MPN: KHXMMIROBOT

See the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent cleaner

This vacuum is excellent. It is great new technology.
When first used it maps out the floor plan of your house so you can set the app on your phone to clean whilst you are out . It cleans well on hard floors and a low pile carpet room. The dust bin appears small compared to some however is adequate.

Purchased in April 2019 at Kogan.com for $450.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
System Errors Never

Excellent machine , like having a live in maid

We have 9 Staffordshire Bull terriers, so all my floors are wooden , I thought my dogs would chase it , but they only watch from a distance.

It’s so clever, it scans the room and then speaks and says cleaning, then off it goes. Then cleverly takes itself back to the dock for charging .

Easy to empty and tells you when the brushes need cleaning.

I was full of skepticisms about how well it would worked but it cleans beautifully.

Purchased in August 2019 at eBay for $450.00.

The Best

I'm so happy with it! It's so much smarter than others in the way it navigates and it's incredibly efficient. As a result of navigation efficiency it's running for less time and it's less disruptive. It performs very well and it's very easy to use. I can't recommend it enough!

Purchased in December 2018 at eBay for $379.00.

System Errors Never

Crazy and stupid vacuum cleaner

Every time it starts it goes for a bit then reports an error 5 of clean the main brush. We can pull it out, wash it, blow it clean with the air compressor and nothing changes it. It can report the error 5 multiple times in one minute. It is crazy stupid compared to our old samsung robot vacuum cleaner. Wish I'd never bought it.

Purchased in April 2019 for $350.00.

System Errors Every time

Love this. Changed our lives.

If you spend the time setting this unit up properly, it's fantastic. We don't have to vacuum between cleaner visits at all anymore. The only problem we have is it getting stuck (we have an apartment with lots of small spaces and things to get over). We put the magnetic tape on furniture we want it to avoid and it seems to work. The only advice I can give is make sure curtain cords or phone chargers are not on the floor, this thing will try and suck them up!

Purchased in December 2018 at Kogan.com for $530.00.

System Errors Occasionally

Perfect for lazy people like me

Absolutely love this vacuum! Can't fault it
- Superb cleaning device
- Easy setup
- Can control device remotely with Mi app
- Can set clean up zones or clean up entire house
- Allows you to set different vacuum strength
- You can automate device to cleanup at certain intervals
- Very smart. Knows where recharge dock is.
- Easy to clean

Definitely recommend

Purchased in June 2019 at Kogan.com for $399.00.

System Errors Never

Machine is ok at first but start to play up after 6 months and terrible Kogan.com aftersales service

After sales service from Kogan.com is a total disaster. I reported the problem in Jan and until now still could not be resolved. They first diagnosed the problem as a faulty battery and send us a replacement battery which did not work. We had to send the machine back at our cost and waited for two months, but when the machine was returned to us, it was still presenting with the same problem that we first reported in January. The irony is that they are claiming the problem as a faulty battery when it was the same battery that they had sent to us. And Kogan claimed that the machine is already being repaired. Of course we disputed that and asked for a full refund. How ridiculuous it may sound, they are requesting us to send back the machine another time for them to diagnose the problem. again after giving them two opportunities to rectify the problem over 5 months. Resolution member is rude and unhelpful as well and even challenged me to report to ACCC if I wish. Already reported to ACCC

Will never buy from Kogan.com anymore!

Purchased in May 2018 at Kogan.com for $599.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
System Errors Occasionally

Not as smooth an experience as I expected.

It's okay. Complete clean function works fine. It gets stuck under surfaces a little too small for it to fit under, and ramped surfaces are a no-no. Whether this works well for you, depends entirely on what your house looks like. If you have a lot flat/hard un-carpeted surfaces, with minimal things on the floor, than this will work very well on an automated schedule. But if not, you'll find yourself packing and moving things to that it works properly.

Purchased in August 2018 at Shopro for $360.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
System Errors Occasionally

Easy and convenient product!

I am using this vacuum cleaner once or twice a week on my wood floor. It’s easy to control and it works great. However, some corners can not be clean in the house and it got stuck on some humps between the room and the living room or some thicker carpets, so I need to manually move it back to another space and rescan again. But overall it helps to save a lot of time and clean the floor quite well.

