Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum

Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum

MPN: KHXMMIROBOT

It works on everything

To be honest I didn't expect much from this robot, my wife wanted it and it seemed like just an expensive toy.
We already have 3 vacuums in the house, some of them are quite powerful and expensive.
However, this small machine really exceeded my expectations - it works on everything: carpets, tiles and wood.
We have a dog, and the robot really helps to clean it up every day, something that family members would rather avoid doing.
It charges itself and builds a map of the house, but we just use one button control to run it.
The only downside is that you need to empty it once in a while, hopefully this could also be automated soon.
I can only recommend this vacuum!

I loooove my Xiaomi Mi!

I absolutely love this machine - has to be one of the best things I have bought in a long time.
It is easy to use - I have carpet, lino, tiles & floorboards and it handles all of them seamlessly. It can navigate around items, over small lips on the floor from tiles to lino areas, you can spot clean small areas if needed, and it washes the floor as well!
If you are looking for a robotic vacuum cleaner - do yourself a favour and buy this one! It's fantastic!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Best domestic appliance ever purchased

We have a large house with lots of floor space to be cleaned. To make it even more frustrating when it comes to vaccuuming, we have three dpgs, different sizes with different coats. So vaccuuming is pretty much needed daily.
This robot vacuum is a life (and time) saver. It has a large battery that even when set up to clean in full turbo mode, it can do almost the whole house in one charge. And if not, its smart technology that makes it almost as smart as a human takes care of it all for us. Love the 'zone clean up' feature.
The only negative is the constant error messages when it cleans the carpet. We have new very plush carpets and it seems to think the cleaning brush is stuck and needs cleaning. All we do now is re-start the clean process and it's on the way again... but is somewhat frustrating.

Genuinely amazing!

I have been sceptical of robot vacuums for a long time, and after reading the reviews of the Xiaomi Mi Robot I took the plunge and bought it. I got the version with NIDEC brushless motor. This thing is absolutely amazing. It uses a LIDAR system and maps out your rooms and then methodically cleans them. And it cleans them very well! Our house is mostly timber flooring and tiles and it just eats dust up. I was also very impressed when it managed to navigate through a maze of dining chairs without getting stuck and giving up. We have a high pile rug in one bedroom and unfortunately it can’t handle the height and gets stuck. I believe the new S50 model is better with this, but hey, we’ll just use our normal vacuum for this rug every now and then.

The app is brilliant - you can see where the robot is in your house, get it to spot clean areas (drag and drop the cleaning rectangle onto the map), adjust vacuum speeds, etc. The robot has its own wifi connection which links to your Xiaomi account. This means you can check on your robot wherever you are, so long as you have a data connection on your phone. If I’m at work and nobody is at home, I can start a clean for the fun of it. You can also schedule cleans so that it occurs same time every week (or day, or however often you want to repeat the clean).

With all this functionality I wish you could create a digital virtual wall, but there doesn’t appear to be that functionality. If you want it to stay out of a room you’ll either have to close the door, put a physical object there, or use a magnetic strip to symbolise a wall.

Overall though, this is a seriously impressive piece of kit for the price! We love it.

an investment in time

purchase of the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum was an investment (ie "yields utility over time" (Wikipedia). the vacuum does well on wooden floor and scattered carpets; it uses sensor to avoid the stairwell; can go under furniture if height allows; cleans well; app provides useful information on cleaning history, maintenance, care, settings, and other; cannot do stairs so a quick sweep up beforehand of those areas advantageous - after all, who wants to lug a vacuum up and down stairs?

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Perfect budget robot vacuum

Easy to use even without connected to the wifi.
Save me lots of time. Very cheap compare to other brands.
I don’t use my Dyson that often anymore. highly recommend.
Very Gooooooooood

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Brilliant robot vacuum. Carries spyware

The robot works amazingly well, and based on my first purchase, I now have two. The problem is that the app asks for permissions that are totally unnecessary for the task. I balked a bit when it asked for my contacts list (I figured my wifi password was legit, but worried about my location data), but just today it asked for access to all my files and photographs. I mean, seriously? What does a robotic vacuum cleaner need with every single piece of data in my phone? ... oh. Right :/
I figured I could ignore it, but now I try to use the app, and it tells me that my devices have been removed.
I don't want to be paranoid, but this robot definitely seems to be quite a patriot of its country of manufacture.
DO NOT BUY!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Smart Vacuum machine. Worth Money

Bought Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum in China this week and brought it to Australia. only CNY 1499, about AUD 300. Easily use App to set up, and it cleaned perfectly. It definitely worth money. Couldn't find better and smarter robot vaccum machine under AUD $500. Only issue is it has to hand carry to flight cabin and cannot check in because of battery, gross weight around 6kg.

Best thing ever

Amazing product. I have not touched my regular vacuum cleaner since I started using this robot. Product quality is fantastic and definitely very good value for money. Cleans perfectly. Only issue is its ability to vacuum rugs with black patterns (gets confused and considers rug as a cliff). However this was a very minor inconvenience for me.

