Verifiedworldcare.com.au

3.5

Insurance
Insurance

Never received policy documents

My experience with this travel insurance provider has been disappointing. Despite a smooth purchase process, I never received my policy documents, and the reason remains a mystery. The policy documents did not arrive in the inbox or spam folder on neither of the 3 emails I've provided. Despite polite customer support, they had no solution or backup plan. This lack of preparedness and the ongoing uncertainty regarding the missing documents leaves me with no choice but to give them a one-star rating. Show details
John DallAva
John DallAva3 posts
  Essentials Plan

Just some insurance in case of accident

I am happy with the insurance I got although I had to cut my trip down, I would use Worldcare Travel Insurance again for my next overseas trip as it was the most economical and comprehensive insurance. I cannot rate the insurance as I did not require to make a claim however, I would welcome another survey if I did have to make a claim. Show details
Reg
RegSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

A first timer

Our first time with Worldcare them again. Very easy to organise online and a fair premium. We had no claims so we are not able to comment on claims experience Show details ·  1
Kevin P.
Kevin P.Darwin, NT2 posts

Costs vs Age

Most people don't get the chance to travel overseas until they have retired. By that time they will most probably fall into the age group that attracts an age based levy on their insurance premium. For example a couple aged 32 and 40 travelling to Vanuatu for 1 week in December 2019 will be quoted $93.66 for Comprehensive Duo cover. However a couple aged 71, 79 will be quoted $244.91 for the same cover. As we are a couple aged 71, 79 the "value for money" component no longer exists with us.

We have used Worldcare Travel Insurance probably more than 20 occasions for overseas travel and maybe 5 to 10 times for travel in Australia. We have not had any need to lodge a claim. Show details

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Kevin, thanks for taking the time to post a review and for sharing your feedback. Kind regards, Tegan

Madonna Fraser
Madonna FraserSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Wouldn’t travel without it

My policy was a great price even when I made a mistake with the dates I was able to correct it with no trouble. This is the second time I have purchased Worldcare travel insurance and I have had a great experience both times Show details ·  1
Nadia I.
Nadia I.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Verified Essentials Plan

I wouldn't trust my health on this company again

The phones provided are not working. By email is not effective, they don't answer fast and seem they don't care really about the problem. There is no other way to communicate, as messenger or WhatsApp. NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!!! Show details

Hello Nadia, I'll be in touch. Regards, Anthony

Massi
Massi

Rubbish

I did a mistake with the dates of my policy and you couldn’t help me.

A waste of money, I wouldn’t recommend.

Next time I will used a different insurance

Regards massi

Show details

Waylezo
Waylezo3 posts
Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll message you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

No questions yet. Read all questions about Worldcare Travel Insurance.

Compare all Worldcare Travel Insurance listings
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 75 years old101 years old75 years old101 years old
Conditions

*where used, the term ‘Unlimited’ only means there is no capped dollar sum insured. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply - refer to the Policy Benefits and General Exclusions sections of the PDS for details.

Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Unlimited*Unlimited*Unlimited*Not Included
Accidental DeathNot Included$25,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks
Resumption of Journey $25,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)$50,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)$50,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimited*Unlimited*Unlimited*Not Included
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$25,000$25,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$250$250$250
Delayed Luggage $250 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card FraudNot Included$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $5,000$10,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,500,000$2,500,000$2,500,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $3,000$6,000$6,000$6,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included