Purchased in April 2016 at Xiaomi Australia for $450.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Vacuum cleaner

This vacuum cleaner is just like a robot, I bought it online last year, it does a perfect job around my house, it saves my money a lot compared to another brand

Purchased in March 2018.

System Errors Often

Excellent invention

Saw this at my friend's place and immediately bought one. Been using it on carpet mostly. Works better than normal vacume cleaner. Excellent battery life. Single charge cleans my entire home (3 bedrooms and lounge).

Purchased in January 2019 at Kogan.com for $400.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Very useful unit

We have a new large living space with timber floor. I spent so much time sweeping after dinner guests I bout the Xiaomi. I was not prepared to pay the price of other brands. While the zoning of this unit is not very good (doesn't save, can't handle me moving it to a different part of the house) it works well. I don't use the mopping function often but it does work OK. I'm surprised how much the Xiaomi picks up off the floor, and am delighted it gets under my bed and clawfoot bath. But I wonder if China is listening??

Purchased in December 2018 for $473.00.

System Errors Occasionally

One of the best robot vacuum

This vacuum is more than what i expected. I loveeee this so much. It does do te mopping and vacuuming. Save my time alot especially i have new born. No need to spend time in mopping and vacumming tiles floor everyday now.

Purchased in June 2018.

It works on everything

To be honest I didn't expect much from this robot, my wife wanted it and it seemed like just an expensive toy.
We already have 3 vacuums in the house, some of them are quite powerful and expensive.
However, this small machine really exceeded my expectations - it works on everything: carpets, tiles and wood.
We have a dog, and the robot really helps to clean it up every day, something that family members would rather avoid doing.
It charges itself and builds a map of the house, but we just use one button control to run it.
The only downside is that you need to empty it once in a while, hopefully this could also be automated soon.
I can only recommend this vacuum!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

I loooove my Xiaomi Mi!

I absolutely love this machine - has to be one of the best things I have bought in a long time.
It is easy to use - I have carpet, lino, tiles & floorboards and it handles all of them seamlessly. It can navigate around items, over small lips on the floor from tiles to lino areas, you can spot clean small areas if needed, and it washes the floor as well!
If you are looking for a robotic vacuum cleaner - do yourself a favour and buy this one! It's fantastic!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Was best domestic appliance ever purchased

Update 24/06/19
The original review below was reflective of about two months of owning this vacuum.
After two months it stopped working on carpets and we had it serviced (and apparently fixed and cleaned out) multiple times with no luck. For some reason, it just didn't like our carpet even though it was working perfectly to start with.
When we had it serviced last time (about 3 weeks ago), when we turned it on the fan suction wasnt working at all. Took it back to the supplier and now they are refunding us the money. I guess it proves that issues we had with it cannot be fixed.

Original review.
We have a large house with lots of floor space to be cleaned. To make it even more frustrating when it comes to vacuuming, we have three dogs, different sizes with different coats. So vacuuming is pretty much needed daily.
This robot vacuum is a life (and time) saver. It has a large battery that even when set up to clean in full turbo mode, it can do almost the whole house in one charge. And if not, its smart technology that makes it almost as smart as a human takes care of it all for us. Love the 'zone clean up' feature.
The only negative is the constant error messages when it cleans the carpet. We have new very plush carpets and it seems to think the cleaning brush is stuck and needs cleaning. All we do now is re-start the clean process and it's on the way again... but is somewhat frustrating.

Purchased in December 2018 for $450.00.

System Errors Often

Genuinely amazing!

I have been sceptical of robot vacuums for a long time, and after reading the reviews of the Xiaomi Mi Robot I took the plunge and bought it. I got the version with NIDEC brushless motor. This thing is absolutely amazing. It uses a LIDAR system and maps out your rooms and then methodically cleans them. And it cleans them very well! Our house is mostly timber flooring and tiles and it just eats dust up. I was also very impressed when it managed to navigate through a maze of dining chairs without getting stuck and giving up. We have a high pile rug in one bedroom and unfortunately it can’t handle the height and gets stuck. I believe the new S50 model is better with this, but hey, we’ll just use our normal vacuum for this rug every now and then.