I cannot imagine my life without this anymore. Thanks robot for making my life so easy!.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Solid house (wife)

Was a bit reluctant to buy another robot vacc. My last one always got stuck under a cupboard and 'ate' ny floormats. So continued manual cleaning until that stopped working and spare parts mio longer available for that model.
Rather than buying a corded vacc ( they are fast becoming extinct) and wary of battery life on a cordless unit, I turned to this brand. A friend has one and seemed very happy with his.
It has been great! App on phone works fine and is helpful if you want to pause or sriop the cleaning. The quiet mode is very tolerable. No getting struck. Great on my timber floors-and mats, which so far have remained intact. As I have pets I only run when I'm at home, in case they leave any 'nasty' surprises!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Wonderful

This was the firstever robo vacuum i bought. It takes a lot of dust than my other normal vacuum. Its been only a week now but what a useful technology. Saves time in cleaning. makes life a lot easier and streesfree. I dont about other vacuums but certainly this has become a vital member in the family. WHY TO SPEND THE WHOLE LIFE IN CLEANING?. LET THE MACHINE DO THE JOB...

Date PurchasedNov 2018

So convenient!

Not the most user-friendly appliance, but it's absolutely worth spending some time getting it set up and working. The vacuum works really well and gets into almost all the hard-to-reach spots, which makes Spring cleaning a hell of a lot easier. Nothing better than getting home and the vacuuming has already been done! Works pretty well with the Mi Home app too. I definitely recommend it!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Unreal better than the rest

Was skeptical buying a cheaper robot vacuum but after reading a few reviews decided to bite the bullet. Wow is all i can say has made the wife very happy it exceeds expectations, we have a house with carpet, tiles and floor boards as well as fluffy rugs and the xiaomi mi tackles all perfectly even goes up the 40mm lip from tiles to floorboards perfectly. The connection via wifi is also unreal maps out the entire house and using your phone has a lot more features and benefits to get the real use out of it. The real difference is how much cleaner the house is after using a dyson triple the price of this the xiaomi still cleaned and picked more than 3 times the amount dorectly after using the dyson if your thinking about buying one do yourself a favour and buy it. The only negatives i see is the baslet is a little small but adequate if your using it once a day . Time will tell if it lasts the distance id be happy to get a few years out of it .

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Rather this than a washing machine

Takes the best from a number of robots and combines them into one.
Much smarter AI than my previous robot does areas once in a logical order.
Has a big bin that doesn't clog to easily.
App to update language settings.
Scans so doesn't bump into everything.
Springs on wheels could be a little stronger to lift the body a little more. It doesn't clear thick rugs as well as a neato. But is better in every other way.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great companion for the home

I purchased this vacuum cleaner via eBay. Specially I have 2 year old drop food,cereral everywhere. This vacuum cleaners does really good job in cleaning floor including under couch, tables beds etc. the iPhone app also great. I cleaned carpets, tiles really well. Only draw back is it clogged sometimes due to some toys, however once it is clogged it turns sleep mode rather than keep spinning.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

life changing cleaner (according to my wife)

This cleaner is used mainly on hardwood floor with about 100m3 in about 40 mins..i'm assuming tiles would be similar..

it does a solid job but wouldn't say exceptional, but given the price and especially how much time it has saved our family household (2 adults, 1 toddler & 1 labrador) in having to maintain the household it is a blessing.. Wish the dirt tray was a bit bigger or that the tray would not get clogged at the inlet (need to spread the dirt/dust over the entire tray rather than collect at the inlet)

We have bar stools with round aluminium base which it does have trouble with occasionally and get stuck.. but overall low pile rugs shouldn't present an issue..

the laser mapping of this machine is the bees knees and goes around household items well.. seems to navigate chair legs well also.. the app that allows you to see what the machine is doing, activate, maintain the machines brushes is also very good.. love that you can schedule the vacuum to start at certain times during the day and also not clean during certain times also..

Our machine has completed over 525 cleanups, 550 hours of cleaning.. that is 28k m3 of space...

We only do 1 serious vacuum with a more powerful machine to keep things in check.. don't forget to manually pickup items that could get it stuck especially if you have kids leaving their toys n stuff..

wife has already warned that we need to prepare for a replacement..

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Works well

Cleans well including cat hair off carpet. Quietish. Has a pretty good cleaning pattern and cleans a 2 bed apartment with one charge no problem. Only down side is you need wifi to use the app to change language from Chinese it won’t just connect to mobile broadband with a smart phone.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

WONDERFUL

This sweeper is really amazing to me. It is so cute and small, and it can work by itself without human operation. It is really great. For the hair dust can be swept very clean. When it runs it will automatically avoid objects, and this smart design is great. I use it every day because it keeps my home clean.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best Robot Vacuum

I’ve had several other versions of the Robot Vacuum systems and this is by far the best I’ve ever had. Brilliant navigation easy to use and a nice looking machine. This one cleans for a much longer period of time and cleans really well. Always finds the home station without any problems. It’s a bit noisy but I cannot complain just put it to work when I leave the house. Fantastic machine.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Surprised how well this performs

Very shocked how well this cleans our house. We vacuum first then get this mini robo vac to hit spots we may have missed and found in the dust dirt tray loads of dirt and dust so it dose a really good job. Charge time is long but lasts a very good time

Date PurchasedAug 2016