Wotnot 30 SPF Natural Baby

Wotnot 30 SPF Natural Baby

Pros

• Made with organic ingredients

• Gentle on eczema-prone skin

Cons

• Oily feel on skin

• Causes Irritation Yes (2) · No (3)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

What kind of sunscreen is NOT waterproof?

- Advertises as reef friendly but in tiny print on the back says "apply a waterproof sunscreen whilst swimming"
- sticky, greasy, uncomfortable to wear.
I applied this suncreen to go to the beach. I'm currently severely burned. My question to wotnot is what if it rains? terrible product. Save your $25

Purchased for $25.00.

Ease of Application

Not sunscreen. Confusing marketing.

Lured by the description on the FRONT of the tube and bought it for my sensitive skin. Found it to be difficult to apply as it is OILY, STICKY AND GREASY and only put it on my arms. Then I fully read the BACK of the tube. Contains SESAME OIL. NOT keen to apply it to my face and did not want it getting near my clothes or hair. Reef friendly however this is not waterproof. More like a cracked heel moisturiser and not sunscreen.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Pork
PorkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good for my Eczema

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse.

Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Find out how Wotnot 30 SPF Natural Baby compares to other Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Excellent for eczema

I have moderate-severe eczema. It is pretty thick and a little greasy which really helps to retain the moisture in my skin. It smells good as well. Strongly recommend for anyone with eczema.

Purchased in January 2018.

Sian72
Sian72Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware contains sesame oil !

Contains sesame oil and not clearly labelled with an allergen alert.
If you rub this into a baby skin they can develop an allergy to sesame or if they are allergic they may have a life threatening reaction ! Make sure your child is not allergic to sesame first.

Purchased in March 2019.

Sarah
SarahSydney, NSW

Great sunscreen for people with sensitive skin!

We purchased this sunscreen to use on my toddler at daycare as the chemical one they were using there was not doing his eczema any favours! Since using the Wotnot sunscreen, his eczema has almost cleared up entirely and really calmed the redness on his face. I noticed results after about 2 weeks of everyday use. I have started using it on my older children too as sometimes their skin can feel irritated by chemical sunscreens. I would definitely recommend!

Purchased in November 2018 for $28.99.

Causes IrritationNo

perfect protection!

It is thick, but it is very protective. It is organic and I can tell it nourishes my skin even when wiping it off. Usually I have allergic reactions to sunscreen but this one was great!

Purchased in January 2019.

Saved me!

This sunscreen saved me from the sun. Im a ginger so I need sunscreen otherwise I burn in less than 20 mins. I typically used SPF 50 but the 30 still worked well and was much cheaper! Check it out: https://wotnot.com.au/collections/suncare/products/30-spf-sunscreen

Worked well

I used this over the weekend and didn’t get burnt. Was better than another brand I used last weekend. Highly recommended

Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Gone from great to unusable.

First bought this brand at the beginning of spring this year, was amazing couldn't fault it, it was economic and lasted for months on my small family of 4 and would last 4 to 5 hours through midday exposure with 1 application. After purchasing a batch before holidays in December, just got back from holidays and with less sun exposure, burnt to a crisp. After really trusting this brand, we are bitterly disappointed. Seems they have changed the formula.

very dissapointed with the product

I used this product for the first time and applied sunscreen 20 mins before sun exposure between 11 and 1pm and I got badly burnt . Im sorry I wouldnt recommend this product as i thought a chemicall free sunscreen would be better for my health but it didnt do the job at all.

Zacharie LeBlanc
Zacharie LeBlancBrisbane

This product should not be sold as a sunscreen

I'm frankly quite upset that this product is allowed to be sold as a sunscreen and I feel very deceived. I purchased this sunscreen because it seemed like a more environmentally conscious choice, that being said, I made allowances for the uncomfortable gummy/oily texture because it is an all natural product. But the product just didn't work at all, I applied it 3 times over a 4 hour period and ended up with a terrible sunburn. I feel it's really irresponsible of the company to sell this product and people that use this vs a sunscreen that actually works are exposing themselves to a major health risk. If you're lucky enough to read this review before purchasing this DON"T BUY IT.

very disappointed

I thought paying nearly 4 times the amount of money for a product would mean you get something good if not great.
well the suncream i bought was probably soo old it had gone gluggy and thick, the bottem on the tube split.

Lewis P
Lewis PEpping, New South Wales

Very greasy and a lot of ghosting

Was quite happy to find a sunscreen that had natural ingredients with no junk added that was cheaper than the highly overpriced Invisible Zinc - however, on using it was quite disappointed as it is incredibly greasy, leaves white 'ghosting' marks on the skin, and worst of all, separates in the tube (don't know if they used any kind of emulsifier..?). Really disappointing, because the ingredient list is top notch but it just feels terrible on the skin.

SarahM
SarahMGold Coast

This is the best NATURAL sunscreen I have tried for my babies

Features

• This sunscreen is made using micronised zinc oxide as the active ingredient, rather than a chemical base.
  • Australian Certified Organic ingredients are GMO free, and free of sulphates, petrochemicals, parabens, artificial preservatives and fragrances.
  • Wotnot states that this sunscreen formulation is also friendly for sensitive skin, including for people with eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
  • Contains aloe vera to help soothe sensitive skin.
  • Wotnot values environmental friendliness, as this sunscreen is made with recyclable packaging, and is also toxin-free and reef friendly.

Directions for use

Apply liberally and often, with the first application 20-30 minutes before leaving the house so the sunscreen can absorb into each layer of the skin.

Here’s what reviewers thought:

Reviews had mixed opinions about this sunscreen. Some stated that it was gentle on their sensitive skin, particularly for adults who had eczema-prone skin. Those who gave positive reviews reported that it prevented sunburn, and also felt nourishing to skin.

On the downside, this sunscreen is thick in consistency, as well as oily. This was partly due to the inclusion of sesame oil in the ingredients, which some reviewers were unhappy about.

Other dissatisfied reviewers reported that they (or their babies) became burned even after using the sunscreen, and were also not pleased that this sunscreen isn’t waterproof.

CategorySunscreen & Sun Protection Products