The app is brilliant - you can see where the robot is in your house, get it to spot clean areas (drag and drop the cleaning rectangle onto the map), adjust vacuum speeds, etc. The robot has its own wifi connection which links to your Xiaomi account. This means you can check on your robot wherever you are, so long as you have a data connection on your phone. If I’m at work and nobody is at home, I can start a clean for the fun of it. You can also schedule cleans so that it occurs same time every week (or day, or however often you want to repeat the clean).

With all this functionality I wish you could create a digital virtual wall, but there doesn’t appear to be that functionality. If you want it to stay out of a room you’ll either have to close the door, put a physical object there, or use a magnetic strip to symbolise a wall.

Overall though, this is a seriously impressive piece of kit for the price! We love it.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

an investment in time

purchase of the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum was an investment (ie "yields utility over time" (Wikipedia). the vacuum does well on wooden floor and scattered carpets; it uses sensor to avoid the stairwell; can go under furniture if height allows; cleans well; app provides useful information on cleaning history, maintenance, care, settings, and other; cannot do stairs so a quick sweep up beforehand of those areas advantageous - after all, who wants to lug a vacuum up and down stairs?

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Perfect budget robot vacuum

Easy to use even without connected to the wifi.
Save me lots of time. Very cheap compare to other brands.
I don’t use my Dyson that often anymore. highly recommend.
Very Gooooooooood

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Brilliant robot vacuum. Carries spyware

The robot works amazingly well, and based on my first purchase, I now have two. The problem is that the app asks for permissions that are totally unnecessary for the task. I balked a bit when it asked for my contacts list (I figured my wifi password was legit, but worried about my location data), but just today it asked for access to all my files and photographs. I mean, seriously? What does a robotic vacuum cleaner need with every single piece of data in my phone? ... oh. Right :/
I figured I could ignore it, but now I try to use the app, and it tells me that my devices have been removed.
I don't want to be paranoid, but this robot definitely seems to be quite a patriot of its country of manufacture.
DO NOT BUY!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Frequently Asked Questions about Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (1st gen)

Can I use the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum without using the smartphone app?

You do not require a smartphone to use the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum, although you will not have access to scheduling & monitoring features. You can operate the vacuum using the buttons on the vacuum unit to start and stop the vacuum.

Latest Consumer Questions

does this vacuum map out its own route and maintain that for future cleans ?
Yes, but it's logic in sequencing is still a mystery to me....

Hi All, Big fan of Xiaomi products, I purchased a Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum in March 2019 and was initially very happy with the unit. Until recently: 1) All of a sudden, the unit seems to have difficulty connecting to WiFi. 2) When it does, the following happens - Please see link to YouTube video as it best describes the situation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-36mHTAKOS8 Like my unit and as you can see, the unit is fully charged. It starts up and tries to commence the cleaning process. However, the unit stops the moment it leaves the docking station. I have resetted the unit as well as factory-resetted it. Some other users have advised changing the internal battery. Can anyone advise or confirm if this is the best course of action? Unfortunately, the retailer I purchased the unit from is not replying to my queries. Thanks in advance. Kind regards, JC

Hi, We have had the cleaner for a year and had no problems at all. But yesterday it was able to clean only for 5 min more or less and ran out of battery. I charged it over night and tried again , the same issue... could you tell me why is it happening? Is there something we can do or it’s just normal that the battery life will decrease with time ?
We lodge the problem with the vendor and if it is within warranty period, they should fix it. It could be the battery problem, the docking station contact point or the CPU system. We never had an answer from the technical team but after two failed attempts to fix the problem, they gave us a refund finally after 5 months of dispute.

CategoryRobot Vacuum Cleaners
Bin Capacity0.42 L
HEPA FilterNo
Weight3.8 kg
Running Time 150 min
Dimensions 96 x 345 x 345 mm
Replaced byXiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd gen)

Visit official website - Download manual