Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (1st gen)

Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (1st gen)

MPNs: KHXM1CROBOT and KHXMMIROBOT

Robot Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of robot vacuum cleaner would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (15) · No (14)
  • System Errors Occasionally (17) · Never (8) · Often (2) · Every time (1)
  • Ease of Programming / Scheduling
  • Battery Life

Great vacuum cleaner

Great vacuum cleaner won't miss a spot I am using hotspot from my phone to my tablet works fine you just need to make sure that your hotspot is sercured then it will connect and all so I am using a apk app of Xiaomi Home

Purchased in June 2020 at Kogan.com for A$349.00.

Emma

Emma

I love this product. Very handy! A little bit pricey.

This vacuum is on wheels, and in just one click of a button it vacuums all over my house. It is a bit expensive but it does it’s job very well. It makes my life easier and we use this vacuum every week. Our house can get dusty sometimes, but it cleans it all up. It’s also small which means it fits under our couch and in small spaces.

Shelly

ShellyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love it!

Hardwood and lino flooring, the vacuum works very well on both surfaces. Reasonably quiet while vacuuming. Easy to use and you can also track it from your phone which is convenient.

Floor Type Linoleum and Wood
Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (1st gen) compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Terry M

Terry MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best domestic appliance I've bought in years

I bought the robot over 2 years a go and the money was well worth it. I only use the manual vacuum about once every 6 months, that's how good this robot does its job. It even vacuums under the beds and entertainment unit. I let the robot clean twice a week. On wednesday, i let it vacuum without moving anything and on Sunday, I put the dining chairs on the table and move other things out the way. Also I give it a quick maintenance weekly, clean the brush and vacuum the filter and once a month give it a thorough one. The robot has worked perfectly since day one and I have never bothered using the app.

Purchased in July 2017 at eBay for A$387.00.

Shaun22

Shaun22Sydney, NSW

Pricey but worth it

We have been using Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum since December 2018. Set up was easy and app could be better. Vacuum does a brilliant job picking up dust and pet hair from tiles and timber floor. We use ours on highest power twice a week.

The vacuum does struggle to go from the tile floor to timber floor as there is an elevated timber divider. Other issues include the dining table legs which are on an angle and power cords lying on floor which can cause the vacuum to pause cleaning. I still use a dyson handheld for certain areas around the house.

Apart from the above issues the xiaomi vacuum keeps floors squeaky clean. Would highly recommend it to anyone considering purchasing one.

Purchased in December 2018 at Gearbite for A$348.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Tiles and Wood
BUGBUYER

BUGBUYERHunter Region, NSW

We cannot live without the ROBOROCK robot vacuum cleaner

Purchased in January 2018 at on EBAY from a victorian on line shop. for A$499.00.

Carl H.

Carl H.Sydney, NSW

Worth the investment. Enjoy your free time!

Purchased in August 2019 at eBay for A$360.00.

System Errors Never

Best Buy for the week- absolutely worth the investment!!!!

Bought the Mi robot vacuum a fortnight ago and just loved getting the house cleaned daily, now it looks clean and feels clean and I can relax while it is roaming around the house , under couches, beds and under tables . Best Buy for under $389 and most time saving appliance.

Purchased in February 2020 at Dick Smith for A$389.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Ladyandthetiger

LadyandthetigerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware data mining scam

Suddenly after owning my xioami vacuum for nearly two years Xioami has introduced a new very dodgy scam where you are locked out of the app and 90% of the functions unless you “sign up” with your email, phone or Facebook profile. Data mining at its worst. This kind of thing might fly in a dictatorship like China but I’m not interested in letting my vacuum access my personal info. Used to be a great product but now I suggest avoiding this company if they think it’s ok to blackmail customers by blocking access to their items and forcing them to submit to data mining in order to restore function.

Purchased in April 2018 for A$250.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Aff

AffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I wish i'd bought one sooner!

