Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (1st gen)

Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (1st gen)

MPNs: KHXM1CROBOT and KHXMMIROBOT

How to land the best robot vacuum

A reliable robot vacuum can free up time to spend with loved ones and enjoy your favourite hobbies. In this 2020 guide, we help you know what to look for in a robot vacuum cleaner.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

TadineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reduces cleanup time when you have a toddler

I set the vacuum before I go to bed and when I get up of a morning I have clean carpets. So glad i purchased this cleaner as it’s one less job I need to worry about. It can also move under furniture and get to those hard to get to places. I don’t think that my carpets have ever looked so clean. Also great value for money. I did a lot of research before purchasing and you can pay a lot of money but this was both affordable and dies a good job. It can also easily move from floorboards to rugs of different thicknesses with ease.

Purchased in September 2020 at Kogan.com for $380.00.

The Pied Piper
The Pied PiperPerth, WA

Fantastic value for money

Purchased in July 2020 for $400.00.

Thomas
ThomasSydney, NSW

Terrible after sell service from Xiaomi Australia

Purchased in March 2020 at eBay for $589.00.

Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (1st gen) compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Caro
CaroSouth West, WA

Wonderful!

Wasn't sure what I would get for the price. It is great and does a fantastic clean up. Surprised how good it was on carpet. Never gets stuck. I only use it on the press and go option - I didn't want to use wifi. Couldn't think how it could be improved, except it sometimes loses it's recharge station.
UPDATE
Upgrade my opinion to totally awesome. So easy to clean. The replacement brushes are very cheap so make sure you do the little brush every 2 months and the silicone roller every 6 months.

Purchased in January 2021 at eBay for $399.00.

niko87Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

You cannot beat it for value

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

The Best Robot Vacuums in 2020

A good robot vacuum will clean your floors while you’re at work, or taking care of the kids, or relaxing on the couch. However, the influx of new models every year can make it hard to know which one to pick. In this article, we share feedback from reviewers of the Top 5 Best Robot Vacuums in 2020 to help you learn what to prioritise and what to avoid in a robotic vacuum cleaner.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 June 2020
the-best-robot-vacuums-of-2020-so-far
Lchad1970
Lchad1970Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it

The robot vacuum is amazing, runs perfectly. Very quick and does a really thorough job. This machine replaced another more expensive brand and this one does a much better job.

The best purchase ever!!

Brilliant vacuum that saves us so much time. Cleans effectively and thoroughly. Doesn’t fill up too quickly. Accurate room mapping and sensors. Highly recommend for anyone interested in a robot vacuum.

Courts
Courts

Its good, but theres a reason its not the most expensive on the market.

I was given it and im so thankful... its such a help, and so much fun to watch. However it does tend to get lost sometimes... and im not sure if you can save the map it creates... which means if u dont turn it on quite right it wipes the map so you cant zone clean unless u get it to remap your whole house again... this can be frustrating... also not sure that it can mop... if there is a way to fix any of this pls lmk!

Purchased in November 2020 for $400.00.

Best investment ever!!

Mi Robot vacuum cleaner is my new favourite home appliance. I use it every single day without fail. Basically set and forget. It does an excellent job on hard floors. Much more thorough than I hoped it could be. Great value for its price, easy to set up and use too.

Karna N.
Karna N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very handy can do the job while we are sitting and relaxing

I use this vacuum on timber floor and tiles and but of carpet it works like magic. Cleans very good the plus point is it has a mop too so it clean and then mop as per our request

Purchased in September 2020 for $850.00.

EJ Taylor
EJ Taylor

Pleasantly surprised!

Bought this because I’ve always wanted to try out a robot vacuum and it was SO much cheaper than the competitors. My plan was to upgrade if I liked it- don’t think I’ll need to- I’ve been really impressed! Have used ‘Igor’ (my son set it up in Russian...) daily on a combination of carpet / tiles and rugs and it does a great job. We have 2 cats and 2 dogs and it’s made an amazing difference - floor looks heaps better with no effort.

Purchased in September 2020 for $390.00.

I love it

It does a pretty good job and it can be working whilst I am not. I still need to use the proper vacuum but it is worth getting even if it is just for entertainment value

Sam Mc
Sam McGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lifechanging!

The Xiaomi Mi is a fantastic vacuum cleaner that does a great job on our tiled floors! We run it every night and the floors look spotless in the morning.

Tara s.
Tara s.Sydney, NSW

Perfect for in between big vacuum jobs

Excellent for a little touch up clean in between weekly vacuuming. So simple to use. Can use the zones to target cleaning e.g after making dinner in the kitchen.
Life changing product!

Jack H.
Jack H.South East Queensland, QLD

Xiaomi Mi Robot Vac

I love this machine, we have a small home with lots of obstacles, with a mix of timber laminate and carpet.
The machine works very well.
The app that controls the unit is number one with a great deal of user friendly info.
I use it daily and it never ceases to impress me.

Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Frequently Asked Questions about Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (1st gen)

Can I use the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum without using the smartphone app?

You do not require a smartphone to use the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum, although you will not have access to scheduling & monitoring features. You can operate the vacuum using the buttons on the vacuum unit to start and stop the vacuum.

Latest Consumer Questions

Lila K.
Lila K.asked

Does anyone know where I can buy this exact model from?

I purchased mine from Kogan

Al M.
Al M.asked

My Xiaomi robot vacuum doesn't want to work correctly if the region is not "Chinese Mainland", why?

Mel
Melasked

We have just bought a Viomi V3 and we have mapped the house. However it won’t go and clean as per the map it keeps remapping and going where it shouldn’t. Frustrating is an understatement! Also keeps going offline and we cannot get it to reconnect even though nothing wrong with the wifi?? Anyone help please?

niko87

Not sure if this the same model as in my review but I dont need to do any ''mapping''' i just click the ''clean'' button and it maps the entire area on its own as it goes along, it never misses a spot. Have you tried upgrading the firmware??
And when you say going where it shouldn't what do you mean by that? My xiaomi does not have an option to restrict its movements this can only be achieved by purchasing a magnetic tape which you can put on the floor to stop it from going to specific areas you don't want it to go (unless yours is different>?)

See all Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (1st gen) questions

Get an answer from our members and Xiaomi representatives

CategoryRobot Vacuum Cleaners
Bin Capacity0.42 L
HEPA FilterNo
Weight3.8 kg
Running Time 150 min
Dimensions 96 x 345 x 345 mm
Replaced byXiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd gen)
ManualDownload manual