suppliers please?

rogerramjet

Hi there, yes I know what you mean I also buy it on eBay there's really no other alternative, I live in NSW and the postage is high too,
But all things considered its the best and cheapest cat litter in Australia
Even cheaper than the [censored word removed] litters you find from the supermarket
I have two Russian Blue cats and they are full time indoors the eBay 16kg box lasts them over 2 months so if you work that out that's less than $10 (including the postage) a week for 2 adult cats for a product that works like no other and I've tried them all
Before Wonder Wheat I was using the Breeders Choice I was buying 2x 30L bags a week, at the cheapest price was costing me $36 a week
So Wonder Wheat's saying " Out Performs and Out Lasts all other litters for Less " is completely true
One very happy customer here and the service is equally great !!!
Hope this helps.