Verifiedworldcare.com.au

1.3

Jess
JessPenrith33 posts
  Verified Multi-Trip Plan

Wish I went with someone else

I took out travel insurance for my 2.5 month trip as the trip has cost over 100k
One of my flights booked through a travel platform that i paid nearly 5k to for my flights went under. I lodged a claim through Worldcare and was declined.
I went with them because of all their good reviews and how happy people were.
Spending over 100k I needed an insurance company that was good.
Clearly i was very wrong to go with Worldcare Travel Insurance. It's not really worldcare when they aren't covering everything
Go with someone else Show details
Jake
JakeGippsland, VIC

Worst insurer ever

More exclusions than inclusion and if you have a genuine question you will need to wait 2.5 hrs on the phone like i did today, only to be told they cant help and to check their website, becuase the staff memeber i spoke to had no idea. Show details
N Drysdale
N DrysdaleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

NOT HAPPY TWO POLICIES ONE TRIP

we purchased a policy without a cruise package.When a holiday with a cruise became available we could not amend or cancel our policy.We were told we could only take out an additional policy for the trip.Costly and not happy Show details
Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi there, thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear about this. If there is anything I can do to assist at this stage, please don't hesitate to send me a private message with your details and I will look into it for you. Regards, Tegan

VicD
VicDSydney, NSW3 posts

A Good Deal

I travelled to Europe and the USA in April 2018 and now in August 2019 wanted to do another round the world trip. My insurer of last year wanted to increase my premium five fold. As I had made no claim previously nor had anything other than my age increased by a year I declined to proceed. World care were the best balanced alternative in value for what I needed. Show details ·  1
Denstrip
Denstrip3 posts

Claim Free

We have used World Care on many occasions for annual insurance as well as individual trips. They do not seem to be competitive any more so have not used them for future travel.

Show details

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hello, thanks for your feedback - I'll pass it on to our team. Regards, Anthony.

John del
John del
  Multi-Trip Plan

Great and inexpensive travel insurance

Used it once for my family travel to the Philippines found it to be unexpensive and decided to use it again in may did not have to make a claim yet

Pam
Pam

feedback

found the policy to be good value, it was easy to set up via web page and I did not need to contact customer service, nor make a claim. When travelling overseas again I will be sure to choose Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hazel
Hazel

Value

Good value and very easy to set up, particularly if you get the multi-trip option. I have been using Worldcare for travel insurance for a couple of years with no concerns.

Judith Long
Judith Long

Travel peace of mind

The insurance is great value for a person who travels regularly. In particular you avoid those nasty extra rental car insurance costs. We have had annual insurance for three years and that means we don't have to worry for each individual trip.

Maggie
Maggie

Expectations delivered in spades

I take out annual policy as I enjoy spontaneous travelling. Easy to take out and even easier if a claim must be made. Helpful staff to guide me through the claims process

Yetta
Yetta

Happy with Worldcare

This is our first year with Worldcare.. We were extremely happy with their competitive pricing and when we submitted a small claim, we received immediate settlement. Can't be much happier than that!

V and R
V and RSunshine Coast3 posts

Satisfaction Guaranteed!!

We purchased an annual Frequent Traveller Insurance Policy to back up our Credit card Insurance which had a $200 excess. We are so glad we did. We have nothing but praise for the company, the representatives, their manner of dealing with us personally and the process of making a claim. We had to cancel our trip overseas, due to unfortunate circumstances, but in doing so we have realised what a great company we had chosen for travel insurance! We received 100% of the total not reimbursed by the airline and travel companies with minimal angst.

Show details ·  2

Gregory H
Gregory H

Amazingly simple

We never travel without insurance, but we had never had a claim before. Yes, there was a huge increase once we passed a certain age, but as we travel regularly, the annual policy is what we wanted. Both my husband and I managed to get stubborn chest infections which required several visits to doctors for antibiotics in various cities in Europe. There were 3 visits. On our return I rang Worldcare and they walked me through the claim, which we did on line. It was quick and simple and we had our costs reimbursed within 48 hours.

Show details

Jude P
Jude PPerth, WA2 posts
Sarah
SarahBrisbane2 posts

dolly
dolly · Travel Insurance - Multi-Trip Plan

If a couple are travelling on a multi trip plan.
What are the requirements for the accompanying spouse. What time is required to be spent together?
Same country, same city, same departure and return date?
But able to do other activities independently, eg shopping?

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Dolly, our PDS defines accompanying as "travelling with the insured person for 100% of the journey". I would suggest calling our contact centre for more detail on 1800 008 614. Kind regards, Tegan

Compare all Worldcare Travel Insurance listings
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 75 years old101 years old75 years old101 years old
Conditions

*where used, the term ‘Unlimited’ only means there is no capped dollar sum insured. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply - refer to the Policy Benefits and General Exclusions sections of the PDS for details.

Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Unlimited*Unlimited*Unlimited*Not Included
Accidental Death$25,000$25,000Not Included$25,000
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks
Resumption of Journey $50,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)$50,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)$25,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)$3,000 (as part of Additional Expenses)
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimited*Unlimited*Unlimited*Not Included
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000$25,000Not IncludedNot Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250Not Included$250
Delayed Luggage $500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$250 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card Fraud$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not IncludedNot Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders and cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000$10,000$5,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,500,000$2,500,000$2,500,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $6,000$6,000$3,000$6,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250ccIncluded up to 250cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included