A great entry level robovac, we only have a small house and it's great for the floorboards. We don't have carpet and don't use on our rugs so I can't comment on that but I'm really happy with it doing a quick whip around our house after the kids eat dinner.

HRV

HRVMid North Coast, NSW

Essential item!

This vacuum is incredible. It really makes life so much easier. I can program it from the app. I can start the robo vacuum remotely, I get a notification if it gets stuck and it is compatible with Alexa.

Purchased in June 2019 at eBay for A$350.00.

Ray

Raymelbourne

No Worry robot

Good to have it as day to day clean. It can be programmed and start itself and charge itself automatically every day. It sends me a report when it complete. Due to the design, it couldn't clean some spot and edge of the wall. So it still requires a full manual vacuum once a week/2 weeks.

Purchased in June 2019.

Ryan S.

Ryan S.

Real time saver!

Love this vacuum! Originally bought this just to clean up pet hair every second day in between regular cleans with my normal vacuum. Actually hardly ever need to use the normal vacuum now except for corners and tops of skirting boards! Also love that replacement parts are available super cheap on the internet, which means I can keep it in top shape, and the app is great to kick off and monitor cleaning while I'm not home.

Purchased at eBay for A$332.00.

Steveo

SteveoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One of the best purchases of my life

Incredible product. Turn it on before I leave the house and come home to a perfectly vacuumed house. It cleans every square inch of the house methodically. Syncs to my iphone. I've got at least 5 people to buy this - and they all share the same view. Can even sync it to Google Home

Purchased in December 2018 at eBay for A$343.00.

Rose

Rose

Love it

It works perfectly for me. I don't need to drag my old Dyson around the house anymore for so long. I only had to use small handy one for around edges or quick fix. I love it and I call it my husband. You would never regrate it. It made my life so much easier.

Purchased in January 2018 at eBay for A$341.95.

Jill H

Jill HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent cleaner

This vacuum is excellent. It is great new technology.
When first used it maps out the floor plan of your house so you can set the app on your phone to clean whilst you are out . It cleans well on hard floors and a low pile carpet room. The dust bin appears small compared to some however is adequate.

Purchased in April 2019 at Kogan.com for A$450.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Staffs

StaffsWestern District, VIC

Excellent machine , like having a live in maid

We have 9 Staffordshire Bull terriers, so all my floors are wooden , I thought my dogs would chase it , but they only watch from a distance.

It’s so clever, it scans the room and then speaks and says cleaning, then off it goes. Then cleverly takes itself back to the dock for charging .

Easy to empty and tells you when the brushes need cleaning.

I was full of skepticisms about how well it would worked but it cleans beautifully.

Purchased in August 2019 at eBay for A$450.00.

mitchger

mitchgerSydney, NSW

The Best

I'm so happy with it! It's so much smarter than others in the way it navigates and it's incredibly efficient. As a result of navigation efficiency it's running for less time and it's less disruptive. It performs very well and it's very easy to use. I can't recommend it enough!

Purchased in December 2018 at eBay for A$379.00.

ebaar

ebaarNorth Queensland, QLD

Crazy and stupid vacuum cleaner

Every time it starts it goes for a bit then reports an error 5 of clean the main brush. We can pull it out, wash it, blow it clean with the air compressor and nothing changes it. It can report the error 5 multiple times in one minute. It is crazy stupid compared to our old samsung robot vacuum cleaner. Wish I'd never bought it.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$350.00.

System Errors Every time
Wils

WilsPerth, WA

Love this. Changed our lives.

If you spend the time setting this unit up properly, it's fantastic. We don't have to vacuum between cleaner visits at all anymore. The only problem we have is it getting stuck (we have an apartment with lots of small spaces and things to get over). We put the magnetic tape on furniture we want it to avoid and it seems to work. The only advice I can give is make sure curtain cords or phone chargers are not on the floor, this thing will try and suck them up!

Purchased in December 2018 at Kogan.com for A$530.00.

Floor Type Tiles