Workzone (Aldi) Bench-Top Router Table

Joe

Joeasked

What type of router tta-7802suits this particular model

Lefty0655asked

I live in the United Kingdom and I am thinking of buying one of these tables and noticed the switch is on the front of the table. My Makita Router has a dead man's switch. My question is how does the table defeat the switch and allow you to start and stop the router from the switch the table?

Roger

Fit router to table no bit fitted! switch on, won't start until green button on table switch is pressed in. Power runs from mains to TABLE SWITCH from there to your router. So yes table switch does control the router. Recommend play around with it first, with no bit in it, get familiar with it.
With switch cover down & router running for emergency stop you just hit the flap, switches off straight away. The screws that hold router to table are poor quality, don't last long., suggest be ready to get replacements.
Fence is inaccurate, I used piece of MDF lined it up with a square on table, checking from both sides. Was far better than plastic fence supplied.
I was puzzled by the switch question, so your not alone on this. Took me a while to get my head round it. When I did it was fine.
Good luck with it.

Hi Roger,
Thanks for your reply, I will give it a try. I find that most fences are too flimsy like the one on my table saw, so had to make my own. There are plenty of options on youtube.
Regards,
Lefty

david bayman

david baymanasked

how can i get assembly instructions for work zone router table?

Roger

Hello David, I am from England. Have owned 2 of these tables & have the manual for the one in picture above. Bit of a nightmare to assemble without the manual. You will need it.

Aldi have excellent After Sales Support Tel. No. In England, is,
00800 925 837 88. Dialed in England. Hopefully Australia will have an After Sales Support No. In Australia.

Aldi After Sales Support here is excellent, they even sent me replacement clamps & fasteners free of charge. Hopefully you will be treated same in Australia.
Suggest Tel. or go to your Aldi store ask for After Sales Support Tel. No.
They should send you a manual.

If nothing works for you contact me & I will send you my Manual Free of Charge,
My Email address is rs271945@yahoo.co.uk.

Hopefully Aldi After Sales Support Australia will help you, if not I am your plan B.

Word to the wise, I found nuts bolts poor quality some failed. You can buy better quality replacements locally if needed.

I found fence was inaccurate, not square. Easy answer use piece of wood as fence that is square, (Full length of table) Held in place with 2 F clamps (blocks of wood under table so that jaws of F Clamos can hold evenly) can be accurately squared up with Tri Square. Worked for me could do for you.

Hope this helps,

Woman about the house

Woman about the houseasked

The handles of the Aldi router touch the inside top of the table before the bit is completely through. What to do?

Woman about the house

Woman about the houseasked

Can you adjust the handles? Mine hit the top of the table and bit not properly through?

Roger

Use longer length router bits that stick out of the table much higher, Highest height I got above table was about 30 m/m (roughly 1. 3/16") Make sure you get right size shank for your chuck. Lots of information if you Google using table top router. Turn table upside down to push router down to table surface, then lock router in place.

These are difficult to adjust respectfully suggest do not adjust router handles unless your manual says you can.

Hope I'm not telling you things that you already know.

Good luck.

England.

Thanks Roger. Will look into buying longer shafted bits. Sue

Colin H

Colin Hasked

Where can I get assembly instructions for my router table? None came with my table.

Stripey Dog

Stripey Dogasked

Complete newbie to routing; the springs that resist the plunge mechanism are so strong that adjusting the routing depth in the table is difficult. Is there a simple way to overcome this that doesn't invalidate the warranty?

Anthony

Anthonyasked

Where does the protractor fit on the router table?

Greg
Greg

Have a look at the user manual. It appears to be an ozito product

Bobski51

Bobski51asked

My router base is 160mm dia, on the box it says suitable for routers with 155mm dia base. Is there enough slack or can it be easily modified to take a 16mm base?

robbo59

I don't think that should be a problem. There is enough slack.

WillB

Hi, nearly fits my 1/2 Makita. Had to sit it on the edge of the housing. Will have a go with my die grinder to see if I can open the space.

Alexiiasked

Can one fit a dust bag, such as the one on the Aldi Mitre saw, to the router table? I thought the mitre saw dustbin would fit on the router table but, no, it wouldn't. If one can fit a dust bag to the router table where can it be bought? I find it a problem with Aldi that it seems to be impossible to communicate with them and useless to ask their shop staff about any of these things as they have no idea.

robbo59

I think a direct connection to a vacuum is a better idea. You could try a bag of some sort but I don't think it would really do the job. I have a bag on a drop saw and they really don't work that well. When I hook up the shop vac, it does a much better job.

Alexii

Thanks for that, robbo59. I have an old electrolux vacuum cleaner in the barn so I'll try to organise a connection to fit its hose to the router dust outlet. Any suggestions for that? I don't want to have to buy a work shop vac.

rocket

rocketasked

Can I use ozito router with this table?

robbo59

Don't know. I think Aldi have the table and their router on sale again this week. Measure your Ozito and go in and measure the Aldi router, if similar should fit. You could also get some angle and bolt on for longer legs if need be.

Silver

Silverasked

I find that the dust extraction attachment stops the router bit from getting to the correct height if you don't put the router bit into the collet it becomes unsafe. Am I doing something wrong ? Should I take the dust extraction attachment off. Thanx Don

robbo59

Hi Don, On mine, the dust extraction was built into the fence. The vacuum hose attached to the back of the fence and sucked through a gap in the middle of the fence. It shouldn't get in the way, unless the set up has changed. I no longer have the fence because I didn't like it. I made my own.

Woodie

Woodieasked

Can l fit a Bosch pof 52a router to a aldi router table.?m

robbo59

Diameter no problem, height is. I think max height is around 30 cm, but don't hold me to it. Best to take your router along if you can.

john

johnasked

can I use a erbauer router on the workzone bench top router table?

robbo59

If you plan on using the table as is, you need to measure the height of your router unplunged. Then measure either the workzone router, or get measurements of the router table box to see if it fits. It is only the height that will be an issue. The router will attatch to the table no problem.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives